PDA

View Full Version : Bluestar Begins-The Blue Novas!

JeminiZero
2017-09-27, 07:41 AM
It is a cool Friday evening in Bluestar city. Barely a few days ago, the local superheroes - who had so far operated individually - decided to band together to form a team: The Blue Novas! This announcement was greeted with much excitement. At long last, Bluestar had its own superteam! No longer would the residents of the nearby Shelbyville - with their Shelby-Sentinels - point and laugh at Bluestar, like some red headed stepchild.

Today however, the news is decidedly less upbeat. The headline of the local Bluestar Bugle reads "Fears of Collateral Damage from Blue Novas cause Insurance Premiums to Skyrocket". Despite this warning, the common folk on the street are still quite happy with their new team. "Anything to be better than those filthy Shelby's. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?"

OOC: Describe what your character is doing this Friday evening. If the police can't contact you directly, it may be useful to have the local tv or radio news running in the background. Remember to prefix each post with your character's name, damage condition, and hero/luck points.

John Cribati
2017-09-27, 07:25 PM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: Normal

-two people from alternate... timelines or something-

*click*

-do you think Alloy's police-critical stance would affect the way-

*click*

-Alloy has been overtly critical of police action in the p-

*click*

-we expect him to uphold the law when he has no respect for our officers?

"Ugh!"

Frustrated, Kalia shuts the TV off and hurls the remote across the room, catching it mentally before it could actually collide with the wall.

"Spotlight already too hot, I see," her father quips from the other couch.

"How am I more interesting than the ghost, Thor, and the living proof that alternate realities exist?"

"You took a political stance," her mother calls over from the kitchen.

"Wait, they're actually from alternate realities?"

Kalia stares at her father, the "oops" written across her face."Is that... not public knowledge? Well, uh..." She tugs at the remote, which had still been floating in ths air, and it flies into her waiting palm, at which point she quickly flips the TV back on.
"yknow, maybe they've stopped talking about me!"

Both parents, recognizing her "classified hero business" time, immediately ignore that she'd said anything.

Briare0s
2017-09-27, 08:39 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: One with Mana(or Normal)

Ten meditated in Sixer's apartment as she sought to deepen her relationship with Mana. She breathed in and out in a slow calm rhythm. While doing this she stayed fully aware of her intake of air that would hold Mana as all things do. The rhythm of the breathe served to soothe her into the trance-like state, which she learned was the best way to become one with Mana. She noticed her heart-rate slow, her muscles relax, and her body starting to be absorbed by the cosmic energy that suffused all things. Her thoughts began to sink into the void of nothingness, inhabited by the lost minds of objects, but she kept her mind detached for a while to avoid this. Ten felt everything around her like the fly buzzing in the corner of the room or the footfalls of multiple different people in her residential complex.

Deciding that it was best to try to push her limits a bit, Ten concentrated fully on her senses till they expanded to the Cosmos above that held the merging point of all Space/Time. Her now blue hair glowed softly and her eyes emitted a light not unlike the myriad of lamps in the streets found all around the city at night. Tiny glowing blue cracks branched out around her eyes just as she hit the limit of her ability to fuse with Mana, the cosmic energy that shaped all things. Ten did not notice any of this though as she focused on seeing the overlaying message that Mana wished to communicate.

LimSindull
2017-09-27, 09:11 PM
Sixer
1HP/Status:Normal

"Sir, can I help you, I'm a manager here." The store clerk hid behind the manager with wide eyes. The manager glared at the bald man scanning his tattoos on the price checker.

Sixer quit scanning his arm and dropped the price checker back onto the counter. Ahh yes. One who runs things more efficiently. Why do they waste so much time with those who are so weak. Does this clerk know nothing of the system. This city needs much improving.

A smile beamed across Sixer's face as he took the manager's hand and shook it firmly.

"Good day. I apologize for any inconvenience I may be causing. I need to give you currency for the two way communication device and the instant photo viewer. Something seems to be amiss."

The manager pulled her hand away from Sixer's overly extended handshake. "Sir, we take cash or debit here. We can sign you up for in store financing if you need, but I'm sure you can afford that old phone and t.v."

Right. The card. Sixer held out his debit card and smiled.

"Thank you so much for the help. I apologize that I have scared your hardworking staff."

Sixer turned and announced "I thank you all for your help. The City of Bluestar thanks you! Continue your diligent work for a better tomorrow!"

With that he grabbed his boxes and ran out of the door. Stopping outside.The residence is not far. I should be able to run there in three minutes.
Then I just have to plug in a cord and this modern marvel will work.

"Hah!" He laughed at no one.

How do they ever loose such an amazing ability. It may be weak, but this place has promise!

Sixer turned and took his card from the store clerk who had walked outside to hand it to him. He shoved it in his pants pocket and then ran full speed across the parking lot and down the road.

After a few minutes of running, he arrived at his apartment. Barely stopping to open the door, he burst into the living area. Dropping the telephone immediately, Sixer ripped the box containing the television apart. Ten minutes later he had finally figured out how to turn the television on to channel 4.

"It is so much bigger than I could have imagined. Amazing!" He stared at the map displayed on the weather for the local channel four news in shock and awe.

JeminiZero
2017-09-28, 11:11 AM
Ten Mana
As you push your consciousness into the cosmos you notice one area where this dimension differs drastically from your home. Your world's primary conflict was the Shadowdancer War. But here things are far more messy. Across the vastness of space, violent sparks flare amongst the stars - endless skirmishes between the various galaxy spanning empires. You begin to wonder why Earth has not been crushed under heel by some stellar overlord.

Even here on the planet, you feel a multiplicity of factions, many are vying for power, but some try to keep the peace. And then you sense... something... elsewhere. Elusive. A disturbance in the force.

You try to focus, and a catch a glimpse of a sadly familiar presence. There is a Shadowdancer on earth.

Alloy & Sixer
Alloy: As the TV flashes back on, you finally find someone not talking about your political stance.

Sixer: After the channel 4 weather report, you come to the next segment.

"And now we have an interview with the Bluestar Bugle's editor-in-chief. So tell me, why did you decide to make the rising Insurance Premiums your headline? Some folks are wondering whether you are being harsh on our new super team."

"Because it's true? Just yesterday I was trying to buy car insurance. And the price was simply absurd. I asked the sales rep what happened, and he muttered something about cars being ammo in superhero fights."

"Right, I'm not questioning whether it's true. What I'm asking is why put it in the headlines? Surely there are more important things like Alloy's criticism of..."

"Listen, if there's one thing I don't like about the news cycle today, it's how you're all so distracted by who said what. But how does that affect the common man? Now rising, unaffordable prices? That's something more relevant to the general public."

OOC: Just waiting on Taranis and Fade before the police broadcast goes out.

Whisper Knight
2017-09-28, 11:24 AM
Gwilherm jogged his way home from his later classes, feeling relieved. Only one of his professors, Dr. Regina Reino, was aware of his secret identity of Taranis, the Thunderer. And she only knew because she was the person he went to when he awoke with his powers, asking for help. If the call from the police came during any of his other classes, he'd need to come up with an excuse. And he was terrible at that.

On his phone, he glanced down at the news. Alloy was getting flack for her stance on police brutality. Again. What a world we live in where "don't kill non-violent civilians" was somehow "controversial." Gwilherm wondered if he should, as Taranis, back her up on it.

But then he saw the news about insurance costs rising since the Blue Novas became a team. Ugh. Point or not, it's very annoying to see that. Maybe he could use part his inheritance to help relief efforts after fights.

He decided to get back to the music, turning back on Pandora. "Ryuusei" by Mucc was playing. He had to stop himself from singing in public.

Apologize for the lateness. Still new to PbP.
Taranis, the Thunderer/Gwilherm "Will" Elouan (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22419293&postcount=11)
Condition: Good
Hero Points: 1

spinningdice
2017-09-29, 06:00 AM
Fade
1HP | Status: Normal

Faye sat in her apartment half-listening to the TV as she tinkered with her staff. Now that she was actually part of a team and facing powered opponents she should at least have some way of hurting some of the brutes they encounter.

How on earth did I get into this? I'm a researcher not a hero? the answer as ever was Because I can, and someone has to.

JeminiZero
2017-09-29, 07:18 AM
Suddenly, the image on screen changes to a police officer, sitting behind a worn desk and reading from a crumpled sheet of paper.

"We interrupt your regular program for this emergency broadcast, because... well, frankly, the police have no room in their budget for a giant signal light..." He deadpans. "Or for that matter, a city-wide thunder siren system."

The broadcast continues, "Supervillains have just stormed the Bluestar Grand Jewellers and have taken everyone hostage. Police are requesting the presence of the Blue Novas. I repeat..."

Time to show the world what you can do.

Although you're all probably varying distances from the crime scene, I'm going to hand-wave that you all arrive at the same time. Still you can take this chance to describe your character's amazing transport powers. :smallbiggrin:

For example, Ten Mana is strong enough to pick up Sixer, and leap across the city.

As you all approach the jewellers, you notice the roads around it are in utter gridlock. For some reason, the traffic lights in this area have all gone haywire, leading to minor accidents and all around chaos.

When you finally reach the store, you all see one another... as well as a single lonesome police officer standing guard outside. He has a tabloid magazine rolled up into a cone, which he uses as a makeshift megaphone. "This is the police. Release the hostages and come out with your hands up, or we'll be forced to use force!"

His demand is met by a chorus of laughter, echoing from within the building.

"Stop laughing! I may be just one man, but..." the officer hesitates before pulling out his service pistol and waving it in the air. "But I have a gun, and I'm not afraid to use it!"

The laughter only grows louder.

The policeman hangs his head in defeat and sighs. He turns and sees the super-cavalry has finally arrived. "Oh thank heavens you are here. I was just passing by when they stormed the place and took everyone hostage. I tried to call for backup, but the roads are completely blocked! Help me Blue Novas, you're my only hope."

You can start planning on how you want to approach the situation.

John Cribati
2017-09-29, 08:41 AM
Alloy

"Gotta run! Love you!"

"Stay safe!"

She kisses her father's forehead as she runs down to the basement, approaching a large metal filing cabinet and mentally sliding it out of the way to reveal a tunnel in the wall behind it. Her armor shield, and a rather large bit of steel scrap are right behind it, and after a minute to change into the padded under layer, it takes but a second for the pieces of the armor to fly onto her body. It looked, in her opinion, really cool. Forming a disc put of the steel, and wrapping the rest as cord around her limbs, she flies along the tunnel until she reaches the exit.

A few minutes later, and several blocks away from her house, Alloy lifts the lid off a sewer main entrance to make sire no cars were approaching and takes to the sky, pushing every bit of speed that she can to get to the Grand Jewellers. Taking the sewer, while not very glamorous, was an extra precaution that often made her the last to arrive- Alloy couldn't very well just pop out of her house.

Thankfully, she wasn't too late, though she had no idea what they'd be walking into.

Fade, recon. Be careful with your staff; they might have some way of detecting it if they're the ones who made the traffic lights lose their minds.

She turns to the lone cop.

Officer, do you know anything about assailants? How many to expect, or anyone with priors?

JeminiZero
2017-09-29, 09:22 AM
The cop scratched his head. "Well, they sorta shoved me to the ground, so I couldn't get a clear look. But there was a cyclops, an emo-looking elf, a half-girl-half-spider, and another girl with black wings. I didn't recognize any of 'em, but I figured they had to be supervillains, and asked HQ to call for you guys at once."

This particular jewelry store has various windows which show off the merchandise, but which do not allow you to look further inside the building. Nonetheless, even from the exterior, it is clear from the darkness behind the glass front door, that the lights in the building are all off.

The cop chimes in. "Oh yeah, I should also mention that the lights went off before they went in. And the shop had staff and a few customers. Since nobody has come out, I'm guessing the civilians are now hostages. Not sure if that helps you or not."

This band of crooks can all see perfectly in the dark, and are using that to their maximum advantage.

Unfortunately, most of you are completely night blind. But fret not, there are ways around this.

Now is the time to introduce a key concept in M&M. Extra Effort (http://www.d20herosrd.com/#EXTRA_EFFORT).

And one of the uses of Extra Effort is the Power Stunt. A key trope of comics, are instances where heroes use their powers in ways which are theoretically possible, but which they have never done before, and which they rarely repeat.

For example Flash could in theory spin his hands with enough speed to make a whirlwind. He can then point the whirlwind at the ground, to propel himself upwards, or to slow his fall. But he only does this as a one off (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbrmBddF38).

In M&M3e, this theoretically possible alternate use of powers are called power stunts (http://www.d20herosrd.com/#POWER_STUNT).

For example, the building's power has been cut and it's dark inside. But Taranis has power over electricity. He could, attempt the power stunt of channeling his lightning into the grid, making the lights come back on.

Normally any Extra Effort (http://www.d20herosrd.com/#EXTRA_EFFORT), including Power Stunt, causes your character to be fatigued. You can then buy off the fatigue with a Hero Point.

But for the purposes of this tutorial game, Taranis gets a one-off free power stunt to turn the lights back on. Use it when you think the moment is right.

Briare0s
2017-09-29, 12:32 PM
Ten broke out of her meditation in a cold sweat. The visible Mana radiating from her grew silent once again just as her black hair and dark eyes returned. Her clenched fists trembled at what she found out.

Shadowdancers?! On Earth? I-I-I-I think I...

She went through multiple breathing exercises to calm herself down.

Calm down. I will fight them...later.

Ten swiftly stands up and enters the entry room of the residence. After finding out about the robbery in progress Ten quickly took him into her arms and began to jump across the rooftops to reach their destination.

(One awkward leaping marathon and recap of the situation later.)

Ten half-listened as she began to merge herself with Mana once more. This time with a focus on her awareness to see if she can hear anything amiss in the store. Her eyes and hair glowed a soft blue light. She even smiled a bit as she enjoyed the feeling of becoming one with Mana. It was a unique joy no other thing in any world could match.

"I say we go Jewerly store and we beat them until they unconscious. Good plan?" Ten asked her allies.

spinningdice
2017-09-29, 03:02 PM
Fade
HP:1 | Status: Normal

Faye flicked off the TV, slipped into her armoured jacket and left her apartment, simply fading away and walking through the wall. I need to invest in some transport if I'm doing this full time staying invisible she catches a ride with a going in the right direction, before traffic chaos hits and it becomes easier to just run through.

Fortunately no one can see her dubious forms of travel...

Fading back into visibility long enough to get an update she nods at Alloy's comment, flicks her staff off, "Give me three minutes, even if I can't see them I can listen in." She then fades out and walks through the wall...

Whisper Knight
2017-09-29, 03:19 PM
Gwilherm decided to look at the news again while he was near an abandoned alley. If there's an incident, it'll be easy for him to transform without anyone noticing.

And, of course, there was news of a hostage situation in progress. And the police complaining about his thunder-signal idea. Would it really cost that much?!

Nevertheless, Gwilherm had a job to do. He went into the alley, then, with a flash of lightning and sound of thunder, he had donned his divinely-created superhero outfit, complete with blue spandex with Celtic druidic symbols. He rose into the air, then dashed with his blindingly fast Lightning Speed... to his house's skylight roof, leaving his bag and civilian clothes down into his house. He really needed to find a way to better do this.

He then Lightning Speeded to above the center of town, to make sure no one could figure out where he lived.

Taranis flew to the scene of the crime. He was about to ask an officer what was the situation, but then saw Alloy about to do the same on the other side. He flew there, not wanting to take the attention of two officers. He caught most of the situation.

"So, we're dealing with some superpowered individuals. They make any demands?" Taranis' voice was slightly ethereal.

Fade made a comment that they should go in, guns blazing. "I say we figure some stuff out more. It's odd that the lights were out before the incident."

LimSindull
2017-09-29, 03:29 PM
Sixer
1HP/Status:OK

Sixer hopped out of Ten's arms. The area seemed hectic with so many civilians around, this seemed important for some reason... car bullets...

He listened to Alloy talk with the officer.

"You did well officer! Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Blue Nova is here to relieve you." He smiled and rested his hand on the officer's shoulder. Probably too long for the officer's liking.

Four afflicted went in, and there are many humans inside as well. This police force is too incompetent. Why wouldn't these people inside fight the afflicted? How afflicted are they? They will have advantage in positioning and collateral damage and a disadvantage in numbers if the officer's account was true.

Sixer let go of the officer and turned back to Ten. He saw the familiar blue glow of her hair and stepped back. "We should draw them out to us as they have cover and positioning. I know that you are capable Ten, but I am unaware of what traps they may have ready. Alloy, can you open the building up?"

He stopped speaking for a moment.

"I agree with Taranis. We should investigate the source of the electrical problems, perhaps they disabled them from the outside or a central location. All the street signs are affected as well. If we can find that, then they will lose one of their advantages. Does anyone know how this could be done?"

He turned his head to look at the building, his stance was calm and his arms hung gently by his side.

John Cribati
2017-09-29, 04:09 PM
Alloy

"Storming in is a bad idea. As far as I know, none of us can see in the dark, so we know nothing about any formation they'd be in, or where theyre keeping the hostages. Last thing we need is to accidentally beat up a civilian. So we wait for Fade to gather what she can and then work ot out from there."

JeminiZero
2017-09-29, 06:04 PM
"So, we're dealing with some superpowered individuals. They make any demands?" Taranis' voice was slightly ethereal.

The cop shook his head. "So far the only thing I've heard from them is... uh... laughter."

Fade made a comment that they should go in, guns blazing. "I say we figure some stuff out more. It's odd that the lights were out before the incident."
The cop shrugged. "I wouldn't say before the incident. The lights went out JUST before they went in. If you think of this as a coordinated strike, then the lights going out is part of the incident."

Hey JeminiZero, I would like to make a persuasion check and get them to come out. (I understand that this will almost never happen, but I want to see what happens.)

