PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Hiding myself as an Undead

Heathcliff
2017-09-28, 11:22 AM
Hey guys, I am currently playing a 3rd lvl Necropolitan Dread Necromancer. As this is an evil game but we're low lvl I need to be able to function in towns without raising suspicion. Also a bunch of clerics of Pelor recently moved into a local fort that we just emptied out that used to be owned by a vampire. I can use Undetactable Alignment to hide the fact that I ping as evil but I don't know how to hide the fact that I am undead from the clerics. I can go into more detail about the world if you want but I mostly need help with being able to walk around a bunch of preists and clerics without being immediately smited. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!! :)

Westhart
2017-09-28, 11:56 AM
Hey guys, I am currently playing a 3rd lvl Necropolitan Dread Necromancer. As this is an evil game but we're low lvl I need to be able to function in towns without raising suspicion. Also a bunch of clerics of Pelor recently moved into a local fort that we just emptied out that used to be owned by a vampire. I can use Undetactable Alignment to hide the fact that I ping as evil but I don't know how to hide the fact that I am undead from the clerics. I can go into more detail about the world if you want but I mostly need help with being able to walk around a bunch of preists and clerics without being immediately smited. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!! :)

Disguise Undead, 2nd-level spell in Magic of Faerun should do the trick... unless they are convinced that there are undead sneaking around they shouldn't be too suspicious...

Diarmuid
2017-09-28, 12:45 PM
Something as simple as a disguise kit and investment into the disguise skill?

Westhart
2017-09-28, 01:06 PM
Something as simple as a disguise kit and investment into the disguise skill?

If they throw a detect undead the area he is in registers regardless though. (Clerics, in a place recently home of a vampire...)

Heathcliff
2017-09-28, 11:13 PM
Disguise Undead, 2nd-level spell in Magic of Faerun should do the trick... unless they are convinced that there are undead sneaking around they shouldn't be too suspicious...

I only get to add 1 spell from outside the premade list once every 4 lvls with my advanced learning and it can only be a necromancy spell.

rel
2017-09-28, 11:46 PM
Like all detection spells, detect undead is basically supermans x-ray vision.
It is stopped by lead.

Get yourself a lead lined hooded robe.
For bonus points make the robe white with a gold trim and carry a chromed sword instead of the traditional scythe and curvy dagger.

Next look at the disguise skill. It is clearly written with the assumption that you are trying to disguise yourself as a Specific Individual.
Ask your DM to give you a bonus for trying to disguise yourself as a generic do gooding human rather than Bob the guard captain specifically.

Then spend all that time the living need to spend sleeping taking 20 on said disguise check.

Crake
2017-09-29, 12:05 AM
Cast mislead on yourself. The cleric will get a save, but it's better than nothing.

Zaq
2017-09-29, 02:09 AM
Could you maybe just, y'know, not give them a reason to cast Detect Undead? That's not an at-will ability, and unless they're trying to root out a clandestine undead infiltration, they probably won't prepare the spell all that much, let alone spam it.

Combine that with a good mundane Disguise check, and you should probably be fine.

Alternatively (or perhaps in addition to that), get your Bluff score up sky-high and come up with a really good cover story. Clerics don't get Sense Motive as a class skill. Paladins do, but they have enough uses for their skill points that you can probably beat their bonus unless they've specifically invested in bonuses to it beyond just skill ranks.