PDA

View Full Version : When in Redmond (IC Thread)

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-20, 10:58 PM
Date: October 9th, 2071
Time: 1902 hrs

The rain-slick streets of mid-autumn greet you as you head out into the night. The bills have been piling up, and you've just received the news that you all have been waiting for; someone has a job they're will to pay for. The siren call of nuyen brings you to the heart of Downtown, to the Club Penumbra. The appointment with Johnson isn't scheduled until 1915 hrs, leaving you all a few minutes to get a lay of the land.

fibericon
2017-09-21, 12:49 AM
Sukeban glances side to side as she makes her way toward the club. The armor Papa had given her to wear was heavy, but she'd rather be tired than dead. Between that and the rather obvious weapons, she practically screamed "newbie". But every team needs muscle - magical or otherwise - and at least she could bring her standing with the Yakuza to the table if need be.

After a brief look at the streets facing the entrance, she heads for the door.

Will be using #003399 for speaking.

Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/552302): 5d6t5 1

Lionheart
2017-09-21, 06:31 AM
Bells woke up late to the sound of her commlink chirping; it had been a long night for all the wrong reasons. She groggily came to her feet to fix herself some soycaff, cursing at her inability to say no to 'one more drink' and beginning to feel the creep of fear that came with knowing she'd splurged her cash instead of saving it to repay her debtors.

Luckily, the message was good news. Donning her ripped jeans and t-shirt, she slid her gear into various pockets, and her pistol into the concealable holster under her arm. She pulled a jacket over the top to keep the bulge from showing, and stepped out into the rain to make her way to the club downtown.

As she nears the place, she keeps her eyes open for any trouble, or anything that might become trouble later.

Bells will speak in Purple
Perception check: (Rolls from fibericon's recommendation) 9d6t5 - 3 successes
Figure I may as well roll here for starting nuyen as well: 4d6: 12 = 1500 nuyen.

Volthawk
2017-09-21, 10:10 AM
Preparing to go in, Hound stands in the back of his van, parked up in a nearby alley, looking over his equipment and drones. Although his gaze lingers on some of his larger drones - his stealth-modified Doberman, his armed Chariot or one of his aerial drones - he changes his mind and walks out with just a few small drones in his pockets and a briefcase.

He probably looks a little odd, a long coat covering up most of his jumpsuit and a briefcase that doesn't quite fit the image (more appropriate for the locale than a toolbox though), but nonetheless he heads to the club, keeping his eyes open. He was looking forward to a good payday, so far he has been living worse with less money than his old life, what with debts and buying all this new gear.

Perception (Int 3 + Per 2 + Cyberware 3): [roll0] bugger I mentally defaulted to d10s. Using fiber's site: 2 hits (http://orokos.com/roll/552371).

Gonna use this green for speech.

Taqukaq
2017-09-21, 12:42 PM
With wings outstretched, The Shaman glides down towards the club. Grasped in his talons is a small bag holding his gear. His Foci, hang tightly and very well secured around his eagle neck. He remembered Dame getting to him. Finding his apartment while he was hunting and reaching out to his mind net to talk to him. A new job eh? Well this should be good. With any luck I won't have to work with humans again, but beggars can't be choosers. He lands near the bouncer and digs in his bag to show the bouncer his ID.

Assuming everything goes smoothly and the bouncer lets the massive, sentient brain talking eagle though the entrance, The Shaman will place the bag down and bite down on it. He will then drag it to the meeting spot. Normally he would worry about getting stepped on but he is considered large even by eagle standards. Nearly the size of a growing child, Vengeful eagle may occasionally bump into someone's hip and then they look down to see a large eagle dragging a bag full of equipment. The Shaman would diligently ignore the disturbance and march on unless he was physically impeded. The sight would probably be hilarious as they watch a large eagle, stomping around carrying a bag.

Perception INT 2 + 2 eagle eye critterpower [roll0] 2 hits... uhhh. Do the 1s hurt me if I get hits?
Vengeful Eagle will speak in This color

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-21, 07:53 PM
The club, while not the most popular in the 'plex, is nonetheless filled with people of all stripes. Thumping techno sounds fill the air along with the dull chatter of friends and associates sharing drinks. Many eyes look you over as you enter, most dismissing you as quickly as you catch their eyes. A few catch your eyes, as you catch theirs; 2 young elven women, a human man of middling age, and a large bird with a fierce look about it.

The four of you also notice a table towards the back of the main club, currently sitting empty with a 'Reserved' plaque set upon it. A few moments later, you hear a man shout out, "Hey, what the frag?! I ordered my wings extra crispy, not RAW!" At this, the surrounding partyers withdraw, revealing a largish man glaring at a very particular bird who, in his surveying, had run right into the human.
That was more just an 'introduce the group' roll than anything else.
Taqukaq, anytime half or more of your dice pool turns up as 1's, you glitch. Here, you still succeeded, however there were... Complications. Namely, ruffling someone's feathers. Also, you got considerably more attention walking in than the others; birds the size of rottweilers are not part of the regular clientele.

We've still got one player unaccounted for here, namely trianvanski. I'm going to poke them and see what's up. I'm not going to hold up the game for them.

Triskavanski
2017-09-21, 08:24 PM
Lollipop comes rolling up on her Cyclops bike towards the Nightclub. The rabbit changeling was dressed up in her steampunked outfit, bouncing lightly from foot to foot as she heads into the nightclub. She beings looking around the club, trying to make sure no one from Cat Trophy is around in the bar.

[roll0] Nuyen
[roll1] Perception
[roll2] +Visual
[roll3] +Hearing

Taqukaq
2017-09-21, 08:30 PM
The Shaman sets down his bag and lets out a piercing eagle screach at the man and lightly flapping his wings as the shaman pecks at his bag. Then he picks the bag up and continues walking on, seemingly continuing on to the reserved location. Hoping to see his comrades.

Yaaay bird man made friends. Also are we just gonna do OOC like this or will we have a thread for that as well?

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-21, 09:06 PM
Nah, just a chance to introduce characters organically before things kick off. Post tomorrow will introduce the Johnson.

Also Triskavanski, you also see what was stated in my earlier post, just that the tough shouts at the eagle almost immediately after you enter.

fibericon
2017-09-22, 01:41 AM
Sukeban is not impressed with the scene, but elects to keep her mouth shut. While she'd always been told that people in the Barrens were "poor and obviously so", she never really understood what that meant until right now. They were less well dressed than she was used to, but that was a given. What struck her was the smell. It wasn't necessarily bad - body odor notwithstanding - but it took her a moment to place. These people washed their clothes with dish soap. Laundry detergent was too expensive.

The shrieking from behind her earns a glance, then a stare as she turns to look at the shaman. He's noticeable, to put it mildly. She makes her way to the reserved table at the back, furrowing her brow when it becomes obvious that he's doing the same. Taking a seat, she props one elbow up on the back of her chair, and rests the fingers of her other hand on her forehead, watching the shaman's approach.

