PDA

View Full Version : Tar Palantir's Wonderful World of Spells

Tar Palantir
2007-08-13, 10:49 PM
I've decided to make a thread where I post my ideas for new spells so that you can all comment on them before I go whine to my DM to let my wizard invent them. Please feel free to comment, but as this is my list of spells, keep your spells to your threads. Thank you.

Bouncing Fireball
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: Circle, centered on target, 20 ft. radius; see text.
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex for half damage
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell is similar in effect to the standard fireball, except that it will not detonate until it comes into contact with a living creature, an undead, or a construct. If it strikes an obstacle, such as a wall or shield, it will bounce, continuing on its new course until it strikes a target or the maximum range is reached, at which time it will explode, dealing 1d6/caster level of fire damage toeverything within the area of effect (max 10d6 of damage). If it strikes a non living object held by a valid target, the target can make a Dexterity check to deflect it in a specific direction, with the DC equal to the spell's save DC. Items such as weapons and shields can be used to block it, but clothing and other worn items cannot.

Material components: A bit of sulphur or bat guano and a small bit of rubber.

Abjurer
2007-08-14, 11:53 AM
That's fun. Extreme Hot-Potato. You need to fix its duration though.
It should be, like, a turn per two spellcasting levels or so.