PDA

View Full Version : Elan is Luke Skywalker

Charles Phipps
2007-08-14, 04:37 PM
* We know Elan's father is an evil warlord.
* We've seen Elan go through training to become talented.
* Elan is blonde.
* Elan is whiny.
* Elan is being instructed in the Force of Magic by V.

Is it possible than Elan is going to end up being the big hero?

Is it possible we'll discover Elan is secretly the son of a major character!

(Poor Cuckholded Evil warlord)

Yes, Elan is actually Half-Goblin! Redcloak's son!

yoshi927
2007-08-14, 04:46 PM
This is Roy's story. No Cure for the Paladin Blues. :smallbiggrin:

Gez
2007-08-14, 05:00 PM
But if Elan is Luke, then... Roy is Han Solo! And Durkon is Chewbacca! Belkar is R2D2! Vaarsuvius is C3PO! And eeeeeek!!!! Haley is Leia! OMG incest!

I can only hope that Rich will have enough free time, and feel well enough, to drop a non-stop rain of new comics so as to quench all the silly boredom-induced rampage discussions that are creeping up in this forum.

(PS: Elan in an X-Wing versus Black Mage on a Nimbus 2000, who would win?)

psychoticbarber
2007-08-14, 05:20 PM

The Doctor, of course.

yoshi927
2007-08-14, 05:30 PM
But if Elan is Luke, then... Roy is Han Solo! And Durkon is Chewbacca! Belkar is R2D2! Vaarsuvius is C3PO! And eeeeeek!!!! Haley is Leia! OMG incest!

I can only hope that Rich will have enough free time, and feel well enough, to drop a non-stop rain of new comics so as to quench all the silly boredom-induced rampage discussions that are creeping up in this forum.

(PS: Elan in an X-Wing versus Black Mage on a Nimbus 2000, who would win?)Well, X-Wing beats the crap out of a broomstick, but BM would win for precisely this reason;

:elan: OOH! What's the red button that says "EV" do?!!! *presses, and goes evac*

Then BM would try to do a victory dance and fall of the broomstick.

Oberon
2007-08-14, 07:08 PM
eeeeeek!!!! Haley is Leia! OMG incest!
To be fair, Luke DID kiss his sister. :smalltongue:

Bogardan_Mage
2007-08-14, 08:12 PM
Is it possible than Elan is going to end up being the big hero?
He's a Dashing Swordsman. It's, like, a class feature or something.

theinsulabot
2007-08-14, 08:22 PM
why yes we do need another incompetant, whiny hero who by all rights should be dead and gone by now. it all makes sense now!

Logic
2007-08-14, 08:59 PM
I hereby vote that Elan be voiced by Mark Hamill. He is a talented voice actor after all.

explanetpluto
2007-08-14, 10:30 PM
If Redcloak is the father, would that make Xykon the emperor?

de-trick
2007-08-14, 11:38 PM
wow that sounds exactly true, but elans rapier should have some type of glowing ability

but he has both his hands

skywalker
2007-08-15, 12:14 AM
wow that sounds exactly true, but elans rapier should have some type of glowing ability

but he has both his hands

As of RIGHT NOW, maybe not later...

PsyBlade
2007-08-15, 12:43 AM
I hereby vote that Elan be voiced by Mark Hamill. He is a talented voice actor after all.

I dunno, I just can't come to terms with Elan sounding like the Joker.

Spiky
2007-08-15, 12:58 AM
why yes we do need another incompetant, whiny hero who by all rights should be dead and gone by now. it all makes sense now!

[sic]
This is where the comparison breaks down. In Luke's first action he took command of a squad of more experienced pilots and destroyed the Death Star.

Elan's sword broke when Belkar shouted. Slightly different.

PsyBlade
2007-08-15, 02:10 AM
Luke has always been competent. Elan, ...

Mirage_of_Deceit
2007-08-15, 02:20 AM
Wait, does that make Nale, Boba Fett :smalleek:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-15, 02:24 AM
Elan is Luke Skywalker?

I thought that was self-evident.

Charles Phipps
2007-08-15, 04:08 AM
Luke has always been competent. Elan, ...