How do I go about this/ rolling for this. (I was going to write something according to what I roll.)
The way this game works, is that you make the best speech that you can, and then roll Persuasion to see how well you've done. If you want to give it a shot you can go ahead.

Fading back into visibility long enough to get an update she nods at Alloy's comment, flicks her staff off, "Give me three minutes, even if I can't see them I can listen in." She then fades out and walks through the wall...
Make 3 rolls please: Stealth, Perception and Investigate

"I agree with Taranis. We should investigate the source of the electrical problems, perhaps they disabled them from the outside or a central location. All the street signs are affected as well. If we can find that, then they will lose one of their advantages. Does anyone know how this could be done?"

You can each make a Technology roll to hazard a guess, provided you are trained in Tech or can treat Tech as trained via either Jack of All Trades or Eidetic Memory.

Edit:Although Fade won't be able to share her results until she comes back... if she comes back.

spinningdice
2017-09-29, 07:10 PM
Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Investigate [roll2]

JeminiZero
2017-09-29, 07:16 PM
Umbragen [roll0] Fails to spot Fade
Okuu [roll1] Forgets she is supposed to be on Guard Duty

JeminiZero
2017-09-29, 07:43 PM
Fade
The moment you step through the wall, you come face to face with the aforementioned girl with black wings. In a room of near total blackness, she is the only thing illuminated, by virtue of the fact she is standing next to the still glowing emergency exit sign near the front door. Aside from her black wings, the next thing you notice about her, is the large crimson orb embedded in her chest... almost like an eye.

The crimson eye turns towards you, and then she looks in your direction. She waves cheerily at you, but does not alert her partners in crime.

Behind her, the lighting is too dim to see anything. But you make out dozens of figures systematically smashing open glass cases, and transferring their contents into loot bags.

Various other figures are kneeling or lying on the floor. You guess these must be the hostages. Of note, a pair of large figure seem to be going from hostage to hostage, checking on them. "Lets see, male, another male, too old... ah, you'll do!"

The first large figure grabs the hostage. There is a muffled scream that is swiftly silenced. "Bring her along as well"

The second large figure crouches over the hostage and does something you can't quite make out.

Leaving the main room, you search around the rest of the building but cannot find the source of power outage.

LimSindull
2017-09-29, 09:32 PM
Sixer
HP1/Status: Ok

Sixer looked around the building, trying to see if there were any signs of sabotage visible.

Tech=Jack of all Trades (+int)[roll0]

Briare0s
2017-09-29, 09:36 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: One with Mana(or Normal), Mana Boosted Awareness

"I do not like the darkness and the silence," Ten said as she turned to Alloy and Sixer, "You sure, friends? I have been trained to fight in darkness."

Ten felt anxious leaving her ally to the villains. She took a tentative step or two towards the building ready to enter if she notices anything go wrong.

JeminiZero
2017-09-29, 11:08 PM
There are no signs of external tampering.

You can make a few guesses as to what is the cause of the traffic light malfunction, and the lights out in the jewelers, but without additional clues, you cannot be certain which is correct.

The first guess, would be that one of your enemies has a superpower which can directly control machines and electronics. Or what is called a technopath.

The second possibility, would be that your enemies have an excellent hacker supporting them, who has remotely seized control of the traffic control system, and the building's smart lighting.

The third could be that there is separate villain strike team, that has infiltrated the city's transport HQ to mess with the traffic lights. And here at the Jewelers, someone has gone inside and cut the central power, perhaps using some sort of movement superpower to get in and out unnoticed.

Or perhaps it is some mixture of the above.

LimSindull
2017-09-30, 10:47 AM
Sixer
HP1/Status:OK

Sixer looked over his teammates. Smiling at them and nodding his head in encouragement. Their powers are all so complex, so unique. Yet here they're not wanting to hurt others. The company wouldn't care; the company can't hurt itself. Still, they are right. These people must be protected.

"Alloy, Taranis, Ten, you each control aspects. Metal, Lighting, Mana. I couldn't find anything amiss outside, so I believe that there could be one inside that controls light, or perhaps the machines that control the lights. If it's not that, we may be in even more trouble."

Sixer turned and walked to Mana. He tried to be reassuring. "I will be ineffective in the dark and you will be outnumbered alone. The choice is yours and I will follow. First though..."

spinningdice
2017-09-30, 10:59 AM
Fade
HP:1 | Status: Normal

Fade's breath catches in her throat as the eye settled upon her, that had never happened before.
After a quick scout around for power, she returns to the others.

Speaking quickly she updates the others. "I can't find a way to get the power back online, the one with wings saw me - though didn't seem concerned that I was there. There are dozens of them in there, but I couldn't make out most of them, I don't know if they're all 'powered' or not. they have hostages, and I think they plan to take the younger female ones with them."

JeminiZero
2017-09-30, 11:52 AM
OOC: To keep things rolling along, here are a few possible actions your team can take. You can of course suggest more, this is just a starting point.

1. Have Taranis power on the lights and storm the place
2. Wait for them to come outside.
3. Shout for them to come out. Perhaps the Blue Novas will have a different effect from a mere passing cop.

Post what your character thinks the Blue Novas should do, and why. :smallbiggrin:

Briare0s
2017-10-01, 10:16 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: One with Mana(or Normal), Mana Boosted Awareness, Mana Boosted Defenses

Ten becomes outraged at the mentioning of kidnap victims as two blades alight into her hands and her skin starts to turn into a translucent blue. She snarls and roars in her native tongue before leaping into the air through the Jewelry store's front window into a roll across the floor. She gracefully ends the roll on her feet crouched in a stance ready for anything. Ten carefully listens to all of the noise around her to determine if any attack is coming her way.

Whisper Knight
2017-10-01, 11:15 PM
"Damn it! Going all Leroy Jenkins, Ten?", Taranis said, as he also quickly flew into the building through the newly-crashed window. He spotted the lights, off from whatever the villains did. He could barely see the insides. This wasn't a good place to fight.

"Long shot, but..."

Taranis gestured to the lights, priming himself for lightning energy. The ancient Gauls that worshiped Taranis never knew electricity, but they're still basically the same thing as lightning.

He poured lightning energy into the lights, and with a few flickers, they turned on, maybe a little brighter than normal. That was intense. Not gonna be able to do that all the time..., he thought.

John Cribati
2017-10-01, 11:27 PM
Alloy

Alloy's fists clench, her fingers nearly ripping through her gauntlets. She couldn't think of any good reason to be kidnapping young girls. It takes all her willpower- and the knowledge that it wouldn't do much good if she couldn't see what she was doing- not to fly in after Ten. And then by some miracle, Taranis gets the lights on, and she has absolutelt no qualms about ripping the front door entirely off its hinges. Not even caring to assess the damage, she flies in, dozens of chunks of steel orbiting her like planets.

"This is your official warning: stop what you're doing and come quietly, or taste cold steel.

JeminiZero
2017-10-02, 01:04 AM
The shop windows only show off the merchandise and are sealed off from the building interior. In this case, you all went through the glass front door.

You all storm into the shop, and the lights turn on.

Unfortunately, Ten Mana does not understand any of the following, since it is all in English. Even the Shadowdancer's speech, because he assumed you learned the language.

"Freeze! Police!" To your collective surprise, the cop who was outside has followed you in, gun at the ready. He then shouts into his radio. "We have breached the Jewellers! Please bring that backup ASAP! "

The cop had seen 4 supervillains go in. Fade had reported dozens. The reason for the different numbers quickly becomes apparent. Aside from the supervillains and hostages, there are more than a dozen shadowy figures walking around. They are armed with picks and shovels, which they use to smash open the glass cases, before collecting the jewelry and shoving it into loot bags. In fact, they don't react to your entry and simply carry on with their task.

https://i.imgur.com/xJtpCvJ.jpg

Ten Mana: You recognize them as Shadow Puppets, summoned minions favored by the Shadowdancers. Although not much stronger than a common thug from Earth, they are completely disposable. Of course, without English, you can't actually communicate any of this to your teammates

There are a handful of hostages scattered around the area, but near the middle is a literal pile of hostages, all young women, unconscious and bound from head to toe in what you assume to be spider silk. You can only wonder what your enemies want them for. Mixed into the hostage pile, are the already filled bags of jewel loot.

Which brings us to the supervillains.

The gothic looking elf is the first to speak. "Ah! Ten Mana. I had heard you found some new friends, so I worked a little magic, and found a like-minded team of my own, dedicated to destroying the Blue Novas." He makes a sweeping gesture towards his comrades.
https://i.imgur.com/r1svhHH.jpg

Ten Mana: You recognize him as Umbragen, one of the Mages in the Shadowdancers. He is probably the one who summoned the Shadow Puppets. While you have never fought him in person, you hear from reputation that he is known for his tactical expertise and powerful battlefield magic, able to teleport squadrons around, and lay curses which can bring platoons to their knees.

The kidnapping suddenly makes sense. Shadow Mages are known for using human sacrifices to power some of their rituals.

The brute of a cyclops speaks next. "Balor was quite happy to hear about a plan to kill you all. Something about 'vanquishing enemies is one step towards conquest'. I have never slept so soundly in years."
http://i.imgur.com/p42PAJS.jpg

Taranis: This is of course, Scarlet Eye, Divine Vessel of Balor. In myth, he is well known for his singular eye, which can unleash destructive energy. But from your confrontation in the past, you also know that Scott Flanagan likes to show off his strength, by grabbing his opponents, and crushing them to death with his bare hands.

"Is Sixer there?" A voice asks loudly over a walkie talkie, carried by the spider girl. "Or do you prefer to be called Old Red now, you accursed wretch?"

Sixer/Old Red: You recognize the voice as belonging to Rick The Mad. For a techno-genius of his caliber, remotely hacking into the Traffic Control System would be a walk in the park.

The spider girl replies. "Yes Master. I recognize him from that photo you keep on the dart board."

"Ah good. Well then, feel free to introduce yourself."

"Master has named me Morty." The Spidergirl says with a polite curtsy.
https://i.imgur.com/fYwTelk.png

Sixer/Old Red: Rick The Mad has made hybrid monsters before. But all his past creations were little more than slavering beasts. This is the first one you've seen that has humanoid shape and intellect.

"As for you Magnet-Man and Ghost-Girl, you didn't have any enemies of note, so we just recruited whoever else we could find." The Balor Vessel gestures at the black-winged girl, while rolling his Scarlet Eye. "And got this cuckoo..."

"Okuu!" She waves energetically, wearing a manic smile, when she realizes they are talking about her. You notice a large crimson eye-like orb embedded in her chest.
https://i.imgur.com/VCBesY9.jpg
Note: In this picture she has her Arm Cannon, but in game, she has not summoned it yet.

An enemy none of you have seen before. Except for Fade, who saw her about a minute ago.

"Whatever. Anyway, together we form the Scarlet Eye Squad!"

"What?! The Shadowdancers of Bluestar is clearly the best name."

"No, no, no, we should be called Rick's Revengers." The walkie-talkie crackles.

"Nani?" Okuu looks around confused.

"Will you guys focus on the mission at hand?" Morty laments. "I still want to get back in time to watch Adventure Time."

The elf quickly regains his composure. "Yes, of course. Initiate Phase 1E!"

Roll for Initiative. Choose your starting position from columns I-L, rows 19-20.

Edit: If you roll higher than 17.75, you can post your action as well :smallsmile:

00|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|
01| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
02| | | | | | |0| | | | | | | | |0| | | | |
03| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
04| | |C|H| |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
05| | |C| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |C| |H|C|0| |
06| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
07| | | |0| | | | | | | |0| | | | | | | | |
08| | | | | | | | |1| | | | | | | | | | | |
09| | |C| | |C| | |C|H|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
10| | |C| |0|C| | |C|H|H|C| | |C| |H|C|0| |
11| | |C|H| |C| | |C|H|H|C| |0|C| | |C| | |
12| | |C|0| |C| | |C|H|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
13| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
14| | | | | |3| |2| | | |0| | | | | |0| | |
15| | |C|H| |C| | |C| | |C| |0|C| | |C| | |
16| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
17| | |C| | |C| | |C|0|H|C|4| |C| | |C| | |
18| | |C|0| |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |
19| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
20| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
--------------------|^|^|------------------

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet
1 = Umbragen
2 = Balor
3 = Morty
4 = Oku

Theme Song for this Fight: Nuclear Fusion-Artillery Fire Remix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l8g7pZY_5o)

JeminiZero
2017-10-02, 01:07 AM
Initiatives:

Morty: [roll0]
Okuu: [roll1]
Scarlet Eye: [roll2]
Umbragen: [roll3]

Average is 17.75.

spinningdice
2017-10-02, 05:11 AM
Fade
HP:1 | Status:Normal

Fade ducks straight behind a counter as she enters (I19).
She speaks quietly, "How about you guys do the heavy lifting, I'll try and get the hostages out?"

LimSindull
2017-10-02, 08:50 AM
Sixer
HP2/Status: OK

"Polaris Eternal!" Sixer's charge was short lived. He stopped (L19) as Rick's voice crackled over the radio.

How could I not see it that he was here? Of course Rick would be here. I guess it's time to do what I do best... Kill Morties.

Briare0s
2017-10-02, 10:41 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: One with Mana(or Normal), Mana Boosted Awareness, Mana Boosted Defenses

Mana Above! A Shadowdancer?! And Umbragen of all of them? Here?! I cannot let him get away.

Ten could not understand what the dark sorcerer was saying as she found it difficult to fully embrace people through Mana while also fighting them. This was something higher level members of the Hierophants could accomplish, but not her. While the Shadowdancer talked stood up slowly and pointed one of her Manablades straight at him.

"[I will return you to Mana's embrace!]"

Ten ran towards Umbragen ducking and dodging past the giant with one eye, spider girl, the hostages, and the shadow puppets. As she neared him she hopped onto the counters holding jewelry and then leaped over him slashing at him in mid-air.

Attack with Manablades [roll0]
Damage roll in case I hit[roll1]
She'll land on I9

Whisper Knight
2017-10-02, 11:18 PM
"Everyone, meet my arch-nemesis, Scott Flanagan, a.k.a., Scarlet Eye. He'll be our ugly entertainment for the evening!"

Taranis floated for a second [OOC: at I18], insulting his enemy.

"Wait..."

They have a plan to kill them? That... doesn't sound good. But, for right now, what's important is making sure the hostages are safe. Can't risk a Thunderous Roar, so he decided to go all in. Moving to the left, right in front of the other Divine Vessel, Taranis flexed his fist. Dashing towards Scarlet Eye, he threw a loud, thunderous punch!

He yelled in his childhood tongue of Breton-tinged French: "FRACASSE!!!!!"*

*"Smash." Yes, I am a My Hero Academia fan XD

Taranis, the Thunderer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22419293&postcount=11)
Hero Points: 1

Moving to H15.

(Hope I'm rolling this right)
Thunderous Smite: Close 15ft +7, Damage 13
[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-10-03, 12:24 AM
Round 1 NPC Saves

Okuu

Scarlet Eye
Toughness [roll0] vs 28
Edit: -1 Toughness and Dazed

Umbragen
Toughness [roll1] vs 22
Edit: No Change

Morty

JeminiZero
2017-10-03, 12:29 AM
Ten's blade bounces off Umbragen's Forcefield with no effect (made his save).

Taranis punch manages to take the wind out of Scarlet Eye (-1 Toughness and Dazed).

OOC: Still waiting for Alloy's starting position

02| | | | | | |0| | | | | | | | |0| | | | |
05| | |C| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |C| |H|C|0| |
07| | | |0| | | | | | | |0| | | | | | | | |
08| | | | | | | | |1| | | | | | | | | | | |
09| | |C| | |C| | |M|H|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
10| | |C| |0|C| | |C|H|H|C| | |C| |H|C|0| |
11| | |C|H| |C| | |C|H|H|C| |0|C| | |C| | |
12| | |C|0| |C| | |C|H|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
13| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
14| | | | | |3| |2| | | |0| | | | | |0| | |
15| | |C|H| |C| |T|C| | |C| |0|C| | |C| | |
16| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
17| | |C| | |C| | |C|0|H|C|4| |C| | |C| | |
18| | |C|0| |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |
19| | | | | | | | |F| | |S| | | | | | | | |
--------------------|^|^|------------------

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
T = Taranis
S = Sixer

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet
1 = Umbragen
2 = Balor
3 = Morty
4 = Oku

John Cribati
2017-10-03, 09:19 AM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: Normal, if slightly bemused.

"Uh..."

This was clearly a rather personal encounter for 3/5 of the team, and the odd arrangement (and odder behavior) of the villainous team takes Alloy aback for a few precious seconds. But she quickly blinks back her confusion and flies to back up Taranis, who is in opposition to be flanked by the spider-girl as well as his cyclopean nemesis.

[OOC: that's F18 if it's ok for her to hover over the counter. If not, H16]

[J19]

JeminiZero
2017-10-03, 09:24 AM
OOC: For the moment, I'm limiting starting position to I-L/19-20, around the entrance. But yes, Alloy can hover over the counter when her turn comes.

JeminiZero
2017-10-03, 10:43 AM
Round 1 NPC Attack Rolls:

Shadow Puppet Rolls

Start > End | Target
G02 > G05 | Mana [roll0]
P02 > P05 | Mana [roll1]
J05 > K08 | Taranis [roll2]
S05 > R08 | Mana [roll3]
D07 > B10 | Taranis [roll4]
L07 > M10 | Taranis [roll5]
E10 > E13 | Sixer [roll6]
S10 > S13 | Alloy [roll7]
N11 > P14 | Fade [roll8] (Miss because of Incorporeal)
D12 > E15 | Sixer [roll9]
L14 > M17 | Alloy [roll10]
R14 > Q17 | Sixer [roll11]
N15 > L14 | Alloy [roll12]
G16 > H19 | Fade [roll13] (Miss because of Incorporeal)
J17 > J18 | Alloy [roll14]
D18 > B18 | Fade [roll15] (Miss because of Incorporeal)

Shadow Puppet Saves
Reflex [roll16] Half Toughness DC to 20
Toughness [roll17] Made his toughness save! This is one lucky puppet!
Reflex [roll18]
Toughness [roll19]

Morty Attack Roll
[roll20]

JeminiZero
2017-10-03, 11:10 AM
Fade, Sixer and Alloy: Unless you have Uncanny Dodge, you are vulnerable for the first round, and have half active defences round up.

