PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon's Call IC

ShedShadow
2017-09-21, 07:39 AM
A Stormy Night

It was a dark night that hung over the lands of Barraar. A storm was brewing in the clouds and the roiling sky hid the stars that give light on normal nights and the moon, that bulwark in the night, was cowering behind the clouds for the storm that it saw coming. From the four regions, five champions had been called and chosen. On this night, black and as restless as pups sick with fever, the five champions set on their way to see what task Yoor, The Great Dragon, The Terror on The Mount, had called them to accomplish.

From the South, in the Salt Marshes, a swamp where the fog ever floated above the green waters and the trees blocked the sun, Sachi, the Iron Fang, had answered the call. Her father’s blessing received, she strode out into the night as she donned her cloak, covering her white semi-scales and putting the hood up. She knew that she might not return to see her family again. She realized that if the Dragon called, there must be something that threatened the balance of the Wilderness. Looking at the sky above as she stalked out of the light of the village, she knew that great danger lay ahead. As the lights faded behind her, she uttered a prayer of guidance divine upon her and death swift upon her enemies. Then she disappeared into the night. Gone in the dark; walking the void.

From the East came, at the foot of mount Shirr, Zithera, The Skysinger, exiting the shelter of Gokrak. Between the cliffs, the wind rarely raced like outside, but this night the wind cut to the bone, like sharp steel would cut flesh, embedding even beneath her thick feathers a layer of discomfort. Her expression grim, on a face that otherwise speaks of grace and ministers the same in song, she bit her lip in frustration. The harpy coven had been problems enough without her being called away to serve the Dragon. She realized, however, as she looked up at the clouds that ominously lingered in the sky, that whatever it was, it must be more trouble that a harpy coven. She stretched out her large feathery wings, and readied herself mentally for flying into the storm that would soon be upon her. The wind rose and picked up. She could almost feel the electricity in the air waiting to be released. With a mighty stroke, she shot up in the sky, leaving below her the hobgoblin village. As she rose above the cliff formation, the first drop of rain fell thick and wet on her forehead. Then the clouds burst.

From the West, from the Thickwoods, came the fearsome creature that crowned himself ‘The King of Beasts’, but ironically answered the summons of the one he called King. Running through the Thickwoods with mighty leaps, Fenris growled at the rain. He disliked being summoned. He hated being bound by things. This was the whole reason he had escaped. This was the reason why he came here. And yet even here, he was supposed to come at the beckon of this dragon-figure he had never even met. Notwithstanding the rain pounding on his black fur, he soon reached the foot of the mountain. He looked up, his twelve eyes on each of his three heads searching the expanse above. A flash of lightning lit up the skies as he looked on. Soon, the thunder followed; an echo that shook the ground, and some of the rocks that were too heavy to be washed away by the downpour were rolling down the slope. He would have a serious word with this dragon who had made him get out in this weather. From three mouths, a mighty roar issued, shaking the ground and challenging the skies to a battle of sounds. With that, he began his ascend of the mountain.

From the Northern Deserts, having long left the temple ruins where his children awaited, came Xae Yai, the Balance. As he sped over the vast desert below him, he headed for the mountain. Around him, the lightning crackled and struck whatever foliage there was, creating great showers of sand and rock where they hit and leaving little but smoldering sands and shards of glass. The great claps of thunder seemed to reach even into the void that he occupied. He was untouched by these things, yet he rather would not try to be hit by one of them. His tentacles of swirling energy loaded the air around him, positive and negative, the perfect balance for anti-gravity. Then, with a flash that seared his vision, he felt his energy bubble being penetrated and realized it was reaching for him. He reacted instantly, unknitting the energies that made him lest he should be unbound. Where his tendrils separated, like fibers of paper, to unbind his halves, the lightning followed. Like a magnet, it pulled the separate halves into it even as they tried to separate. For a second, his consciousness split, like he intended it to, but even as he separated, he was being put together again. Power raced through him, power and energy in its material form, heat and electricity and light. For that instant, his eyes widened, his mind expanded and encompassed the clouds, saw the individual grains of sand below him, saw how he was allowed to exist. Then, pain. Light and darkness fought. He fought to regain The Balance. With a pulse that seemed to freeze time, the silent darkness roared with light and then the desert swallowed him.

From below the Mount, from deep within its tunnels inhabited by kobolds, the Devourer wakened. The mountain shook, stonedust falling from the roof of the cave where he lay. He stretched out, his mighty wings opening and his tail finding its strength. From the entrance of the cave, a kobold entered, carrying several stone tablets in its short arms. It said something in a semi-shaky voice about it being time. The Devourer yawned, then stalked right past the tiny kobold that’s so short it barely reaches up to its knee joint, leaving the stone chamber and entering the stone maze. With a few short twist and turns, the wyvern reached the exit of the tunnel network. Outside the storm raged, lightning and thunder and water forming a concerto of natural fury. Into this he stepped, the water immediately cascading down its hard scales. He closed his eyes and blue wisps of smoky light formed around him, his scales thickening, his claws sharpening, his eyes glowing. Somewhere to the north, a ball of light lit up the night sky as the lightning struck. To the south, he heard a roar. With a mighty bellow of his own, equaling the other in cruelty and malice, the blue wisps faded and his mighty wings opened to lift him up into the air. He vanished into the thunder.

