PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Construct Warforged Half-Vampire... what? (3.5)

Khalikryst
2017-09-22, 02:01 AM
So I have a player explaining this as if his parents are a Vampire and an Incarnate Construct Warforged, he is taking them together at birth which applies both templates at the same time giving him a LA +0 from the +2 and -2 of both being applied simultaneously. Is this how this works? I'm having trouble finding anything regarding this so I don't want to say yes immediately but at the same time I don't want to just say no and stomp out the effort put into researching it in the first place.

Inevitability
2017-09-22, 02:31 AM
You can't inherit Incarnate Construct from having an incarnate construct parent: it is an acquired template that is gained by having a spell cast on you. Half-vampire is inherited, and must come first.

This means that you can only be a half-vampire if you are a (monstrous) humanoid at the moment of birth, whereas you can only be an incarnate construct if you're a construct sometime after your birth. It might be possible to get both if you bend the rules a bit, but being both while also being a warforged is impossible without houseruling.

Telonius
2017-09-22, 06:53 AM
Yeah, if we're going just by the templates, an Incarnate Construct Anything is no longer actually a Construct. The type has changed to Humanoid (or Giant if Large or above). The thing you'd need to determine would be the stats of the base creature. For that, there is a crucial piece of the Incarnate Construct statblock that your player is forgetting.

Level Adjustment: -2 (minimum 0)

Emphasis added. So the base creature has a level adjustment of 0. It's basically going to be a generic humanoid thing without the Warforged's slam attack, composite plating, or Living Construct traits (since that's a Special Quality that Incarnate Construct gets rid of); with penalties to Wisdom and Charisma but a bonus to Strength.

Half-Vampire is added on top of that, to get LA +2.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-09-22, 08:05 AM
You could be a half-vampire, get a half-golem graft, fail your save (become a construct), and be incarnated at that point. You'd gain extra LA from the half-golem template.

You could be the child of a vampire and an incarnate warforged, which would be close to a half-vampire dummy*, including half-vampire LA.

*Medium humanoid, 30' speed, no special abilities or qualities. Only interesting bit: warforged ability adjustments (probably?).

ATHATH
2017-09-22, 10:47 AM
Only let him do it if he plans to become a stealthy pirate- because then he'd be a ninja zombie (vampire is close enough) pirate robot.

Telonius
2017-09-22, 11:14 AM
Only let him do it if he plans to become a stealthy pirate- because then he'd be a ninja zombie (vampire is close enough) pirate robot.

Oooh, and the Incarnate Warforged could contract Lycanthropy, so he'd be all that plus a werewolf!:smallbiggrin: