PDA

View Full Version : Casey and Andy

Cikomyr
2017-09-20, 07:21 AM
This is one of the webcomic i have reread the most. Scratch that, it is the one i have reread the most. Its so silly at times, it always gave me a good laugh.

My favourite jokes are probably "Casey cooking tragedies". Its akin to Homer Simpson starting a fire by pouring milk in cereals xD

So I was reading the TVtrope page since.. forever. And I learned a lot about the author; Andy Weir. I mean, i followed his work infrequently for years (at every C&A binge), so its not like he would have done anything of major significance..

...wait. that Andy Weir is the same Andy Weir who wrote THE ****ING MARTIAN?!?!

How did I miss that?!?!

Favourite character: Mary, but only when boosted with Wolverine claws
Favourite story act: probably Time-traveling Jenn
Favourite Villain: Don Cindy

Jetstream
2017-09-22, 10:01 PM
This is one of the webcomic i have reread the most. Scratch that, it is the one i have reread the most. Its so silly at times, it always gave me a good laugh.

My favourite jokes are probably "Casey cooking tragedies". Its akin to Homer Simpson starting a fire by pouring milk in cereals xD

So I was reading the TVtrope page since.. forever. And I learned a lot about the author; Andy Weir. I mean, i followed his work infrequently for years (at every C&A binge), so its not like he would have done anything of major significance..

How did I miss that?!?!

Favourite character: Mary, but only when boosted with Wolverine claws
Favourite story act: probably Time-traveling Jenn
Favourite Villain: Don Cindy

Yeah. They're the same guy.

Yes. That buggers my cerebellum too.

Kish
2017-09-22, 11:29 PM
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here blinking at the implication that a webcomic author by definition never does anything worth noting in his life except make the webcomic, even years after the webcomic's ended.

The Glyphstone
2017-09-23, 10:16 AM

How did I miss that?!?!

Wait wat.

Holy crap.

I loved C+A for its entire run. That's a pretty impressive credit to have for Andy's future work.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here blinking at the implication that a webcomic author by definition never does anything worth noting in his life except make the webcomic, even years after the webcomic's ended.

I think it's more in the sense of "hey, that guy I used to know when I was a kid? He's internationally famous now, but I never noticed." Not specifically webcomics. Plus, going from the zaniness of C+A to the seriousness of The Martian is a pretty dramatic shift in writing tone, so it's not a logical link you would notice easily.