PDA

View Full Version : Building Pazuzu

ZamielVanWeber
2017-09-20, 07:59 PM
I am trying to build a decently authentic Pazuzu (the Sumerian demon). I intend to use a re-skinned raptorans for the start, but on top of that I would like a bite (for the dog's head) and a poisonous sting (for the scorpion's tail). I want the Windstorm and Summer domains (for the hot harsh winds Pazuzu brings) and ideally druid casting but cleric works fine.

Less important but cool to have would be additional wind/storm/heat/sky themed domains, Censure Fiends, and the chaotic and evil subtypes.

Any thoughts?

Zakerst
2017-09-21, 12:24 AM
So are you trying to build pazuzu as a greater demon, or a lesser god or a PC or NPC? Basically what rules for building are we working with?

Of the top of my head I believe there is a willing deformity feat for a bite attack. And while not 3.5 legal in and of itself, the mutation rules from d20 modern would get you a tail with a stinger without too much issue. Becoming a walker in the waste also helps with the whole hot winds motif.

Now do you want the domains for the powers they grant or the spells or the ability to grant them? For getting the domains I'm not gonna be much help except to suggest worshiping a concept or ideal that embodies them.

Being an evil outsider also gives you access to the fiend of possession and blasphemy PRCs maybe not the best options out there but thematically perhaps appropriate if you are drawing inspiration from a particular film. There are a couple of ways you could do that, even just using the rituals from savage species.

Anyway those are my late night thoughts on the matter, hopefully I was able to help some.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-09-21, 12:56 AM
PC. I am currently investigating a combo of Shaman (OA) and Scourge of Chaos (Bestiary of Krynn, Revised). I want shaman 11 for that delicious bonus domain and Scourge 3, so I just need 6 more levels.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-09-21, 03:11 PM
So shaman 11, Contemplative 1, sacred fist 5 (with text trumps table), Scourge of Chaos 3.
I just need the stinging tail (is there a graft for that?).

My intended domains are Windstorm and Hunger at 1, Flame at 11th, Summer at 12th gives me everything I want thematically. Sacred Fist gives me a nice save combo, full BAB, and a few spiffy features and synergizes with shaman nicely and Monk's Belt fixes the lack of Wis to AC and Unarmed Strike scaling.

Any thoughts?