PDA

View Full Version : D&D: Kotomine Kirei (Fate Stay Night) Sheet (Title and subject might change)

EvilMegaCookie
2017-09-30, 02:03 PM
Well, an attempt at it at least. Hopefully, there is no duplicate. Problem is, my experience with the system itself can be roughly summed up as zilch. Nada. But I was kinda curious as to how this would look and is pretty much the reason why I signed up. Not quite sure if I should do this as an NPC sheet or BBGE. If there is a difference between the two. Well, besides the obvious I guess.

A bit of fun theory crafting, really. I suspect that this will require homebrew of some sort, but I figured I could take the painful route and try doing it as rule-friendly as possible. Or I could do two different versions. Right, here we go I guess:

Name: Kotomine Kirei
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Class: Monk 5/Cleric 3 (Honestly I am not sure if Cleric even fits)

STR: 22
DEX: 22
CON: 18
INT: 17
WIS: 19
CHA: 16

That was the easiest part. Now, you might be wondering: Why does he have such ridiculous stats? Well, I figured this was pretty reasonable considering he can do the following: Break a tree with his bare hands, punch someone so hard that they fly into a concrete wall AND the impact creating a considerable crack in it. Also crushed said man's heart. For DEX, I figure that simply reflects his ability to accurately read and react to ambushes, toss swords like they were daggers with ridiculous precision and keep parrying despite losing vision in one eye and having a broken arm as well as damaged leg.

I could go on but it might be better to just provide a video in order to avoid cluttering the post with babble. Anyway, the feat part and such is where I am stumped. Monk is fairly easy in comparison, but Cleric is where it gets difficult. He does have the capability to heal. It is just... rather odd in the context of D&D I imagine. He doesn't heal the flesh, but the soul. And since this is an innate talent from what I remember, it'd most likely be considered a Spell-like or Supernatural.

As you can probably tell, I have next to no clue as to what I am doing. So.. a bit of help? Pretty please? But here are some feats I have so far for his Monk side:

Monk:
Bonus Feat (Stunning Fist)
Unarmed Strike (Improved Unarmed Strike)
Evasion
Bonus Feat (Combat Reflexes)

Feats:
Stunning Fist (Bonus)
Improved Unarmed Strike (Bonus)
Combat Reflexes (Bonus)

I just grabbed a few that looked like they fit so pardon if it is a bit haphazard. And if you want some more visual stuff on exactly what he is capable of, here is a video that might help. Just a warning though. It contains heavy spoilers for Fate/Zero, so watch at your own risk... Or I would if it weren't for the need to post nine more times. Drat.

Forrestfire
2017-09-30, 02:24 PM
I would likely stat him as a Martial Monk (Kung-Fu Genius or Carmendine Monk) 2/Factotum 8+ (in whatever order)/Swordsage 1/Master Thrower 5. His whole deal is that he's studied everything, and Factotum gives the abilities to handle that, including not just skills and combat power but healing, spells, and other abilities.

Stat his blade things as thrown daggers, and you can throw two for each attack you'd make with Master Thrower. The Shadow Blade feat will get you Dex to damage on Finesse stuff, to help support his acrobatic fighting style.

And, of course, he should take the Great Diplomat feat (Dragon #318) to get himself a telekinetic sword-thrower as a cohort.

Or maybe make Kirei the cohort, and stat Gil as the higher-level one of the pair... :smallamused:

He doesn't heal the flesh, but the soul.

Thanks to the abstraction of hit points, Spiritual Healing can be represented as normal healing. HP is a combination of many things, and plenty of healing is not strictly flesh anyway.

Prime32
2017-09-30, 03:26 PM
Kotomine's psychic surgery seems like a combination of spells like remove disease and healing lorecall, and maybe the Graft Flesh feat.

Honestly I am not sure if Cleric even fits

And if you want some more visual stuff on exactly what he is capable of, here is a video that might help. Just a warning though. It contains heavy spoilers for Fate/Zero, so watch at your own risk...For the sake of clarification, have you read Fate/stay night or only Fate/Zero? Because in the original story he does a bunch of stuff that you didn't mention, including a holy attack.

