PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Ideas, looking for advice. DM Help

SMac8988
2017-09-21, 11:20 AM
Hello again everyone. Luckers and Posters alike, DMS and Players, I am looking for some advice, and possible suggestions.

Recently I have had a few players from one of my large games ask to start a smaller more intimate group. So I started working on an idea and allowed them to make whatever they wanted for characters. They came back to me with a set of triplet children, I believe 8 years old, Asamair; all from the linage of Maloria. I have been running with that as the big thing pulling the story along is their linage and them needing to be brought away to a temple for training and what not.

Now they are coming up on when i wanted their training to end, hitting level 3 and I want to get into a good story line to help drive them along. For classes we are working with a Paladin; aiming sorcadn with Ancients and Phonix Sorc, a Moon Driud, and a Barbarian; whom is running a homebrew he found to ride dinosaurs. They are playing these young characters very over the top, and loving it which makes it a ton of fun to DM so I want to give them a good story.

What I was thinking is having them each represent one of the seasons, and start with hints of that with some magic items gifted to them. From their have them learn about people opening rifts to the elemental planes and it leaking in and disrupting the natural world. Give them a few missions of closing these gates, and a few levels and boss fights and have them learn its the last "Season" whom is trying to bring the world to elemental chaos, believing that is the true "Natural Order".

I was wondering if that seems like a good long term hook? An if anyone has any suggestions for how to drive home the Seasons idea to them. I was thinking even giving them like a small buff if the story is taking place during their season. Like if its summer they may get to add a d4 of fire damage or cold resistance. I think my players would like the Seasons idea, and once they put it together they will start to wonder about the 4th person.

Personalities I think is there I would want to base it. The Druid is very bubbly and optimistic; so I would figure Spring. The Barbarian is, well off, he thinks he is a dinosaur and is kinda slow; I considered Fall but can't say for sure. The Paladin is arrogant, loud, and thinks he is the best. Summer kind fits him. I feel Winter is just a very obvious villain but I guess that would be okay.

So PLEASE HELP!!!!!