Each of you meet somewhere halfway up the mountainside. Slightly past the snow border, where a natural cove exists on the path continuing up, you arrive in this order:
1. Sachi
2. Zithera
3. Fenris
4. Maw
5. Xae Yai
The cove is a large crack into the side, 30ft. high and 30 ft. wide at the bottom. Inside it is a sort of spherical chamber with a small pool of still water, every so often disturbed by falling mineral water from the stalactites on the ceiling. The floor is slippery and the only light comes from the crack at the entrance and the glowmoss that grows in patches on the walls. Outside, the path is wide, uneven and littered with rocks both small and big.
When you meet it is morning, the fog is thick enough to blur vision beyond 20ft and there is an eerie calm after the storm. It is as if the mountain is still asleep.
In this order please say what you see, what you think, do etc. Describe yourself. When you arrive, describe the others you find there (as in, Fenris might think xae to look like a silly pudding (DISCLAIMER = this is just an example, I don’t think Fenris actually thinks Xae looks like a pudding)).

Emnis
2017-09-21, 09:20 AM
Sachi walks out of the void to see a large crack in the mountain. She enters and sees its unoccupied. She wonders if the harpy that she saw earlier was able to get through the storm. She had heard rumors of the large harpy known as Zithera. An excellent hunter who lived with Hobgoblins? or was it Goblins? She couldnt recall exactly.
The King had summoned not only her, but others aswell as was evident for her meeting the harpy earlier.
She wondered who else might show up and what the assignment was. Hopefully Eggbreaker was the first on the list for them to track down and purge from their ancestral land.
Not being bothered by the cold, due to the divine protection of the Orochi's Patron, She enters the cove as she knows all that are to meet the Dragon need to go through this passage. She goes to the side and sits down on the natural stone floor and starts her morning meditation and prayers.

When the others come into the cove they find (DC 29 spot check) a skinny snake like humanoid with four arms seated on the floor as if she is meditating (which she is). Her hair is long and the colour of white gold mixed with warm copper. Her scales are like that of an albino snake but with a hint of green. A faded blue shroud covers her like a short dress. Her 2 swords are next to her, but when others enter she just looks up and makes no hostile moves.

Hellfire014
2017-09-21, 10:37 AM
Zithera scowled. The storm raged on, the rain poured, and she noticed lightning in the distance. Soaked as she was, she couldn't afford to keep flying in this, Especially since she's now high up enough for it to freeze. She was quite thankful for meeting that Orochi earlier, who was apparently also summoned, that spell was most useful for keeping the biting cold at bay. The storm is beginning to die down, but she still needs a small rest. If memory serves, there was a small cave around here. Continuing her flight, but following the path instead of going up, she comes across the cave she was looking for. Entering the cave, she slowly flies in. Spotting a figure, she readies her bow, and sends a blast of air around her with her wings. The fog cleared for the moment, she sees the orochi that she met earlier. Stowing her bow, and landing, she greets her fellow 'summoned' and leans against the wall, waiting to dry a bit and for the storm to die down more.

Emnis
2017-09-21, 10:52 AM
"Greeting Zithera, i am Sachi, "Iron Fang" of the Matsu tribe to the South. Have you any idea wether we are the only ones summoned? I hope the blessing of my Patron was welcome? I myself hate this cold..."

Yasahiro
2017-09-21, 12:49 PM
Xae Yai

Time has passed since he awoke. Awoke filled with pain and a sense of wrongness. He wasn't duality, not the same way as he was before. Light and Dark, Positive and Negative were in conflict inside him, one had to dominate the other. It was different than before, he was weaker this way... Curse the Dragon, for bringing him here. Curse that lightning, for separating him... But perhaps, regular lightning should do that, then perhaps it was somebody's doing? Maybe Gods even, so afraid of his potential?

He needed to collect his thoughts, his eyes spied a crack in the mountain, and only now did he notice how the rain kept on going. Perhaps other champions that were summoned would have hid away from rain there, with their physical bodies? He flew through the wall, emerging on the inside. Everyone could see a black silhouette whose body below torso faded off. His torso held a sphere of light, with various tendrils of white light emerging from it like veins, reaching up to his shoulders before stopping. His eyes moved around his body, two of them located on the center light and another moving down the "veins", with the eyes being of black and red color, while the majority of his body held constantly shifting, yet usually remaining on his head, two spots of light.

