PDA

View Full Version : Falling Stars [IC]

JNAProductions
2017-10-01, 06:42 PM
Whiteplume mountain. It's big. It's tall. And apparently, a star fell on it.

You're at the base, and ready to go investigate. How will you go about doing this?

Illven
2017-10-01, 06:47 PM
So! Nina said putting away her latest puppet and sewing materials.

Stars have been falling on mountain tops that seem to probably be portals to the elemental plane of fire. Keep an eye out for fires.
Who here knows how to mountain climb? Nina adds hopefully as the skinny bard looks from party member to party member.

UrsusArctos
2017-10-01, 10:31 PM
Doderic stretches at the base of the mountain, and then takes his battleaxe and readies it. "I know some about climbing, but I am a better fighter."

He looks around. "Shall we set off?"

Seanfall
2017-10-02, 12:05 AM
Medrash was standing apart from the other two, wind swept by him rustling the furs he wore. His eyes were drawn to the top of mountain, he'd seen larger but not many. He certainly hadn't made a habit out of climbing to their tops either.

"The spirits are enraged to fling their stars to the earth."

Medrash, rather then speak simply finds a spot to start climbing and...does. If needed he can use his Handaxes as makeshift tools.

Athletics
[roll0]

Illven
2017-10-02, 01:20 AM
We're going to die aren't we. Nina says deadpan as she starts climbing after Medrash.

Athletics [roll0]

JNAProductions
2017-10-02, 10:59 AM
After a few stumbles, you make your way up the mountain. You initially attempt a harder but faster path, but after some trouble with it, decide to take a slightly easier, if slower, path.

Making your way up the mountain, you spot the occasional scorch mark or burnt tree-a clear sign that something fiery was around. Eventually, you spot a bright blaze-an active fire. It seems to be affecting a small copse of trees-likely won't spread too far-but within the blaze is a moving figure.

No check was really needed, so it doesn't matter that you rolled poorly.

Seanfall
2017-10-02, 02:21 PM
Medrash readies his warhammer in both his hands. "Steel yourselves, I believe our prey awaits us." The Barbarian moves cautiously forward. Keeping his eyes and ears open and focused.

Perception
[roll0]

JNAProductions
2017-10-02, 02:29 PM
There's definitely a moving figure in the flames. It's vaguely humanoid, and some 10' tall. It's made of deep yellow and orange fire.

Tekrow
2017-10-02, 04:53 PM
As he followed the rest of the party, Lothar's raven was perched on his shoulder, looking out for any danger that might come. As Medrash readied himself for battle, Lothar used his divine powers to try to sense any enemy around them.

Lothar will use Divine Sense to try to sense any fiend, celestial or undead. Uses remaining = 3

JNAProductions
2017-10-02, 05:55 PM
No undead, fiends, or celestials present in the immediate vicinity.

UrsusArctos
2017-10-02, 07:53 PM
Doderic gets his axe and spins it around in his hands. He readies himself for battle against the fire elemental.

JNAProductions
2017-10-02, 07:54 PM
You can see the figure moving around in the fires. It doesn't seem to have spotted you-or, if it has, is paying you no mind.

Seanfall
2017-10-02, 09:26 PM
"It hasn't noticed us yet. Take up positions and get closer." Medrash was of course in Front. "If anyone has any ranged weapons, get it's attention."

Illven
2017-10-03, 01:02 PM
Nina clasps Medrash on the shoulder.

You can do this! She said sincerely.

Greetings Fire elemental! Can you understand us? She called out, hoping for some diplomacy.

JNAProductions
2017-10-03, 06:26 PM
The fire elemental appears to take notice. With extreme prejudice.

Roll initiative.

[roll0]

UrsusArctos
2017-10-03, 06:29 PM
"Well, that's as good as we could have expected from a fire elemental."

[roll0]

Tekrow
2017-10-03, 08:13 PM
As the Fire Elemental prepared to attack, Lothar sighed. Who thought was a good idea to try to talk to a fire elemental?

[roll0]

Illven
2017-10-03, 08:34 PM
I like to play to my strengths. Nina replied defensively.

Init [roll0]

Seanfall
2017-10-03, 09:24 PM
Medrash unclasped the cloak from his chest, it fell to the ground. He now bore his bare chest and roared a challenge to the Fire Elemental.

Keeping that Inspiration for a later roll.
Init
[roll0]

JNAProductions
2017-10-03, 10:04 PM
The fire elemental roars back, the crackling roar of an all-consuming fire.

Everyone faster than the elemental (so, everyone, I think) can go in any order.

Illven
2017-10-03, 10:40 PM
Nina intones arcane words as a silverish flame bursts from her hands and attempts to strike at the creature. Highlighting it if it's successful.

Burn, baby burn, disco inferno! She shouted out.

