PDA

View Full Version : D20M Thrown weapon build.

Nosta
2017-09-20, 09:12 PM
So I have chosen to play a thrown weapon user. We're running a rwby based game using D20M and I have chosen to use my Gmail made boomerang swords. 1d8 c19 x3 but I can not find any good way of building a good thrower. Is there and advance class or feats in D20M or 3.5 or pf that would work to make me a good combatant? I am human level 8, if that helps

Gruftzwerg
2017-09-20, 10:09 PM
Bloodstorm Blade (prc) from ToB.
For a 4 lvl dip, you get to throw any melee weapon, give it lightining returning to full attack with it and let the ranged attack count as melee back again.
This opens up ubercharger builds for thrown weapons.
My Hammerdin of Moradin & ShurikeNado makes use of it, if you want an example.

Since you start at lvl 7 you could already be a BSB 2 and have access to (normal) returning for your melee weapon (at the start of next turn) and already may use it as ranged weapon and let it count as melee attack again. You need just another 2 lvls for the ranged full attack (weapon returns immediately and thus you can full attack with a single weapon).

edit: build ubercharger + whirlwind for extra cheese

Ashtagon
2017-09-21, 02:05 AM
d20 Future:
Dreadnought L8 allows you to treat the weapons as a size class smaller. Rest of class offers nothing special for the build though.
Engineer offers options to customise your weapons a bit more.
Xenophile gets ranger-style "favoured enemies". Tracer gets this too, plus a sneak attack equivalent.

d20 Past:
Gangster gets a sneak attack.

d20 Modern:
Strong Hero: Mainly for the BAB. No other class has a good BAB.

Feats to go for:
Archaic Weapons Proficiency is probably required for your character concept.
Quick Draw if you can combine that with the Dreadnought L8 feature, this might synergise.
Weapon Focus is a generally rubbish feat, but still helps the concept.
Two-Weapon Fighting lets you throw effectively with both arms instead of just one.

There may be a 3pp that helps; didn't check.