PDA

View Full Version : trying to remember a name of metal

cullynthedwarf
2017-10-01, 01:09 AM
Looking for a description I read a few years ago.

The metal when it is worked ends up being bright red. Its unique that if left alone for a few days salt crystals grow on the exposed metal. The longer it sits idle the bigger the crystals become.

I made a stock pot out of this and every few days it would grow a new crop of salt to flavor whatever was boiled in it.

Help me, geeky one kenobi.
Your my only hope.

Crake
2017-10-01, 01:54 AM
Looking for a description I read a few years ago.

The metal when it is worked ends up being bright red. Its unique that if left alone for a few days salt crystals grow on the exposed metal. The longer it sits idle the bigger the crystals become.

I made a stock pot out of this and every few days it would grow a new crop of salt to flavor whatever was boiled in it.

Help me, geeky one kenobi.
Your my only hope.

The metal is called kheferu from sandstorm. In addition to what you described, it also has the unique property of being able to overcome the DR of any creature with the [Earth] subtype, regardless of what it's DR normally is (this includes the DR/- of earth elementals). It's fairly cheap, costing the same as cold iron.

Edit: It is worth noting that the salt crystals take months to form.

Salt crystals grow on the sides of the weapon if it is left untended for more than a few months, but these are easily wiped away.

cullynthedwarf
2017-10-01, 01:58 AM
Thanks I found it about 10 minutes after posting