PDA

View Full Version : Soarsled 5e Conversion

Regitnui
2017-09-21, 03:41 PM
Building off the Broom of Flying (DMG 156), I decided to make a version of the soarsled from Eberron (3.5e City of Sharn 171). I'd like some feedback on it and the numbers. I don't use imperial units in my part of the world, so if they don't make sense, please tell me. The mechanics, however, are more important.

This crystalline disc crackles with energy, and hovers until you stand atop it and direct it to move with a thought. It can then be ridden into the air. It has a flying speed of 50 feet. It can carry up to 400 pounds, but its flying speed becomes 30 feet while carrying over 200 pounds. This function of the soarsled can only be used three times, after which it cannot be used again until the next dawn.
You can send the soarsled to travel alone to a destination within 1 mile of you if you speak the command word, name the location, and are familiar with the place. The soarsled comes back to you when you speak another command word, provided the soarsled is still within 1 mile of you.
While within the city of Sharn or a similar manifest zone, the soarsled's flying speed increases to 80 feet and can carry 800 pounds. Its flying speed drops to 40 feet if it carries 400 pounds or more. The item can be used freely within the city of Sharn.
Risky manoeuvres may require a DC 10 Dexterity check. Examples of such manoeuvres include another character jumping onto the soarsled, sudden stops or changes in direction, colliding with objects, or taking damage while riding the soarsled.

Thanks!