"Fellow champions, I believe? I am Xae Yai, the Balance."

Emnis
2017-09-21, 01:42 PM
Sachi calmly opens one eye to observe the new arrival. At first she is shocked by this manifestation of what looks like a warped ancestral spirit, but her body doesnt show any signs of her discomfort. The Dragon had chosen him to also be a champion and he passed the test, so who was she to judge. "Welcome, the Balance? Have you met anyone else going up the mountain?" She askes while thinking that balance is a weird name for a constantly morphing creature of black and white.

Yasahiro
2017-09-21, 03:52 PM
Xae Yai

Xae's eyes focused on the speaker, almost as if seeing through her as his heart pulsed.

"No. I did not see anyone else. Have any of you gotten hurt or weakened by the weather?"

Rizhail
2017-09-21, 07:23 PM
The flapping of massive wings is heard outside the cove, followed by the thud of something large landing. A draconic head pokes in through the crack, a bleating mountain goat hanging in its jaws. Looking over the others who have taken shelter, the beast nods and throws back its head, swallowing the struggling goat in one gulp. As it enters the shelter of the cove, the abominable nature of the dragon becomes evident: two arms and a pair of wings behind its head, four legs and another set of wings on a segmented body beyond that. Though tall, the creature is strangely thin, almost like some amalgamation of dragon and stick insect. Only its gut stands out, movement visible in the dragon's expanded middle; it appears the unfortunate goat wasn't the only prey the beast took on its way up the mountain. Though most of the creature's scaly hide is a mottled green and brown, its facial scales are a dirty white, with two prominent extra jaws on the sides of its face, while the scales on its chest have a metallic, purple sheen.

Levering itself into the cove, Maw takes a drink from the pool, making no hostile motions toward the other inhabitants of the shelter. Though its short life had been focused on the invaders, Maw had still had opportunity to feed on natives of the realm; more than one harpy had been plucked from the sky, more than one hunting party from the swamps had disappeared into the night when the Maw was on the hunt. It knows they will be wary of it, but the beast is not foolish enough to attack them in its continuous hunger; such a strange assemblage meant they were likely summoned as well.

Though capable of speech, the Maw does not reply to the strange creature that makes its way into the cave after the dragon's own arrival. In its mind, the mortals should already know who, or more precisely what, Maw is; this new creature needs watching. After all, such things are rarely edible and often trouble.

Hellfire014
2017-09-21, 10:42 PM
"I am quite grateful for the spell you cast, it makes even this dank cave feel cozy. As for others, I'm afraid not; too much rain to see very clearly.

------------------------------------

What is that? the harpy thought. "I'm fine, just a bit wet. And I managed to find assistance and shelter before I acquired two more ways to cut glass." she joked.

------------------------------------

This... thing that just entered the cave, although not making any threatening movements, is most certainly an apex predator. Zithera calmly looks around to see if... nope, shes the one around with the most meat. And can't just ignore walls. Maybe if she's lucky she can fly out without taking too much damage?

Emnis
2017-09-22, 03:16 AM
Sensing the change of mood in Zithera with the arrival of what Sachi can only describe as an abberation and a large but clearly inteligent predator, she graciously stands up and walks over to the harpy and says in Goblin:
"Let's hope that we are not the only normal ones on this mission. If so, i will stand by you, should they turn out to be hostile."

Yasahiro
2017-09-22, 07:53 AM
Xae Yai

His eyes quickly moved around his body, taking in the appearance of the new... Champion creature, noting that it bore passing resemblance to the creature that was used to test him. It felt... unnatural. And yet, at this point, after encountering something similar to it, he didn't feel fear.

He spoke once more, in common.

"I doubt that, were to work together, we'd have any trouble with whatever The Dragon sets us out to do,
don't you all think so?"

Emnis
2017-09-22, 11:05 AM
Sachi looks at the energy being and says in common:

"It was rude of me to assume that everyone here speaks Goblin, for that you have my appologies.

I have trust in the judgement of the Great King and i don't see any reason for problems, as long as we can all get allong.

Judging a scroll by its case is a natural instinct we are all familiar with and to be honest it is the first time i have seen a creature such as yourself and our friend here that decided to bring a morning snack, so yeah, just a bit surprised is all. No hard feelings.

My name is Sachi, "Iron Fang" of the Matsu tribe to the south and I am here to heed the summons of the Great King and bring death to the invaders."

Valmark
2017-09-23, 04:10 AM
Fenris, The King of the Beasts

It was cold. There was rain. And no living thing within a mile. That stupid Dragon was going to answer for this, I told myself snarling at the air.
Finding a crack similar to a cave I decide to enter, maybe I could find some respite from the bothersome conditions outside?
Entering I saw two creatures, which immediately flared up my senses. Luckily they seemed peaceful so I just growled at them and went sitting somewhere at a few feets from them, balling up and keeping to myself.

I was already enough angry without having to deal with the other possibile Champions or whatever they were.

Emnis
2017-09-23, 04:37 AM
Sachi looked at the big three headed dog and the dragon like creature that both almost filled the cave together. She thought: well there goes any stealth approach. I should have brought a bow or two....

ShedShadow
2017-09-23, 10:16 AM
A sort of awkward silence hangs in the air in the cave. Some of you eyeing eachother uneasily, and the rain, wind and lightning outside does not help to improve the mood. After an hour of quiet in the cave, the only sounds being the dripping of water and the thunder from outside, the rain lessens. The storm is finished and some light can be seen creeping up from the northwest. Dawn must be upon you soon.

Within the space of minutes, it stops raining altogether and the pools of water outside turn into misty vapors that coldly cling to wherever they arose, almost like the puddles are trying to hold them there. A cold wind blows some of the mist into the cave, where it dissipates. Outside, the path is visible as it leads on, higher up the mountain. It is calling to you silently.

Stepping out of the cave, you can see the first rays of sun creeping over the desert in the north and the forests in the west, their elongated shadows making the woods seem like some strange green cloth with dips and rises that has been laid over the land. The path ahead is not very steep, but you are very high up already and within the space of half an hour of following it, you find yourself surrounded by mist. You passed the cloudline and the fog now obscures what you would have seen of the sune breaking over Barraar.

It takes several hours, even at your considerable speed of climbing, in order to reach the top. The way is sometimes flat, sometimes steep, with many parts where there is no such thing as road, or even the slightest indication anything living has ever reached there before. The air is becoming thinner. The grey blueish rock of the mountain is covered in snow. There are boulders that you could swear have faces that are sitting on pedestals, and other lie, broken and crumpled on the path or on the side of it.

You reach past the thick clouds and can see the top, waiting there for you to come. It looks like a giant spire from where you stand, with a path circling around it in order to reach its summit. Several long columns of stone are erected around it. You press on, and in time, the path widens to a good 30ft. and leads up a ramp which gives entrance to the plateau. You can now see that atop the stone columns large gargoyles sit, some looking more like goats with wings, others a twisted combination of bird and drake, and others still that look like fish mixed with eagles. In the very center of the large circle, something that looks like a harpy, but more bird than harpy, without wings is sitting croslegged. Behind him, the sun is just reaching over the clouds, casting a long shadow your way, and making you frown in order to see.

He looks rather slender, not fat but barely any muscle either. Its red feathers cover him, it looks like a male, each with a tuft of yellow orange at the end. He has large fannings of feathers on the side of his head. Dark shadows lie over its face, obscuring its face, but it almost looks like he has a beak rather than a mouth. Beside it lie, on the right, a shield and, on the left, a sword. Once you have all come onto the plateau. He opens his eyes, they glow red with fire.

"So it seems all five of you have come. The dragon will not come. He has deemed you unworthy of his presence, so you are going to have to deal with me. Frankly, I find it insulting he would trust a bunch of failures to be his champions. I would do it better. You might think otherwise, but I know I could beat each of you. You know what, why don't we settle that argument once and for all? I'll beat all of you at the same time."

With that, he stands up, picking up his sword and shield in one fluid motion. He rises from his croslegged sit and you realize that he is not small, but rather quite far away. And he is not so slim either, you now being able to see the contours of his shoulders and the broadth of his arms, each a tree trunk in their own right.

"You go first."

Emnis
2017-09-23, 02:51 PM
Sachi delays and waits for the rest to act. If nobody acts (unlikely with Maw and Fenris) she will attack, but otherwise she will act last, but before the pompous bird without wings.

Yasahiro
2017-09-24, 11:48 PM
Xae Yai

Xae let his eyes narrow themselves into slits of light, before he launched himself towards his opponent, rushing as fast as he could, his tentacles trailing past him before he spun around at the end, trying to hit the birdman with one of his tentacles, then following up with another, at the very limit of the distance he could reach at.

Full Round: Charge + attack
Standard Action: Attack

15 feet reach, Ranged touch

Charge attack [roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Standard Attack [roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

If both hit then rend:
[roll6]

ShedShadow
2017-09-25, 04:17 PM
The hawk-like figure, notwithstanding his bulk, moves nimbly, but the two tentacles are faster than he can dodge. Both tentacles lash out and singe the feathers where they strike, and the current that goes through them shakes him visibly. He recoils, stumbles, but swiftly finds his balance and readies for the next attack.

Valmark
2017-09-26, 07:18 AM
"...NOW I'M PISSED! I scream, charging the retarded birdie, jaw open.
The dragon deemed us unworthy? Hardly the case. This was another test, I'm sure of it. Perhaps to check our teamwork...?
Bad luck for the flier then. Wolves hunt in packs.

CHAAAAAAARGE!

