PDA

View Full Version : Drow AntiSpell Sword

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-08-14, 11:52 AM
OK just finished the WotSQ and i was wondering what enchantment Ryld's sword had on it to dispell magic, Ive looked in my source books but can't find anything like it anyware, it would not even work on a spell storing weapon.

Id like to know because my urban ranger/swashbuckler/rogue/assassin has just joined a guild with a cocky wizard who lets say, doesnt seem to know were his place is. I am working on getting my hands on a anitmagic field amulet but no luck so far, this seemed like a good place to start.

Oh and i got a cloak that gives me spell resistance. 15 to fire sub type, 12 to mind effecting, 10 to cold, 8 to ele, 6 to negetive energy, and 4 to sonic. DM, really liked the cloak and i almost died getting it, leveled a whole city block with some exploding runes and dispel magic. Anything else i can do to help this build.

thoughts plz, ty in advance.

PinkysBrain
2007-08-14, 11:57 AM
Probably a custom item, but PGtF does have the dispelling and greater dispelling magic weapon abilities which allow you to cast dispel on a hit three times a day.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-14, 11:58 AM
The +3 equiv "Superior dispelling" duplicates the Holy Avenger's dispelling (Standard action, area 5 ft burst, Caster level equals character level, max 10). Dragon magazine, 312.

At 79.2K, the greater dispelling enhancement gives targetted greater dispel magic (CL 11) 3/day on target hit as a free action. "Dispelling" does the same, at 6K, 1/day, CL 5, regular dispel magic. Both are from Player's guide to Faerun.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-08-14, 11:59 AM
not sure what PGtF is but thanks ill try to make one of my own, somthing like a binders Karus Touch but through a weapon, hm, how much would that cost. Ill talk to my DM

EDIT: ok i just got the FRCS no the guide. Ill look into it today, any sugestion on the antimage build though, or a link.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-14, 12:03 PM
Spell duplication rules would probably work here. That is, CL*Spell level*400*uses per day(Infinite is 5). Just add the cost directly on, e.g. CL 10 targeted dispel magic on all hits would be (10*3*400*5), which is 60000.

Mage slayer feat might work. No casting defensively while threatened!