Lionheart
2017-09-22, 03:38 AM
Bells laughed at the antics of the bird that had somehow found its way into the club, her raucous voice cutting through the thumping beats. Her laughter stopped abruptly as she realised that this might be one of her companions on this run.

She was happy to work with all sorts, what self respecting runner wouldn't be? But a fragging eagle? This run was going to be interesting, that much was certain.

Turning to the bar, Bells ordered herself something cheap but strong; she thought she'd probably need it. Taking her drink, and paying the tab, she takes a seat beside the other elf at the table.

"Hoy chummer, you here for the Johnson?"

Volthawk
2017-09-22, 05:19 AM
Hound wasn't completely at home here, to say the least - he was never really a club person, and even if he was he wouldn't have come somewhere like here in the old days. When he notices the table, he earnestly heads over to it, keeping an eye on the bird as he goes - he wasn't sure what was up with that, but he's sure he'd soon find out. This new line of work seemed to have a tendency to bring him into contact with the stranger people of the city.

As he approaches the table, not even in stopping to grab a drink, his attention is grabbed by the heavy firepower one of them is carrying. Looks like these are the people, and she hasn't had the luxury of Seer going on and on about subtlety at her. He takes a set at the table, putting his briefcase down on the table and reaching into a pocket and pulling out a iBall, placing it next to the case as he looks over at the others. "Other members of the team, I suppose?"

Oh yeah, nuyen [roll0]

fibericon
2017-09-22, 06:26 AM
Sukeban looks at Bells and nods, "I'm Sukeban, and I guess I'm your door kicker. Enforcer, whatever, omae. Grace is just strength in motion, y'know?"

She offers a half scoff, half chuckle, then looks over at the device placed on the table before looking up at its owner. "I guess we already know what you do." Turning back to Bells she adds in Sperethiel, "What's your game?"

The Japanese accent made the Gaelic-based language come off awkwardly, betraying that it was certainly not a first language for her.

Lionheart
2017-09-22, 07:04 AM
Bells nods to Hound as he joins them, and responds to Sukeban's comments.

"If you're looking for grace, you certainly come to the right place. Name's Bells, and you won't find an infiltrator better this side of Elliot Bay." She screws up her face at the Sperethiel, "What's that? Japanese?

Turning to Hound, she continues, "You our hacker then chummer? "

Volthawk
2017-09-22, 07:48 AM
Hound shrugs in response to the question. "Not really. Sure, I know my way around the Matrix, but these," He taps the iBall "these are my speciality - drone rigging and hardware mods and such."

Yeah, if Hound's all we have for hacking, we're not very good on the offence. His only cracking skill is Electronic Warfare, and his programs and gear match that general defensive setup.

fibericon
2017-09-22, 07:55 AM
Sukeban blows air out her nose and offers a half smile. "I thought all elves spoke Sperethiel. Or maybe mine is just so bad it's incomprehensible. Either way, my bad."

The metallic click of Hound's tapping draws her attention again. "Those things look like toys, but they can be a pain. Well, I don't know about yours, but I trained against drones firing gel rounds. I hated those things."

Taqukaq
2017-09-22, 07:58 AM
The shaman finally arives and plaps his wings, perching on the back of an empty chair. He plops his bag of gear on the enpty seat. He twitches his head back and forth, his piercing gaze penatrating everyone. Then he reaches out, with his mind net force 3 to allow everyone inside.

[roll0]

Drain: [roll1] Sweet i got the roll and the drain. The text inside the {} is heard in your minds.

{Greetings runners. My name is The Shaman. I will be handling your magical threats and combating any mage that would seek to do you harm. Getting past the obvious points, yes im a sentient eagle with human level intelligence. When absolutely necessary i can turn into a....vile human. If absolutely necesary.}

Venom practically dripped from his beak at the mention of humans but he doesnt openly express distaste.

Volthawk
2017-09-22, 08:12 AM
Hound chuckles at Sukeban's response. "Depends on the drone and how you modify it. This is pretty simple - I haven't tweaked it, so it just rolls around, observes and just has blinding flashes and smoke past that. My dogs, though...they've got the good stuff, armour, heavy weapons, the works." His talk about drones falters when the eagle starts talking telepathically, and he just takes a few moments to get his head around it. "I...see. What does an eagle spend its nuyen on?"

Taqukaq
2017-09-22, 08:22 AM
Vengeful eagle's erratic bird head movement faltered. Then he bobbed his head up and down rapidly in thought of the question before answering. Everyone could hear the eagle {Hmmmmm...} He bobbed his head more and then he quickly straightened out, almost excited to have an answer.

{I am the shaman for my native American tribe, so i have set up shop here as you humanoids say. Another humanoid saying, i still have bills to pay. Though i would be more than happy on the streets hunting rabbits... and mice. I have a duty to my people. Being the magical talon and wing for this group is a means to the end of helping my people after being slaughtered by humans. That is why everyone calls me The Shaman.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-22, 08:28 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. When posting results for dice rolls, if you would please place a link, so that the roll can be verified. Some people have already been doing that, which is great; those who haven't don't worry, I forgot to mention it. Never run PbP before.

Also, to clear up some confusion, you're not presently in Redmond; you're in Downtown Seattle. The area is kinda rough, but that's because this is a legit runner bar.

Gotta get to work, I'll post the next bit when I get home.

Lionheart
2017-09-22, 08:37 AM
Bells shrugs, "No offence meant omae, your pronunciation was probably perfect. I've just never had a need for anything other than good old English."

She nods in appreciation of Hound's explanation, though is a little apprehensive of breaking in somewhere with Matrix defenses still online.
She just listens with interest to the eagle. She's never met a bird before.

fibericon
2017-09-22, 09:22 AM
Sukeban keeps staring at the drone, shifting uneasily in her seat. "I sparred with flying ones. They were damned fast. Got 'em eventually, but they busted up my ribs in the beginning."

She's less phased by the mind net, being seemingly the only other person at the table familiar with magic. She looks over at the shaman and nods toward Hound. "Whatever your beef is with humans, you're working with one now, so get over it or suck it up or something, because I'm hoping this job is going to get real messy. Our client is probably human. Of the next ten people you meet, I'd be surprised if more than three of them weren't human. And at some point, you're going to need to blend in. Keep up your current look for now though - you're distracting people from my weapons."

Taqukaq
2017-09-22, 10:05 AM
Vengeful eagle tilts his head at Sukeban at his advice towards humans. The Eagle ruffles his wings and extends his right one fully, he scratches his beak into his wing, fixing some of his ruffled feathers.

I work with humans or interact with humans with every run. It is a necesary evil in order to fulfill my duty to my people. If I was unable to "suck it up" or "get over it" which i can only really assume are more humanoid sayings.

But looking at your context and it was directed toward my dislike for humans, my only guess is that you are telling me to, and another humanoid saying, "play nice" then yes. That is my intention. Had i been unwilling, i would have turned around the moment i saw a human sitting among you.