[roll0]

Damage of the bite [roll1]

Rizhail
2017-09-27, 07:26 AM
Maw doesn't say a word, having decided that the feathered fool doesn't deserve comment. Untold centuries of service from its progenitor and loyalty from Maw from the moment it was born would not be insulted by prey.

The abomination exploded into action, covering the distance to the impertinent avian in the blink of an eye, jaws wide open and descending.

Maw uses dread carapace to boost land speed and charges the distance, making a bite attack.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Grapple if the bite hits: [roll2]

ShedShadow
2017-09-27, 11:20 AM
Recovered from the zap, the hawk-figure notices just in time that a three-headed hound and a wyvern are both aiming for him, and rapidly closing in. He barely manages to flick his head away from the dog-teeth, but they instead grab his shoulder, biting down hard. The hound, however, finds the skin to be very resilient and barely manages to nick him. While the one head bites down and the other two show surprise and anger, the wyvern tries to close his maw around the left arm of the hawk-figure. With little effort, the figure pushes his shield in between the teeth and his arm, not at all seeming bothered by the attempt to tear his flesh off while he was still alive.

He smiles.

"Did your mother never tell you to not underestimate your opponent?"

He laughs, a shrill, harsh laugh and says,

"Too bad it is too late to learn for you now..."

Hellfire014
2017-09-27, 12:25 PM
From the moment her tentacled teammate rushed forward, Zithera leaps forward, above the action. In that time, both the dragon and the cerberus have the bird-man's arms occupied, so Zithera takes this chance, and looses several arrows at him.

Fly to just inside point blank range, while still being 10' away horizontally.
Manyshot
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
........... [roll2]

Emnis
2017-09-27, 03:22 PM
Sachi hisses and you can see that a greenish sheen in the form of a serpent head covers her own head and fists, as if she is now a five headed hydra. Then she disappears into a whisp of mist and suddenly appears behind the bird creature. She uses the fact that both The dog and dragon are holding and distracting the creature to strike.

She uses a swift action to activate strength devotion so she now penetrates DR magic, silver and adamantine.
To hit
Punch 1[roll0]
Punch 2[roll1]
Punch 3[roll2]
Punch 4[roll3]
Punch 1[roll4]
Slam [roll5]
Add +2 if flanking

Damage
Punch 1[roll6]
Punch 2[roll7]
Punch 3[roll8]
Punch 4[roll9]
Punch 1[roll10]
Slam[roll11]

If flanked and sneakattackable add
Punch 1[roll12]
Punch 2[roll13]
Punch 3[roll14]
Punch 4[roll15]
Punch 1[roll16]
Slam [roll17]

ShedShadow
2017-09-28, 03:58 AM
While the figure is fending off the giant hound and working on keeping the wyvern's teeth at bay, two arrows fly through the air in order to strike him. You're not quite sure how it happens, but he somehow manages to catch one of the arrow with his shield although the other does strike him, but breaks on his skin with a loud snap.

At the same time that the arrow breaks on his chest, the snakelady appears behind him and lands a punch on the back of his neck, the effect thereof evidenced in a loud crack, and a jerk of the hawkfigure in order to accomodate this fifth oppenent, not coming from the front. He does so, however, very well and manages to deflect the rest of the blows she aims at him.

"Well, my turn now. Time to end this joke."

With that, the blade he bears starts to glow red and orange along cracked lines. It reminds you of a volcano of sorts. The hound, however, has little time to wonder about the looks of the blade because it is about to stab him in the chest.

Attack rolls
Blade [roll0]
Blade [roll1]
Peck [roll2]
Slam [roll3]

Damage
Blade [roll4]+[roll5]fire
Blade [roll6]+[roll7]fire
Peck [roll8]
Slam [roll9]

As if a mountain was coming down, the blade strikes once, twice, embedding itself deep in your skin, slightly burning the fur where it hit. He opens his beak, strangely lined with teeth, to bite you, but he misses, and then uses the shoulder you bit in to ram you in your left throath, just for good measure. A cruel smirk on his face says he obviously is enjoying it.

He then twirls around, and his feathers catch fire. A burning heat emanates from him.

"Come get me now" he says with way more satisfaction than you find comfortable.

He activated his fire cloak ability. For every melee attack you land on him, you take 4d6 fire damage. Reflex DC 20 negates. Creatures with exceptional reach weapon (as longspear) are not effected.

Yasahiro
2017-09-28, 06:42 PM
Xae Yai (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1325879)
4 RHD/Rogue 2 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 29 | Temporary HP: 5

"And get you we will..." Xae said, as he let himself glide around the birdman, using the fact that the distance that separated them could have been only traversed by his own tentacles, which he used to strike at him with all four once he got to his new location, behind the birdman, so as to better flank him with the big companions.

Was 15 feet away from him, tried to circle somewhat to behind him, provoking no AoOs as I doubt he has 15 feet reach. Speaking of which, you did say creatures with exceptional reach weapon don't get the fire damage, so I believe I qualify?