For one thing he should have either the necropolitan template or a graft that gives him immunity to critical hits.

EvilMegaCookie
2017-09-30, 03:41 PM
I read FSN first and then watched Fate/Zero when it got an anime adaptation. And unfortunately, you will have to explain quite a few things as I have little to no knowledge outside the basics. If even that as some terms are still alien to me. Chalk it up to a lack of experience I suppose.

And yeah, I kinda forgot about that one. But figured I could focus on Fate/Zero since it has quite a few things he does that gives a good idea of what he can physically do. Heaven's Feel is getting a movie trilogy so there will be more for him to show. Pardon, I mean Kotomine's Feel. :P

By the way, is there a thread that focuses on stuff like this? I have already created the thread, but I have a few other characters I think could be fun to implement after I am done with this. So rather than make a new thread again, I figure I could either join an already ongoing thread or maybe just make this thread into a "make fictional character of your choice into a D&D sheet".

Hence the parentheses in the title. :P

Alternatively, maybe I could get a few pointers to which editions I should buy? Been thinking of doing that anyway.

zergling.exe
2017-09-30, 04:12 PM
That was the easiest part. Now, you might be wondering: Why does he have such ridiculous stats? Well, I figured this was pretty reasonable considering he can do the following: Break a tree with his bare hands, Magic. Watch the scene again, and note that his hands remain in place on the tree as it is cut through.

punch someone so hard that they fly into a concrete wall AND the impact creating a considerable crack in it. Again, magic. Stay Night has an excellent example of someone having physical strength boosted to high holy heaven when Caster's master engages Shirou in hand-to-hand. What Kirei does is beyond that.

Also crushed said man's heart. This is a style of martial arts that Kirei admits at the end of Heaven's Feel is a 'poor imitation' of the actual style. Stunning Fist works.

For DEX, I figure that simply reflects his ability to accurately read and react to ambushes, This is likely more Wis/Int than Dex.

toss swords like they were daggers The Black Keys are throwing weapons. Their balance is designed for it.

with ridiculous precision and keep parrying despite losing vision in one eye and having a broken arm as well as damaged leg. This is likely due to high Dex/Wis, with the damaged limbs being surprisingly accurate to D&D's HP system. Except for the part where they are useless otherwise.

I could go on but it might be better to just provide a video in order to avoid cluttering the post with babble. Anyway, the feat part and such is where I am stumped. Monk is fairly easy in comparison, but Cleric is where it gets difficult. He does have the capability to heal. It is just... rather odd in the context of D&D I imagine. He doesn't heal the flesh, but the soul. And since this is an innate talent from what I remember, it'd most likely be considered a Spell-like or Supernatural. Sacred Fist off Clerc/Monk entry would probably be able to fulfill most of what you want. Most Monk stuff gets advanced and you get more Cleric spells to symbolize his magic ability. Don't think too hard about how exactly things work. Just look over the Cleric spell list and find things that fit. Even if Kirei doesn't use it in F/SN or F/Z he is likely capable of doing it.

As you can probably tell, I have next to no clue as to what I am doing. So.. a bit of help? Pretty please? But here are some feats I have so far for his Monk side:

Fast Movement
Evasion
Combat Reflexes
Improved Unarmed Strike (If I understand this correctly, this is gained automatically because, y'know, good at punching things) Just want to point out that Combat Reflexes is the only feat (even if gained through class features) that you have listed. It might be a good idea to keep class features and feats in separate lists to make it easier to read. Something like this:

Class Features:

Bonus Feat (Stunning Fist)
Unarmed Strike (Improved Unarmed Strike)
Evasion
Bonus Feat (Combat Reflexes)

Feats:

Stunning Fist (Bonus)
Improved Unarmed Strike (Bonus)
Combat Reflexes (Bonus)