But, i have bills to pay. Just because i do not like humans, that wont stop be from doing ones purpose. I will heal you if you are injured and i will defend you from magical threats. I have a reputation to uphold afterall. Don't worry, i take my true form now so you can all see me as i truely am.

I will not decieve you into thinking im human. Whilst we are on our runs, i will take the form best suited to our needs. If that need is to have a magically capable eagle spitting acid or other dangerous spells at our enemies from above then well...If i were human i would have ended that with a sly grin.

Vengeful Eagle goes back to spreading his wings and readjusting his feathers from his long flight. He ocasionally looks at the drone. He first looks with interedt and then interest turns into full curiosity.

{Mr. Human? Apologies, i havent heard names yet. What is the....metal sapient you have there? Hmmm... i wouldnt say sapient but creature? It doesnt apear to he dual natured. Atleast nothing i can see. If you dont mind an Ukpik's curiosity. We are actually quite curious. Atleast the smart ones are.}

Volthawk
2017-09-22, 11:21 AM
Hound raises an eyebrow at the shaman's question. "Huh. You don't know about drones? Well, yes, it's a machine with limited intelligence - people generally call it a dog-brain. Smart enough to follow instructions I tell it, not so good at thinking outside the box and adapting. As a rigger, I can also remotely control them or jump in and control it as if it was me, if letting it pilot itself is no good. But yeah, it doesn't have a soul or anything if that's what you were asking. "

Taqukaq
2017-09-22, 12:03 PM
Vengeful eagle brings his right wing and strokes his neck and chest feathers with it as if he was an old man with a beard. Surprise surprise it seems that his human form may have a beard.

{Fascinating...I have heard stories of these drones and even seen a few of them on the strange light box in my appartment, but i havent seen them do close. They seem like spirits! Except i cannot jump into my spirits. I can only make them go away or do stuff. So we have you, the machine man, our heavily armed counterpart, myself and what role do you fill?}

At first, no one is sure who he was talking to because he would tilt his head back and forth at an invisible speck on the table and ocasionally try to skewer it with his beak. Then he shook his head as if remembering he was talking and then he turned towards Subekan.

Triskavanski
2017-09-22, 12:58 PM
Lollipop takes a gander, slowly walking through the club. Checking the time, for a moment she looks around again, spying an elf, troll, two humans, and a tiny robot. She begins to walk over to the group, before there is the shriek of the eagle echoing through the building.

Taking a moment she watches the bird, before looking back at the other group, and approaching them. Taking a moment she notices that the group had juiceboxes, and sodas. A quick glance in AR, leaves her unimpressed as they were all playing some sort of card game on the table there.

Nope, not them. She thought to herself as she heads back over to where she had seen the eagle earlier, approaching the group, the rabbit changeling offers a smile to them, "Hiya ya'll. You're all gatherin for something uh..runny?" she asks, tilting her head. Are we lookin for Mr Sausage?"

fibericon
2017-09-22, 02:11 PM
"I believe I'm your muscle. The devil's in the details, so I like to keep it simple."

Sukeban looks over at the new face, remaining quiet for a moment - just shy of being awkward. "Unless there's another table waiting for a client, I think you're in the right place. I'm Sukeban."

Lionheart
2017-09-22, 03:30 PM
Bells raises her glass to the newcomer. "Just when I thought this crew couldn't get any stranger...
Hoy chummer, I think we're just waiting for Mr. Johnson now."

Volthawk
2017-09-22, 03:46 PM
Hound tilts his head to one side as the last member arrives. "Huh...yes we're waiting for the job now. What do you do, out of curiosity? I'm Hound, by the way."

Triskavanski
2017-09-22, 03:58 PM
"Oh good! I was afraid it was that other group over there with the cards. I'm Lollipop, and I, she says looking around "Make things really holey?Uh.. she frowns for a moment, thinking. "I'm a gun-bunny. Who's birdy?"

Taqukaq
2017-09-22, 05:09 PM
Vengeful eagle's head ***** to the side at the phrase "gun bunny" he shakes his whole body, fixing his feathers all over, more a force of habit. His net reaches out to the newcomer as well. Now that everyone is here, lets see what he can learn.

I am my own bird, Lollipop. I am called the Shaman. I shall be handling the magical...difficulties during our run.

[roll0] assensing to look at astral forms, if anyone is a magician or adept, to see if someone has cyberware. To see what i can gather from that. Dang. 1 hit, thank god. And no glitch. :3

Volthawk
2017-09-22, 05:26 PM
So what do I need to tell you with one hit? Still haven't learnt magic stuff. Should I just list my cyberware?

Taqukaq
2017-09-22, 07:05 PM
I think with just one hit it would probably just be where you have cyberware. I dont think i would be able to id it with just one hit. I would also be able to see the rabit is dual natured immediately.

Volthawk
2017-09-22, 07:32 PM
In that case: Headware. Lots of headware. Some, like the cybereyes and ears would E obvious to sight anyway, I guess.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-22, 08:31 PM
During the second refrain from Take it to Mister, around 1913 hrs, a figure can be heading toward the reserved table, which you're currently occupying. An elven woman seemingly of Irish descent, she projects an atmosphere of importance and inmpatience. The air of a Johnson. She is dressed in typical business attire (likely armoured), and her rust-coloured hair is cut short, lending a hint of male energy to her appearance.

The woman greets curtly as she approaches the table, albeit after a moment of pause and a brief look about at the eagle. After taking the last remaining seat, Ms. Johnson reaches to a lighting fixture in the middle of the table and flips a switch. A soft hiss fills the air around as the white noise generator provides the meeting with a measure of privacy. "Assuming this is everyone, I want to get this started." She clears her throat before continuing, "There's been a sharp increase in gang activity over in Redmond over the past week and a half. Some new group making a name for themselves, pushing into the Touristville district, with some fighting even spilling over into Bellevue. This has been making more than a few people nervous, including my superiors. What I want you to do is to find out who is riling things up there and stop them. You're free to go about this how you want, though there would be a bonus if the people responsible are brought in alive; I would like to be able to question them to see what they know. As for payment, I'm cleared to offer you 15 thousand each, with a bonus of 10 thousand each if you bring in one or more of the leaders alive.

Any questions?"

The first paragraph was quickly adjusted to account you guys seating yourselves at the 'reserved' table. If you all sat down elsewhere, I'll edit things to account for that.

Taqukaq
2017-09-22, 08:54 PM
Vengeful Eagle flaps a wong lazily and then simmers down on his perch, reaching out to the Johnson. He lets loose the questions he has in mind.

Where are the significant hot points in activity within the district? What type of activities are they conducting? I assume usual gang stuff, murder, drug and weapons trafficking but what seems to be the focus? Is this random fighting or are specific groups and races being targeted?

fibericon
2017-09-22, 11:48 PM
Sukeban offers a wry smile as Ms. Johnson describes the work. She just can't seem to get away from cleanup duty.

