PDA

View Full Version : Any way to Shared health d&d 3.5?

solooize
2017-09-21, 03:02 PM
Simply looking for a way for a group to share the same health pool .... May go up to epic..
As many as possible

I thought war Weaver but a quick read ..I was wrong

Jowgen
2017-09-21, 03:22 PM
What you are looking for is a way to acquire the ability of Legion Devils (FCII) called "Legion’s Strength (Su)", which does exactly what you want.

You can do this via the "Ability Rip" spell, provided you have some Legion Devils at hand; though by itself each casting takes an hour and only lasts hours per caster level. A permaent custom item of the spell would cost 182000 gp, according to the custom item guidelines. On the whole, not really an ideal solution; but it's in the ball park.

Another alternative would be the Wish spell, combined with a sufficiently high Spellcraft check (ritual in savage species), to partially turn yourselves into Legion Devils. Cheesy imo, but comes with the bonus that you could access some of their other cool abilities.

Other than these, there is the odd spell and items that allows you to share damage taken between 2 or more (e.g. Shield Other), but that is not quite what you're looking for.

solooize
2017-09-21, 03:46 PM
That would be cool but I have to stay human like ...would the ability rip change it so I could use it as a human?

Silva Stormrage
2017-09-21, 03:58 PM
That would be cool but I have to stay human like ...would the ability rip change it so I could use it as a human?

Ability rip from Serpent Kingdom would let you use it as a human yes. The spell works by targeting a creature and temporary giving the caster (In this case a human) one SU ability of the targeted creature temporarily.

If you are asking wether or not you would pool the HP of legion devils or humans nearby thats actually an interesting question. I would probably think it would work with Legion devils but the wording on the specific ability you want is not really clear in this situation. You could simply ask the DM if you want a houserule.

solooize
2017-09-21, 04:03 PM
Yes I'm looking to use it on my thralls ..next would be to figure away to make 100 thralls or more close enough that this works on it ...gold won't matter I'll have a crafter in group and I can spread the xp cost threw my thralls if need be

Silva Stormrage
2017-09-21, 04:08 PM
Yes I'm looking to use it on my thralls ..next would be to figure away to make 100 thralls or more close enough that this works on it ...gold won't matter I'll have a crafter in group and I can spread the xp cost threw my thralls if need be

Use the ever abusable Acorn of far travel? (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040710a). If they are all under the canopy of the same tree then they are all within 100ft of each other right? :smallbiggrin:

Thurbane
2017-09-21, 04:58 PM
There's also the Blessing of the Godless feat (EoE p.23); while not exactly a communal sharing of hit points, you do create a communal pool of healing that all participants can draw from as an immediate action. The cost (aside from the feat and reqs) is a vial of unholy water and some evil poop.

It's a shame there was no Good/Neutral equivalent to this feat, but it wouldn't be hard to home-brew/rule 0 an equivalent.

StreamOfTheSky
2017-09-21, 05:19 PM
Shield Other pairs two people together. You'd need lots of castings to chain a group together, though.
The Binder class has a power that works similarly (forgot the vestige's name...the toothy guy), though what makes that shine is the ability to use it offensively on unwilling targets to eat half your damage.

It's Pathfinder, and 3rd party PF at that (psionics), but the Vitalist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist/) gets the ability to form a "network" of willing creatures. Among other things, it lets them split up any points of healing a network member receives and re-direct the amounts you choose to other members.
Damage isn't shared, but all healing is, so it's effectively the same. Works amazing with spells/abilities that heal an area or many targets...any who are at/near full health can just contribute their healing to the network.

Collective (Su)

A vitalist learns to use psionic power to connect willing minds through an internal network that strengthens their psychic bonds. As a standard action, a vitalist can join a number willing targets into his collective equal to his key ability modifier or half his vitalist level, whichever is higher. The vitalist must have line of sight to each target, each target must have a Wisdom score of at least 1, and all targets must be within Medium range (100 ft. + 10 ft. per class level). The vitalist is always considered a member of his own collective, and does not count against this limit.

The vitalist can choose to remove a member as a free action on his turn, and any member can voluntarily leave the collective as a free action on their turn. Any member whose Wisdom drops to zero or who moves out of range of the collective is automatically removed. If a member enters a null psionics field, the connection to the collective is suppressed until that member leaves the field. A member who leaves the collective for any reason immediately loses any and all benefits they may have gained from being a member. A vitalist is aware of the status of his collective and can, roughly, sense the presence of each member, although beyond telling if such a creature is still a member, this has no mechanical benefit until higher levels (see telepathy and health sense, below).