Edit: Scratch that. I think I might have the rules mixed up with 2nd ed. You get full Defences

Cop
The officer follows Taranis' lead, and fires a shot at Scarlet Eye. Unfortunately, it bounces off the cyclop's bulletproof skin.

Rick the mad
"Phase 1E? That's the one where I blow up the mall opposite, to force the Blue Novas to choose between saving folks from a burning building and stopping our escape right?"

Umbragen
"You're not suppose to say it until AFTER you've done it!"

"Whoopsie. I'll be done soon anyway." The walkie-talkie crackles, the klick-klack sound of rapid typing audible in the background.

Shaking his head, the Shadow Mage shouts a command in a foreign language, which elicits a response from the Shadow Puppets and Okuu. He then waves his hands, weaving together the somatic components of a potent spell. "Time Stop!"

A wave of temporal energy washes over you all, but leaves the villains unaffected. Instantly, the cop and hostage nearest to the front door freeze up.

All of you make a DC20 Dodge Save vs Area attack. Remember to include any bonus from Evasion. Fade and Sixer get a +2 Cover bonus from counters.

Next make a Will Save, DC20 if you failed the Dodge save, DC15 if you passed.
If you fail by 1 degree, you are Vulnerable and Dazed.
If you fail by 2 degrees, you are Defenseless and Stunned.
There is no 3rd degree.

Responding to their master's call, the Shadow Puppets stop their looting and start walking forward and attacking. Raising their arms, they launch a barrage of shadow bolts at the Blue Novas.

For each attack that hits, make a Rank 2 (or DC17) Toughness save. Remember to account for lowered defenses from Time Stop or Vulnerable. Note that these bolts don't strike Incorporeal, so Fade is safe.

Start > End | Target
G02 > G05 | Mana [22]
P02 > P05 | Mana [11]
S05 > R08 | Mana [13]

J05 > K08 | Taranis [14]
D07 > B10 | Taranis [10]
L07 > M10 | Taranis [21]

R14 > Q17 | Sixer [11]
E10 > E13 | Sixer [13]
D12 > E15 | Sixer [12]

S10 > S13 | Alloy [7]
L14 > M17 | Alloy [22]
N15 > L14 | Alloy [7]
J17 > J18 | Alloy [19] (This guy is subsequently killed by Scarlet Eye)

G16 > H19 | Fade [21] (Miss because of Incorporeal, this guy miraculaously made his save against Scarlet Eye's blast.)
N11 > P14 | Fade [15] (Miss because of Incorporeal)
D18 > B18 | Fade [7] (Miss because of Incorporeal)

Scarlet Eye
"I may be ugly, but... er... I can still kidnap a dozen young girls, and use their ovens to bake my bread!"

Fade: You realize that his voice was the one you heard earlier on, going from hostage to hostage and picking them out.

The Balor Vessel's signature eye momentarily glows a furious crimson, before unleashing a wave of destruction. The frozen cop is knocked unconscious, and most of the shop front is reduced to a burning rubble. Out on the streets, a row of cars parked nearest to the Jewellers are set aflame. Even a pair of Shadow Puppets who were standing in the way are not spared, although one somehow remains on his feet despite the onslaught. It also misses the hostage nearest the front door by a whisker.

Taranis, Fade, Sixer and Alloy: Make a second DC20 Dodge Save vs Area attack. Fade and Alloy get a +2 Cover bonus from the counters, but not Sixer.

Next make a Toughness Save, DC25 if you failed the Dodge save, DC20 if you passed.

Okuu
Okuu floats up into the air, and you realize that she can fly without actually beating her wings. A brilliant orange glow in the shape of a torus, begins to burn within the orb in her chest.

Fade: As a physicist, you recognize it as a miniaturized Tokamak Nuclear Fusion reactor.
She floats over to the hostage pile, and a cannon materializes on her right arm, which she points in your general direction.

Alloy: Your magnetic senses tell you that this cannon is metallic.
"Break Prominence!" She calls out, as a wall of bright yellow energy shots flood the area.

Taranis, Fade, Sixer and Alloy: Make a third DC20 Dodge Save vs Area attack. For this set, both Fade and Sixer get a +2 Cover bonus from the counters, but not Alloy.

Next make a 2nd Toughness Save, DC25 if you failed the Dodge save, DC20 if you passed.

Strangely enough, you notice she spares the downed cop.

Okuu is operating under the no-killing duel rules of her homeland. If you have already been incapacitated at this stage, her shots will ignore you.

Morty
Copying Ten Mana, the Spider girl makes her own impressive leap across the shop, and lands on the counter behind the cosmic monk. She proceeds to attack in flurry of claws and spider legs.

Morty Got a 21, and this is a multiattack.

If her attack roll equals or exceeds defenses by 0-4 points, make a DC 25 Toughness Save.
If her attack roll exceeds defenses by 5-9 points, make a DC 27 Toughness Save.
If her attack roll exceeds defenses by 10 or more points, make a DC 30 Toughness Save.

If Mana Ten is Defenceless, than add another +5 to the Toughness Save DC.

Hostages
The unfortunate customers and staff were considering making a break for the front door... until Scarlet Eye reduced the shop front to a heap of burning rubble. They are now paralyzed by fear and indecision, unsure of where to go.

In case it isn't obvious, when these guys say they have a plan to destroy you, they mean it.

02| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
05| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |C| | |C|0|H|C| | |
07| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
08| | | | | | | | |1| |0| | | | | | |0| | |
10| |0|C| | |C| | |3|H|H|C|0| |C| |H|C| | |
11| | |C|H| |C| | |C|4|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
12| | |C| | |C| | |C|H|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
13| | | | |0| | | | | | | | | | | | | |0| |
14| | | | | | | |2| | | |0| | | |0| | | | |
15| | |C|H|0|C| |T|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
16| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
17| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C|0| |C| |0|C| | |
18| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |
19| | | | | | | |0|F|A| |S| | | | | | | | |
---^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-------------
---B U R N I N G - R U B B L E

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
T = Taranis
S = Sixer
A = Alloy

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet
1 = Umbragen
2 = Balor
3 = Morty
4 = Oku

spinningdice
2017-10-03, 05:38 PM
Fade fades back to reality, flicks her staff back to life and strikes the puppet looming over her. [roll0] hoping it's not real enough to take much of a beating.

JeminiZero
2017-10-03, 09:17 PM
OOC: Note that the Shadow Puppets are minions. As such, you can take 10 on your attack roll to hit them. And the moment they fail any save, they are treated as suffering the worst effect. So failing a damage save by even 1 degree would instantly knock them out.

You can also use Takedown attack to attack a cluster of them, until one of them makes their save.

Edit: Ten gets a perception check.

Briare0s
2017-10-03, 09:35 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Dazed, Mana Boosted Awareness, Mana Boosted Defenses, - 1 Toughness

Ten easily defends herself against the multiple attacks from the Shadowdancer and his minions, but fails to effectively block or dodge the spider girl's attacks. Still up and ready to fight, Ten makes sure to pay attention to what is happening even as she is injured.

[roll]1d20+16

Briare0s
2017-10-03, 09:36 PM
Let's try again
[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-10-03, 09:49 PM
Fade's staff easily finds its mark, and the Shadow Puppet voicelessly falls to the ground, before dematerializing back into the ether.

Ten's ultra sharp senses let her notice that after her shoulder was jabbed by Morty's claws, something was left inside the wound. She would have to look into this later.

Round 2: PC Block
*Fade has acted

08| | | | | | | | |1| |0| | | | | | |0| | |
10| |0|C| | |C| | |3|H|H|C|0| |C| |H|C| | |
11| | |C|H| |C| | |C|4|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
12| | |C| | |C| | |C|H|H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
14| | | | | | | |2| | | |0| | | |0| | | | |
19| | | | | | | | |F|A| |S| | | | | | | | |
- -B U R N I N G - R U B B L E

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
T = Taranis
S = Sixer
A = Alloy

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet
1 = Umbragen
2 = Balor
3 = Morty
4 = Oku

Briare0s
2017-10-04, 07:13 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, Mana Boosted Defenses, - 1 Toughness, Arms of Mana activated

After noticing the thing inside her wound she decides she should try to finish things quicker or end up overwhelmed. Tapping deeper into Mana, she manifest 4 arms that sprout from behind her with them all holding etheral swords of different shapes and sizes made out of Mana.

If it's between the Shadowdancer sorcerer or the spider girl, I want to take down the Shadowdancer immediately.

Ten turns briefly towards Umbragen attacking him with a flurry of Manablades while coupling them with some power strikes in hopes of battering through his shield.

[roll0]

John Cribati
2017-10-04, 08:14 AM
Alloy

"Uh..."

Indecision is a terrible thing. Help her team? Help the hostages? Evacuate the mall? What first?

She falters for a half second before she realizes it shouldn't have even been a question.

Pulling metal from the burning cars outsode the building- they were already trashed so nobody could fault her for busting them up even further- she forms an approximation of a bulldozer blade.

This is what we're talking about here:
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Caterpillar/CM20130806-66412-18419?$cc-g$
According to the CAT website, these are 78 inches wide (6 and a half feet) and weigh 730 pounds, so she should at the very least be able to Transform a Car and Create it, if maybe not move it right away given the Dynamicness of the array.

She also mentally snags the radio from the cop's belt into her hand, hoping whoever is on the other end is still there.

"This is Alloy of the Blue Novas. Your officer is unconscious but alive. The assailants at the jewelry store plan to blow up the mall to cover their escape. I'm gonna do what I can to get them to evacuate, but I'm busy digging the hostages out here. If you can get a message to the mall, it would be much appreciated."

JeminiZero
2017-10-04, 08:58 AM
"They're gonna what?!" The Cop's radio responds "Don't they know that the entire area is gridlocked? The fire trucks won't be able to reach for another hour at least!"

John Cribati
2017-10-04, 09:36 AM
Alloy

"That's why I said get a message to them. Take over the TVs again, get into contact with mall security, use a phone. Ping everyone on social media. Use the same Alert system that makes everyone's phone go off when there's a flood warning. That was like 5 ideas off the top of my head. Use yours. Also we're a reasonably large city why dont y'all have at least one helicopter? And while I'm complaining about stuff for what it's worth that bat-signal thing was sarcasm."

LimSindull
2017-10-04, 01:21 PM
Sixer
HP 2 /Status: Dazed

Sixer's head rang from the cyclops's attack. His skin burned and his eyes watered. He barely ducked behind the counter before yellow light flashed overhead.

"We are back in business! Woo!" Sixer's blood pumped through his veins and his body started to respond to its injuries.

Forward and to the left. Angled down slightly.

Sixer pops over the counter and launches biomass from the ends of his extended arms.

Blast Attack
[roll0]
The blast is rank 8 power

Whisper Knight
2017-10-04, 07:41 PM
Taranis managed to dodge the brunt of the Shadow Mage's temporal magic, but was still hit by it, feeling dazed and less able to defend himself.

A few Shadow Puppets decided to turn their attention to him, one hitting him. Luckily, he blocked the hit smoothly.

But then... Scarlet Eye's signature weapon started glowing. Taranis tried to move out of the way from his nemesis' eye-beam, but couldn't get completely out of the way. Good thing he was already on the defensive, as the block he performed made him able to withstand the beam.

These villains weren't done yet. The raven-looking girl opened fire with her cannon. No need to block; Taranis made sure to move out of its way.

"If they're planning on destroying the mall, at least one of us should try and attempt an evacuation. I should stay here and deal with Scarlet Eye. Speaking of which!"

Taranis was still too dazed to move and attack at the same time, so he decided to go all in. His hand again flexed with divine power. But this next punch felt much stronger at the cost of accuracy.

"Encore! FRACASSE, PLUS FORT!!"

Taranis, the Thunderer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22419293&postcount=11)
HP: 0 (used in next post)

Power Attack, Thunderous Smite: Close 15ft +4, Damage 16
[roll0]

MERDE. NAT 1.

Whisper Knight
2017-10-04, 07:50 PM
Using my Hero Point to re-roll the Thunderous Smite!

Power Attack, Thunderous Smite: Close 15ft +4, Damage 16
[roll0]

Hope it's much better...

JeminiZero
2017-10-04, 08:52 PM
Round 2 NPC Saves

Okuu
[roll0] vs DC 23

Scarlet Eye
[roll1] vs DC 31

Umbragen

Morty

JeminiZero
2017-10-04, 09:13 PM
Round 2 NPC Saves reroll for Scarlet Eye

Scarlet Eye
[roll0] vs DC 31

JeminiZero
2017-10-04, 11:15 PM
"Unyu!" Okuu cries out, as Sixer's blast strikes her, but she is otherwise unharmed.

"Argh!" Scarlet Eye roars angrily. But he somehow manages to shake off the worst of the damage.

Taranis gets 1 HP.

Rick the mad
"3.. 2.. 1.. We have ignition!" The walkie talkie announces proudly.

Instantly, the shopping mall opposite explodes with an earth shattering kaboom.

Umbragen
"Now proceed to Phase 1F." Umbragen flies over next to Okuu, and then points a finger at the hostage and loot pile. A giant shadow hand appears, and scoops up a bunch of hostages and loot. Finally, the elf whispers someting to Okuu in a foreign language.

Okuu
Okuu nods and grabs Umbragen. Her entire being starts to glow brilliant orange. "Yatagarasu Dive!" She shouts before jetting off into the night sky, bringing Umbragen along, who in turn drags off a large chunk of the hostages and loot.

By the end of the their turn, they will be 1/2 a mile away. Unfortunately, nobody except for Taranis can match Okuu's flight speed.

Taranis: The name 'Yatagarasu' sounds vaguely familiar. You feel you might have heard of it from your history studies, but can't quite put your finger on where.
Conventionally, Move Object does not allow for action or reaction, which is to say that merely dragging Umbragen will not cause the hostage pile to be moved with him. More generally, Move Object does not explicitly provide rules for carrying the objects with you, while you move. This is a handwave case where I am using the Throw option, to throw the object a distance equal to movement speed, while Umbragen retains his 'grip' on it. This will also explain why Umbragen isn't simply carting the entire pile off although his move object is strong enough to lift it, because he needs 7 ranks buffer, to 'throw' the pile half a mile.

Scarlet Eye
"Hohoho!" The Balow Vessel bellows. "What will it be? Try to chase us, or save the people at the mall?" He taunts.

"Morty, grab the loot and lets go." The cyclops commands.

Morty
Morty sighs loudly. She grabs what remains of the hostages and loot next to her. She then leaps off into the night sky, with Scarlet Eye following closely after her.

Morty and Scarlet Eye are much slower, and will be 900ft away by the end of their turn. Either Taranis or Ten Mana can attempt to chase them.

Turn 3 start, the Blue Novas can act now.
Whoops, I forgot about the Shadow Puppets.

JeminiZero
2017-10-04, 11:25 PM
The Shadow Puppets, having received no new orders, continue their assault on the Blue Novas.

DC17 Toughness save for each that hits.

G05 | Mana [roll0]
P05 | Mana [roll1]
R08 | Mana [roll2]

K08 | Taranis [roll3]
B10 | Taranis [roll4]
M10 | Taranis [roll5]

Q17 | Sixer [roll6]
E13 | Sixer [roll7]
E15 | Sixer [roll8]

S13 | Alloy [roll9]
M17 | Alloy [roll10]
L14 | Alloy [roll11]

P14 | Fade [roll12] (Miss because of Incorporeal)
B18 | Fade [roll13] (Miss because of Incorporeal)

08| | | | | | | | | | |0| | | | | | |0| | |
09| | |C| | |C| | |M| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
10| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C|0| |C| |H|C| | |
11| | |C|H| |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
12| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
14| | | | | | | | | | | |0| | | |0| | | | |
19| | | | | | | | |F|A| |S| | | | | | | | |

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
T = Taranis
S = Sixer
A = Alloy

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet
1 = Umbragen
2 = Balor
3 = Morty
4 = Oku

OOC: Turn 3 start.

Briare0s
2017-10-05, 03:12 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, Mana Boosted Defenses, - 1 Toughness, Arms of Mana and Manablades activated

Ten curses as she is unable to stop the villains including the Shadowdancer from escaping. She does not miss a beat though as she dodges beneath a barrage of shadow bolts shot by Umbragen's remaining shadow minions. After a short acrobatic leap she lands on top of a counter between two of the minions. Using her six arms she swings at both of them at the same time.

Ten moves to L9 and multiattacks the minions on K8 and M10.
[roll0]
[roll1]

LimSindull
2017-10-05, 07:34 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status: -2 Toughness, not his best day. (slightly overwhelmed)
Starting in L19 and Ending in M18

"Aghh!" The shadow's bolt smashes into Sixer. Blood runs down his face and the familiar pressure of combat causes his hand to ripple.

Rick wasn't even in the room and he defeated me. He's back to killing and destruction. I've become too docile adapting to this world.

Sixer charges forward (M18) with his arm rippling upwards and away from his fist. "Worthless distraction!" His skin begins to spin as he drills his arm towards the shadow. (M17)

"They are gone! What is our priority Blue Novas? Saving the injured or stopping more from getting hurt?"

Take ten against the minion (M17)
Can I multi attack the take ten on one minion? If so, I would like to do that.

