PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Soulblades and creating two blades.

thorr-kan
2017-09-20, 12:28 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here.

Is there any way for a soulblade to manifest two blades at once? Dual-wielding Jedi wannabe seem to be a thing...

torrasque666
2017-09-20, 12:41 PM
5th level, shape mind blade feature.

At 5th level, a soulknife gains the ability to change the form of his mind blade. As a fullround action, he can change his mind blade to replicate a longsword (damage 1d8 for a Medium weapon wielded as a one-handed weapon) or a bastard sword (damage 1d10 for a Medium weapon, but he must wield it as a two-handed weapon unless he knows the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword) feat). If a soulknife shapes his mind blade into the form of a bastard sword and wields it two-handed, he adds 1½ times his Strength bonus to his damage rolls, just like when using any other two-handed weapon.

Alternatively, a soulknife can split his mind blade into two identical short swords, suitable for fighting with a weapon in each hand. (The normal penalties for fighting with two weapons apply.) However, both mind blades have an enhancement bonus 1 lower than the soulknife would otherwise create with a single mind blade.

Manyasone
2017-09-20, 01:40 PM
3.5 or DSP pathfinder?

thorr-kan
2017-09-20, 02:25 PM
5th level, shape mind blade feature.
I missed that. How did I miss that? (Sleep deprivation.)

Thank you.

ATHATH
2017-09-20, 03:51 PM
Question: Why are you playing a Soulknife, and not, say, a Psychic Warrior with that ACF that turns it into a better Soulknife?

thorr-kan
2017-09-20, 05:03 PM
Question: Why are you playing a Soulknife, and not, say, a Psychic Warrior with that ACF that turns it into a better Soulknife?
I'm not. I was just curious.

Sagetim
2017-09-20, 05:08 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here.

Is there any way for a soulblade to manifest two blades at once? Dual-wielding Jedi wannabe seem to be a thing...

Yes, someone already answered where, I just wanted to point out for future reference:

Soulknife is the base class.

Mindblade is the class ability in question.

I've also made that mistake, but it helps to remind yourself of the difference every so often. Also, the feat Up the Walls will help with getting your Jedi-ness on, by opening up interesting movement options. And at higher level, investing in a Ring of Telekinesis will probably cover all your 'wave hand, move stuff' needs. I mean, maybe not all of them, but at least you can move the party's tank in their full plate across the jumping puzzle, or hurl an obnoxious amount of mildly enchanted weapons at a target for piles of damage.

thorr-kan
2017-09-20, 08:10 PM
Yes, someone already answered where, I just wanted to point out for future reference:

Soulknife is the base class.

Mindblade is the class ability in question.
Point.

I dinna say it was *my* thing, but it is a thing. However, you've got good advice!