PDA

View Full Version : Sports Players in the Playground

bugsysservant
2007-08-14, 10:34 AM
Started preseason of (American) football yesterday. *Shudders thinking of the six and a half hour practice. God I hate preseason.*
Anyway, was wondering if anybody else here plays any sports. I'm a lineman in football, and I used to play defense for both LaCrosse and Soccer, though I no longer play either.

ForzaFiori
2007-08-14, 10:36 AM
I played football last year and the year before, as a WR, DB, and OLB.

Now I run CC and play soccer (any position except goalie)

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-08-14, 10:57 AM
I'll play pretty much anything considered a sport in general and am a very amateur gymnast.

Soccer though is my specialty. Been playing since I was 5. I play all positions pretty well, but my best is goalie. Last I played on an actual team there were a total of 5 goals scored on me all season.

That was a few years ago though, and I'm probably getting rusty despite my daily practices at home (during which I managed to tear a tendon in my knee a few months ago. Wasn't even doing anything, just jogging up to the ball and my knee collapses sideways and I've never injured my knees in my life).

Gaelbert
2007-08-14, 11:24 AM
I play high school soccer and badminton, I played baseball for 8 or so years before I stopped. Soccer is my main sport, though. My favorite positions are goalie and full back, although I tend to get put at half back becuase I can run for a while.

Shikton
2007-08-14, 12:15 PM
I'm going to my first football (which people insist on calling soccer:smallfurious: ) practice in about 5 years today. I've not done any running or anything, so I'll be pretty much dead by the end of it, but I made sure to join a team that isn't too good. An hour until it starts now. Kinda nervous.

Oh, and I play left back, anywhere on the midfield or up front. No goalie stuff for me, I'll rather get balls past goalies.

Krytha
2007-08-14, 10:03 PM
I used to play a lot of basketball in high school, but nowadays I mostly play volleyball. Indoor and beach, but since it's summer, beach figures a lot more prominently.

Ishmael
2007-08-14, 11:39 PM
I fence sabre for a local competitive team, though I haven't gone in a while due to summer...

I prefer High Adventure to sports, really, so more backpacking and mountaineering and less basketball for me. I leave sports to my brother.

Tekar
2007-08-15, 02:12 AM
Sport Climbing. I think I go to a climbing gym twice a week on avarage and during the summer we go rock climbing quite often.

Setra
2007-08-15, 02:27 AM
I play Tennis occasionally. Less now that I live nowhere near any sort of court though.

Also, I swim, and occasionally hike. Less now though, since I live nowhere near any place where I can hike/swim.

I'd love to take up fencing, but I'm broke.

BanjoTheClown
2007-08-15, 02:58 AM
I Play Baseball and Soccer. Thats pretty much it.:smallconfused:

Albub
2007-08-21, 12:01 AM
I play corner in football (Canadian rules), winger in rugby, and box lacrosse goalie, and I quite enjoy all of them. I'll pick up almost anything recreationally, and I love being outdoors, kayaking, hiking, hunting (though not for sport... mmmm, ptarmigan) and the like.

Damionte
2007-08-21, 12:15 AM
What's different in Canadian rules football? Do you guys like wear skates or something? do you get to fight. Oh hey can you bring weapons on the field. do you play naked...? or are like half the penalties in french only?

Krytha
2007-08-21, 12:23 AM
What's different in Canadian rules football? Do you guys like wear skates or something? do you get to fight. Oh hey can you bring weapons on the field. do you play naked...? or are like half the penalties in french only?

Yes, that's exactly what Canadian football is like. Our players can also gamble and dog fight as much as they please. Maybe some of your players would prefer the canadian version?

Icewalker
2007-08-21, 12:34 AM
I'm just starting to pick up fencing. Foil. It's very fun, I like how it requires far more thought and deliberation than most games.

Gaelbert
2007-08-27, 09:57 PM
I just got back from a JV soccer game. Being a sophmore is fun. You get to be in charge and stay in the entire game. I also had a sliding kick that I was very proud of. It cut up most of my leg, but it worked./brag

Albub
2007-08-27, 10:10 PM

Canadian football is about a million times manlier. We don't get a fancy shmancy fourth down to wrap things up, our fields are longer so that our running backs can't be pansies like in American football, and our balls are bigger. Like, Maddox big.