JeminiZero
2017-10-05, 09:50 PM
The Shadow Puppets go down quickly, before dissipating away into the ether.

Sixer and Ten Mana have acted

08| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |0| | |
09| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |M| | |C| | |C| | |
10| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |
17| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| |0|C| | |
18| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C|S| |C| |H|C| | |
19| | | | | | | | |F|A| | | | | | | | | | |

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
T = Taranis
S = Sixer
A = Alloy

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet

spinningdice
2017-10-06, 06:18 AM
Fade slips through the counter to E16 and drops the Puppet there, contemplating how to track the kidnappers.

JeminiZero
2017-10-06, 08:45 PM
Another Shadow goes down.

Perhaps if you examine the crime scene, they might have left some clues behind.

Sixer, Ten Mana & Fade have acted

09| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |M| | |C| | |C| | |
10| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |
15| | |C|H| |C| |T|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
16| | |C| |F|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
17| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| |0|C| | |
18| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C|S| |C| |H|C| | |
19| | | | | | | | | |A| | | | | | | | | | |

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
T = Taranis
S = Sixer
A = Alloy

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet

OOC: Waiting on Taranis and Alloy.

John Cribati
2017-10-08, 08:06 PM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: Normal, though probably screwed once the media gets a hold of this.

"Damn it." She hadn't expected the bombs to go off immediately. If only she'd-

No. You made a bad call, but there's still people that need help.

She swallows her guilt and starts moving her improvised plow to clear out the rubble, when burst of shadow energy glances off her armor, distracting her a split second. She turns in time to avoid a second, but then a third hits her, though once again, it's not effective.

Ignoring the grunts, and with a bit of effort, she manages to maneuver the blade to scoop out a path through the rubble for the remaining hostages to leave through. Then she flies across the street.

"I'm gonna go help evacuate the mall!" she calls to the rest of the team.

JeminiZero
2017-10-08, 09:41 PM
Hostages
As a gap in the burning rubble opens up, the hostages take the chance to flee for their lives.

Alloy gets a HP for clearing the rubble.

Morty
Morty lands on the road, causing a passing 'Aperture Science' truck to brake and swerve, as it tries to avoid hitting her.

Scarlet Eye
Scarlet Eye on the other hand, lands ON the truck, with enough force to cause its wheels to pop off.

Taranis takes off after his arch-enemy, and upon reaching him, fires a bolt of lightning at point blank range. The electricity misses Scarlet Eye, but hits the 'Aperture Science' truck he is standing on. The equipment inside is energized and a portal opens up, sucking both Taranis and Scarlet Eye (along with the Truck) into another dimension.

For the moment, they've been put on a bus (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PutOnABus). If Natheus comes back, both Taranis and Scarlet Eye will conveniently find exits back to the Earth dimension.

With the cyclop's disappearance, Morty looks around nervously. "Scarlet Eye is gone..."

"Morty! Get that loot back here at once!" Rick barks fiercely over the walkie talkie. Morty quickly resumes her super-leaping escape.

She will be 3600 ft away by end of this turn.

Umbragen and Okuu
The pair continue their swift flight, and quickly all hope of catching up with them fades away.

Without Taranis, nobody else can match their speed.

As before, the Shadow Puppets keep shooting at the remaining Blue Novas in the shop.

G05 | Mana [roll0]
P05 | Mana [roll1]
R08 | Mana [roll2]
B10 | Mana [roll3]

Q17 | Sixer [roll4]
S13 | Sixer [roll5]
L14 | Sixer [roll6]
P14 | Sixer [roll7]

E13 | Fade [roll8] (Miss because of Incorporeal)
B18 | Fade [roll9] (Miss because of Incorporeal)

03| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
04| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
05| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |
09| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|M| | |C| | |C| | |
10| |0|C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
11| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |
15| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
16| | |C| |F|C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |
17| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |C| |0|C| | |
18| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C|S| |C| | |C| | |
- -B U R N I N G

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
S = Sixer
A = Alloy

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet

The Mall
Alloy reaches the Mall to see the explosion has torn apart the lower floors of one half of the mall. The good news is that the other half is mostly intact, and that people are running down the stopped escalators. The bad news is that the panicking crowds might cause a stampede.

Make a Persuasion check to maintain order.

Turn 3 end, start of turn 4, PCs can act now.

JeminiZero
2017-10-09, 11:16 AM
Hero Point Improved Persuasion roll: (1d20)[11] with an implied +10 if applicable
Alloy's "please-don't-panic" speech turns out to be completely mediocre. Nonetheless, the knowledge that one of the Blue Novas is present, and watching over them helps calm the crowd slightly.

Knowledge: Engineering (Construction) to see how stable the building actually is: (1d20+7)[26]
The good news is that the intact half will remain standing for a long time to come.

The bad news is that the other half, that had its lower levels blown out, will collapse on its own weight shortly. It's hard to get an accurate estimate on something like this, but you guess that it will remain standing for a minute or two at most.

LimSindull
2017-10-09, 08:20 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status: Bruised (-1 toughness)

Sixer runs forward to draw fire away from the hostages. (Q18)

He yells, "Civilians, head to the street! We will deal with these creatures!" as his arm ripples and he drills it at the shadow in front of him.

Take ten multi attack on shadow at (Q17)

Briare0s
2017-10-10, 06:55 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, Mana Boosted Defenses, - 1 Toughness, Arms of Mana and Manablades activated

Ten feels a bit better as she destroys two of the shadow minions. The wound she received from the spider girl upset her, but she thought it would be best to focus on the fight at hand. She quickly leaped the closest shadow minion(L14) while dodging the blasts from other shadow minions. She then hit him with a flurry of blades slaying it in an instant.

Multiattack on the shadow minion:[roll0]

John Cribati
2017-10-10, 07:58 AM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: Normal, annoyed

On the one hand, it didn't seem to have been a huge bomb. But on the other, it had been well-placed. A collapse was imminent, though she had a little while. More important was to get everyone calm.

She ends up having to bang on her shield like a gong to get everyone's attention.

"Uh... Hi. It's Alloy. I'm here to help everyone get out, just... y'know, be nice and orderly and don't... trample each other and... stuff."

Honestly this was why herday job was in construction and not politics.

But it works well enough, and at least some semblance of order comes about. At least, for the first floor. She'll need to do something about the higher floors, too.

JeminiZero
2017-10-10, 10:44 AM
The two Shadow Puppets are torn to shreds by the flurry of attacks.

03| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
04| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
05| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |C| | |C|0| |C| | |
09| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |C| | |
10| |0|C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
11| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |
13| | | | |0| | | | | | |M| | | | | | |0| |
14| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |0| | | | |
15| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
16| | |C| |F|C| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |
17| | |C| | |C| |H|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |
18| |0|C| | |C| | |C| | |C| | |C| |S|C| | |
- -B U R N I N G

F = Fade
M = Mana Ten
S = Sixer
A = Alloy

C = Jewelry Counter
H = Hostage

0 = Shadow Puppet

OOC: Waiting for Fade

spinningdice
2017-10-11, 07:47 AM
Fade wants to go help the building across the way, but what could she do, her power didn't work on other people, and even it it did, how many could she grab before the place collapses. With a sigh, she steps forward (E14) and zaps another puppet.

JeminiZero
2017-10-11, 08:40 AM
Morty
With nobody on her tail, the spider-girl makes good her escape.

You each get a HP for prioritizing civilian protection.

As before, the Shadow Puppets continue their attack.

G05 | Mana [roll0]
R08 | Mana [roll1]
B10 | Mana [roll2]
P05 | Mana [roll3]

S13 | Sixer [roll4]
P14 | Sixer [roll5]

B18 | Fade [roll6] (Miss because of Incorporeal)

Suddenly, they vanish into thin air. The picks and shovels they were carrying, clatter noisily onto the ground.

Ten Mana: Sometimes, Shadow Mages summon their minions via temporary rituals. Such minions will dissipate after a few minutes, as has happened here.

OOC: Your first combat has ended. Unfortunately the villains got away... this time. But don't worry, you'll get your chance to hunt them down. :smallamused:

With the puppets gone, the rest of the hostages evacuate safely, and you are all free to run to...

The Mall
Half of the building has been untouched by the blast. The other half has had its lowest levels blown out. Fortunately, thanks to Alloy, shoppers are already evacuating in a somewhat orderly manner through the undamaged half.

Describe how your character wants to help out here, and roll any appropriate check. For example, if you want to keep the crowds orderly, roll Persuasion. If you want to search for trapped victims, roll Investigate. etc

Briare0s
2017-10-13, 06:42 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, Mana Boosted Defenses, - 1 Toughness

Once Ten sees that the shadow puppets have disappeared she deactivates her Mana arms and her Manablades, so she can speak and understand once more.

I really must learn to unite with others while using the Manablades. With more training I'm sure I could...

Ten will then call out to the others to ask what happened.

LimSindull
2017-10-13, 08:08 PM
Sixer
HP3/Status: Bruised (-1 toughness)

Inferior creatures. Sixes breathes out and in to calm himslef. His arm stops rippling as he looks around the room.

"Our enemies have run off. This whole thing was a trap!"

Sixer turns towards the path cleared by Alloy and begins to make his way across the street, stopping to heal any injured along the way.

"Our companion needs us. And these wea... people need to see us helping them. Act victorious despite how you feel." Sixer shouts to Fade and Ten Mana as he begins to let his skin crawl onto and heal injured victims.

John Cribati
2017-10-13, 11:15 PM
Alloy
2->1 HP| Status: Normal

Ok, well everyone was at least not pushing each other, but there was still little chance everyone could get out before the building blew. She could use some metal from the cars to add some stability, but she'd used most of the already-wrecked cars to dig out the jewelry store, and she'd need a lot more than that for what she had planned.

She's almost resigned to having to use the other, whole cars lined up on the street...

[Use 1 HP to Edit Scene]

But then notices the half-built extension to the mall, left abandoned for the moment, and more importantly, the several steel beams lying there.

Pulling one of them closer, she breaks it apart, reshaping it into a supporting structure for the ailing building.

That's a Create effect to shore up the weaker parts of the building. I figure her earlier knowledge check would be enough to figure where it would be needed the most.

JeminiZero
2017-10-14, 03:15 AM
Alloy
You work over the next few minutes, pulling metal from the incomplete and uninhabited extension, to prop up the main structure. Fortunately, you have enough construction experience to recognize which are the key load bearing columns, which were badly damaged by the blast, and therefore need reinforcement.

You suddenly have an idea of how Magneto feels, when he is moving buildings around.

The building is no longer collapsing, but the work will keep Alloy occupied for the rest of the evacuation.

Also as noted in my previous post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22466918&postcount=70), Alloy does get a HP along with everyone else, so she has 1 HP now.

Sixer
Most of the people running out of the mall are those who are uninjured, other than some minor cases of smoke inhalation. Unfortunately, the really badly injured cases are likely buried among the rubble.

Sixer, Fade and Ten Mana can roll an Investigate check to search for injured in the rubble.

Briare0s
2017-10-15, 10:24 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, - 1 Toughness

Ten saw the destruction and immediately felt guilty for not being able to stop the Shadowdancer in time. She decided it would be best to help the others look for any injured people that could have been buried under the rubble.

"I now help go look."

The translation was off as usual, but it got the message across. She began combing through the rubble for survivors.

Int check: [roll0]

LimSindull
2017-10-17, 07:03 PM
Sixer
HP3/Status: Normal

Sixer moves towards the collapsed areas trying to see where there might be a collapsed room underneath the rubble.

[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-10-17, 09:48 PM
GM Note: Spinningdice has dropped out, so I will put Fade on NPC auto-pilot for a bit.

Mall
Digging through the rubble, the Blue Novas manage to find several people on the verge of death. But Sixer's healing stabilizes them. They thank you profusely. One of them, a middle aged overweight man in a tuxedo, hands Ten Mana a card. "Hey girl, if you want a job, come see me when this is over."

Ten
Glancing at the card, you realize to your utter dismay that it reads, "Warvey Heinstein, Studio Executive".

Eventually, the Blue Novas manage to evacuate all the civilians in the mall. And you hear the distant sirens of slowly approaching police cars and fire trucks, making their way through the gradually clearing gridlock.

We now come to the detective/puzzle solving part of the game. Describe what you want to try and roll an appropriate check. If you want ideas, your characters can also discuss amongst themselves.

If you want to try anything else, just let me know. :smallsmile:

Briare0s
2017-10-18, 08:49 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, - 1 Toughness

"Thanks Thanks!" she said to the strange man. She pocketed the card and decided to have a quick look at the scene of the crime to see what she could find. Her eyes still glowed softly as Mana improved all of her senses.

Rolling Perception: [roll0]

John Cribati
2017-10-18, 10:53 PM
Alloy

Honestly, Alloy feels a little awkward. The team had barely formed when the majority of the team's arch-nemeses crawled out of the woodwork at once. And while the situation couldn't be spun against her for the moment, it did leave her wondering what exactly to do with herself at the crime scene.

With nothing better to do, she scouts around looking for anything that could stand out as a clue, both with her eyes as well as her magnetic senses- maybe some weird tech got left behind

Perception: [roll0]

Perception (Metal Detector) to look for any gizmos or gadgets that might be clue-like in nature: [roll1]

JeminiZero
2017-10-18, 11:05 PM
The first clue is fairly obvious: All over the Jewellers, lie the discarded picks and shovels, dropped by the Shadow Puppets when they were either killed or unsummoned. The equipment all appears to be from the same manufacturer. But from their aged and musty quality, they were clearly not made recently.

The next clue is much harder to spot. There are traces of an unusual dried mud all over the shop. Considering how Bluestar Grand Jewellers is normally squeaky clean, you guess the mud must have been brought in very recently, by a bunch of unwashed supervillains.

Fade gathers some of the mud up in a test tube. "I shall take this back to my Laboratory for analysis."

Ten Mana
You feel a dull pricking in your shoulder. You remember Morty had injected something inside there.

LimSindull
2017-10-19, 07:05 AM
Sixer
HP3/Status: OK

Having taken care of the civilians, Sixes turns his attention to his companions.

"Alloy, are you ok? Are you hurt?"

He turns to Ten Mana and Fade, "Are either of you hurt or require assistance?"

Briare0s
2017-10-19, 08:53 PM
Ten
2 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, - 1 Toughness

"Yes. Look at this wound with me, Sixer?" Ten asked as she pointed at it.

She had previously forgotten about the wound, but now she had remembered something wrong with it.

JeminiZero
2017-10-19, 09:24 PM
Even with zero medical training, you can see quite clearly the wound has a ball of... something, about half an inch in diameter, shoved into it.

OOC: If you use healing, the wound will close with the ball trapped inside. Any of you can remove it without needing to roll.

LimSindull
2017-10-20, 05:40 PM
Sixer
HP3/Status:OK

"Here, let me look."

Sixer reaches out to remove the ball from Ten Mana's shoulder.

I'll make a technology check to see what this is.
[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-10-20, 08:34 PM
You carefully extract what appears to be a crumpled ball of non-sticky spider web, albeit soaked in Ten's blood. You carefully unfurl the ball, and spread it out, trying not to tear any of the slender silk. At the outermost edges, it resembles the common net pattern of every other spiderweb. But towards the centre, some writing appears.

Think Charlotte's Web
https://i.imgur.com/m99Nk3V.gif
Except that the text is not some pig.

At first glance, it appears to be some sort of chemical formula. You wonder what it all means.

Unfortunately that Tech roll is too low.

Fade takes a picture of the web. "I shall take this back to my Laboratory for analysis."

Having crawled their way through traffic, the police finally arrive and start cleaning up. A couple of them whisper to each other when they catch sight of Alloy, but no action seems to come of it.

A detective approaches you, carrying a pen and notebook. "Hello Blue Novas. I've had a word with the eyewitnesses, and that has given us a pretty good idea of what has happened. Unfortunately, someone seems to have hacked and disabled all the security cams in the area, so we don't have any camera footage. But here are the night's events as we understand:"

"1) The lights go out"

"2) Supervillains storm the place, and start grabbing loot and kidnapping hostages."

"3) You arrive and turn the lights back on."

"4) They respond by making a big hole in the shop front, blowing up the mall, and fleeing into the night with their ill gotten gains."

"All that sound about right?"

Feel free to add-on what you want.

The detective nods. "Now let's proceed to what we don't know."

"1) What can you tell me about the villains involved? We don't have records on any of them except Scarlet Eye, who I understand is now in another dimension anyway."

"2) Any clues as to where is their hideout?"

"3) Most importantly of all, why on earth did they kidnap hostages?"

Let the wild speculation begin. If you have nothing to add, just have your character chime in and say 'nothing to add' so that I know you are ready to move on.

John Cribati
2017-10-20, 09:31 PM
Alloy

Brushing off Sixer's offer to heal her non-existent wounds and generally feeling unable to contribute to the investigation, Alloy had decided to make herself useful and clear out some more rubble from the storefront. Of course, that left her the job of fielding questions. She really had to make sure this didn't become a precedent.

"Well, we're on the same page when it comes to most of that knowledge, but I can add that Scarlet Eye preferred the female, 18-30 demographic for his hostages, and there's only a few reasons I could imagine. Which, incidentally, is why we need to get moving, which we will once the team can figures out where to."

JeminiZero
2017-10-20, 10:04 PM
"Females, 18 to 30." The detective repeats after Alloy, as he scribbles in his notebook. "Geez man. Does one of them supervillains want to setup a rape dungeon or something?"

Fade
At the mention of figuring out where to go, Fade shakes her head. "Unfortunately, it will take me several hours at least, to analyze what we found."

OOC: When you are done, you can choose to follow Fade back to her lab and wait for results, or to agree to meet again the next morning.

LimSindull
2017-10-21, 02:10 PM
Sixer

If you are Ok with it, I will heal your wound.

