PDA

View Full Version : Sandra and Woo

Quiver
2017-09-21, 04:25 PM
Didn't see a thread for this, which is a little surprising, considering it's advertised as a banner on this forum, but....

Yeah, Sandra and Woo. ANy readers?

TaRix
2017-09-24, 04:01 PM
I read it. It's just closer to, say, newspaper strips where stuff doesn't necessarily connect, which doesn't lend itself to plot-based comments. The writer and artist do some interesting things at times and play with the medium pretty well, though. I'm not hardcore enough to bother with cryptanalysis and such, myself, but there's something for everyone.

There was a thread around here back when the gang had the M. Night Shyamalan (sp?) story twist.

Agi Hammerthief
2017-10-04, 11:45 PM
Stopped reading it regularly after they won this comic contest, felt like it was going downhill, storywise, after that.

Vinyadan
2017-10-21, 03:22 PM
I tried reading it, but I can't wrap my head around it. It feels like there is no solid background, and I don't get many of the jokes, if they are jokes. Maybe I should try the German version.

Ibrinar
2017-10-21, 03:32 PM
Read it for quite a while but lost interest in the end.

Gez
2017-10-22, 08:08 AM
I strongly dislike it. It feels like something very creepy hidden behind a cutesy facade. Also the characters are obnoxious.

Beelzebub1111
2017-10-22, 08:53 AM
I read it out of a morbid curiosity to see just how far it will go. It pushes boundries, but seems like it always stops JUST short of doing something over the line. And each time gets closer and closer.

In short, I'm waiting for the dam to burst, because I'm human and I love that kind of meta drama.

McDouggal
2017-10-22, 11:29 AM
I read it mostly as a side effect of reading Gaia.

Eldan
2017-10-22, 02:47 PM
I read it out of a morbid curiosity to see just how far it will go. It pushes boundries, but seems like it always stops JUST short of doing something over the line. And each time gets closer and closer.

In short, I'm waiting for the dam to burst, because I'm human and I love that kind of meta drama.

Huh. That actually makes me want to give it a look. I've read the odd comic or two from it when I accidentally clicked on the banner and it always seemed thoroughly uninteresting.

Lethologica
2017-10-22, 02:56 PM
Of all the comics I read, it's definitely the most like a newspaper comic.

Beelzebub1111
2017-10-23, 01:38 PM
Huh. That actually makes me want to give it a look. I've read the odd comic or two from it when I accidentally clicked on the banner and it always seemed thoroughly uninteresting.
Today's is a good example of what I'm talking about, it might go one more strip on the topic then pull back on a diffferent tangent. Recently there was a long thing with "sandra's birthday" that just...well it has to be read for yourself. Also the snapchat arc. That one was weird