In regards to more characters, there are some old threads for Video Game and Anime characters floating around, though they haven't been touched in months so you'd have to get in contact with the mods and thread creator to see if it's okay to necro them. Kirei could fit in either, just make sure you don't necro a thread and get in trouble for it.
Anime (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?504482-Anime-Characters-as-D-amp-D-Characters-v2-0)
Video Game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?507596-Video-Game-characters-as-D-amp-D-Characters-v2-0)

EvilMegaCookie
2017-09-30, 05:55 PM
The first part is somewhat wrong. He broke the tree due to his physical abilities and training in a martial art that is loosely based on the actual martial art, Bajiquan. No clue if I am spelling the name correctly though. But if I remember correctly, in the final fight he is using magic of sort, only using the Command Seals instead to boost his physical abilities and strengthen his throwing weapons to be more durable in order to block Kiritsugu's Origin Bullet. And to block it with his bare hands. Unless that was an anime only thing.

But the things he does is thanks to his absurd training and martial arts pretty much giving you the ability to be superhuman with enough training in FSN unless noted otherwise. And yeah, they are more like daggers. But their length is so absurd that I suspect it requires some measure of superhuman skill to wield. I certainly don't think a normal human could pull that off.

And Caster's case is definitely a case of Magic since it allows her Master to keep up with Servants. But Kirei's Command Seal spam isn't quite on that level. And I will do that. Thanks for the help. Also, I added the text from the light novel for further clarification. The tree part I mean.

Also, do you think I should change the stats a bit? Or do they just need to be moved around?

But the two women had underestimated the terror of an
An executor of the Church. With no knowledge of Chinese kungfu,
Irisviel thought it necessary only to bind Kirei’s hands to render
him helpless; she could hardly be blamed. For someone so highly
trained, the entire body was a weapon. He planted both feet on
the ground ...

“Boom!” The deafening sound rendered Irisviel speechless. The
tree trunk shook erratically. That sound could only be made by
one striking a tree with full strength. The strike sounded clearly
again. This time, doubting her ears, she heard the chilling sound of
breakage. She could not see the situation, but Irisviel understood
through the touch of her silver threads. Large cracks had appeared
in the tree trunk Kirei was bound to, at the spot directly below his
hands. Kirei, the back of his hands pressing against the bark, was
striking at the tree trunk with all of his strength.
Irisviel could not have known this: the strength of a martial
arts master was not produced at the wrist. The strength of the
feet on the ground, the turning of the back, and the twisting of
shoulders—with these, it was possible to instantaneously release
a burst of power in the fists. To an expert, the strength of the arm
was insignificant compared to the power of the whole body. One
can press the fist next to the target and strike solely with a force
external to the arm—this was the hidden technique of explosive
force.

The sound of the third strike shook the forest. This was much
stronger than before. The tree trunk groaned one last time as the
broken fibers broke with loud cracks, and collapsed, depriving the
threads of their binding support. Grabbing the thread with both
hands, Kirei nonchalantly escaped the silvery ring at the point
of collapse and pulled the thread apart link by link. Irisviel fell
to her knees instantly from the powerful backlash of her broken
magic. Calmly stepping forward in the manner of a victorious
conqueror, Kirei looked into the despairing eyes of the two
women and strode to the Calico, easily crushing its wooden frame
under his hammerlike feet.

Prime32
2017-09-30, 08:23 PM
Kirei is a skilled Executor, who has become a combat expert with over ten years of experiences in killing magi. He has experience hunting many strange magi and has fought countless numbers to the death, so he is used to facing enemies beyond common sense. Even though Rin is stronger, he would counter her talents in battle because of his experience. As he knows her, he would win against her eighty percent of the time due to having knowledge of her past traumatic experiences. He excels at opening up the trauma of the enemy, and as it is not easy for humans to conquer trauma printed into them, having such experiences probed would make her unable to take advantage of her true potential.

