PDA

View Full Version : QQ: Half-goblin

Avianmosquito
2017-09-21, 11:01 PM
So, in an RP over on Mythweavers, a little goblin girl (currently looking way up at a couple of human boys) asked if a goblin and a human had a baby, how big it would be. It was cute, the kind of silly and innocently innapropriate question a 5 year old would ask. The question, however, is unanswered as her cousin immediately removed her from the room. But I actually agree with the little one that it is an important question, primarily if the goblin is the mother. How big do you think a half-goblin would be, if it ever were to happen?

Thurbane
2017-09-21, 11:06 PM
In some settings/fiction, I've seen Hobgoblins re-fluffed as the offspring of a Human and a Goblin...

Avianmosquito
2017-09-22, 09:31 AM
Well, if they're that big, I do hope the goblin isn't the mother. But suffice to say, at least in this setting, that's not the case and the goblin/hobgoblin thing is, like the human/halfling thing, just Foster's rule at work. That is, hobgoblins are a goblin species subject to island gigantism, and halflings are a human species subject to insular dwarfism.

Are there any official sources with a half-goblin? Any settings where it didn't result specifically in hobgoblins? I've seen a few homebrewed ones, but they're all over in terms of size.