QUICKNESS Move Action - Move behind him
Full attack - 4 tentacles

Attack Roll T1 [roll0]
Damage Roll T1 [roll1] + [roll2]
Flanking, so Sneak Attack [roll3]

Attack Roll T2 [roll4]
Damage Roll T2 [roll5] + [roll6]
Flanking, so Sneak Attack [roll7]

Attack Roll T3 [roll8]
Damage Roll T3 [roll9] + [roll10]
Flanking, so Sneak Attack [roll11]

Attack Roll T4 [roll12]
Damage Roll T4 [roll13] + [roll14]
Flanking, so Sneak Attack [roll15]

Rends for if tentacles hit:
Rend 1 [roll16]
Rend 2 [roll17]

Valmark
2017-09-29, 09:40 AM
My eyes flared with rage, while one head looked at the snake guy who apparently was good st using openings.
Let's give me one, shall we?
"HA! Never found a bird who willingly roasted himself!" I scream, biting down hard on him.

Single bite attack!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Reflex [roll2]
[roll3]

I make sure to be flanking with Enmis

Rizhail
2017-09-29, 12:16 PM
Annoyed that it had shaped itself to withstand the cold and storms, not flames, Maw attempts to snap up the bird thing yet again. This was not the first creature with such defenses that Maw had attempted to devour, and it tries to maneuver its jaws around the swirling flames, hoping to grab the bird somewhere slightly less painful. But even if it gets a mouthful of fire, Maw won't care; its wounds will heal off its prey's soul, once the bird has been devoured.

Bite attack!

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]
Grapple if the attack hits: [roll2]

Reflex to avoid fire damage for biting: [roll3]
Fire damage: [roll4]

Hellfire014
2017-10-02, 11:50 AM
Zithera glares at the lone opponent. Taking a quick look around, she says, "Guys, if you've heard of me before, then I want you to think of why I annoy half of the hunters in my village." While she conveys her message, she keeps firing.

Bluff [roll0] to convey secret message. DC15 for basic, DC20 for complex/new information.
I'm a harpy, and I must sing! Cover your ears, and grab his arms, in case he realizes it too.

Full Attack
Attack [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Attack [roll3]

Damage [roll4] slash&pierce
Damage [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Emnis
2017-10-02, 12:26 PM
Sachi looks at the harpy and knows what she needs to do

[roll0]

Then her gaze shifts back to the birdman. Being occupied by Maw’s teeth and unable to defend himself she strikes viciously at the creature. But seeing as they are here to answer the dragons call and not to kill one of its emisaries that is here to test them (or a bit pridefull that he thinks hecan take on 5 chosen) she decides to make all her attacks non-lethal.

To hit
Punch 1[roll1]
Punch 2[roll2]
Punch 3[roll3]
Punch 4[roll4]
Punch 1[roll5]
Slam [roll6]
Add +2 if flanking

Damage
Punch 1[roll7]
Punch 2[roll8]
Punch 3[roll9]
Punch 4[roll10]
Punch 1[roll11]
Slam[roll12]

If flanked and sneakattackable add
Punch 1[roll13]
Punch 2[roll14]
Punch 3[roll15]
Punch 4[roll16]
Punch 1[roll17]
Slam [roll18]

Reflex saves if hit.
Punch 1[roll19]
Punch 2[roll20]
Punch 3[roll21]
Punch 4[roll22]
Punch 1[roll23]
Slam [roll24]

At Maw she hisses:
“I thinkss that it would be unwizz to eat the birdman

Emnis
2017-10-02, 12:32 PM
Fire damage if hit
Punch 1[roll0]
Punch 2[roll1]

Sachi hisses as her fists are burned by the cloak.

ShedShadow
2017-10-05, 02:50 AM
A volley of arrows from above, waves of energy from the side, teeth from around and fists from everyone were a bit more than the birdman had anticipated. By the time the third arrow strikes his chest, right after the teeth grab hold of him, he goes limp. The fire smoulders on a bit longer, and the biters and kickers still felt the heat, but within seconds, the heat subsides and the air turns cool again, the icy wind again biting at your skin/fur/feathers.

The birdman's shield falls on the ground, two arrows being clutched by it, letting go of them only when the birdman lets go of the shield. It is made of some light wood, rather generic, but the red feathers that are on top of it are rather odd, somehow seeming to move in a direction they themselves desire rather than just ruffling with the wind. The blade he was holding has also stopped glowing, and now looks like some kind of volcanic rock.

As for the man himself, he hangs rather limply in the mouth of the wyvern.

You notice now, since he is no longer wildly moving, that the feathers on his body are fitted on some kind of skin-tight cloak that enwraps his arms and chest and legs. You feel like you can take it off him.