Sixer's whole body ripples when he looks at the police.

He walks away from them and moves towards some of the dropped mining equipment and inspects them.

These are too primitive to be Rick's work. Perhaps they were collected from the hideout.

Sixer's looks to see if there are names written on the tools.

I guess this is an investigation check. [roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-10-21, 07:05 PM
The tools all seem to come from the Bluestar Pick-and-Shovel Company. Unfortunately, since you are not a native of this dimension, you have no idea where your arch-enemies might have obtained this gear.

Alloy gets an Expertise-Construction check to recall facts about Bluestar Pick-and-Shovel Company.

Also, since Sixer got a natural 20, I'll give you a hint.

Thinking about it, a question suddenly pops into your mind: Why would the Shadow Puppets which can fire powerful bolts, bother to use picks and shovels?

JeminiZero
2017-10-21, 08:02 PM
Expertise: Construction (1d20+7)[15]

Alloy remembers the name from her Grandparent's stories. They were a small company, which mostly sold locally, but went bust sometime before WW1.

Unfortunately, you don't recall your grandparents mentioning where their company offices were located, or who they sold to.

Briare0s
2017-10-21, 11:04 PM
Ten
2 HP, Status: a little hurt, Mana Boosted Awareness, - 1 Toughness

"Thanks Sixer"

Ten graciously accepts the healing. She does not speak to the cops as the translations can be a bit funny, and she did not need them misinterpreting her again. She decides to follow Fade to see what she finds out about the thing in her wound. Whatever it was made her curious.

"I return to lab with you." she said.

John Cribati
2017-10-22, 09:01 AM
Alloy

"This is... A really old bankrupt company from what I remember."

Alloy turns the pickaxe over in her hand, trying to call on the memory of whatever she'd been told about the ancient company, but eventually gives up. Bur something else struck her.

What if they were digging for something?

She doesn't share her suspicion with the team just yet-
it might amount to nothing at all. But it wouldn't hurt to see if an older map of the city would hold some clues.

JeminiZero
2017-10-22, 10:28 AM
Fade
Fade leads you back to her laboratory. At first, the rest of you gawk at her while she tinkers around. After a while, she speaks. *Ahem* "Say, there is a public library just a few blocks down. You guys should totally go there and dig through their archives for valuable intel. And not because I don't like being watched while I work. Come back in 3 hours."

Those who want to research at the library, please make an Investigate check, or Int check if you have no Investigate ranks.

If you want to try something else within 3 hours, let me know.

John Cribati
2017-10-23, 12:29 PM
Alloy

Still unsure about her hypothesis, Alloy uses a search engine to pore through for old maps of the area, focusing on the area where the Blue star Grand Jewelers currently sits.

Technology: [roll0]
Intelligence: [roll1]

JeminiZero
2017-10-23, 06:43 PM
(1d20+5)[16]
The Library
Digging through old records, you quickly find a few relevant facts:

The Bluestar Pick-and-Shovel company was founded at the start of the Industrial Revolution, and went bust just before WW1. The main office / warehouse / forge was located in the Western side of the city. But it has long since been demolished to make way for urban expansion. Nonetheless, some old news clippings report that a stock of equipment has been archived at the Bluestar Museum of Local History.

Additionally, while it operated, its main customer was the Bluestar West Mountains Coal Mine. The Mines also went bust before WW1, but there should be a cache of equipment leftover in the abandoned tunnels.

Still unsure about her hypothesis, Alloy uses a search engine to pore through for old maps of the area, focusing on the area where the Blue star Grand Jewelers currently sits.

Technology: (1d20+3)[20]
Intelligence: (1d20+1)[4]

The old maps show that the area where the Jewelers is located has always been an upmarket commerce district. But otherwise, there doesn't seem to be anything of particular note.

Well that's a refill if I've ever seen one...

Intelligence reroll: (1d20+3)[13]

OOC: Base Int should be +1, so this comes to 11 + 10 from HP = 21.

There is nothing of note in the area around the Jewelers. Since you're spending a HP, I'll let you apply the results to researching the Coal Mines

The Bluestar West Mountains Coal Mine was opened at the dawn of the Industrial Revolution, and was instrumental in turning Bluestar City into a major port. The coal ultimately ran out, and the mines were abandoned some time before WW1.

In the 1950s, some kids wandered in on a dare and got lost, resulting in a major search operation. As a result, Bluestar city officials had gates and fences installed at all the mine entrances. Notably however, the Mines went bust just before mass electrification was rolled out across the nation, and consequently, there are no lights installed. The newspaper articles on the search for the children indicates that the rescuers had to bring their own lamps.

Since that time, the mines have languished, a forgotten relic of a bygone era.

Fade
You return to Fade's lab, where she greets you with a wide grin, and a printed wikipedia page. "Hey guys, I figured it out! That mud trace the villains left behind was mining slag! I think they are holed up in some of Mine."

"As for the chemical formula on Morty's web ball, well it's actually 2 separate formulas cramped into the space. The first is an electromagnetic pulse fuel - or EMP for short. Basically, when ignited, it will fry all unshielded electronics in the area."

"The second formula is more dangerous: Acetone-Radon-Orthophosphate-2-Nitro-Ethyl-Epoxate, better known as ARO-2-NEE." Fade reads from the wikipedia printout. "It is a powerful gaseous contact nerve agent which causes full body paralysis. However, unique among nerve agents, it somehow leaves the respiratory and heart muscles unaffected, and doesn't kill the target."

"What do you guys make of it?"

Sixer/Old Red: The 2 chemicals above sound like things which Rick The Mad has used before, back in the apocalyptic war which destroyed your homeworld.

Briare0s
2017-10-23, 08:39 PM
Ten
2 HP, Status:fine

Ten winces as she hears about the web ball. She was just happy she did not have that in her if it became active.

"ThatSorry about search? I not good with the technology here." Ten says sheepishly, "We go or not go to Mines?"

JeminiZero
2017-10-23, 09:15 PM
Ten winces as she hears about the web ball. She was just happy she did not have that in her if it became active.
OOC: I should clarify: The chemicals were not infused into the web. They were written on the web (like Charlotte's Web). The web itself is entirely non-toxic.

LimSindull
2017-10-25, 06:48 PM
Sixer

"Impressive work everyone." Sixer's words are sincere, but his manner is downtrodden.

"It appears that I have failed this world... that chemical can be devestating. When I started hunting Rick there were ten of me. Slowly, every one of my counterparts succumbed to an act of an ARO-2-NEE. With a Mort nearby to finish us off, it could be devestating."

Sixer looks up and smiles. "I don't know what will happen to me if I die in this world, but if we can keep it from turning into mine, it would be the best thing."

"This is your home Alloy, what should we do?"

JeminiZero
2017-10-25, 07:22 PM
Fade

"With a Mort nearby to finish us off"

"Wait, when you say A Mort, do you mean he has more than one Mort?" Fade scratches her head. "Like he names EVERY creation Morty?"

OOC: That would be an interesting twist on Rick's character. :smallamused: Regardless, keep in mind that this is the first time Sixer has seen Morty the spidergirl, as mentioned here:

Sixer/Old Red: Rick The Mad has made hybrid monsters before. But all his past creations were little more than slavering beasts. This is the first one you've seen that has humanoid shape and intellect.

LimSindull
2017-10-26, 06:41 AM
Sixer

"Materialized Organism Requiring Transmissions. Most Mortys are little more than a door stop or similar to those shadow creatures. Barely mindless creatures.This one went toe to toe with Ten Mana, I'm not sure I could do that. I am certain he named this one only to spite me. He uses every tactic to win. I will warn you, he has no code and sees everything as a tool for his own gain."

"Still, why would he give us those formulas?"

JeminiZero
2017-10-26, 08:46 AM
Sixer/Old Red: You vaguely recall that your World-Ending War was triggered when Rick assassinated a World Noble in public daylight. The World Government treated this as an act of war, and threw everything they had at Rick.

As you well know, they lost.

Fade

"I am certain he named this one only to spite me."
"I don't know." Fade shrugs. "It reminds me of that bit in Forrest Gump where he names all his boats Jenny."

"Still, why would he give us those formulas?"
"I think you mean 'she'." Fade points out. "Morty is a 'she'. Or at least the current one is."

LimSindull
2017-10-26, 06:27 PM
Sixer

"Are you suggesting Morty did this on her own?I've never seen one act without Rick's instructions. I would think it was him, toying with us."

John Cribati
2017-10-26, 06:30 PM
Alloy

Alternate universe nonsense. Something that was part of murdering the guy who can regenerate. Multiple Sixers. And here she was, a girl barely into her twenties, alongside two people from another universe and a ghost scientist trying to stop it.

Wow. Wow. Okay. Gimme about thirty seconds?

After taking a deep breath, she encases her head in an opaque bubble of solid steel. Though the barrier would be nominally soundproof, several muffled screams and expletives still make their way past.

After her alloted thirty seconds, though, she banishes the construct, claps her gauntleted hands against the sides of her helmet, and takes a deep breath.

If Morty gave us the formulas, wishful thinking, she's sentient enough not to want the world to die, worst and more likely case Rick already altered the formula and set up these clues to mess with us. I'd rather not get distracted by that. More importantly, we vaguely know where they are, vaguely know what they're trying to do, and- she nods toward Sixer- slightly more concretely know the end result if we let them succeed. So we're gonna stop them, because we have to. Also if we're gonna be a team, I need some kind of reference document of all your rogues.

JeminiZero
2017-10-26, 07:28 PM
Fade

More importantly, we vaguely know where they are, vaguely know what they're trying to do

"Huh? We do?" Fade scratches her head. "Sorry, if I'm a bit slow, I figure they're in the abandoned mines, but what exactly are they vaguely trying to do?"

OOC: To be clear, I'm intentionally playing Fade as dense. So that she doesn't wholesale solve the puzzle for you guys. :smallbiggrin:

"Also, if we are going to the Mines, should we prepare anything?"

For this segment, you can use HP to buy the Equipment Advantage. And you can distribute the equipment among the team. E.g. If you think you need Handcuffs (1 ep), you can spend 1 HP to get 5 ep, and spend 4 ep to buy 4 handcuffs, and distribute them to the team. And then spend the last 1 ep on something else. As before, ep can only be spent on things which money can buy.

John Cribati
2017-10-26, 08:06 PM
Alloy

Fade"Huh? We do?" Fade scratches her head. "Sorry, if I'm a bit slow, I figure they're in the abandoned mines, but what exactly are they vaguely trying to do?"

Well, that's a contradictory statement, but to answer your question, something, something kill us, and then something, something destroy the world, which may or may not include a something, something human sacrifice in there somewhere. Speaking of which, do you have to breathe in the ARO gas thing, or does it get you just by getting on your skin?

JeminiZero
2017-10-26, 08:30 PM
Fade

"It can get in through skin, but obviously, the effect is a lot stronger if you breath it in."

Briare0s
2017-10-27, 02:33 PM
Ten

"Hmm...Shadowdancers really dangerous. They grow further further void darkness till they are one. If you fight be one with Mana. Horrible is the pull of void darkness."

Ten Mana shivered at the thought. To reach further into the Syn is to grow cold. It is to give up your humanity piece by piece until only Syn dwelt within. She had only heard stories of those who reached the epitome of Syn devouring everything around in a deranged uncontrollable state in hopes of fulfilling its dark desires. It was never enough as Syn was want personified and it could only corrupt anything it touched into more Syn. She did not tell Alloy this as she hoped that no Shadowdancer would possibly arrive that was worse than the dreaded Umbragen.

LimSindull
2017-10-28, 07:44 AM
Sixer
HP3/Status:Afraid of Alloy

Sixes steps away from Alloy as she covers her head in metal.

If she could get that around Rick... problem solved.

"I once met a woman that spoke of a hot liquid spewing forth from underneath the ground. Could they be trying to bring that up to wash over the city?"

"Fade, can ARO be filtered from the air by any breathing apparatus that you have at this time? Or will we need to have our own supply of clean air."

"Ten, I'll take you up on that Mana training if you think it will help."

JeminiZero
2017-10-28, 10:13 AM
Fade

"I once met a woman that spoke of a hot liquid spewing forth from underneath the ground. Could they be trying to bring that up to wash over the city?"
"What? You mean Lava? I think such an attack would need an active volcano or something."

"Fade, can ARO be filtered from the air by any breathing apparatus that you have at this time? Or will we need to have our own supply of clean air."
"ARO-2-NEE can be filtered out by a standard gas mask. Small amounts can still get in through skin, unless you wear a hazmat suit." Fade reads off the wikipedia printout.

Gas Masks and Hazmat Suits each cost 1 ep per person.

LimSindull
2017-10-28, 12:10 PM
Sixer

"Fade, can I use one of your devices to contact the owner of Old Red's store. He may be willing to allocate some money for the Blue Novas. I can tell him we need gas masks and hazmat suits. What else?"

Just trying to make it viable since we will probably be using my HP points to buy the equipment.

JeminiZero
2017-10-28, 06:01 PM
Fade
"Sure. You can use that phone."

OOC: Currently I am hand-waving that you have the funds available, without needing to call up anybody. But you are free to play it that way if you want.

Incidentally, once NPC Fade's role as scientific advice dispenser comes to an end, she will be put on a bus (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PutOnABus). So you don't need to buy her equipment.

John Cribati
2017-10-28, 07:15 PM
Alloy

Think we can scrap an old gadget for metal? If you all wear a bracelet or something, I'll be able to tell where you are for a certain distance.[/QUOTE]

JeminiZero
2017-10-28, 07:37 PM
OOC: You need the bracelets to be made of rare but cheap-ish metals, to tell them apart from everything else. So you still need to spend 1 ep.

Briare0s
2017-10-29, 12:28 AM
Ten

Ten gets a little excited as she gets to teach Sixer how to embrace Mana.

"First sit down and breathe you must. Then maybe you will learn how to embrace Mana. Later if done regularly you may just be able to fully embrace Mana like I can," she talks in a dignified way trying to inject the same wisdom her teachers had.

LimSindull
2017-10-30, 06:18 PM
Sixer
HP3/Status:Concentrating

Sizer sits down and begins to breathe. He stares at Ten Mana blankly. Slowly he closes his eyes.

At first images rush through his mind too fast to decipher anything. After a while, his mind turns towards the fight from earlier.

The lights were dark...before they got there. The surrounding street lights were damaged without any physical evidence. They can attack the power sources using Rick's equation.We need something that can give light without electricity. Something natural? We can't run in blind, that can get us killed. Just like Fiver... Just like Ten!

"Permission to speak freely!"
Sixer barks as his eyes shoot open and his skin ripples.

JeminiZero
2017-10-30, 10:19 PM
OOC: Who are you asking for permission?

JeminiZero
2017-10-31, 11:00 AM
Fade
"Sure, go ahead and speak." Fade says with a shrug. "I don't think any of us would stop you anyway."

Briare0s
2017-10-31, 11:11 AM
Ten

Ten sits up excitably.
"Meditations tell you anything? Anything really interesting?" Ten asked.

LimSindull
2017-10-31, 05:34 PM
Sixer
HP3/Status:Angry

Sixer stands up and points at Ten Mana, "You charged recklessly into an unknown situation!"His skin ripples from his finger across his body.

"We didn't have a plan or know much of anything inside! There were weak creatures capable of being slaughtered scattered throughout! It was a trap! It's the same thing Taranis did and he got sucked away into a portal! That kind of recklessness gets people killed in these situations!"

"What kind of warrior abandons caution?"

Briare0s
2017-11-01, 12:26 PM
Ten

Ten hears Sixer's complaints and considers them for a second. She admittedly did act a bit too emotional at time, but she felt it all worked out in the end. She responds with the same tone of patience as before.

"Rushing ahead reckless is reckless, but often Mana calls to act. Impossible to predict what happens later, Sixer,"

LimSindull
2017-11-01, 05:47 PM
Sixer
HP3/Status:Still angry

Sixer's skin ripples away from his face as he smiles.

"It's not always impossible. We can guess correctly! Have you ever fought your shadow people before? Taran is had fought Scarlett Eye right?" We plan and get an idea. Like, Rick can knock out electricity. So we need non electric light. Are there things that you need to tell us about your friends? Or do we just let it be because mana calls for us to die?"

Briare0s
2017-11-01, 07:53 PM
Ten

"Friends? Not is my friends. They are the enemies of all things beloved by Mana. A few low level Shadowdancers I've fought. Only at one time. They not have Umbragen power. If we fight Shadowdancers, let me handle them. It not safe for others without Mana." Ten feels some anger frothing off Sixer she tried reassuring him, "If I must die, I will. Fighting dangerous is dangerous, but I will win over Shadowdancers."

Ten finishes with absolute conviction.

JeminiZero
2017-11-01, 09:21 PM
Fade

"Like, Rick can knock out electricity. So we need non electric light."
"If you want non electric lights, you could try glow sticks. In fact, I probably have some spare straps lying around, which you could use to tie some glow sticks into headlamps."

LimSindull
2017-11-03, 06:48 PM
Sixer
HP0/Stauts: OK

"Alright then, if there's nothing you need to bring forward..."

Sixer turns his back to the others.

"Let's get our gear."

JeminiZero
2017-11-03, 08:59 PM
The Mines
Theme Song: Arcanum Mines (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS724xs1UTk)

As you approach the Mine entrance closest to the city, you see that it's gate has been ripped away. Additionally, although there are no electric lights at all, the tunnels are lit by what appear to be a series of empty glass spheres, which glow without any apparent power source - likely some form of magic, conjured by Umbragen. It seems that your enemies are indeed hiding here.

You each get a HP for tracking down your enemies.

Sixer has spent 2 HP, for 10 ep on the following:

*3 ep: 3 masks
*3 ep: 3 hazmat suits
*3 ep: 3 glowsticks mounted as headlamps
*1 ep: 2 metal bracelets for Alloy tracking

Sixer should have 1 HP leftover. Plus the one just gained, Sixer should now have 2 HP.

