PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Path of the Giantkin

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-09-25, 12:03 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Ft8CIvUUzoZ0h3nuKkxzmjQLokvTPZNHrQHnQFVbVA

Man, Barbarians are really fun to make. This one was originally inspired by the Hulk, and really quickly became its own thing. Kinda like a new totemic path, but also not really. Kinda Monk-esque, kinda not. I don’t really know anymore. But it was fun to make, and I hope it’s as fun to play for you. So yeah, if you have any suggestions or criticisms, feel free to respond, and if you like it, feel free to check out my homebrew stuff.

JNAProductions
2017-09-25, 12:50 PM
I'd limit the Unarmed Strike damage to match that of Monks.

I'd give a different benefit for Giant's Blood. Becoming Large is fine, but advantage against Small/Tiny creatures makes little sense. If anything, they'd be harder to hit.

Overall, looks good.

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-09-25, 12:53 PM
I'd limit the Unarmed Strike damage to match that of Monks.

I'd give a different benefit for Giant's Blood. Becoming Large is fine, but advantage against Small/Tiny creatures makes little sense. If anything, they'd be harder to hit.

Overall, looks good.

I had the thought that they were too damage competitive with Monks, but then I remembered Flurry of Blows and the bonus action punches a monk gets. So they’ll end up only doing around half of what a Monk could do. I’m also still somewhat unclear as to how size affects checks and the like. The thought was, if your fist is massive, hitting something small wouldn’t be that difficult.

JNAProductions
2017-09-25, 12:55 PM
I had the thought that they were too damage competitive with Monks, but then I remembered Flurry of Blows and the bonus action punches a monk gets. So they’ll end up only doing around half of what a Monk could do. I’m also still somewhat unclear as to how size affects checks and the like. The thought was, if your fist is massive, hitting something small wouldn’t be that difficult.

Except you also get rage damage on your Unarmed Strikes, and FAR better defenses. No, I'd limit it.

And have you ever tried to swat a fly? It should be easy, right, what with how big your hands are?

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-09-25, 01:07 PM
Except you also get rage damage on your Unarmed Strikes, and FAR better defenses. No, I'd limit it.

And have you ever tried to swat a fly? It should be easy, right, what with how big your hands are?

Fair enough. What would you suggest for each?