PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need some Quest help

Blackhawk748
2017-10-01, 12:32 PM
If you're applying for my E6 game here on the forums, no more reading. Now, on to business

The first quest in this Dark Fantasy sandbox im running takes place in the town of Blutfeld which is having a wolf problem. Yes, their first quest is pest control. However, these wolves are much nastier than normal wolves and thats because they are being slowly corrupted by several corrupted wolves, which where in turn created by a wizard in a nearby ruin who is basically just screwing around. Now, i like using wolves, they're fun, but i think i need more than just that but i dont wanna ruin theme, so i need more wolf-like critter.

Right now i've got normal wolves, wolves with the Corrupted template, and a Death Dog (this is the Wzards Familiar). I dont wanna use Worgs and i may use a Dire Wolf later, not sure. So what other wolf like monsters or neat templates do you have? I will also take suggestions for other interesting things to toss into the Wizard's ruin, as he's only actually controls a few rooms in it.

Mike Miller
2017-10-01, 01:32 PM
Krenshar, Fiendish Wolf, Barghest, Hell Hound

ExLibrisMortis
2017-10-01, 02:07 PM
Blightspawned wolves, and later on, juju zombie wolves. Spread like the plague, these blighters.

Blackhawk748
2017-10-01, 02:21 PM
Blightspawned wolves, and later on, juju zombie wolves. Spread like the plague, these blighters.

I only found Blightspawn the creature, not a template, could you direct me?

ExLibrisMortis
2017-10-01, 02:38 PM
I only found Blightspawn the creature, not a template, could you direct me?
Unapproachable East, page 59. Juju zombie, page 66 of the same. Blightspawned creatures are plant creatures, and after a few months, they turn into undead creatures (so undead plants).

Fliggl
2017-10-01, 02:43 PM
Why not adding a Gray Render?

A unique quality of the gray render is its tendency to bond with, protect, and provide for another creature (or group of creatures) native to its surroundings. Whether accepted or not, the render always attempts to remain fairly close, watching over its adopted charge(s) and daily bringing an offering of meat. It never willingly harms adopted creatures and retreats if they attack it.

The Monster Manual entry explicitly says that the group could be wolves.

Blackhawk748
2017-10-01, 02:52 PM
Unapproachable East, page 59. Juju zombie, page 66 of the same. Blightspawned creatures are plant creatures, and after a few months, they turn into undead creatures (so undead plants).

Neat, sounds like a something a half mad wizard may come up with.

Why not adding a Gray Render?

The Monster Manual entry explicitly says that the group could be wolves.

I always forget Gray Renders are a thing, i may drop one in.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-10-01, 05:55 PM
A Shadow Mastiff (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shadowMastiff.htm) (make it a wolf, use the same stats) can be quite challenging if they don't have Daylight or similar. Even if they do, it would run away and stalk them from the shadows until the spell runs out. If it's in a forest with a dense enough canopy or indoors/underground it can Shadow Blend even in the middle of the day.