You had seen the gargoyles as they were, but you notice that the gargoyles have moved, and they have been watching the spectacle. Each of them have their arms outstretched towards the center of the plateau, and as they do, silently and slowly the floor begins to sink into a large flight of stairs that circle down. If you try, the stairs leads downward for at least a mile or so.

Emnis
2017-10-05, 05:23 AM
Seeing that the birdman is already in the jaws of Maw and knowing his reputation for eating his victims to regenerate she tries to propose a deal.
“I will heal your burnsss if you dont devour the birdman. Killing him is not part of the tesssst.”

Valmark
2017-10-05, 06:03 AM
"Isn't it already dead thought?" I ask him, observing the birdie.
"They usually move... Or at least groan...
You should let him, otherwise he might go hungry and we'll have to kill another of us..."

Emnis
2017-10-05, 08:23 AM
Spotting that the creature is indeed not breathing anymore and dropped its gear on the ground (take 10 on spot check due to not in combat for 27 spot) she shruggs her shoulders and says:
“Fine, eat the pompous windbag.”
She pickes up the items and askes in general:
“Is anyone else familiar in the ways of magic as to be able to identify items? Also i can provide healing for those that need it, but mind you i am limited to your contribution of goods.”

Valmark
2017-10-05, 09:25 AM
"I'll be glad to take you up on that offer, as for the items... don't look at me. The most I can do is bite them" I say, my lateral heads laughing in a twisted way, since they are not exactly made for it.

Hellfire014
2017-10-05, 09:50 AM
Seeing as the birdman went still, and the others relaxed, Zithera let herself unwind a bit, and slowly limped towards the group. Hearing Sachi speak, she declined healing. "I'm untouched. I have a friend who's good with magic items, but I have no ability there, no.

Looking around, she notices that the landscape has changed. Seeing the stairs, she asks, "Do you think we go down here next?"

since we're out of combat, I take 10 on my Spot/Listen checks, for 23 each.
Are the stairs surrounding a pillar, or a hole?

Emnis
2017-10-05, 11:07 AM
Sachi walks up to Fenris and examines the wound that the birdman inflicted on him and says:
“Thisss might take awhile to heal properly...” she takes out her shortsword and hisses shortly. The blade turns a vibrant green and she carefully touches the wound with it.

Yasahiro
2017-10-05, 05:02 PM
4 RHD/Rogue 2 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 29 | Temporary HP: 10

He just took a look at the birdman's body, noticing the oddities of the items he was carrying and using... Before letting his gaze move towards the stairs. However, he lifted his head back towards others upon hearing talk about 'healing lasting some time'.

"Please... Allow me" Xae Yai said, as he flew into the air, separating into two balls of energy with tentacles coming out of them, but they immediately recombined, except this time Xae Yai's colors seemed to be reversed, a white silhouette with black eyes, heart and veins.

"It will only take a few moments..." Xae's words hung in the air as his tentacles began to lay upon the Maw, healing him of the damages he has taken.

First off, taking 10 at spot check for 22.

Second, I can heal with my tentacles multiple times per round, once for each tentacle, and even if I roll badly I will repeat that, so since I'm not in combat let's just assume I healed him fully, okay?

Rizhail
2017-10-05, 06:27 PM
Maw shakes the prey in its mouth a bit; realizing the foe isn't moving, the dragon casually drops the corpse. It nudges the strange thing, and once sure he's dead, promptly ignores it.

"My thanks," Maw murmurs as Xae Yi heals it, speaking for the first time since encountering the other champions. The drake's voice is deep and slightly raspy. Maw looks over the fallen foe's equipment before moving on without another word, stretching and popping his half-dozen lower jaw segments back into place with a mighty yawn.

Approaching the new entrance into the mountain, Maw looks back at the others, patiently waiting for them to be ready before heading down.

ShedShadow
2017-10-06, 01:49 AM
Seeing as the birdman went still, and the others relaxed, Zithera let herself unwind a bit, and slowly limped towards the group. Hearing Sachi speak, she declined healing. "I'm untouched. I have a friend who's good with magic items, but I have no ability there, no.

Looking around, she notices that the landscape has changed. Seeing the stairs, she asks, "Do you think we go down here next?"

since we're out of combat, I take 10 on my Spot/Listen checks, for 23 each.
Are the stairs surrounding a pillar, or a hole?

The stairs surround a hole, something deep red lies at the bottom, although you are to far away to see what (though an educated guess will tell you).

He just took a look at the birdman's body, noticing the oddities of the items he was carrying and using... Before letting his gaze move towards the stairs. However, he lifted his head back towards others upon hearing talk about 'healing lasting some time'.

"Please... Allow me" Xae Yai said, as he flew into the air, separating into two balls of energy with tentacles coming out of them, but they immediately recombined, except this time Xae Yai's colors seemed to be reversed, a white silhouette with black eyes, heart and veins.

