PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Metamagic Adept

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-09-26, 12:52 PM
Just a little homebrew feat I made when I got bored in math. If you can get Superiority Dice and spells from feats, why not a little bit of Metamagic?

Prerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
Your experience in casting spells allows you greater control over them. You gain the following benefits:
1. You gain 2 sorcery points.
2. You learn 1 Metamagic option as defined on page 102 of the Player’s Handbook.

JBPuffin
2017-09-26, 03:54 PM
Major reason core didn't do this is because Sorcs need something to make them stand out...but let's face it, they're in the same shoes as the Dragonborn - there are better ways to do the same things.

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-09-26, 07:25 PM
Major reason core didn't do this is because Sorcs need something to make them stand out...but let's face it, they're in the same shoes as the Dragonborn - there are better ways to do the same things.

Not to say Sorcerers are bad. But if Fighters and Bards have to share, so do they.

Kane0
2017-09-26, 07:37 PM
Seems aight, nothing all that broken. I'd possibly even consider making it 3 SP.

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-09-26, 09:08 PM
Seems aight, nothing all that broken. I'd possibly even consider making it 3 SP.

I'm a bit hesitant to say 3, if only because this would stack with what a sorcerer normally gets. Kinda like how you only get 1 superiority die from Martial Adept.