"Fighting's a given with gangers, possibly even in-fighting, but are you aware of any alliances they might have? Oh, and there's another matter. If the reason they're so aggressive is... non-standard, what is your budget for, and preferred method of, handling it? Cracking a few skulls and bringing you the leaders is one thing, but if it goes deeper than your typical ganger drama, you might want us to call you before pulling the trigger."

Healthy, magically active, generally happy.

Lionheart
2017-09-23, 02:43 AM
Bells lets the others get their questions in, she'll hold her own until the Johnson's had time to answer, if she still has any. Negotiation wasn't her strong point, but the payday sounded sweet enough.
It would be harder to bring in the gangers alive, but not impossible.

Bells has cyberware on her spine and several of her muscles.

Volthawk
2017-09-23, 01:48 PM
Hound considers things for a second before speaking. "Hardware. What do they have - weaponry, equipment, vehicles....cyberware? Should we be expecting anything unusual?"

Triskavanski
2017-09-23, 04:19 PM
So Fifteenthousand for just one leader? Like if we get more we don't have anymore from them? Lollipops asks tilting her head, as the others asked thequestions she'd have.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-23, 11:01 PM
After listening closely to the questions you raise, Ms. Johnson will reply to them in turn, "The primary conflict zones appear to be within the 'Touristville' district of Redmond, as well as the surrounding districts. The activity all seems to be inter-gang violence, either over territory or specifically targeting rival gangs. There has been a fair amount of property damage, and several civilian casualties, but all of that seems incidental.

As for the specific gangs involved, that's one of the more unsual things about this. The earlier violence seemed to be just several gangs working out their differences, but it was always different gangs. Within the past few days, however, it seems as if the surviving gangs have formed some kind of alliance. I could provide a list of the known gangs involved, but with how quickly things are changing, I don't know how useful it will be. As for resolving this, I would actually prefer if the instigators could be brought in alive for questioning. Given how volatile this stands to be, though, that isn't required. Taking out the head of the snake will do. As for budget, 15000 for each of you upon breaking things up, an extra 10000 if you bring any of the ringleaders in.

Eyewitness accounts of the attack have given us a good sense of what sort of heat these gangers are packing. They've got Pred's akimbo, the odd RPG, and lots of automatic rifles. One or two gangs have also fielded drone support; numbers are unclear, but around a half dozen or so, mainly ground based. They do seem to have a degree of magical power on tap, but that seems far more in line with typical demographics. If I were to offer my opinion on this, it seems like some warlord in the making happened upon a cache of military surplus and gave free samples to all the little bad boys and girls."

fibericon
2017-09-23, 11:55 PM
Sukeban nods. This doesn't sound like anything special at the moment. Ambitious, sure, but not special. "That's all I need to know. Anyone else?"

Lionheart
2017-09-24, 02:26 AM
Bells listens carefully to the Johnson's answers. It all sounded fairly pedestrian, just another ganger trying to make himself king of the corners.

"All sounds good to me, I don't think we'll have any particular problems here. Do we have a timeframe for this?"

Taqukaq
2017-09-24, 09:20 AM
Vengeful eagle sits and eagerly listens to the Johnsons answers as she addresses everyones concern and everyones attempt to find out as much as we can about these gangs. Vengeful Eagle asks one more question.

{Hm... you say they nay have stumbled on a surplus. It is a possible lead we can look down and find out if it means anything in about an hour or so with a search through the matrix for news stories. Around what time did all of this begin to kick off? That might give us some time to see if we could find info on the specific rabble rousers. That will be my final question.

Triskavanski
2017-09-24, 09:49 AM
Lollipop crosses her arms and shrugs. "Sounds good enough to me, I get to shooty up some baddies and make money."

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-24, 01:50 PM
"According to the eyewitness and KE reports, the first known incident of this crime wave occurred on September 27, at 1437 hrs. It happened in north-east Touristville, approaching the more dangerous parts of Redmond. Given how things are in most of Redmond, it's unlikely this was truly the point of origin, as reporting on activity in other neighbourhoods is spotty to non-existent. As for time frames, I would like this to be wrapped up in a week. Circumstances warranting, an extension can be negotiated."

Ms. Johnson briefly consults her commlink, then addresses the group as a whole, stating "If that's everything, I should be going. I have other tasks to tend to."

fibericon
2017-09-24, 01:55 PM
Sukeban simply nods, offering a "be my guest" gesture in response. Glancing around at her team, she smirks, "Who's driving? I call shotgun."

Volthawk
2017-09-24, 02:10 PM
Hound nods in response to Johnson. "I have enough information, yes." He turns to Suoeban when she asks about transport. "I have my van, it should have space for anyone without transport. I'd just like to request anyone back there doesn't get too touchy with the machines. At least one of them may explode. And yes, you can ride shotgun if you wish Sukeban."

Lionheart
2017-09-24, 02:54 PM
Bells nods to the Johnson as she takes her leave, then turns to the rest of the team.

"I could do with a ride too, if it's not too much trouble. What's our first move? I reckon we should do a bit of digging before we take any real action." Now, I'm not much of a liar, but I should be able to disguise myself well enough to blend in in the area, listen in on a few conversations, see where we go from there?"

"Are any of you any good with the Matrix? I'm a bit of a klutz when it comes to that stuff, but it might be an idea to look at the news around that, and any chats going on about it; could be we get a decent run-down from there before we go in person."

Taqukaq
2017-09-24, 07:09 PM
Vengeful Eagle picks up his bag in his beak.

{I think someone should see if any military surpluses were robbed on the date the Johnson specified. Could give us a decent starting point. I will follow you all in the sky. Im not a fan of being trapped in vehicles if i can avoid it.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-24, 08:12 PM
"Call me at this number when the job is done, or if circumstances complicate things significantly."

<Got Johnson's contact info>

"If you need to, this table is rented for another... 33 minutes. Excuse me." With that, Ms. Johnson pushes back from the table, stands, and heads towards the exit.

fibericon
2017-09-25, 01:26 AM
Sukeban nods toward Bells. "Depending on who's involved, I might be able to do a little negotiating, but chances are, you don't want me going in until you're ready to go loud. Everyone exchange comm codes and don't stray too far. I'll hang back if you need a more delicate touch, but if things go south, I need to be able to get to you if I'm going to pull you out of the fire."

She places her commlink on the table and displays the code. "But to answer your question, Bells, I don't know the matrix from a hole in the ground. Any idea where you want to start gathering info?"

Lionheart
2017-09-25, 02:34 AM
Bells nods at Sukeban and The Shaman's input, "I know a guy that runs in one of the gangs down the Barrens, could be that he can give me some more information. Give me a minute, and I'll give him a buzz. And yeah, maybe we could get lucky on the surplus, if anyone's able to look into that.

I think it's best we use the rest of the time here, since it's protected and all."

Rolling for gang knowledge skill, to see if there's anything Bells knows about which gangs run in Touristville area that might be involved.

9d6t5 (http://orokos.com/roll/553264) 1 success...