Always?

Errr....

Two words.

Tosche Station my friend.

And yes, Redcloak as Vader and Xykon as the Emperor is also self-evident.

As for Roy. Roy is Obi Wan.

Except, instead of being cut down to help Elan get away on the Falcon, he fell off the Dragon after too many ales.

I assume this makes Haley, Mara Jade.

Studoku
2007-08-15, 04:12 AM
:thog: would win of course.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-08-15, 04:32 AM

No, Princess Leia. The twins thing should have made it obvious.

Nale is in fact a disguised lesbian.

Julio Scoundrel is Han Solo and Thog is Chewbacca. Wait... Julio already said the Padawan thing.

Me thinks this arguement is stupid perhaps...

Gez
2007-08-15, 05:17 AM

OMG, Nale is Leia too!

Spiky
2007-08-15, 09:41 PM
Always?

Errr....

Two words.

Tosche Station my friend.

And yes, Redcloak as Vader and Xykon as the Emperor is also self-evident.

As for Roy. Roy is Obi Wan.

Except, instead of being cut down to help Elan get away on the Falcon, he fell off the Dragon after too many ales.

I assume this makes Haley, Mara Jade.

Nice to see people know the EU. And actually, the Mara/Haley comparison is far more valid than almost any other surmised in this thread.

But still.....every story has a protagonist and an antagonist. Claiming these are self-evident is possible in a comparison to every fantasy story that exists, that doesn't make anything special about this one. Elan and Luke just don't seem similar at all to me. And the personalities of Vader/Sidious are different from RC/Xykon. Maybe a bit closer comparing Vader to Xykon and RC to Sidious, but that's backward. Vader is certainly nothing like RC except being #2 evil guy. Oh, and having a cloak.

Frankly, Elan wasn't even all that whiny or immature, just incompetent in a fight and happy-go-lucky, party guy. Meanwhile Luke was always competent (although he may not have been as good a pilot as his dad at age 10), but immature, prideful to a fault. Those may seem similar traits on the surface, but they really aren't. Elan is quite humble, for instance. Luke didn't bother to learn any humility til he tried to start a school.

And I presume you mean Tahashi Station, but I don't know why that shows Luke incompetent. He certainly was completely inexperienced in Mos Eisley meeting up with Solo, but he was very competent as soon as he learned something, or did some fighting in a ship.

Charles Phipps
2007-08-15, 10:27 PM
Redcloak as Vader: I dunno, Redcloak is the Child of Evil prophecy that had his mother killed at an early age. However, he ends up killing a close family member. He's number 2# badguy to his psychotic master. Redcloak seems more honorable than his insane master and at times seems like he's enslaved to Xykon more than he is his partner. Redcloak is much more blunt force than Xykon but also more spiritual/militant.

Xykon as Palpatine: Xykon is pretty much all about ROTJ Palpatine. A cackling, laughing, lunatic wizard that enjoys torturing his number 2# man and turning him against his own family. Xykon could clearly care less about the Empire that he's going to establish and is much more interested in the greater arcane/spiritual evils of the event. He loves mocking the heroes and their efforts along with his own Number 2# henchmen.

And I said Tosche Station http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tosche_Station because its a sign of him basically complaining about stupid stuff to his Kinda-Uncle.

For me, I tend to think Elan and Luke aren't TOO similar in most respects. However, I view them as essentially kids who have no real reason to be adventuring other than the fact that they were pretty much bored with their existing lives. They're also the "innocent" point of view with characters like Roy providing a more grounded and realistic view of the world (I always felt adults like Luke were better to providing this than the idiocy of having kids do it). They're both characters that have grown and matured as the story progressed.

Plus, they're blonde nice guys who get the hot red headed Rogues.

Of course, I'd love to see Elan turn out to be Half-Goblin just to break stereotype.

Gez
2007-08-16, 05:30 AM
Of course, I'd love to see Elan turn out to be Half-Goblin just to break stereotype.

There's only room for one half-goblin (http://mixedmyth.comicgenesis.com/keeva.html) and the post is taken!

