PDA

View Full Version : Useful Warforged components?

danielxcutter
2017-09-26, 06:19 AM
I've been looking over at some of the components, and I wonder how good they are, and which ones would be particularly useful. In particular, the ones that add natural attacks intrigue me - they seem like okay ways to boost your attack routine, honestly, but are they worth the cost? Not totally sure.

From the perspective of a martial character, or perhaps a gish(Fighter/Wizard/Gish PrC could work).

Fouredged Sword
2017-09-26, 06:37 AM
The natural attack ones are useful IF you build to make use of them. An unaugmented attack at -5 isn't very useful. Throw on improved multiattack on a warforged totemist and go to town with 10-15 natural attacks and pounce from a barb dip and you find yourself digging up every extra attack you can find.

Another thing to look into is standard items turned into compontents to make them impossible to remove. I once played a warforged wizard with the ebberon shard that acts as a spellbook as a component. He accessed his spells though a gem embedded into his chest. Very cool and flavorful and the DM liked to throw us in prisons, so it was great to have a discrete way to access my spells that was very hard to take away.

fallensavior
2017-09-26, 02:50 PM
Battlefist fixes some of the problems with the Monk class. You get a nice damage boost from counting as a size bigger. You get weapon enchantments at the normal cost. It counts as a +1 weapon so you can ACF Ki Strike Magic away for Holy Strike, bypassing DR/Good and adding 1d6 damage against evil.

Fouredged Sword
2017-09-26, 03:00 PM
Battlefist fixes some of the problems with the Monk class. You get a nice damage boost from counting as a size bigger. You get weapon enchantments at the normal cost. It counts as a +1 weapon so you can ACF Ki Strike Magic away for Holy Strike, bypassing DR/Good and adding 1d6 damage against evil.

Doubly so if you invest in the beaststrike feat. Adding your slam damage to every attack actually makes a monk hit hard enough to matter. Pairs well with the decisive strike ACF for monk.

danielxcutter
2017-09-26, 06:59 PM
Hmm... what about for a gish? I think Wraithstrike could help with the hitting problem, and Blood Wind works on attacks from warforged components, as they count as natural weapons.