Bells pulls out her commlink, giving it's code to the others and adding theirs and the Johnson's. She then sends a message to her ganger contact {Mickey Smokes, Connection 2, Loyalty 3} "Hoy Mickey, long time no see. Just wondering if you had any info on this mess that's going down in Touristville right now; some sort of gang coalition with some serious hardware. Hit me up if you know anything"

Volthawk
2017-09-25, 03:09 AM
Hound grins, taking out his commlink and sharing his code. "Like I said, I know my way around the Matrix even if I'm not a proper hacker. I'll see what I can find."

So I don't actually have a Browse program funnily enough, but since it's an Availability - common use program, any problems with Hound just buying one online at the normal price bossman?

Taqukaq
2017-09-25, 06:49 AM
{Unfortunately, there isnt much i can do until we find a good place to start. Then ill do my part in looking for astral signatures or magical threats. I might take this moment to summon and bind some spirits.

Volthawk
2017-09-25, 02:29 PM
Hound slips on his AR gloves and does a little shopping for programs before speaking to the others. "Well I'll get to work on digging up information, you guys do your things. When it comes to my drones, they'll be more useful when we get to the scene - I've got quite a few surveillance devices in there, particularly for eyes up high, although..." He looks back at the shaman. "I guess we're better in that regard than usual, huh." He then focuses on his searches, looking for information on the gangs and the recent events in the Barrens.

Data Search (Computer 2 + Browse 4): [roll0]

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-25, 05:15 PM
I am here, y'all. Most of the stuff I'm doing right now will be going to the parties directly, so this is just to maintain my 'in-game' post. If you prefer me to paste stuff these things directly into the thread, just let me know.

Volthawk
2017-09-25, 06:24 PM
After a few minutes of work, Hound's attention reverts to the group. "Alright, gathered up a bunch of data - some information of the gangs, particularly the bigger ones that crop up more often, a few whens and wheres for incidents, that sort of thing. Bit of a mess right now, I'll work on getting it all on a map for us so we can easily see where to look." With that, he returns to keep on working.

Assuming the mapsoft I need is as easy to get as the browser program was. Rolling here because I'm pretty sure rolls don't work over PM.

Computer 2+Logic 5+Encephalon 1: [roll0]

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-25, 09:27 PM
Just to let everyone know, I've got something planned for this Tuesday and Wednesday, so I likely won't be able to respond to posts again until wednesday evening. Sorry for not bringing this up sooner. I am a derp.

fibericon
2017-09-25, 11:43 PM
After watching Hound do research for a bit, she takes her commlink and sends off a text, trying to remember what she knows about the gangs in that area.

"Papa, know anything about the gang violence in Touristville?"

Underworld knowledge (http://orokos.com/roll/553503): 7d6t5 2

Papa: Loyalty 6, connection 4

Lionheart
2017-09-26, 07:09 AM
Bells fiddles with her commlink for a while longer before addressing the group again.
"Good work Hound, any information is useful at this point.
I've got word back from Mickey, he tells me there's a gang in the area that's stayed out of all the violence, and aren't too happy that it's going down near their territory. They call themselves the Scalpels, anyone heard of them?
Apparently, they're all docs of one sort or another. I think we should set up a meet with them, find out what they know.
The worst that comes of it is we get the contact info of some a local neutral party that might be willing to patch us up if it goes south. What do you think?"

Triskavanski
2017-09-26, 11:30 AM
"I've got nothing on finding information without being there. But I've got my own bike I could use to get there so we don't have to be all in one car." she says nodding softly. "Should we go with the intent to apprehend everyone? Or should I use better bullets?"

Taqukaq
2017-09-26, 12:54 PM
{Luckily little rabit, i have non-lethal magic i can use in dealing with these gang members. More importazntly, leaders. The members arent as important, the sheep never are. Still we should take what we can get.I will keep my mind net open whilst i fly above you all and give you a magical birds eye view. }

Volthawk
2017-09-26, 01:37 PM
After finishing his mapping, Hound looks back at the group. "OK, I've mapped out the incidents and I have an idea where this is coming from. The...Bargain Basement district, apparently. Well, it's the rough point of origin, anyway. Can't be more precise than that with what I've got here, but it's a start."

fibericon
2017-09-26, 02:02 PM
Sukeban pouts at her commlink, still waiting for a response. "I don't have anything yet. Maybe later when I get a reply. But I also don't really have a way to take anyone down without killing them. I'm thinking we cut up the mooks and ask their bosses real nicely."

Lionheart
2017-09-26, 03:13 PM
Bells nods, "This is all good stuff. Right, here's what I think we should do:
- Set up a meet with the Scalpels, see what they know about what's going on in the area, could be they give us some better information on who are targets are
- Head down to the Bargain Basement district, those of us who can can do some legwork, see what we can overhear/see/record.
- If we still need more information after that, snatch a ganger off a corner there; someone who looks like they know what's going down. Pile them back into Hound's van, and get the lowdown the old fashioned way.

Sound good?"

Taqukaq
2017-09-26, 03:34 PM
A well made plan its our best bet, i agree.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-27, 05:07 PM
Sup peeps, I'm back. I am ready to move forward when you are.

Taqukaq
2017-09-27, 05:54 PM
I'm ready to move! Lets rock. Biiiiiirrrddd Maaaaannn!!!

fibericon
2017-09-27, 10:49 PM
Sukeban's commlink lights up, and so does her face. A moment later, her expression turns into a grimace, and she swears in Japanese under her breath. She puts her comm away and stands up.

"It looks like the weapons were bought off the black market. Large purchase, all kinds of grenades and bullets. That probably means there wouldn't be a military surplus robbery. One more thing, though - they have a technomancer among them. It's just the one, but still. I think Bells still has the best plan. We ready to move?"

Triskavanski
2017-09-27, 11:04 PM
"Well technomancers can't do much if they've got thier brains splatter mattered on the plaster. But.. we probally don't want to do that. Anyone know anything about them besides their ability to turn anything into a bomb and know where you keep your porn?" Lollipop asks, clearly not knowing how they work beyond that making them dead works all the time to stop technomancers.

Lionheart
2017-09-28, 01:34 AM
"Ok, looks like we're ready to go, I'll get Mickey to set up the meet on the way there. I don't know anything about technomancers, but it sounds like this one might be a high level player. I suggest we stick them full of volts, and take their unconscious body back to the Johnson to deal with.

The fact that someone's bought those weapons though, that smells like someone higher up the chain wants a gang war..."

I'm ready to exit this scene as well if everybody else is. I guess everyone's happy with my plan?
I'm happy to take other suggestions? But I think as it stands we're on our way to meet the Scalpels and make some friends :smalltongue:

Volthawk
2017-09-28, 04:12 AM
Hound nods, taking off his gloves and returning his full attention to the real world. "Yeah, your plan works, Bells. I have nothing more to add. Can't say I've had much experience with technomancers, never had to deal with one. Worrying, though, given my expertise."

