PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed.

Spacehamster
2017-09-21, 12:36 PM
Ranged skillmonkey with some spells, half elf with starting stats 8/16/16/8/10/16.

Levels would in the end be 6 Fighter, 4 assassin, 10 lore bard.
What I wanted advice for were what magical secrets to pick from lore bard, mostly buff/utility spells I think cause will leave CHA at 16. Thinking at least haste at level 6 magical secrets, and swift quiver and maybe banishing smite as level 10 secrets?

The1exile
2017-09-21, 12:47 PM
I really like Aura of Vitality as a level 3 spell for magical secrets. Average of 70hp healing over the course of a minute that can be doled out more or less as you like. Not as good in combat as it interferes with any other bonus actions and concentration but still solid.

holywhippet
2017-09-23, 04:47 AM
It kind of depends what you are facing in your campaign but I will be in the exact same situation in a few sessions (depends how long the rest of the party spends faffing around town) and I am looking at counterspell and conjure animals. Aura of vitality looks good, but our party has two clerics and myself to provide healing so it isn't essential. Haste looks interesting, but it only works on one ally and requires concentration also.

TheUser
2017-09-23, 04:52 AM
Do you want suggestions on the build or just lore bard magical secrets?

Chugger
2017-09-23, 04:56 AM
Aura of Vit is amazing - even better w/ a 1 dip in Life Cleric.

Hunger of Hadar is great crowd control. Do you want to blast - fireball is good.

There are some first level spells that bards talk about stealing - even bless.