Describe whether you are wearing your masks and hazmat suits, and whether you activate your glowsticks before going down the tunnels.

But before you enter, a police van pulls up outside the mine entrance. The back door opens, and heavily armored SWAT troopers hop off the vehicle.

One of them waves at you. "Hey Blue Novas! I guess you guys had the same ideas as us. Those picks and shovels were a dead giveaway. Those villains had to be hiding in the abandoned mines! What say we go in together and get those sons of witches?"

Briare0s
2017-11-03, 10:16 PM
Ten
3 HP, Status:Uniting with the Cosmos

Ten began to walk ahead until a thought occurred to her. Sixer had became quite irritated at her previous behavior. Maybe meditating before battle this time would be adequate preparation. She settled down near the entrance for a few minutes by herself. She quickly went through the process of her breath slowing, her muscles relaxing, her very being slowly suffusing itself into the greater cosmic energy of all things. Once properly detached from everything, she tried her best to direct her awareness down the mines. She knew that the Shadowdancer's powers should act as a dark beacon that should lead her to her target unless Umbragen did something to counter her.

JeminiZero
2017-11-03, 11:03 PM
The good news is you detect Umbragen's Magic running through the mines. The bad news is that you can't tell whether it's because Umbragen is in there... or because he predicted you would try something like this, and is obscuring his presence by placing a bunch of magically-infused glowy glass orbs all over the place.

Fade
"I think one of us should talk to the cops."

Fade will shortly be put on a bus, but for now, she is still around, if you want to use her for something.

John Cribati
2017-11-03, 11:54 PM
Alloy

Alloy looked, to put it mildly, like an idiot.

It was bad enough that she had to wear her hazmat suit under her armor- and a little disheartening that Sixer and Ten didnt quite understand what magical girl was. Worse still was that she had to screw with her helmet's design to incorporate the glow stick... flashlight... thing. At least they were wearing their bracelets. She'd be able to sense the unique alloy (hee hee) combinations around their wrists with her eyes closed. Not that she needed her eyes open in the first place.

In any case, she could at least locate either of her teammates if light wasn't an option.

Before they can enter the mines, however, Alloy notices a very van-shaped hunk of metal coming her way, carrying pieces of gun-shaped metal and bulletproof-vest shaped metal.

Great.

At least they address her with respect, even though she doesnt give many orders so much as guidelines.

"Don't let me stop you from doing your job. Just aim away from civilians and have a contingency for all your devices suddenly shutting off.

JeminiZero
2017-11-04, 05:43 AM
SWAT
"Alright then." The SWAT leader nods, before turning to his men. "You heard the man. Get ready to lock and load! Russell! Put away that photo of your family. Yes, I know your wife just had a baby girl, but focus on the mission at hand. Billy, I know you are retiring in a few days and this could be your last mission, but give it your best in there. The Blue Novas are with us! What could possibly go wrong?"

He turns back to you. "By the way, what do you mean when you say 'devices suddenly shutting off'?"

John Cribati
2017-11-04, 06:18 AM
Alloy

"One of these guys is a mad scientist with, like, a super-EMP that he used to knock the lights out for several blocks around the Jewelry store this morning. And... wow, I forgot to mention the paralyzing nerve gas that. Actually... Maybe hold off on joining us, see of you can get some suits and gas masks first?

Honestly the last thing she needed was to lead them to their own demise, now that she thought about it.

JeminiZero
2017-11-04, 07:35 AM
SWAT
"N...nerve gas?" The colour drains from the SWAT leader's face. "Unfortunately, we don't have the budget for gas masks or suits." He shakes his head.

"Tell you what. You go in and flush those villains out, we'll... uh... setup an ambush right here, in case they try and escape." He suggests with a weak smile.

Briare0s
2017-11-04, 08:35 AM
Ten
3 HP, Status:Fine

Ten's eyes were glowing as she meditated, but they stopped as soon as she opened her eyes.

Well that was disappointing. I wish I could have found out something more definite, but i guess I shouldn't have expected much when dealing with Umbragen.

Ten looks at how Alloy was able to direct people and admired her ability to lead despite being so young. She stood by the entrance as she waited for the other two to become ready.

John Cribati
2017-11-04, 07:30 PM
Alloy

"Sure. You do that."

She turns back to the mouth of the mine, and is about to enter before an idea strikes her.

Reaching out with her senses, she searches for any sign of surveillance- copper wiring, silicone chips, or any indication of video cameras.

Perception: Metal Detector to look for signs of surveillance technology:[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-04, 09:20 PM
Swat
"Alright men, we'll setup an ambush here." The SWAT leader commands, as his men unload machine guns from their van and set them up around the entrance.

Alloy
Scanning through the mines, there is not much metal in general. You mostly sense the odd equipment cache of picks & shovel, and iron nails embedded in the wooden structural supports. Certainly nothing that appears to be electronic.

The only thing of note, is a cluster of refined gold, silver & platinum, somewhere in the middle.

Leaving the SWAT behind at the entrance, the Blue Novas venture into the mines, wondering what lies ahead.

You all get a HP for keeping the SWAT safe.

All of you make a Stealth and Perception check.

Briare0s
2017-11-05, 10:34 AM
Ten
3 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness

Ten tries to move quietly through the mind with her eyes glowing from her enhancing her senses via Mana.

Perception:[roll0]
Stealth:[roll1]

LimSindull
2017-11-05, 06:53 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status Cautioned

Sixer follows his team into the cave, proceeding slowly to listen for movement ahead.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

John Cribati
2017-11-05, 07:46 PM
Alloy

Rather than try to walk silently while wearing full-body armor, Alloy decides floating on her disc to be more advantageous. She keeps her eyes and ears open for any signs of attack.

[Rolls arw in OOC]

JeminiZero
2017-11-05, 09:13 PM
As you trek through the tunnel you suddenly see something unusual: A new-looking cardboard box, lying at the side of the path. Placed on top of the box, is a white plastic birdcage, holding a small yellow bird - a canary by the looks of it - which chirps and hops around in its cage. It was clearly not left behind by the miners.

Briare0s
2017-11-06, 08:24 PM
Ten
3 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness

"Caution! Suspicions rise!" Ten said as she spots the strange bird. She tries her pest to examine the thing form a few feet away without drawing too near.

JeminiZero
2017-11-06, 09:29 PM
Ten Mana stops a few feet in front of the cage. She gets an up close view of the canary.
https://i.imgur.com/GtlVsXw.jpg
The bird spots you, and then SQUEALS LOUDLY. "I TAWT I TAW A PUDDY TAT! I DID! I DID TEE A PUDDY TAT!"

Based on its volume, you estimate that anyone else in the mines, as well as the folks back in Bluestar, probably heard it as well.

John Cribati
2017-11-08, 07:59 PM
Alloy

Between her hazmat suit and helmet, Alloy finds it very difficult to cover her ears, but ends up plugging them with small beads from the inside of her helmet. She wants to be mad at their cover being blown, but honestly, the bird is just doing its job. Once she's sure the screeching has stopped, she can only shrug.

"Well, there goes the stealth option." She opens the door of the cage as she passes it. "You're one of the Morties that the Rick guy makes, right? You might want to get out of here. Don't want to be trapped in there if he gasses the place." Heading back on the path, she follows the feeling in her head. "I think I'm picking up all the stuff they took from the Jewelry store. It's this way."

JeminiZero
2017-11-08, 08:36 PM
In response to Alloy, the canary merely repeats its ridiculously loud squeal. Apparently it's playing back a recorded message, rather than actually talking. With its cage open, it flies out and escapes down the tunnels.

JeminiZero
2017-11-08, 08:42 PM
Up ahead, you hear the sound of chanting. You walk closer and closer until you turn the corner into a large chamber.

Scattered at regular intervals, are individual hostages, trapped in what can best be described as literal cardboard cages. When they see you arrive, they grab their cage bars and cry out desperately. "Help me!" They try to rattle their cardboard bars, but instead of bending as you would expect, the bars are rigid - stronger than steel.

Rick's voice crackles through the walkie talkie as before. "Like what you see? It's not my best work I'll admit, but then again I only had a week to develop an all-purpose non-metal substitute. I call it Rick-board."

In the middle, you see Umbragen chanting at the centre of a ritual circle, holding a scroll in one hand, and waving the other over a pile of jewelry - the ill-gotten gains from their earlier heist.

Standing between him and you are a pair of familiar figures - Morty and Okuu. But there is also a new one - a Dragon of some sort.

https://i.imgur.com/lxDXeFmr.jpg

Sixer/Old Red: This looks like an Atomic-Dragon type MORT, one of the common troops which Rick employed during the war. You have horrible memories of Fiver being torn to pieces by one of these beasts.

At the height of the war, the World Government had resorted to nuking their own defeated cities, rather than letting Rick take control of them. Undeterred, Rick bioengineered these creatures, which thrive in otherwise inhospitable radioactive wastelands.

Morty looks around nervously, but remains silent. She seems to be plotting something.

At that moment, Umbragen's scroll is consumed by shadow fire, and burns to ashes in the blink of an eye. A dimensional portal opens up next to the jewelry, and sucks in the sparkling pile. Moments later, a robed girl wielding a shadow blade steps out.

https://i.imgur.com/HOqv3HC.jpg

Ten Mana: You recognize her as Ten-and-a-Half Mana, she was your 'sister', in the same batch as you, back in the Temple of Hierophants, but was always slightly better.
Umbragen hands her a pill, which she swallows. "About time Umbragen. The Grandmasters wish me to inform you that soon, we will be able to open a full dimension gate, and an invasion force will march through, bringing order to this wretched world."

"Woah, woah, woah!" Rick complains. "That wasn't part of the deal!"

"Fret not dear Rick." Umbragen grins. "We will honor our original deal, and help you destroy Sixer. The invasion comes after that. Besides, the Shadowdancers could use a man of your talents. When this is over, you are more than welcome to join us, and bring this world to its knees."

"Hmph!" Rick snorts. "I didn't overthrow one tyrannical World Government, just to become part of another. But stick with your end of the bargain, and I'll stick with mine... Morty, Dragon, Destroy Sixer!"

"Leave Ten Mana to me." Ten-and-a-Half says.

"I suppose I'll handle the walking rust bucket." Umbragen shrugs.

OOC: Roll for initiative.

Theme Song for this fight: Ragnarok Battle Offline-Despair ('https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwTYkc_LuQY')

Briare0s
2017-11-08, 09:09 PM
Ten
3 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness,Deeply Troubled

Ten was aghast as she saw her sister, Ten-Half, absorbed in Syn. She trembled as she thought back to all of the memories she had training with Ten-Half.

"S-s-sister! What happened? Why are you helping the Shadowdancers? Why have you forsaken Mana?!" Ten pleaded in her native tongue without any sort of translation needed. Despite herself Ten shifted into a stance to stay ready for anything. She did her best to blink away tears and sniffling as she realized she would have to fight her sister.

Initiative: [roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-08, 09:16 PM
Umbragen [roll0]
Dragon [roll1]
Tenakin [roll2]

Edit: Average is 20.67

JeminiZero
2017-11-08, 09:18 PM
Mysterious Yokai
Suddenly, a dimensional portal opens - a black gash in the fabric of reality, filled with soulless eyes. A woman in purple steps out.

Sort of like this, but without the train on the left.
https://i.imgur.com/hiI1phA.jpg

She ignores everyone else, and speaks to Okuu in Japanese. "<It's time to go home. Satori is waiting for you.>"

Okuu
"Hai!" The black winged girl follows the woman in purple, and they both leave through the portal.

Fade
"You're not getting away so easily!" Fade shouts. She charges forward and leaps into the portal at the last moment, just before it snaps shut.

Both Okuu and Fade have been put on a bus (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PutOnABus).

If you rolled higher than 20.67 for Initiative, you act in the first round.

John Cribati
2017-11-09, 09:50 AM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: The emotions you are attempting to reach are not available.

Honestly, Alloy stopped being surprised at the dragon. Not that the other stuff wasn't surprising, but once she realized she would have to fight a dragon at some point, her brain just started taking in the information without reacting. World domination? Ten's evil twin? Even more interdimensional nonsense? Yep. Emotions have left the building. Time to fight. What? The dark wizard is coming for her? Fine.

She settles into a defensive stance, her available metal formed into a staff.

[OOC: Defend Action]

LimSindull
2017-11-09, 07:05 PM
Sixer

Sixer keeps his eyes glued to the two Morties. This new one. It lacks something these old Morts had.

[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-09, 07:14 PM
OOC: Sixer can act.

LimSindull
2017-11-09, 07:32 PM
Sixer

"Hahaha!"Sixer bends over laughing. "After all that! Even if you kill me, your shadow friend will finish the job for me. Giving into the shadow will end you Rick. You'll be nothing to them but what a Mort is to you. A tool to soon be cast aside. I might as well go back now because your as good as dead to the rest of the world!"

Sixer's skin begins rippling as he talks and continues until it is a pulse. He turns to Morty.

"You want to live forever?"

[roll0]
I'm hoping to really freak Rick and maybe Morty (spider lady)out here. If this roll is low i'd like to use an HP to make it higher (or if I can do that off the bat)

JeminiZero
2017-11-09, 08:48 PM
Umbragen Defend Action [roll0] +10 = 28
Dragon Attack Roll: [roll1] vs Sixer Defence of 20, is 2 degrees of success, so +2 damage

JeminiZero
2017-11-09, 08:52 PM
Rick
"Pah! You don't know the first thing about me... Or even about yourself, you lousy petri dish soldier. This world is better off without you around!"

Unfortunately, Rick is set on destroying Sixer.

Morty
Morty is unaffected by your attempt at persuasion. However, she silently places the walkie-talkie on the ground, and then skitters down one of the side tunnels.

"Morty? Morty! Where are you? Get back in the fight!" Rick commands. "I didn't semi-clone my grandson to be a coward!"

Tenakin
"<Don't lecture me, Ten! I see through the lies of the Hierophants. I do not fear the Shadow as you do. I have brought peace, justice, and security to my new Empire.>" Tenakin spits out contemptuously, in your shared native tongue. "<The problem with democracy is, it doesn't keep you very safe. Ever since the Shadowdancers took over, they've eliminated all violent crime and political corruption! They've made a world where no eight-year-old girl will ever lose her parents because of some punk with a gun!>"

Ten Mana: You recall that Tenakin's parents were gunned down before her very eyes when she was young.

"<Sister, we don't have to fight. You're welcome to join the Shadowdancers too.>" She smiles, and pulls out a stuffed toy. "<Look, I managed to save your beloved plushie. You can have it back!>"

Ten Mana: It's a stuffed Wookie Monster! Your favorite toy from your younger days. You thought you had lost it forever when the Shadowdancers seized the Hierophant temple.
https://i.imgur.com/hp3R7o0.png

OOC: Tenakin doesn't attack this round and instead tries to convince Ten Mana to defect. Unfortunately, nobody else in the Blue Novas can understand their language.

Umbragen
Seeing Alloy has not attacked (yet), Umbragen smirks. "I suppose I should give you a fair chance. Soon a Shadowdancer invasion force will arrive. So I'm offering you an opportunity to join us. We offer spiritual guidance, a comprehensive health plan, and various vacation benefits."

Umbragen also takes the Defend action.

Dragon
Being little more than a dumb Beast, the Dragon does not speak, and simply follows its orders. It pounces on Sixer, a whirling frenzy of claws and fangs.

Dragon Attack Roll: 29, which should be 2 degrees

DC25 Toughness if it hits by 1 degree.
DC27 if it hits by 2 degrees.
DC30 if it hits by 3 degrees.

OOC: Round 1 end. Round 2 begin. You can all act now.

Briare0s
2017-11-10, 06:34 PM
Ten
3 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Mana-boosted Defenses

Ten quivered. Whether it was with rage, disgust, or fear she did not know. She tried to say something, but each time only a strained sound came out. She moaned slightly when she saw Mister Wookles held by her far-gone sister.

"You really don't think that I would join just because of Mi-" Ten catches herself before she finished. "the plushie. I will not join you, Tenhalf. You've chosen Syn! You've joined what you were sworn to destroy!" She found herself flustered and searched for her inner calm. She let Mana infuse her till her skin glowed blue softly.

"We will talk after you let these poor people go." she coldly demanded while gesturing towards the hostages.

LimSindull
2017-11-12, 09:00 AM
Sixer

"Ahhh! Come on you filthy beast!"Sixer's screams echo through the chamber as the dragon's claws shred into him.

Underneath his hazmat suit, Sixer's skin begins to whirl from his hand up his arm.

"The Blue Novas will end you!" Sixer's fist shoots out towards the dragon's stomach.

(Multi Attack if I can)
[roll0]
[roll1]

John Cribati
2017-11-13, 10:02 PM
Alloy

"Well, if that's how we're playing this..."

She speeds forward on her disc, brandishing the staff and as she approaches Umbragen, she banks sharply, turning and hurling it like a javelin at Ten-and-a-Half. The staff shifts into a net in midair as Alloy continues her flight path toward the corridor Morty escaped through.

Ranged Attack to Snare Ten-and-a-Half: [roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-13, 10:51 PM
Ten-Half
Ten-Half Dodge save [roll0] vs DC 22 Snare

Umbragen

Dragon

JeminiZero
2017-11-13, 11:04 PM
Ten-Half

Umbragen

Dragon

Attack Roll [roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-13, 11:10 PM
Tenakin
Alloy's staff flies true and strikes Ten-Half in the chest. But like a proverbial flitting Shadow, she rolls out of the way, and the Steel Trap snaps shut around empty air. She continues speaking without missing a beat. "<Let them go? Bah! First these people must be punished for their crime of... er... Umbragen, what are we holding them for?>"

"<Subtype Vanity and a special case of Social Media fuelled Narcissism, both under the Deadly Sin of Pride. Also, environmental devastation via mindless consumerism.>" Umbragen shrugs. "<Technically they're just under arrest for the moment. They've not been formally charged yet. A full investigation is pending.>"

Despite the fact that it was a critical hit, Tenakin rolled well enough to make her save.