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-28, 12:38 PM
Just to confirm, is everyone intending to go talk with the Scalpels? If so, I can get this thing moving.

fibericon
2017-09-28, 12:57 PM
I think that's the plan.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-28, 03:11 PM
With a plan settled upon, you all perform your assorted tasks. Calls are made, and gear is collected and prepped. After half an hour, Bells will receive another call from Mickey, saying that the Scalpels have agreed to a meetup. With preparations made and the details at hand, everyone grabs their wheels and heads off into Redmond.

Everyone has 2 hours, in-game, to collect equipment and such. I highly doubt people brought all their heavy gear to the meet with Ms. Johnson.

2337 hrs, Redmond

Over the hour long drive, you travel through no less than three different worlds. The familiar cityscape of downtown Seattle gives way to the polished gleam Bellevue, to the air of danger and sleaze that is Touristville. While already dilapidated, the grime and disrepair grows two-fold on entering Redmond proper. The many streetlights have long since been shot out, the only thing lighting the streets being the headlights of your vehicles. The road itself is littered with potholes, some from the daily grind, some from surplus ordinance. As treacherous as the roads may be, however, you're all either skilled or maneuverable enough to get by.

Eventually, you pull up to the address that Mickey supplied, and the full weight of the area settles upon you as engines are killed. The sound of intermittent gunfire and guttering fire fills the side-street with unease, and you all have the distinct feeling of being watched by many sets of eyes. The clinic itself is a 3 storey affair, the glass windows long since eschewed for balistic drapery or plascrete barricades.

Actions, people.

Lionheart
2017-09-28, 03:29 PM
In the two hours Bells will have returned to her home and swapped out her civvy clothes for her Chameleon suit, making sure that her pistol, taser and mono-whip are all in easy reach, as well as donning her gecko gloves.

Bells climbs out of Hound's van, looking up nervously at the imposing clinic. Mickey had never let her down before, and he didn't have a reason to this time, not that she could think of. Still, it didn't pay to not be careful. She kept one hand on the handle of her concealed weapon as she approached the building.

Are there any cameras/comms on the door? If there are, Bells will push whichever button looks most like a buzzer. If not, she'll just knock.

Volthawk
2017-09-28, 04:03 PM
Hound didn't need much time for preparation - his truck was loaded with his equipment, and that was just around the corner. He took a little time adjusting his gear, getting things as he wanted with his drones - in particular, mounting the machine gun usually equipped on his modified delivery drone to the police drone he'd recently acquired (aerial firepower would be useful). Once he's done, he generally acts as a glorified taxi transporting any of the others without their own wheels. While there was a good amount of space up front, owing to him driving from his cocooon in the back freeing up the driver's seat, anyone who has to or chooses to go in the back finds it a little cramped, owing to all the space taken up by tools, parts and drones.

As they headed to the meeting, Hound was wary as he drove, leaving the manual controls and instead sitting inside his cocoon and driving through his rig. While his vehicle - a modified delivery truck - blended in just fine in the usual running spots, out here people don't get many deliveries so he felt a little conspicuous.

As they draw closer, he releases one of his Dobermans and his Stormcloud - the former equipped with stealth tech and directed to scale a building nearby, and the latter sent to drift up high appearing like a normal weather balloon. When they park up outside the building, he takes a minute or two to put them into a position where they can see the building and gets out, ordering them to watch for anyone approaching and alert him if anyone does so.

He then gets out, dressed in the same clothes - a jumpsuit and coat - although now he carries a toolbox rather than a briefcase. He hangs back, letting Bells make contact and do the talking.

Yeah, main thing prep-wise is removing the Ingram White Knight from the modified Chariot and putting it on the LEBD-1. Should only take four minutes according to Arsenal, and apparently without a check. Oh, and changing the housing for the Executive Predator to the toolbox, seems that'd be a little better here.

To confirm, as we get close I'm sending out the Stormcloud and the chameleon/sniper Doberman. Currently subscribing to them but at the moment letting them observe with their own brains. In terms of relevant stuff I have Clearsight 4 and Covert Ops 4 autosofts, and the Doberman has a chameleon surface and gecko tips to get up high and hide better, neither have any bonus sensors past the normal for their size/type.

Taqukaq
2017-09-28, 05:44 PM
Vengeful Eagle hitches a ride with hound. Going back to his place, it was a strange sight. An Eagle flew into a building and an old native american shaman walked out of the building towards hound. Knocked on the window and sat in the passenger seat.

Would rather not deal with random crackshots poking at a giant eagle.

When we arrived the first thing Vengeful eagle did was astrally percieve and regularly percieve for possible threats and discrepancies. Possibly even watcher spirits.

[Astral] [roll0] 2 hits

[Perception] [roll1] 3 hits

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-28, 10:50 PM
As recon drones, at Hound's command, begin to take up sentry positions, Bells will approach the clinic and begin pressing the door buzzer. A moment later, she is confronted by an aggresive male voice, who states, "Who the frag are you, and what's your biz, omae?"

fibericon
2017-09-28, 11:12 PM
Sukeban already has her gear. This was probably a mistake, but at least this time, it didn't cost her. She instead takes the time to thank Papa for his help while waiting for the others to gear up.

When Bells makes contact, she elects to hang back as well. Leaning toward Hound, she lowers her voice and says, "She gonna be alright going in solo? They could fire a lot of rounds in the time it takes us to get in there."

Lionheart
2017-09-29, 01:00 AM
I'm not much for talking my way out of situations, so if it goes wrong, I'm likely to be turning as invisible as I can and getting the frag out of dodge. If I am invited in, I would appreciate some muscle coming in with me...

Bells puts on her best charming schoolgirl voice as she replies to the voice, "Name's Bells. I'm a friend of Mickey's. He told me you aren't too happy with the drek going on around here. Thing is, nor are we, so I thought we should talk."

Volthawk
2017-09-29, 03:15 AM
Yeah, I wasn't planning on Bells going in alone, Hound's just letting her make contact. He does only have Cha 1 and a tiny bit of Etiquette for social, so yeah he's a guy who tries to avoid tense social situations.

Hound's looks over and nods. "Yes, she shouldn't go in there alone. I'm just letting her make contact without my interference. They might not like us all crowding the door, I guess. "

Taqukaq
2017-09-29, 06:54 AM
Vengeful Eagle reaches out with his mindlink once more as he walks up near Belle. Belle may not recognize him at first until everyone hears the familiar voice in their head. {They have a watcher spirit. Unfortunately that means they have a mage. Not sure if its these guys or if it's anotger gang. I can trace it ir snuff it out but ill have to project astrally. Thoughts? We are also being watched by several of the residents.}

Lionheart
2017-09-29, 07:21 AM
Bells nods at the eagle's words. "Good to know. Leave ot for now, they don't appear to be hostile. Not yet at any rate. Just be ready in case things get ugly."

fibericon
2017-09-29, 11:50 AM
Sukeban perks up at the prospect of things getting ugly, feeling a tingle of adrenaline already. Her fingers wiggle and twitch in the general direction of her katana handle, and a slight smirk graces her lips.