"It will only take a few moments..." Xae's words hung in the air as his tentacles began to lay upon the Maw, healing him of the damages he has taken.

First off, taking 10 at spot check for 22.

Second, I can heal with my tentacles multiple times per round, once for each tentacle, and even if I roll badly I will repeat that, so since I'm not in combat let's just assume I healed him fully, okay?
Agreed on the healing.

The wounds on Fenris' skin heal almost immediately as Xae Yai lays its tentacles on you, an oddly soothing experience, though too uncomfortable to be enjoyable, and a very strange sight to behold. His flesh knits back together, and the burned fur uncurls and restores itself, the smell of molten hair dissipating in the wind. A low rumble comes from down the stairs, and Maw notices that the red at the bottom flared a bright yellow/orange for just a second there. It almost feels like the mountain is calling you downward.

Valmark
2017-10-09, 07:01 AM
I go next to Maw, looking down the stairs.
"So? What are we waiting for?" I say, starting the descent.

Don't have access to sheet, my rolls SHOULD be:

Spot: [roll0]

Listen: [roll1]

Emnis
2017-10-09, 09:14 AM
Sachi dons the new robe by putting it on her shoulders. It attaches itself like a second skin to her and she looks admiringly at her new plumage. As she spreads her arms the feathers look like wings and she gets an idea.
She runs over to where Maw is standing and jumps into the middle of the hole, free falling past Fenris toward the reddish glow in the center...

Hellfire014
2017-10-09, 12:19 PM
Zithera grabs the wooden shield, and starts heading towards the hole. It would be a little unconventional using it with her longbow but doing things a little differently can be fun. And its not like she wears enough to complain about the extra defense.

Looking over the edge, she considers diving down, but discards the idea. They don't know whats down there, and going in alone could be suicide. Still, it looks like a very deep pit, and Zithera isn't going to walk it. She walks over the edge, hops off, and begins to hover down.

Seeing the snake lady, now snake-bird lady just jump down, she reconsiders, and goes into a dive after her.

Emnis
2017-10-09, 01:02 PM
Seeing she goes quite fast Sachi tries to slow her decent by flapping her feathery arms. Realizing it didnt give her the ability of flight she calls out to Zithera:
“Well this is unexpected... feathers but no flight!!!”
She teleports to the side onto the stairs, tumbles and continues to voidwalk down together with Zithera.

Valmark
2017-10-09, 01:07 PM
I look at the scene laughing.
"Please, lady of the snakes, avoid meeting the floor at such high of a speed, it could ruin your skin"

He's really a gentleman, deep down. When not grumpy. Or hungry. Which is... 90% of the time.

Yasahiro
2017-10-09, 10:36 PM

Simply hovered down the hole in middle of staircase, as if it was no trouble for him. And it wasn't.

Genuinely thought I replied, sorry guys

Emnis
2017-10-11, 02:53 PM
Sachi gets to the bottom of the stairs first. The heat down there was quite oppressive, despite the protection of her patron. She looks around waiting for the others. Zithera swoops in, followed by Fenris and Xae Yai. Maw walks down the stairs at its own leisurely pace.
Sachi looks around.

I have a spot and listen of 27

ShedShadow
2017-10-12, 07:27 AM
At the bottom of the staircase, which is really long (that 1 mile estimate was not exaggerated), you find yourself in a cave spanning several yew trees in height and deep enough to hold an army. The part that you are standing on is a small island of rock in a lake of lava. The heat presses on you, but you manage. Every now and again a bubble of hot magma will well up, but mostly it is quiet.

Something under the magma seems to be stirring, like a giant fish swimming in a pond. It moves slowly, circling around the island.

Yasahiro
2017-10-26, 07:01 PM

All he did was hover over the rock, letting his eyes take in the scenery. He could feel the incredible heat here, as well as what was swimming in the lava.

"I take it that the thing in lava is our next challenge?"

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I THOUGHT WE WERE WAITING FOR SOMEONE.

Valmark
2017-10-27, 02:36 AM
I look at the pool of lava.
"Either that, or this is the dragon bathroom..." I tell Xae.
"SHOW YOURSELF, BEAST LURKING IN THE LAVA!" I howl, ready to fight.

Emnis
2017-10-29, 06:39 AM
Sachi looks at the creature swimming in the lava. It would be impossible to fight unless it came out of the molten stone sludge. The possibility of being snatched and pulled under does not look appealing at all, so she readies herself for an attack.

Rizhail
2017-10-29, 06:35 PM
Maw calmly watches the slowly circling creature in the lava. Though the abomination sincerely hopes this is not another test and the Dragon will soon be making an appearance, Maw has the feeling things will not be that easy.

Hellfire014
2017-10-30, 07:43 AM
Zithera remains in the air, her bow and newly acquired shield readied, in case the thing under the magma's surface is hostile. While there is plenty of room for flight, she does not like this place.