Death Giant
2007-08-16, 07:39 AM
I knew Elan would be the big hero. He is just so freakin retarted! :elan: :amused:

GrayMatter
2007-08-16, 08:18 AM
To be fair, Luke DID kiss his sister. :smalltongue:

Bah, I always wanted Han Solo and Leia to be brother and sister. They look (and seem) a lot more alike.

And that way, Luke could have got the girl. Just imagine all the cornhuskin', womprattin' fun they could have had on Coruscant :D

Acyberexile
2007-08-16, 02:26 PM
Elan is Luke theory: Several differences. First of all, Elan's father is not the most powerful person in the galaxy (or the world for that matter.). Second of all, Elan is not an orphan. He was raised by his own mother, unlike Luke, who was raised by someone who he has no blood relations with. And finally, Elan is stupid (I'd like to remind you the "I'm on an adventure, whee!" panel) unlike Luke, who is fairly intelligent. But also, there are several similarities. Both of their nemesis' are familiy members (Luke's father and Elan's brother). Both of them was useless in battle before they got trained by an old guy who were considered great swordsmen when they were young. And finally both of them have a tough friend who gets annoyed by them first, but still saves them out trouble a couple of times. (Luke = Han, Elan = Roy)

Roy is Han theory: Pretty valid. But there are several key differences. First, Roy rarely is sarcastic and snappy. Second, Roy thinks money is not that important, unlike Han, who has based his whole life style on credits. Also, Roy does not flirt with the female member of the group. But both of them share a history with a hairy member of the group, both of them get annoyed by the whining of the blonde member of the party. Both of them got incapacitated and caused members of the party to come rescue him.

Haley is Mara theory: The best of all. Both are rogues (one does not have a core class, but rather she is literally a rogue), both are sneaky and both fell in love with people who you'd think they wouldn't fall in love with (Also both of their lovers are the son of an evil lord). Also, both are redheads and has trust issues. But one major difference is that Mara does not care about anyone until he meets Luke and is pretty evil until this point, unlike Haley, who has always been good-ish. (Plus, Haley did not give birth to a child with the aforementioned unlikely lover.)

Redcloak is Vader theory: Nah. Redcloak has a pretty good reason why to kill all those humans, Vader turned into dark side for selfish reason. Redcloak was never regarded as the most powerful cleric or anything, and unlike Vader, has never been more powerful than his current situation. Vader has conspired to take his masters place, unlike Redcloak, who is loyal.

Xykon is Emperor theory: One word: patience. Emperor has slowly worked on his plan for tens of years. He has planned and foresaw every possibility and acted accordingly. He first established himself as a friendly senator, then rose to power using a confederation to wage war on his own planet. After this, to get more power, he created a war between him and himself that continued for years. Xykon on the other hand, couldn't spare three seconds for discussing strategy with Redcloak.

Sorry to sound a bit nerdish and over-serious there, just wanted to write this for some reason :smallbiggrin:

Dr._Weird
2007-08-17, 01:52 AM
The Doctor, of course.

Why thank you.

Oberon
2007-08-17, 02:07 AM
Elan is Luke theory:

Roy is Han theory: Pretty valid. But there are several key differences. First, Roy rarely is sarcastic and snappy.

Umm... Roy is pretty consistantly sarcastic throughout the comic. I've always found it one the ditinguishing feautures of his character. There are plenty of examples, but here's one in the third-to-last panel. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0409.html)

The Real reason Roy could not be Han Solo is that he's Lawful.

Edit: Unrelated:If Elan ever meets Julio Scoundrel again, he will die and thus fill the role of Obi-wan.

Gez
2007-08-17, 02:23 AM
(Plus, Haley did not give birth to a child with the aforementioned unlikely lover.)

Yet.

Give it time. At a rate of what, three weeks of real time per hour of comic time (the current pace of the OotS), you'd have to wait something until August of the year 2385 years before ruling it out entirely. :smallbiggrin:

ag30476
2007-08-17, 03:32 AM
* We know Elan's father is an evil warlord.

That's been done before...

(Poor Cuckholded Evil warlord)

But that hasn't! I can't recall a cucholded evil warlord...generally not a good idea...but here's a good place to get started on tropes! (http://tvtropes.org/)