"I'm ready. Just let me stand in front if it goes south."

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-29, 12:43 PM
After a moment, the speaker crackles to life again, "Oh, it's you. Visitors aren't common 'round here, omae, and most of 'em don't care for 'please' and 'thank you'. Hold on." The door buzzes for a second, then the sound of a lock disengaging can be heard by Bells.

"You're early, but what the frag. Come on in, but watch yourselves."

Triskavanski
2017-09-29, 01:17 PM
Lollipop pulled in behind the rest of them on her little one wheeled bike as they pulled through the barrons. She didn't need to take too long herself, as she almost always had her gear with her. In her line of work, it was always best to have smaller weapon, except for the one larger pistol on her side, the rest were hidden about her body.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363167152754393088/363167184043900930/lollipopshoot.png

Lionheart
2017-09-29, 08:51 PM
Bells replies to the voice from the speaker, "Cheers omae." She then pushes the door open and walks in, as non-threateningly as she can.

Taqukaq
2017-09-29, 08:59 PM
Vengeful Eagle walks in behind Belle, using his staff as "support" though he doesnt need it. He keeps his eyes open and his astral eyes open as well, trying to spot things out of the ordinary but nostly just cursory clances. He watches for other mages.

fibericon
2017-09-30, 12:19 AM
Sukeban enters with the rest of the party, then stands a bit off to the side to not crowd herself in case she has to draw her weapon. A quick glance around the room while she lets others do the talking, at least for now, tells her if she needs to worry about anything in the immediate future.

Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/554355): 5d6t5 2

There's another perception roll I made but had to discard because I accidentally used 7 dice instead of 5.

Volthawk
2017-09-30, 05:20 AM
Hound pauses for a moment, checking in with his drones, before following the others in, toolbox in hand but otherwise unarmed.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-09-30, 12:54 PM
The five of you walk into the building one at a time, single file, and travel down the spartan hallway. In stark contrast to the world outside, this street clinic is practically kingly in how tidy it is, even if there is no shred of homeliness to be seen.

At the end of a short hallway is a large room, dominated by a large table that is itself surrounded by mismatched chairs. Three figures await you; two humans both seated at the table, and a troll who stands off and to the side. One of the two humans, an older man with a red cross patch sewn onto a red and and grey longcoat, addresses you, "So you're the guys asking around about the latest drek-disturbers. If you're aiming to bury the fraggers, we're more than willing to tell you what we know. But first, names. I don't much care for the 'hey you' style of conversation. I'm Dr. McKay, or Doc if you prefer. The lady to my right is Dr. Cooper, our resident paranatural practitioner. You saw some of her handiwork outside. And the big wall behind me is Gurney."

<PC introductions are made/not made>

Doc nods after introductions are made, and continues, "OK. I'll start from the beginning, give you as detailed a blow-by-blow as I can. Hold your questions until the end, please.

"About two weeks ago, the new guys roll up into Redmond. Near as we can tell, there's only two of them, but between drone support and some primo bang-bang, they were able to cow a small gang called the Twelve Cutters. They outfitted the Cutters, then started approaching the other local gangs and started pushing them into the turf wars you've been hearing about. At first it seemed like they were establishing a coalition or something between gangs, but then some of the mustered groups start duking it out with each other. We don't have anything definitive, but we think it's the component gangs undergoing a power struggle within the ranks.

"Of course, all this fighting has caused a lot of collateral damage. Our little operation has been taxed quite heavily, with no signs of this letting up. Nevermind that this makes life for us personally kinda hairy, given that we are an established gang, but the innocents getting hurt and killed is where we draw the line. As such, while it might go against my oath, I would be very appreciative if you killed the fragging slots behind this.

"Speaking of, we have a bit of intel for you on them. The first is a chromed up ork who breaks absolutely zero preconceptions of his kind. He's violent, brutish, impulsive, and shoots first while never asking questions. Given a predilection for up-close fighting, and a particular fondness for shotguns, we've been referring to him simply as 'Boomstick'.

"His partner in crime seems to be more the brains of the bunch, working the matrix angel as well as operating the drones they have. Don't know as much about him, so no snappy nickname or anything. Sorry.

"Do any of you have any questions? Something that you want cleared up or elaborated on?"

fibericon
2017-09-30, 02:09 PM
Sukeban introduces herself in brief, then listens carefully to what Doc has to say.

"I have it on good authority that there's a technomancer involved. I assume that's the brains of the bunch. Unfortunately, that's about all I know. But I'm a fan of following the money. Ideals, codes of honor, they all turn out to be drek in the end. Who profits from this?"

Lionheart
2017-10-01, 01:31 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding all, real life got in the way, as is it's wont.

Bells nods at Sukeban's words. "Sounds right to me. So from the sound of things, he's the one we want to bring in. Let's geek the ork though, he sounds like a whole pile of drek that I don't want to have to deal with.
Sounds like getting him from a distance is the way to go. Suki, you got a sniper rifle under those skirts?

Thanks doc for the info, rest assured that we'll be doing everything we can to slot these fraggers as soon as we can.
You happy for us to swing by here if things go south and we need some medical attention? We'll pay of course, but sometimes DocWagon aren't around when ya need them ya know?

Also, don't suppose you know whereabouts this 'Boomstick' hangs? If not, we've got a bit of legwork to do."

fibericon
2017-10-01, 01:59 PM
Sukeban chuckles at that. Grinning, she shakes her head.

"No sniper rifle. I'm more of an up close and personal fighter. I could probably get one, but I wouldn't be great with it. I'm at least okay with every gun, if it comes down to it." She nods over to Lollipop, "Might be more your thing. Got a solution or should I setup a meet with a seller?"

Volthawk
2017-10-01, 02:28 PM
When Hound heard the discussion of a sniper rifle, he nods. "I have one. It is usually used on one of my Dobermans, but removing it for one of our people to use won't be a problem. Alternatively, perhaps it would be better for it to stay on the drone - I can jump in and fire it pretty accurately, and it has the systems to climb walls and camouflage itself for a good hidden angle. This would also allow for our more direct fighters to get close and finish him off if the rifle fails - something that's worth planning for with that much cyberware. "

Taqukaq
2017-10-01, 03:13 PM
Vengeful Eagle nods, rubbing his beard. Luckily, big strong bastards usually have no defenses against manabolts. Could just melt his brain. Vengeful Eagle smiles.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-10-01, 10:16 PM
Looking directly at Sukeban, McKay says flatly, "Assuming the good ol' Hippocratic isn't legit enough for you, then how about a major shakeup like this being bad for a small gang? Most of the cred we make comes from us being a neutral party within the Redmond scene, and when someone comes in and tears down the established pecking order, that cash is right out the window."

"As for where you might be able to find, couldn't tell ya. I do have a lead for you, don't know how good it is though. A few days ago, another one of our members was handling a guy from the Hot Misfits, performing a cyberlimb tune-up. At a bar called the Soypop, they guy saw someone who seems to fit the description of Boomstick. Also, apparently he can drink enough booze to kill an elephant. Probably got a toxin extractor."

