PDA

View Full Version : Magic Eater [Item Concept Help]

Goober4473
2007-08-14, 03:45 PM
I want to make an intelligent bracer that can use infusion as an artifacer, but I want it to build up energy to use them from absorbing magic. From magic items (sort of like a rod of concellation), primarily, but also from hostile spells, as a rod of absorption. But how should I prevent the party from just casting their own spells into it, as it will be rechargable? Should I just have a max charge, so that it can't negate enemy spells when it's full? That way, if they charge it up, it wont be able to protect them.

Thistle
2007-08-14, 04:21 PM
You could have the bracers only able to absorb negative spell effects but it needs to make a Save/Concentration check to do it (DC dependent on spell level). That way, the party could try to charge it by casting lightning bolts at whoever is wearing it, but there is a chance that the bracers won't protect them from damage. Giving it a max charge is a good idea as well.

Goober4473
2007-08-14, 06:52 PM
Item is made. See this thread if you want to help me out more: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53800