PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Alimar: A tier 1 NPC class [PEACH]

ACExtravaganza
2017-09-28, 01:08 PM
A few years back I was part of a LoC game on this forum where I created the Alimar class in-game, but I never got around to writing it out, so this is my first draft. I'll probably get around to giving them some class abilities and/or custom spells over the coming weeks, and if anyone could explain how to make the new tables look right or make one for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Alimar

I am a one man engineer corps.

Magic is a great tool in this world, able to shape reality. Most with this propensity seek glory or riches or power, but a few choose a different path. A few choose to serve others, to try and make the world a better place through civil means. These servants of the people are known as Alimar.

Adventures: Alimar rarely, if ever, adventure. If they do their situation is typically quite desperate.

Characteristics: Alimar excel at helping others, providing the backbone of most communities of which they are a part.

Alignment: While an Alimar can be of any alignment, most Alimar are good.

Religion: Alimar tend to be religions, following gods of community and civilization most frequently.

Background: The call to serve come to those in all walks of life, and so Alimar come from as varied backgrounds as exist.

Races: All races have those who would see the world made better through their deed.

Other Classes: Alimar feel a kinship with Clerics and Favored Souls, for though their call to service was of a differant nature, Alimar can still empathize with it. Alimar get along worst with barbarians, as they are the antithesis to an Alimar's dedication to civilization and community.

Role: An Alimar doesn't really fill any party role that well. They can replace a cleric for out of combat healing, but their utility lies in a community, not on the field of battle.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Alimar have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Charisma and Constitution are the two most important abilities for an Alimar, followed by intelligence and wisdom.
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d6
Starting Age: As wizard.
Starting Gold: As expert.

Class Skills
Appraise, Concentration, Craft (any), Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (any), Listen, Perform (any), Profession (any), Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Use Magic Device, Use Rope.

Skill Points at First Level: (8 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 8 + Int modifier

[Table to go here, 1/2 BaB, good will save (bad fort and ref), spells per day as sorcerer]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Alimar

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Alimar are proficient with simple weapons and no armor.

Spells:: An Alimar is an arcane spell caster that draws its spells from the Alimar spell list (see Below). An Alimar casts spells from this list spontaneously as a sorcerer would cast known spells.

To cast a spell, an Alimar must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an Alimar’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Alimar’s Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, an Alimar can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Their base daily spell allotment is given on the table above (coming as soon as I figure out how the new table system works :P). In addition, they receive bonus spells per day if they have a high enough Charisma score.

The minimum casting time for any Alimar Spell is 1 minute per spell level.

0th:
Amanuensis (Spell Compendium)
Create Water
Cure Minor Wounds
Detect Magic
Detect Poison
Ghost Sounds
Guidance
Inflict Minor Wounds
Light
Mage Hand
Mending
Purify Food and Drink
Prestidigitation
Read Magic
Resistance
1st:
Alarm
Animate Rope
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds
Detect [Alignment]
Endure Elements
Erase
Floating Disc
Identify
Inflict Light Wounds
Magecraft (Eberron Campaign Setting)
Mount
Silent Image
Unseen Servant
2nd:
Augery
Bear's Endurance
Bull's Strength
Cat's Grace
Calm Emotions
Cure Moderate Wounds
Delay Poison
Detect Thoughts
Eagle's splendor
Find Traps
Fox's Cunning
Gentle Repost
Inflict Moderate Wounds
Knock
Levitate
Locate Object
Make Whole
Minor Image
Owl’s Wisdom
Remove Paralysis
Resist Energy
Restoration, Lesser
Rope Trick
Soften Earth and Stone
Status
Unseen Crafter (races of Eberron)
Zone of Truth
3rd:
Continual Flame
Create Food and Water
Cure Serious Wounds
Daylight
Dispel Magic
Fly
Helping Hand
Heroism
Inflict Serious Wounds
Locate Object
Major Image
Phantom Steed
Protection from Energy
Tiny Hut
Tongues
Secret Page
Shrink Item
Water Breathing
Water Walk
4th:
Air Walk
Control Water
Cure Critical Wounds
Death Ward
Discern Lies
Divination
Freedom of Movement
Hallucinatory Terrain
Inflict Critical Wounds
Locate Creature
Minor Creation
Neutralize Poison
Restoration
Stone Shape
5th:
Break Enchantment
Contact Other Plane
Cure Light Wounds, Mass
Fabricate
Inflict Light Wounds, Mass
Major Creation
Mirage Arcana
Overland Flight
Permanency
Persistent Image
Raise Dead
Sending
Teleport
Telekinesis
Transmute Mud to Rock
Transmute Rock to Mud
Wall of Stone
6th:
Bear’s Endurance, Mass
Bull's Strength, Mass
Cat's Grace, Mass
Dispel Magic, Greater
Eagle's Splendor, Mass
Find the Path
Flesh to Stone
Fox's Cunning, Mass
Harm
Heal
Hero's Feast
Legend Lore
Move Earth
Permanent Image
Programmed Image
Stone to Flesh
Windwalk
Owl's Wisdom, Mass
7th:
Control Weather
Cure Serious Wounds, Mass
Inflict Serious Wounds, Mass
Limited Wish
Mage's Magnificent Manson
Project Image
Regenerate
Restoration, Greater
Resurrection
Statue
Teleport, Greater
Teleport Object
8th:
Clone
Cure critical Wounds, Mass
Detoxify (Eberron Campaign Setting)
Discern Location
Inflict Critical Wounds, Mass
Iron Body
Temporal Stasis
True Creation (Eberron Campaign Setting)
9th:
Feast of Champions (Eberron Campaign Setting)
Freedom
Gate
Heal, Mass
Harm, Mass
Mage's Disjunction
Miracle
Teleportation Circle
True Resurrection
Wish

Westhart
2017-09-28, 01:28 PM
one note, under role I think you have a little copy paste that needs fixing: "Coward" > Alimar...

ACExtravaganza
2017-09-28, 01:32 PM
one note, under role I think you have a little copy paste that needs fixing: "Coward" > Alimar...

Thanks, I copied that over from another homebrew to get a baseline and forgot to fix all of it. Should be good now. Please let me know if you notice any other such errors.

Westhart
2017-09-28, 01:40 PM
Thanks, I copied that over from another homebrew to get a baseline and forgot to fix all of it. Should be good now. Please let me know if you notice any other such errors.

No problem, for the tables there is this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?341034-table-s-in-the-Playground-All-you-want-to-know-about-the-table-code) if it helps... Although you probably know that.