PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Kasatha Gunmetal Mystic build help

GuestEleven
2017-09-28, 07:18 AM
Hello. I am currently in the works of making a Kasatha Gunmetal Mystic and I'm at a loss for what feats I should take. To start I'd like to say the character's name is Jhin G'taxus(points to anyone that get that name references) and my stats rolls were obnoxiously good. My group allows all Pathfinder and 3.5 options and third party options have a chance for acceptance upon review. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

The stats are as follows:
Str: 16
Dex: 20
Con: 17
Int: 17
Wis: 20
Cha: 16

I will have 12 feats to work with thanks to the 3.5 flaws system. I am using Unchained Monk as the base class being altered with some tweaks in progress to make things fit together more fluidly. My DM is allowing for me that if any point the bonus grit feats seem worthless I can switch back to bonus monk feats, as of now I'm not certain which grit feats I absolutely want and any that I don't. We're playing in a setting to where once I get enough money I will be able to make revolvers which I believe is important to note. I will gain Pistol Training from the Pistolero Gunslinger archetype at level 5 courtesy of my DM. My intentions for the character are to be a very mobile up close style of fighter, maybe adding some kiting with spring attack. I don't know for sure what string of feats may compliment this but any and all suggestions are welcome, and maybe some advice as far as Ki Powers would be welcome as well.

Thus far I have thought I might like to dig into the Empty Quiver Style chain, it seems to have a nice feature and my DM agreed that since pistol whipping deals unarmed strike damage and Empty Quiver Style will allow me to strike an opponent with your guns in a pistol whip style then once I gain access to the pistol whip deed then I will be able to just wield the weapons in my hand and still do unarmed strikes without burning grit on the deed.

The burning question for me is how many pistols I should aim for using at once since Kasatha have four arms. If I take the Quick Draw and Gun Twirling feats then I can draw and holster my pistols as a free action as long as I have grit assuring that I have a free hand to reload a weapon when needed because I can just holster then draw each one by one. It is also worth noting that I will have a Grit pool and a Ki Pool that I can spend as Grit basically assuring as long as I haven't been in dire straits I should always have at least one Grit. I also noticed that later in the advancement of Empty Quiver style that I can apply specific ranged attack feats to melee strikes and threaten squares around me as if I was holding melee weapons, I have experimented too little with ranged style characters to know how strong this may be but it really caught my interest as potentially powerful. In all honestly I have made too few monks to say that I really know how to optimize them either.

If it helps at all it sounds a lot like we will be at sea or on the ocean for a decent portion of the campaign, so any tricks or advice for keeping my guns functioning in such situations would be nice. I know with this being the case I will need to have a few powder horns to keep my powder safe. While looking into Punishing Kick I noticed that it said specifically that the kicked opponent must be able to land safely in a square, but when looking at Stabbing Shot I felt mildly unimpressed until I realized that it didn't say that they had to land in a safe square. Easy knock off cliffs or the sides of ships maybe?

Once again, thanks for any help and advice.