Umbragen
Seeing Alloy fire a shot and then run out through the North tunnel, Umbragen gives a nonchalant shrug, "I take that as a no. Not that it matters much. You're the LEAST interesting member of the remaining Blue Novas."

He points at a nearby large boulder. A Shadow hand materializes and moves it to block the West tunnel entrance. "Now to take care of the other two."

Unfortunately, Umbragen is mainly interested in killing Sixer and getting Ten to defect. He views Alloy as an inconvenience, and is more than happy that you decided to get out of the way.

To get back into the fight, you can either move or destroy the boulder, or make an Int check to try and navigate back to the main chamber through the tunnels.

Dragon
The Dragon continues to attack Sixer

Dragon Attack Roll: He managed to get a 29 AGAIN, which should be 2 degrees

Round 2 end. Round 3 begin, you can all act now.

John Cribati
2017-11-14, 07:45 AM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: Normal, but apparently doesn't know her own speed.

"Augh, damn it!"

She had hoped to look for Morty in the tunnel, but her surprise attack hadn't taken one of the fighters out like she'd intended. Now she had to go back and...

Why was it getting darker?

Caught up in what her next move would be, she found herself in the mouth of the tunnel, and by the time she realized, a boulder had been wedged in the way. Great. The team wouldn't last long outnumbered like this...

[No action yet]

LimSindull
2017-11-14, 10:30 PM
Sixer
HP3/Status bruised (-1toughness)

Sixer screams out in agony as a claw again finds it's way into him.
[roll0]

Sixer drills his arm back into the dragon. Hoping to catch and tear it apart!
"Come get some bastard!"
[roll1]

John Cribati
2017-11-15, 12:53 AM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: Normal, but apparently doesn't know her own speed.

Sighing, Alloy forms the remaining scrap she has into a pickaxe, getting ready to atrike thw rock.

"Of course I'm the one stuck in here. Ten deals with two arch-enemies and Sixer trying not to get murdered by a damn dragon and here I am breaking down a wall to get to my... Wait. A wall. A wall! Maybe I can just..."

Aiming a bit higher than the center, Alloy makes a few eyeball calculations. If she could fogure out the right spot to hit, she'd be able to keep an eye on the battlefield and support them from range.

Expertise: Engineering- [roll0]
Attack with Crafted Weapon, Power Attack 2: [roll1]

JeminiZero
2017-11-15, 01:29 AM
Boulder Toughness: [roll0] vs Dc 31

The good news is that you shatter the boulder. But your engineering was off, and it goes to pieces.

Briare0s
2017-11-15, 04:21 PM
Ten
3 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Mana-boosted Defense, Mana-blades activated

Ten notices Sixer getting the worst of it from the Dragon. Blades made of pure Mana coalesce into her hands bearing the same soft blue light as her skin. While Tenhalf continued to talk Ten subtly studied the creature to figure out its weaknesses.

JeminiZero
2017-11-15, 06:25 PM
Aside from its low intelligence, the Dragon does not seem to have any noticeable weaknesses.

JeminiZero
2017-11-16, 02:42 AM
Tenakin

Perception [roll0] vs DC 20

Umbragen

Perception [roll1] vs DC 20

Dragon

Perception [roll2] vs DC 20

Will [roll3] vs DC 18

JeminiZero
2017-11-16, 02:44 AM
The Dragon manages to shrug off your attempts to analyze it's weaknesses (Will roll success).

Additionally Tenakin frowns when she notices what you just did (perception roll success).

OOC: Ten Mana still has a move action. You could:
1) Try a bluff check to keep Tenakin from attacking
2) Snatch Mister Wookles before she does something to the plushie
3) Move somewhere
4) Something else that might be done in a move action

JeminiZero
2017-11-18, 02:27 AM
Tenakin

Defensive Attack -2 Attack, +2 Defense: [roll0]

Umbragen

Dragon

Attack Roll [roll1]

JeminiZero
2017-11-18, 02:28 AM
Tenakin
Tenakin drops Mister Wookles on the ground, and with a mere thought, summons her own Shadow Arms and Blades, and attacks.

She rolled a 2, so that's a miss.
"<There is no escape, don't make me destroy you. Ten Mana, you do not yet realize your importance, you have only begun to discover your power. Join us, and we will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the multiverse.>"

Umbragen
Seeing Alloy destroy the boulder and come back, Umbragen rolls his eyes. "What now? You can't decide whether to stand and fight, or to flee like courage-impaired poultry?" He points a finger and fires a magic missile.

DC25 Toughness save

Dragon
Much to nobody's surprise, the Dragon continues to attack Sixer

Dragon Attack Roll: 14 which misses

Round 3 end. Round 4 begin, you can all act now.

LimSindull
2017-11-19, 09:23 AM
Sixer
HP3/Status: not feeling too good. (-2toughness)

Sixer feels the blood continue to run down his body even as his cells work to sew him back together. He manages to keep the dragons claws from ripping into him momentarily.

"Worn out already?!" He screams as he again tries to rip through the dragon.

Let's try this again...again. Multiattack
[roll0] I believe DC save 27 (25 +2 if hit by 2 degrees)

John Cribati
2017-11-19, 10:43 AM
Alloy
1 HP| Status: Dazed, -1 Toughness

Well, so much for eyeballing it. Must have been the stress.

Unfortunately she wasn't prepared to be immediately assaulted by formless magic.

It hurt. Not like the shadow puppets. She groans, but manages to remain upright.

"Standing and fighting leaves you a sitting duck. You stay in motion, you're more difficult to pin down. I thought you were a martial artist or something; you should know this.

As she speaks, she positions her shield to better block tbe next attack. Then she thrusts her hand forward, sending the net she left in the cavern flying at the wizard at a sidelong angle, closing her fist to compress it into a solid ball.

Attack with Ferrokinetic Throw, Defensive Attack 4: [roll0]

Briare0s
2017-11-19, 12:59 PM
Ten
3 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Mana-boosted Defenses, Mana arms, Ru Wei

Ten dodges Tenhalf's assault as her usually calm face is twisted into that of inner turmoil and pain. Her training told her to defeat a Shadowdancer by any means, but how could she harm her sister? Ten put away her Manablades as she began to slip into the state of mind that would allow her to unconsciously react to Tenhalf's attacks. New tears start to roll down her cheeks as she began her own assault.

Sorry sister, but I must do this. Hopefully you can be returned to Mana later.

This will be a multiattack.
Attacks with Fists: [roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-19, 06:52 PM
Tenakin

Toughness [roll0] vs DC 22
Attack [roll1]

Umbragen

Toughness [roll2] vs DC 24 (edit: Whoops, Umbragen has 12 toughness, so he barely makes his save).

Dragon

Toughness [roll3] vs DC 27
Attack Roll [roll4]

JeminiZero
2017-11-19, 07:23 PM
Tenakin
Your fist strikes true, and leaves Tenakin seriously wounded. She spits out a gob of blood and grits her teeth to suppress any cry of pain. "<If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.>"

Tenakin is staggered, and bruised.

As if the Shadows heard her prayers, her blades find their mark.

Tenakin got a natural 20, which means she gets +5 multiattack bonus, and +5 critical hit. This translates to a DC35 Toughness save.

"<Now Umbragen!>"

Umbragen
"Hit it Rick!"

"What? Oh yeah. Sure." Instantly, the whole room is filled with a sickly pale gas. The screams of the hostages are silenced as their muscles lock up, leaving them paralyzed. Fortunately, your gas masks and hazmat suits protects you.

"Hmm... That's odd. Rick, they're not falling over." Umbragen observes as Alloy's attack simply bounces off his forceshield.

Made his save

"Huh? Why not?"

"They seem to be wearing protective gear of some sort." Umbragen points a finger and another magic missile unerringly strikes Alloy in the chest.

Alloy has to make a DC 25 Toughness save.

Dragon
The Dragon growls in pain, as Sixer finally manages to wound his adversary. Undeterred, it continues its assault.

Dragon Attack Roll: An 18 this time which misses

Round 4 end. Round 5 begin, you can all act now.

LimSindull
2017-11-20, 09:45 AM
Sixer
HP3/Status Staggered (-1 toughness)

"You could have helped the world Rick! Time and time again you choose to fight even when you are outmatched, outmanned, and outplanned. It looks like I learned from the best!

Sixer again swings at the dragon. He aims at the neck to puncture it.

Multi Attack! [roll0]
DC 25=1 degree of success
DC 27=2 degrees of success
DC 30=3 degrees of success

John Cribati
2017-11-22, 06:27 AM
Alloy
0 HP| Status: Dazed, Toughness -2, cant take her own advice, apparently.

"Speaking of sitting ducks..."

Still on her disc, Alloy moves through the larger cavern again, coming to rest close to Sixer, who seemed to be having a bit of trouble. She still could barely focus on moving though, for the moment. She just needed a moment to catch her breath...

LimSindull
2017-11-22, 10:20 AM
Sixer
HP3/Status:Staggered (Mauled Duck) (-1toughness)

"Alloy!" Sixer grunts out in his struggle with the dragon.
"What's your status?"
Sixer's head continues to ring as he fights the monster.

John Cribati
2017-11-23, 12:03 AM
Alloy
0 HP| Status: Dazed, Toughness -2

"That depends. How much profanity do you think you can handle hearing?"

She's definitely going to help with that dragon problem. Once she actually geta a handle on the way everything's spinning.

Briare0s
2017-11-23, 03:17 PM
Ten
3 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Mana-boosted Defenses, Mana arms, Ru Wei, Toughness -1

Ten wordlessly does her best to side-step and maneuver around her wayward sister. She ended up with an injury, but dared not slow down lest she got even worse. In a soundless roar of defiance Ten counterattacked and pressed further with more attacks in a flurry of punches.

Reaction Attack Roll if it works like this:[roll0]
Attack Roll: [roll1]

JeminiZero
2017-11-23, 09:01 PM
Botched the last set of rolls

Tenakin

Toughness [roll0] vs DC 22
Attack [roll1]

Umbragen

Dragon

Toughness [roll2]
Attack Roll [roll3]

JeminiZero
2017-11-23, 09:17 PM
Rick
"I'll help the world plenty when I rid it of YOU!"

Tenakin
As Ten Mana's fist makes contact with Tenakin's jaw, her shadowy blades and limbs dematerialize, and she collapses on the floor.

Tenakin takes a second Staggered, which renders her incapacitated. Unsurprisingly, because she starts with a -4 Toughness penalty, she is the first to go down.

Umbragen
"That's right, stand close together and say cheese for the camera... Time Stop!"

Sixer and Alloy: Make a DC20 Dodge Save, and then a DC15 Will save if the Dodge succeeds, or a DC20 Will Save if the Dodge fails.
He then floats over the Tenakin's fallen form and shakes his head. "Well this isn't going well at all. Rick, prepare for Phase 2C."

Dragon
The Dragon manages to shrug off Sixer's swing. But its own flurry falls short of the mark.

Dragon Attack Roll: Natural One, which misses regardless of Time Stop result.

Round 5 end. Round 6 begin, you can all act now.

LimSindull
2017-11-24, 09:10 AM
Sixer
HP2/Status:Staggered (-1toughness)

Sixer looks at himself, Alloy, and Ten. He can see himself fighting the dragon, but he is far away.Get back in that body and do what you are meant to do! Kill that Morty!" A push, a jump, a shift. The dragon's claws and fangs were back inches away from his face.
"Alloy?" Sixer notices the metal knight's lack of movement. She must still be stuck.

"Ten! That wizard's done something to us!"

Sixer tries to bury his arm into the dragon again.
1d20+10 I botched the roll, I will roll in ooc and show it here as well. (1d20+10)= [30]
Multi attack
1 Degree: DC 25
2 Degrees: DC 27
3 Degrees: DC 30

Briare0s
2017-11-24, 11:55 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Mana-boosted Defenses, Mana arms, Toughness -1

Tired of the fighting, the danger, and nothing seeming to make sense anymore Ten seethed with rage when she remembered Umbragen. She still barely held onto Mana even though the stampede of emotions battered at her Mana-infused mind.

"You'll pay, Umbragen!"Ten yells at the Shadowdancer as she leaps through the air propelling multiple fists into his face.

[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-25, 02:07 AM
Umbragen

Toughness [roll0] vs DC 22 +2 = 24
Attack Roll [roll1]

Edit: Staggered

Dragon

Toughness [roll2] vs DC 25 + 5 + 5 = 35
Attack Roll [roll3]

Edit: Incapacitated

JeminiZero
2017-11-25, 02:34 AM
Dragon
Sixer's lucky strike manages to impact the Dragon's head! The beast collapses into the dust... but almost immediately its wounds start healing. At this rate, it will likely stand up again in a short while.

The dice really like you guys. Rolled a 2 on Toughness, failed by 4 degrees. The Dragon is incapacitated for now. But you notice its old wound sustained in round 4 has healed up.

Umbragen
"Urgh!" Umbragen curses as Ten's fist leaves a large crack in his forcefield. "Rick, I'm initiating Phase 2C. I leave the rest to you!" Umbragen bends down and touches Tenakin, and suddenly both of them disappear in a puff of shadow.

The dice REALLY like you guys. Rolled a 1 on Toughness, failed by 3 degrees. Bruise and Staggered. Unfortunately, these villains still have a final contingency plan. For the moment Umbragen has teleported out.

In the distance you feel the ominous rumble of a loud explosion. Pieces of loose rock, fall off the ceiling.

Rick
"Phase 2C? That's where we teleport out, and trap them in the mines by blowing up the entrance tun... Morty! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be trouncing Sixer! And why are you holding the Memor..." *Zap*

Rick's walkie talkie suddenly falls silent.

Round 6 end. Round 7 begin, you can all act now.

Alloy gets another Will save to shake off the effects of Time Stop.

Basically the only remaining opponent is the Dragon who will recover in round 8, unless you contain it somehow, or kill it where it lies.

Briare0s
2017-11-26, 01:03 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Mana-boosted Defenses, Mana arms, Toughness -1

Ten feels conflicted as she wants to find her sister and Umbragen,I have to....I have to....no I'll save the peole first. They can wait till later.

"Save all people!" Ten yells as she grabs hold of as many people she can using her multiple arms. She takes them and starts running towards the exit.

JeminiZero
2017-11-26, 01:27 AM
OOC: You first have to break open their card Rick-board prisons, one at a time. If you want to proceed, make an attack roll.

LimSindull
2017-11-26, 07:54 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status: staggered (-1 toughness)

Sixer continues to push his fist through the dragon.

"We have to finish this beast off. I'll help with civilians after that, and I am not doing so great. How did you two survive?"

Sixer spits, "Ahh that's nasty. It's in my mask!"

I'm going to take ten on my roll and keep the dragon down.
I believe:
DC 25 if hit by 1 degree
DC 27 if by 2 degrees
DC 30 if by 3 degrees

John Cribati
2017-11-26, 08:27 PM
Alloy
0 HP| Status: Toughness -2

One second she was trying, and failing to get out of the wizard's line of sight. The next, Sixer had his hand in a dragon's skull.

"Ugh, what the almighty hell f--k!?!?!?"

She edges away from the grisly scene and looks around. Ten's evil twin? Down. Dragon? ... Yeah, she was going to call that one "down." Annoying Hax Wizard? Nowhere.

"Well, it looks like we won, but I've apparently done f--k all to help. not that they were even my nemeses... But you... uh... keep that up. I'll start on the hostages"

She flies over to the first cage, forms a pickaxe, and strikes at the lock.

Crafted Weapon, Power Attack 3 [DC27]: [roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-27, 02:56 AM
Dragon

Toughness: [roll0] vs DC 32

Edit: -1 Toughness and Dying (auto stabilized by Die Hard)

Lock
Toughness: [roll1] vs DC 32

Eh, what the heck. The lock breaks and the hostage is free.

JeminiZero
2017-11-27, 03:04 AM
The Dragon's head remains stubbornly attached to its neck. But the resulting wound nonetheless slows down its Regeneration.

-1 toughness. Also dying, but auto-stabilized by Die Hard.

As per the rules, Regen will focus on removing the Toughness penalties first, before it can recover from incapacitated. So it will be out until Round 10

The lock breaks apart, and you can now reach in to retrieve the paralyzed hostage.

Waiting on Ten Mana's action.

Briare0s
2017-11-28, 04:31 PM
Ten

Ten goes to break more cages using her bare-fists and tries to get them out to safety. She makes sure to comfort them in order to ensure that they do not panic.

[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-11-28, 06:45 PM
Ten Mana breaks open the cage lock.

In the distance, you hear another explosion.

Round 7 end, Round 8 begin.

I'll fast forward this bit. Basically:

1) How many more rounds do you want to spend breaking open cages, before running back to the Entrance?

2) Does Sixer want to spend one of his actions on finishing off the Dragon (who will otherwise recover at the end of round 10)?

JeminiZero
2017-11-29, 09:31 PM
Round 8: Sixer Kills Dragon. Free 2 more Hostages (total 4).
Round 9: Free 3 more Hostages (total 7), Ten Mana makes a run for it, carrying 4.
Round 10: Free last 2 hostages (total 9), Alloy and Sixer run for it, carrying 5.

Ignoring the periodic explosions, you break open the Rick-board cages and free the hostages, determined to save everyone. Once that's done, you all run for the exit, with Ten Mana slightly ahead. And as you near the mine entrance, the explosions grow louder, and you hear the staccato of gunfire.