A vitalist can manifest certain powers through his collective. If a vitalist power specifies one or more willing targets (or is harmless) and has a range greater than personal, he can manifest this power on a member of his collective regardless of the range of the actual power. All other non-range restrictions still apply. He may also manifest any power with the Network descriptor this way, regardless of their actual ranges or targets. If he is capable of manifesting powers or casting spells from a different class (as is the case for a multiclass vitalist), any compatible spell or power with a range greater than touch can also be used through the collective.

If a member of the collective dies, the member is removed from the collective and the vitalist must make a Fortitude save (DC 15) or lose 1 power point for every Hit Die of the fallen member and be sickened for an equal number of rounds.

At 15th level, a vitalist’s collective range is limitless on the same plane as the vitalist.
At 19th level, a vitalist’s collective reaches even across to other planes and dimensions.

Collective Healing (Su)

Whenever a willing member of the vitalist’s collective could regain lost hit points or ability damage, the vitalist may choose to redirect any or all of that healing to one or more other willing members of the collective as a free action. This can transfer instantaneous healing (such as a body adjustment power), healing from ongoing healing effects, such as fast healing, and even hit points gained from rest (in which case, a member of the collective would rest for a period of time as normal, and the amount of hit points and ability damage healed would go to another).

In any case, the original recipient of the healing effect chooses whether to allow the diverted healing, and does not gain the benefits of any healing he grants to another. The type of healing (positive energy, negative energy, construct repair, etc.) is unchanged from the original source for determining who or what can be healed.

Example: Darius the soulknife is a willing member of Jorus the vitalist’s collective. He drinks a potion of cure light wounds that would normally heal him for 6 hit points, but Jorus decides to redirect 4 of those points to himself. Darius agrees and, as a result, Darius is healed for 2 hit points, and Jorus is healed for 4. If there were more members in Jorus’s collective, Jorus could spread the healing from that potion out even more as long as the sum of hit points healed was no greater than 6.

A vitalist may even heal wounds through collective healing if at full health. This may only be used with healing effects such as potions, powers, or other such effects. [Healing] from long term care or natural healing cannot be transferred in this way.

weckar
2017-09-21, 05:31 PM
You can do this via the "Ability Rip" spell, provided you have some Legion Devils at hand; though by itself each casting takes an hour and only lasts hours per caster level. A permaent custom item of the spell would cost 182000 gp, according to the custom item guidelines. On the whole, not really an ideal solution; but it's in the ball park.
The permanent loss of abilities/levels PER APPLICATION of the spell kind of kills this one.

Thurbane
2017-09-21, 05:46 PM
The permanent loss of abilities/levels PER APPLICATION of the spell kind of kills this one.

Yeah, I never understood the obsession with the spell. I mean, the benefits are nice and all, but the downsides suck. Is there some exploit with one of the OP races in the book that allow you to use the spell without the drawbacks?

Zanos
2017-09-21, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I never understood the obsession with the spell. I mean, the benefits are nice and all, but the downsides suck. Is there some exploit with one of the OP races in the book that allow you to use the spell without the drawbacks?
You can shapechange into something with a lot of bad SUs to trade away. If you have no SUs, you could arguably use Greater Restoration to to remove the level loss.

solooize
2017-09-21, 10:57 PM
Acorn of travel ... How could this keep everything linked

LanSlyde
2017-09-21, 11:15 PM
Be cleric capable of 4th level spells. Prepare Imbue with Spell Ability. Transfer the Shield Other Spell to your companions. Have them each cast the spell on each other in a successive line, before routing back to the original caster. This isn't a single giant health pool, but if say, the initial target takes 20 damage, that gets cut to 10 and transferred to that persons Shield, who would take 10 except for their own Shield so they take 5 and their shield takes 3 (because we round up in 3.5), then 2 (because more rounding), then 1. The rules state that you can't take half a point so the transfer fails at that link in the chain.

To make this clearer: Incoming Damage: 20; Link 1: 10; Link 2: 5; Link 3: 3; Link 4: 2; Link 5: 1; Link 6; Fails;

Even if you don't have that many links in chain, because the last link loops back to cast their Shield on link 1 the damage will continue to dissipate until their is nothing left to divide.

ben-zayb
2017-09-22, 01:38 AM
I could've sworn there's another monster with an ability similar to that of the Legion Devil's. Or maybeI'm just thinking of Ragnorra's network

solooize
2017-09-23, 11:59 AM
Dm gave me some help on how to get hundreds of thousands of thrall to be within 20 ft of me ...symbiote your thrall all symbiote into each other till there are only 1 left ..in the process I ran into another symbiote trick

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?259833-Gather-round-children-and-let-me-tell-you-a-story-about-the-forgoten-template

Thought I'd share some cheese