He is extremely strong, allowing him to gather all his strength to jump ten meters up and grab a person out of a tree by the head before they can react, all in an instant. Due to his strength, his muscles are trained to the point where they go far beyond what would overpower a normal person in theory. He can easily fall twenty meters while carrying a small girl and land without any issue. He can run fifty kilometers per hour in a forest with uneven terrain while carrying a small girl without reinforcing himself with magecraft, and he does not display any tiredness at all, compared to Shirou being barely able to keep up even when using reinforcement to a large degree. He is skilled at free climbing, comparing climbing four stories of a building as easy as walking down the street compared to something like a wall of ice.

He is not like vampires who are able to dodge a bullet after it has been fired, so he has to predict the shooter's thoughts, killing intent, and preparatory actions and act beforehand. With extremely quick evasive actions, he moves at the moment the enemy fires to effectively dodge the bullets. He utilizes his bulletproof frock, made from thick Kevlar filaments and covered seamlessly with the Church’s special protection spells, to deal with smaller firearms. He is free to charge at someone openly firing by covering his head with his arms and not bother with dodging. Bullets still have an extremely powerful impact, but his well-trained musculature acts like a sort of armor that protects his organs and bones and keeps him from staggering against a hail of bullets. Kevlar protects against gunshots, but he is forced to protect himself against knives because kevlar is vulnerable to being cut by a sharp blade.If he deliberately jumped down 20 meters (65ft), and can make DC 15 Jump and Tumble checks consistently, then that's the equivalent of falling 40ft, or 20ft if he's immune to nonlethal damage and is falling onto soft ground.

50km/h is about 40ft per round. Presumably he has +10ft fast movement, is moving through light undergrowth (which halves speed), taking a double move each turn, and has a Strength score high enough to carry 34kg of weight (75lbs) as a light load - i.e. Strength 16 or higher.

Also, he has equipment that grants DR/slashing.

Kirei is a practitioner of a type of Bajiquan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bajiquan) that Gen Urobuchi calls "Super Bajiquan". It is an ultimate technique born from the miraculous fusion of Bajiquan and magecraft, having become an Internal Art that transcends the External Art. It is a reckless attack belonging solely to Kirei, whose self-destructive fighting style even enables him to sacrifice an arm.

It is a style that takes the shortest route without any initial movement, and damages opponents from the inside out. Even against opponents with skin like iron, the impacts will still pierce through them.

He relies on the "moving stance", a dangerous secret of Bajiquan, to advance towards the enemy by sneaking with a sight step, and without announcing its speed, shorten the distance.

He has mastered "hearing a move", a concept that a martial artist reaches a certain state where they no longer need eyesight to detect the enemy’s movement. He can predict the opponent’s next move purely on the brief moment when his arm blocks that of his opponent, meaning that having a blind spot or having an enemy too fast for the human eye to see is not a problem. Even with blood affecting his right eye, having use of only his left arm, and fighting an opponent moving at three times human speed, he is able to block every strike without issue.
So, some way to ignore DR and/or make touch attacks. There's a few maneuvers for that, plus the wraithstrike spell.

Kirei is extremely skilled with Black Keys, thin blades resembling a rapier that are longer than a meter with a short hilt. They are Keys of Providence used specifically by Executors as projectile weapons. They boast great power and a high difficulty to master, so Kirei is a strong and rare expert at utilizing them in battle. The blade is a semi-solid formed by magical energy, so it is only necessary to carry the small hilt. He holds a high number of them at one time under his frock, and nobody knows their exact number. Rather than magecraft, it is a sacrament that is utilized to fight spirits, so it can affect a Servant should one somehow hit them. They lack balance in close combat, making them unwieldy to defend against a smaller weapon like a dagger, so he instead relies on his Bajiquan under such circumstances.

Four Black Keys in a single hand is his limit. He can complete a single throw and any necessary preparatory movements in 0.3 seconds, and he can perform four separate throws in 0.7 seconds. With his skill, he is able to simultaneously throw one while also avoiding an attack with extreme accuracy. He can also throw accurately from a face down position on the ground. He is able to maintain a one hundred percent striking accuracy even against unconfirmed targets. While it is hand-tossed, it boasts enough power to penetrate reinforced concrete and iron.