You emerge from the gas-filled tunnels, to see the SWAT have made good on their promise: They have heavy machine gun emplacements around the mine entrance, and are currently emptying all their bullets into a smouldering crater while screaming in uncontrollable hysteria. One of them even has a bazooka, which he periodically fires into the crater, before scrambling to reload. This results in the explosions you have been hearing all this while, and digs the crater ever deeper.

Upon seeing you all emerge from the cave, the SWAT leader shouts. "Cease fire! Cease fire!"

As the guns & rockets stop, and the smoke clears, you see the burnt corpses of Umbragen and Tenakin in the crater. Apparently, they died a short while ago, but the SWAT kept firing out of blind panic.

"Thank god you're here." The SWAT leader calls out "These two appeared out of nowhere. I think they were aiming to collapse the entrance or something. We managed to catch 'em by surprise and gave 'em everything we got! Unfortunately, the elf managed to fire a magic missile at Kenny before we cut him down." He points at the unconscious form of one SWAT member slumped on the ground.

"Anyway, I see you've found the hostages. I take it the mines have been cleared of enemies?"

LimSindull
2017-11-30, 09:09 AM
Sixer
HP2/Status: staggered (-0 toughness)

Sixer limps slightly behind Alloy as he carries his share of the freed hostages. He hears the explosions getting louder as they walk forward and can't hold back from saying, "Oh great, the tunnels are going to collapse and kill all of us."

When he emerges from the tunnel, Sixer drops the hostages he is carrying out of shock. The weaklings pulled through! They saved us all.

All he manages to get out is a long and drawn out, "Yeah!"

Briare0s
2017-11-30, 11:17 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Toughness -1

"Stop! Stop!"

Ten's glow and her ethereal arms wink out in an instant once she sees the sight as she rushes to the crater containing Tenhalf. She falls over more so than kneels over the corpse of her dead sister. Her eyes retain a soft blue glow, dyeing her the tears running down her face a deep blue. Ten reaches out to hold Tenhalf's body. The touch breaks Ten into a mess of uncontrollable sobs and pitiful wails of anguish.

JeminiZero
2017-12-01, 02:35 AM
Seeing Ten Mana's sorrow the SWAT leader pats her shoulder. "Sorry missy. She's in a better place now."

"Billy call an ambulance down here to take care of the hostages!" He shouts over his shoulder.

Turning back to the three of you, he asks. "Now according to our briefing, we had 4 suspects: A cyclops, a gothic elf, a spider-girl, and some chick with black wings. The cyclops got sucked into another dimension. The gothic elf is lying in the crater. Where's the spider-girl and black wings?"

John Cribati
2017-12-01, 07:28 PM
Alloy

Alloy had been awkwardly standing near Ten, not sure whether they were exactly close enough for her to be offering comfort. She was actually a bit glad to have to answer something.

"Black Wings also hopped dimensions. Spider is... currently running about the caverns."

JeminiZero
2017-12-01, 09:28 PM
"I see... Do you want to go back and find Spider-girl, or has she already made good her escape?"

LimSindull
2017-12-01, 09:50 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status Staggered

Sixer looks back and forth between his companions. "I'll heal Kenny if I can, then I need to find Rick."

JeminiZero
2017-12-01, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately, they killed Kenny.

Re-entering the mines, you easily find Morty back in the chamber where you fought, pacing up and down anxiously. Standing behind her, is a huge beetle-like monster, with various satchels and bags strapped along its side. Additionally, there is a large Rick-board machine of some sort mounted on its back, and emitting a high tech hum.

https://i.imgur.com/kZImo2x.jpg

The beetle is docile (for now), and merely stands around.

Sixer/Old Red: This creature is unlike any of Rick's creations you saw during the war. It certainly doesn't look like a MORT. But the machine appears to be a Rick-board version of Rick's Dimension Portal Drive. The hum tells you that it is charged and ready to go.

Morty
Seeing you return, Morty stops her pacing, and asks. "You're back from the mine entrance, yes? What has happened to Umbragen and Tenakin?"

Make a perception check. Not metal related.

JeminiZero
2017-12-01, 11:00 PM
Perception: (1d20+5)[25]

One of beetle's bags has contents that leave a Rick-shaped outline. Additionally, a breathing tube sticks out on top.

Briare0s
2017-12-02, 02:40 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Toughness -1,Cosmic Unity

Ten continues to cry for another ten minutes while stroking Tenhalf's hair. At this point she is mostly sniffling although she thankfully stopped sobbing. She shakingly lets go and assumes a meditative position. To help ease herself while gaining a better sense of what was happening she merges with Mana itself, which was connected with all things. Her eyes glows like streetlamps while she does this.

JeminiZero
2017-12-02, 03:14 AM
Aside from the absence of Shadowdancers, things seem much the same as before. Of course, there are other major conflicts elsewhere in the World and Universe, but none near your current location.

OOC: Are you looking for anything in particular?

Briare0s
2017-12-03, 04:26 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Toughness -1, Mana-boosted Defenses

Having centered herself Ten walks back through the mine where she remembers Sixer had gone through. She is curious about what she will find and wants to make sure he is ok. Her skin glows as she prepares for any possible dangers.

JeminiZero
2017-12-03, 09:17 PM
Ten Mana arrives without encountering any traps.

OOC: waiting for someone to answer Morty's question.

LimSindull
2017-12-03, 11:32 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status Staggered (-0)

Sixer stares at the machine in front of him with open mouth. He can't decide whether to be afraid of the thing before him or happy that Rick is close to his grasp. "Polaris! What is that monstrosity?" He blurts out after too long a moment.

He looks at Morty Why have you betrayed your Rick? Do you see what evil he causes?

Sixer decides to judge Morty on her reaction to his answers. "As far as I can tell, the shadow ones are..." He looks over at Ten as she walks in. A look of sorrow crosses his face as he turns back to Morty. "It seems they have passed from their bodies."

Trying to change the subject, "What is this Morty? Why have you not tried to kill us?"

JeminiZero
2017-12-04, 01:16 AM
"Polaris! What is that monstrosity?"
Morty
"Oh this?" She pats the beetle's head. "It's a Biologically Enhanced Troop Hatchery. This is the hive queen which produces MORTs. Like the Atomic-Dragon." Her expression saddens as she looks at the decapitated corpse lying in the corner. "Poor dragon."

"It seems they have passed from their bodies."
Morty looks stunned. "Oh jeez, that's too bad... but perhaps it's for the best. Umbragen has been here for a long time, and knows the most about this world. In fact, if he's dead..."

"What is this Morty? Why have you not tried to kill us?"
Morty shakes her head. "In case you haven't realized, the plan was never to kill 'us'. Umbragen wanted Ten alive, and was prepared to recruit anyone else who was willing to join. Only Rick wanted you dead, because of the danger you pose to this world."

LimSindull
2017-12-04, 02:57 PM
Sixer
HP2/ Status: Staggered (-0)

Sixer throws his hands into the air in surprise as he shouts, "The danger I pose!!?? Do you even know how long I've been chasing Rick for the crimes he commits? If I'm a danger to this world than Rick is the end of this universe! You don't get it Morty, no, how could you."

Sixer pulls his mask off of his head to look Morty in the eyes. "Rick has to die." Hearing the hum of the machine he adds, "Unless you have some way to take us back."

JeminiZero
2017-12-04, 09:19 PM
Morty
"Ugh. Master was right, you haven't figured it out yet." Morty laments while clutching her head. "Alright, so you know you're a genetically engineered super soldier, synthetically grown in a factory, right? Or what we might call a 'Synth' for short. And you know that your World Government produced many others like you."

"What you might not realize, is that you are programmed to be obedient to authority. And its not just you - thanks to Synths, the World Government didn't need ANY normal humans. The vast majority of your seemingly utopian society, were Synths engineered for their jobs. The W.G. eliminated poverty by killing the poor, and eradicated crime by ending free will. In short, they were evil."

"And since you're a clone, you contain the genetic template for creating more like you - perfectly obedient soldiers and workers. Rick's fear was that if anyone ever figured that out, some repressive Government would clone you, build their own society of loyal Synths, and get rid of normal free willed humans. What happened on our old world, will happen once again on this Earth."

OOC: Would you kindly? :smallbiggrin:

LimSindull
2017-12-04, 10:08 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status: staggered (-0)

Sixer walks over to Ten Mana to heal her. Then he moves on to Alloy.

"You aren't wrong. I am what you call a synth. I've been here for months and I've done more to help this world than most people do their whole lives. I see sick people, weak people, people who waste their lives away doing nothing for the betterment of mankind. It's all thanks to my drive to kill Rick. It's people like him that force government hands. How do you fight someone that that needs nothing from anyone? How do you fight someone willing to end you?"

Sixer moves back over to Morty, he looks down at the Rick shaped bag. "That thing you call your master kills, killed my brothers. I watched all of them die. We are alive you know. We feel emotions and we fight for what we believe is right. How can that be wrong? Our life isn't a lie. It's here, all in my head. Every one of them.

The cells begin to ripple on Sixer's face. "He has to die Morty. You know it. You know what kind of person he is. It wouldn't make a difference what government is in control, because that thing is an apex predator. It takes what it wants and has to be on top."

JeminiZero
2017-12-04, 10:46 PM
Morty

"That thing you call your master kills, killed my brothers. I watched all of them die. We are alive you know. We feel emotions and we fight for what we believe is right. How can that be wrong? Our life isn't a lie. It's here, all in my head. Every one of them.

Morty smiles wryly. "Indeed, your painful memories are real. I hope you are beginning to understand why Rick made his soldiers all dumb beasts."

As if on cue, the huge beetle monster behind her gives a loud "MOOooo...."

"He has to die Morty. You know it. You know what kind of person he is. It wouldn't make a difference what government is in control, because that thing is an apex predator. It takes what it wants and has to be on top."

Morty laughs. "An apex predator? That's just W.G. propaganda. Rick is 70 years old now. The great war started 5 years ago. Which means that for 65 years of his life, Rick wasn't trying to destroy the W.G. Do you know what changed?"

LimSindull
2017-12-05, 11:14 PM
Sixer
HP2/Status: Staggered (-3)

Sixer's face stops rippling as he looks at Morty and points his hand straight at her. "Tell me Morty. Give me the excuse for murder that you believe."

Sixer charges at Morty.

Briare0s
2017-12-06, 12:03 AM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Toughness -1, Mana-boosted Defenses, Mana arms

Ten listens and accepts the healing without a word as she watches the conversation between Sixer and Morty. She has trouble comprehending what is happening as the events that have taken place have flayed her mind. She still does her best to let herself sink further into Mana producing a blue glow around her when Sixer seemed to be getting more aggressive. Once he charged Morty, Ten produced Mana arms ready for a fight.

JeminiZero
2017-12-06, 10:25 AM
Morty
Perception: [roll0]

Technically Sixer's attack misses, but for dramatic purposes, I'll rule that it hits but has no effect.

JeminiZero
2017-12-06, 10:28 AM
Morty
"Owie!" Morty reels in pain.

Technically, Sixer's attack misses, but dramatic purposes, I'll handwave that it hits but with no effect.

"You know what? Screw you guys! I waited around to help you with the Shadowdancers, but I guess you can handle the invasion yourself!" She spits out a gob of blood in contempt.

Jumping onto the back of the Beetle, she slams her fist onto one of the buttons of the Rickboard Dimension Drive. Instantly, a portal opens up below the beetle, and swallows up the monstrosity, along with Morty & the Machine, before snapping shut.

In their absence, an eerie silence fills the mines.

LimSindull
2017-12-06, 11:03 AM
Sixer

"Farewell Morty... You idiot."

Sixer turns around to Ten Mana and Alloy. "Well, what are you waiting on? You heard her."

Sixer charges at Ten Mana.

[roll0]
DC: 25

John Cribati
2017-12-07, 11:38 AM
Alloy

Alloy had barely been following the interdimensional soap opera, but she was with Sixer on one point: Rick had to die. He was too powerful, too willing to put innocents in danger. And he was breathing out of a tube. It would be... not easy, per se, but simple to block it, to fill his lungs with metal.

Not taking the time to think in too much detail about what she was doing, she started snaking a bit of metal around the conversation, hoping Sixer would keep Morty talking.

She was nearly there when he charged the spider-girl, and Alloy immediately started moving faster, only for Morty, Rick, and the giant bug to disappear again.

And then Sixer came at Ten. She didn't think about this too hard either, casting a net at her ally(?) to stop him.
"Woah! What's up?"

Steel Trap, Power Attack 2, DC 24 [roll0][/QUOTE]

JeminiZero
2017-12-07, 05:23 PM
OOC: That misses unless Sixer intentionally lowers his defenses.

Briare0s
2017-12-07, 11:01 PM
Ten
1 HP, Status: Mana-boosted Awareness, Toughness -1, Mana-boosted Defenses, Mana arms

"Friend what is wrong?" Ten dodges out of the way from Sixer, "I understand you distraught. You need to learn calm!"

Ten does not know what to think. Why would someone she considered a friend attack her? Why did she feel more and more like giving up on Mana and letting herself be run through.

[roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-12-07, 11:04 PM
OOC: what is that roll for?

Briare0s
2017-12-07, 11:14 PM
OOC: Oops. Was I not supposed to roll for dodge? Just ignore it then.

JeminiZero
2017-12-08, 01:17 AM
OOC: You only roll for dodge vs area attacks. Against rolled attacks, your defence is simply dodge or parry +10

Edit: which is to say that Sixer's attack misses.

LimSindull
2017-12-08, 05:01 PM
Sixer

Sixer's head was spinning. One minute he had his mortal enemy down before him, the next, he was fighting his friends so they could save the world. And here they were, playing nice. Still, he couldn't help but feel sad for the turn of events.

He saw the net flying at him, and dodged it. The worst thing that could happen is if they could stop him and change his mind.
"Come on Mr. Knight, you got to do better than a little net. You're going to have to pulverize me."

He focuses back on Ten, I am distraught, but the last hing I need to do is to be calm. If you keep fighting like this, you might as well had just joined your sister.

Dodging around some more for show, I thought you two were heroes. Willing to fight whatever evil is here. No matter who it was.
Come on! Hit me! We are supposed to protect this world from creatures like me!"

JeminiZero
2017-12-08, 09:28 PM
OOC: in terms of Combat rounds, Ten Mana can act (Alloy has acted already), and then its back to Sixer's turn.

Briare0s
2017-12-09, 02:32 AM
Ten

Ten feels tears well up from the mention of her sister, but instead sets herself in a basic stance. She was getting tired of having to just respond to others and hope everything would be ok. She felt a deep urge to wrest control of the situation yet could not figure out how. Instead she lashed out at Sixer's jibes while her arms made from Mana winked out without her noticing.

"Damn you, Six!" Ten shouted.

Punch: [roll0]

JeminiZero
2017-12-09, 07:37 AM
OOC: A 21 hits. In future remember to specify damage. But for now Sixer should make a DC 22 toughness save

After that its Sixer's turn.

John Cribati
2017-12-10, 08:54 PM
Alloy

Alloy tried not to sigh. She was the least mature person here, if not the youngest, and yet, she was the only one who hadn't had some sort of prolonged breakdown today. Granted, Ten's reaction to losing her sister(?) was understandable. But Sixer convinced to commit suicide by super team was a whole other level.
"Okay. Can you cool it for like... 6 hours? You want us to kill you, fine. I'll wrap you up in chains and toss you into the ocean myself. Just... Help us not get invaded by interdimensional wizard monks first?"

LimSindull
2017-12-10, 09:34 PM
Sixer

"Well."

Sixer looks between his teammates. He begins to calm. Maybe there is no saving the planet.

"Alright. It's the least that I can do if i'm going to end up being the death of your race."

Briare0s
2017-12-12, 07:13 PM
Ten

Ten has trouble at first understanding what they meant by "inter-dimensional wizards" until she remembered Umbragen

" Wizards are not problem. They are currently dead." Ten choked a bit on the last part. She began to walking back toward the entrance. She then looks back, "Quickly we go back now. I am too tired. I will need rest. When we get to safe place we can talk."

She continued onward toward the entrance.

JeminiZero
2017-12-13, 03:07 AM
You exit the mines, as the sky above brightens with the approaching morning. Ambulances have arrived to take care of the paralyzed hostages. The long night is finally over...

Bluestar Begins-A New Team: Epilogue
All hostages were rescued, and eventually recovered from the effects of ARO-2-NEE. City engineers marvel at Alloy's structural support of the mall. The Blue Novas were lauded for their courageous efforts.

Because they didn't enter the mines, the SWAT managed to survive the night. Billy was able to retire, and Russell could go home to his wife and kid. For unknown reasons, even Kenny mysteriously reappears the next day, alive and well.

After being released from its cage, the loud yellow canary escaped the mines and flew to Bluestar city. For the next few weeks, unlucky residents would be rudely awakened at random hours of the night by: "I TAWT I TAW A PUDDY TAT! I DID! I DID TEE A PUDDY TAT!" For a period of time, sales of sleeping pills and ear plugs skyrocketed. It was eventually captured and placed in the Bluestar Zoo, where it quickly became a favorite tourist attraction.

Morty and Rick have disappeared from the Earth dimension. Their whereabouts remain unknown.

Umbragen's death was a serious setback for the Shadowdancers. Consequently, the planned Invasion was delayed for a few months. But in the end, it arrived: a merciless tide of darkness and fury... However, that is another story. Join us next time for The Shadow Empire Strikes Back. Coming 20018.

Also, prequel backstories of the Blue Novas:

Ep1-The Phantom Kneeling Menace: Find out how Alloy became so politically controversial.

Ep2-Attack of the Synths: See the creation and old life of Sixer, culminating in the Apocalyptic War against Rick.

Ep3-Revenge of the Shadowdancers: Traces the path of Ten and Tenakin, from young Manawans, to the Great Mana-Shadow war.