Lionheart
2017-10-02, 02:48 AM
"Soypop huh? Sounds like as good a place to start as any. Cheers doc, that's really useful.
Bells turns back to address the rest of the team. "What do you lot reckon, hit this guy straight away, or do a bit more legwork first? If we strike now, we might be able to stop their heaviest hitter before they get any idea that we're after them.
If that is the direction we want to go, I suggest Suki and I go into the bar to scope it out and follow when he leaves, then Hound's sniper drone hits him from the rooftops, Vengeful Eagle spits some fine or whatever your lot do, then Suki, Lollipop and I open up at closest quarters."

Volthawk
2017-10-02, 04:32 AM
As Bells sets out her plan, Hound seems distracted for a moment before speaking, in a more urgent tone than usual. "Problem. Drones are picking up a 12-man group approaching. Gangs by the look of it, a block away. Should I start firing with my sniper Doberman?"

fibericon
2017-10-02, 06:08 AM
Sukeban pushes her coat open and puts one hand on her katana, the other on her HK.

"Your drone will give us a good opportunity to flank them. One block doesn't give us much time, so we need to decide right now - are we digging in defensively or are we hitting them hard? My vote's to the latter - I'll dump a couple of full auto bursts from nearby cover and run in with my sword to clean up."

Taqukaq
2017-10-02, 06:49 AM
Vengeful Eagle grins and the prospect of human destruction. He regains composure and tilts his head, almost freakishly like a bird.

Combat magic is my...specialty. Ill start off detecting magic, finding any spirits and then destroying them. Then ill help attack whoever is left. If i see a technomancer or mage ill use nonlethal magic. If not then ill kill them.]

ZeroSpace9000
2017-10-02, 08:03 AM
Ugh, could've swore I posted this last night.

Looking directly at Sukeban, McKay says flatly, "Assuming the good ol' Hippocratic isn't legit enough for you, then how about a major shakeup like this being bad for a small gang? Most of the cred we make comes from us being a neutral party within the Redmond scene, and when someone comes in and tears down the established pecking order, that cash is right out the window."

"As for where you might be able to find, couldn't tell ya. I do have a lead for you, don't know how good it is though. A few days ago, another one of our members was handling a guy from the Hot Misfits, performing a cyberlimb tune-up. At a bar called the Soypop, they guy saw someone who seems to fit the description of Boomstick. Also, apparently he can drink enough booze to kill an elephant. Probably got a toxin extractor."

Volthawk
2017-10-02, 08:07 AM
You did post that, about ten hours ago now.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-10-02, 08:32 AM
Ignore post 104, powerful derping. Morning post, no coffee.

Lionheart
2017-10-02, 10:43 AM
Bells face pales at Hound's words. She turns to the Scalpels, "You expecting company doc? If not, we could use some support while we light them up."
Turning back to Hound, she advises caution, "Start with a warning shot, preferably so they don't see where it came from. I doubt they're here to talk, but if they are it wouldn't do to spread their brains on the pavement before they get a chance.

Suki, Lollipop, Vengeful Eagle, looks like you know what you're doing if it comes to it, and Hound, I trust you've got a handle on this. I'm going up to the roof, see if I can't loop around behind them and catch any that run."

If the docs aren't expecting more company, or if they are and it's the bad kind, Bells will nip upstairs and activate her chameleon suit, she'll then gecko glove/gymnastics her way across the roofs until she's behind the newcomers. She'll then drop to the ground with her taser in one hand, and her monowhip in the other, just in case.
Let me know if there's any problem with this and I'll revise my strategy.

Triskavanski
2017-10-02, 11:10 AM
I'll be working on a post later today. For the most part lollipop is pretty quite through all of this, watching and observing things. They are in redmond after all and things are likely to go down at the drop of a hat

Volthawk
2017-10-02, 04:44 PM
Hound nods. "If it becomes a firefight, I also have two drones equipped with machine guns I can deploy for heavier fire support. I can also remotely drive the van - although I'd rather not have to patch up too many bullet holes, if necessary it can play a role." He pauses. "It's also worth noting my sniper drone is equipped with high explosive rounds. The warning shot will be quite impressive." He looks over at the Scalpers. "If a firefight happens, I'll be spending most of my time with my drones, limiting my awareness of my surroundings. If any get into the building, can one of you get my attention?" He grabs his toolbox and removes the advanced SMG from the housing and setting it on a nearby surface. "If all else fails - if I'm disabled somehow - that's a more sophisticated weapon than most. It'll be useful if you have to defend here without me."

Taqukaq
2017-10-02, 05:04 PM
Vengeful Eagle shifts his head at Hound and frowns.

Im afraid that may violate their hipocratic oath. I don't expect the doctors to fight with us, that being said... if we get hurt, I could use help healing. Hound are you able to keep a drone near you to provide overwatch and security? I will keep my mind net open so if there are problems, simply call out. We will come. I will fulfill a primary role of scouting for magical threats and eliminatng them.

Once complete I will see if i can heal anyone. If that isnt necessary well then you guys will see eagle artillery. Haha. Healing will take precidence for me throughout. Does that work for you hound? If you want i can set up some additional armor for you. Though that may best be served with our up front fighters. Who would that be? Suki or Lollipop? Armor isnt as important for me if im injured....well... my kind heal...very quickly.

Vengeful Eagle takes in a deep breath... he feels like regardless of what happens, he may get a splitting headache. He touches all the foci around his neck and inwardly prays this endeavor does not harm him. He has before danced on the ice thin line of using too many foci. His will however is beyond what a human could posdibly achieve, so he will endure. He turns and faces the door positioning and readying himself. Once he obtains his answers he will begin casting his armor magic on who needs it and any other magical preperation.

is tilt a bad word? Seriously when i put in Tilts it blanks it out.

Wierd. It didnt do it this time.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-10-02, 08:20 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, people, but I'm not going to be able to continue this game. I've been doing some thinking, I've realized that I overestimated what I'm able to commit to right now. Apologies, but I'm stepping down. If you all want to keep this going by yourselves, that's more than fine.

Taqukaq
2017-10-02, 08:39 PM
Its all good man. Its perfectly understandable. Hope things get less hectic for ya.

Lionheart
2017-10-03, 02:26 AM
That's not a problem ZeroSpace9000, I think we all completely understand how it goes, and I for one would like to thank you for being up front and honest about it, and for providing a really great intro to a game. Thanks for your hard work, and hope things pan out for you.

Volthawk
2017-10-03, 05:03 AM
Yeah, no worries man, it happens. Thanks for the game we had so far, anyway.

ZeroSpace9000
2017-10-11, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys. For what it's worth, when thing calm down a little, I may take another stab at running something. With how strict the content guidelines are for the site, such a game would likely be hosted elsewhere, likely on Roll20. I'll send you all a message then.