As Keys of Providence, they are able to call forth the original laws of nature vampires were subject to as humans, thus preventing them from healing the wounds made with this weapon. Emphasized on the ability to intervene spiritually against "evil", they focus less on physical attack power, even affecting powerful spirits like Servants to some degree should they be struck. It is not enough to inflict any sort of fatal injury to them no matter how much energy is put into them, but the can be used to distract or pin them for a brief moment under the right circumstances.

Kirei was born with Magic Circuits despite having a non-magus lineage. Ever since he first began his tutelage in magecraft, he has not advanced beyond the degree of beginner, and he cannot reach the "first-rate" level no matter his efforts. During his training with Tokiomi, he studied alchemy, spiritual evocation, summoning, divination, and spiritual healing. The only area where he displayed a natural talent was spiritual healing, in which he ultimately became more skilled than even his master after three years. Spiritual healing is a "curse" that can remove the infected part without using a single surgical knife on the body; it is known as an unusual practice only utilized in uncivilized areas, and it is especially uncommon for a man of the Church to utilize it.

During battle, his most adept skill is physical enhancement to exert greater physical strength. While Rin is considered his student, he is vastly inferior to her. While he is not a genius, just a "normal man", he is able to achieve quick results through complete and total effort, putting in ten to twenty times the effort of other people. He stops short of the last step, throwing all previous labor out like trash.

zergling.exe
2017-09-30, 09:12 PM
The first part is somewhat wrong. He broke the tree due to his physical abilities and training in a martial art that is loosely based on the actual martial art, Bajiquan. No clue if I am spelling the name correctly though. Didn't know that. Probably could stat that as Stone Dragon maneuvers. Would allow you to lower the stats to less obscene levels. Just make him an Unarmed Swordsage instead of a Monk. Might have problems qualifying for Sacred Fist as easily and lose out on maneuver advancement, but as the DM you should be able to bend the rules a bit to make it work.

But if I remember correctly, in the final fight he is using magic of sort, only using the Command Seals instead to boost his physical abilities and strengthen his throwing weapons to be more durable in order to block Kiritsugu's Origin Bullet. And to block it with his bare hands. Unless that was an anime only thing. The Command Spells are instantaneous uses, fueling singular spells. Basically instead of supplying his own mana, he used the Command Spell as the mana source. It caused the Command Spell's magic circuit to get screwed up, but since that didn't exist anymore it was pointless.

But the things he does is thanks to his absurd training and martial arts pretty much giving you the ability to be superhuman with enough training in FSN unless noted otherwise. The border of superhuman in the Fate universe is basically magic. The stronger a mage you are the more mana you can utilize to boost your physical ability. That's half the secret of Heroes, they are effectively super powerful mages, but most have no spells to use.

And yeah, they are more like daggers. But their length is so absurd that I suspect it requires some measure of superhuman skill to wield. I certainly don't think a normal human could pull that off. Black Keys are standard Executor gear. The training in their use comes with the job. As a weapon they are basically heavy rapiers with more weight towards the tip.

And Caster's case is definitely a case of Magic since it allows her Master to keep up with Servants. But Kirei's Command Seal spam isn't quite on that level. They are kind of hard to compare due to the different styles used, but I think that Kirei definitely had far more power behind the strike. Keep in mind that Kiritsugu was effectively killed with each blow Kirei landed, Avalon was the only thing keeping him alive.

And I will do that. Thanks for the help. Also, I added the text from the light novel for further clarification. The tree part I mean.

Also, do you think I should change the stats a bit? Or do they just need to be moved around?
Could probably just drop them all a bit and give him a Belt of Physical Perfection (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/belt-of-physical-perfection) and a Headband of Mental Superiority (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/headband-of-mental-superiority). Pathfinder items, but they should be just fine to use in a 3.5 game.