PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Allcaster

RickAsWritten
2017-09-20, 05:55 PM
Has anyone ever played a Hill Dwarf multi-class conglomeration? With point buy you can start with:

STR:8
DEX:8
CON:10
INT:15
WIS:16
CHA:15

Your CON is crap but with Hill Dwarf it's almost like having a 12. There are about a million different class combinations that you could slap together with those base stats. Heavy Armor from a level in one of the Cleric subclasses that grant it. I think I'd start Cleric 1-Nature, dip 2 levels in Warlock for Agonizing and Repelling, then Wizard for 2 and grab Portent, from there continue onward in one of the three. It's not optimal, and there are a lot of cons(a lack of CON specifically), but I feel like it would have enough tricks up its sleeve to be fun to play.

Theodoxus
2017-09-20, 06:31 PM
Nope... I don't think there's enough advantage to multiclassing into more than 2 casters that don't share the same casting stat.

A bard/sorc/warlock could be interesting, shoring up each other deficiencies - but I wouldn't use a dwarf for that.

At most, for your example, I'd drop charisma, and go cleric/wizard for more utility.

ZorroGames
2017-11-04, 01:07 PM
Nope... I don't think there's enough advantage to multiclassing into more than 2 casters that don't share the same casting stat.

A bard/sorc/warlock could be interesting, shoring up each other deficiencies - but I wouldn't use a dwarf for that.

At most, for your example, I'd drop charisma, and go cleric/wizard for more utility.

I agree. I would switch CO and CH at least and go that Cleric/Wizard route.

nickl_2000
2017-11-04, 01:10 PM
I agree. I would switch CO and CH at least and go that Cleric/Wizard route.

You would struggle with concentration checks. You would have to start with a class that gives constitution prof

ZorroGames
2017-11-04, 02:38 PM
You would struggle with concentration checks. You would have to start with a class that gives constitution prof

With a CO 0f 15 or were you referring to OP? I am going to assume the latter...

wilhelmdubdub
2017-11-04, 02:41 PM
start artificer?