PDA

View Full Version : Level 5 character ideas

THEWARDEN81
2017-09-21, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone! Looking for a lvl 5 character idea for a 3 day one off. Multiclassing is good. I have been a pure fighter forever and want to change things up abit.
Thanks

ve4grm
2017-09-21, 02:11 PM
Do you intend to level up at all during those 3 days?

Now, there's only so much customization that you can implement by level 5, but if you've mostly just played straight fighters you can easily have a new experience.

I recommend diving into Psionics. Ardent is crazy fun, and Battlemind is a blast as well, if you feel like still being a defender.

If you want to mix things up a lot, you could go with a Hybrid character. I was considering an Ardent/Sorcerer a while ago. Cha/Cha Leader/Striker in heavy armour.

Yakk
2017-09-21, 02:24 PM
If you want to cheese, low-level cheese is all about stacking high-yield dice and die size increases.

More taps, and static bonuses, are less powerful at low levels.

An example might be an executioner sorcerer-king warlock using a warlock basic attack with mindbight scorn and a waraxe (1d12+3d8) (waraxe prof, hybrid talent, mindbight scorn, eldirch strike at-will)

Or Streak of Light pixie rogue surprising charger (4d8) (backstabber, Streak of Light, melee training, surprising charge, rapier weapon)

---

Backing up from that, do you want complexity or simplicity? Direct or indirect effect? Helping allies or harming foes? Tough or Fragile?