Dex save to avoid being hit with Faerie fire, DC 14

JNAProductions
2017-10-03, 10:49 PM
[roll0]

See if it works.

Somehow, the magical fire of your friendly bard lights up the magical sentient fire and makes it easier to hit.

Illven
2017-10-03, 10:51 PM
[roll0]

See if it works.

Somehow, the magical fire of your friendly bard lights up the magical sentient fire and makes it easier to hit.

See! I can out hot a fire elemental. Nina teases with a wink and hip strut.

Seanfall
2017-10-03, 11:08 PM
Medrash charged forward, warhammer held low as he ran to face his foe. With a roar he swung his hammer with all his might. "Let us see whose rage burns brighter!"

'Charging' which is basically just running up and smacking it. Not sure how far it is so if I'm not close enough to attack just assume I run to get within range instead.
Attack roll
[roll0]

Damage on hit.
[roll1]

UrsusArctos
2017-10-03, 11:29 PM
Doderic hops towards the fire elemental, deftly swinging his axe in an arcing motion in two hands, before spinning through the air to also punch the fire elemental.

Battleaxe:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Unarmed:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tekrow
2017-10-04, 06:57 AM
Let's end this. Lothar said, as he ran towards the Fire Elemental, his Greatsword in hand. Before attacking it with his sword, he focused on the Fire Elemental and casted Hex on it. Afterwards, he attacked the Elemental with his great Sword.

Hex: Disadvantage on Dexterity Rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]

Everyone keeps forgetting the advantage from Faerie Fire.

Damage if it hits:
[roll2]

Hex Damage:
[roll3]

JNAProductions
2017-10-07, 08:37 PM
Anyone who struck the Elemental in melee, take [roll0] damage from its Fiery Form.

The elemental shifts and morphs, squatting and shrinking down to a smaller form, then lunging out suddenly towards the two people in its face.

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

If it hits, you are lit on fire, taking 1d10 points of fire damage at the start of each of your turns. It's an action to douse the fire.

Seanfall
2017-10-07, 10:54 PM
Medrash manages to move aside from the Fire Elementals retaliatory attack. However he was still burned by the flames his own strike roused. They needed to slay this thing and fast, "Lothar brave it's fire and strike it's core!" After he called out wisps of frosty air filled his mouth as he breathed in. With a great exhalation he unleashed an icy roar upon the Elemental.

Fire Damage I take for this round.
[roll0]
Bonus Action: Bardic inspiration on Lothar! :D

Using my breath weapon 15ft cone DC: 12 Con save to take half damage.
[roll1]

Illven
2017-10-08, 02:41 AM
Nina winces at the burns her comrades endure.

Try striking from range, genius! She calls out as she turns to the fire elemental.

Hey, Fire elemental, I've seen candles burn hotter then you, I've dished out worst burns when I'm still half asleep. I bet you couldn't even burn one of my puppets! She jeered before moving thirty feet away.

Before turning to Lothar.

~Rising up back on the streets. Did my time took my chances! She started to sing.

Using bonus action to cast healing word on Lothar. [roll0]
And vicious mockery on the fire elemental. DC 14 wis saving throw or take [roll1] and have disadvantage on it's next saving throw.

JNAProductions
2017-10-08, 11:17 AM
Con Save: [roll0]
Wis Save: [roll1]

Making dem saves, maybe.

UrsusArctos
2017-10-08, 10:13 PM
Doderic was not particularly phased by his being caught on fire, and swung his axe at the fire elemental again, then pummeling it with a kick.

Start of turn damage: [roll0]

Battleaxe:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Pummel
[roll3]

Tekrow
2017-10-10, 06:30 PM
Lothar feels energized by Nina's song. Range, eh? Well, that's perfectly fine by me.

Lothar closed his eyes as demonic energy enveloped his hands, and with a few words, a blast of energy shoot from his left hand.

Eldritch Blast:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hex:
[roll2]

JNAProductions
2017-10-13, 09:15 PM
The elemental, taking quite a beating now, dives deeper into the flames, careful to not expose itself.

Disengage, then flee into the flames.

Illven
2017-10-13, 09:29 PM
There! Nina calls out. There it is! She said gesturing as she moved towards the edge of the flames.

What had to run into a bigger flame to get away? Going to get your bigger older brother to take us on. Sure he'd put up a better fight at least! She jeered.

Casting vicious mockery. Wis save DC 14. [roll0]

JNAProductions
2017-10-13, 09:31 PM
[roll0]

Ten characters.

Seanfall
2017-10-16, 07:57 PM
Medrash pulled a Javelin off his back and with a little jump forward he launched it towards the still visible outline of the Fire elemental.

Javelin
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Seanfall
2017-10-16, 07:59 PM
Advantage second roll
[roll0]

**** sorry I forgot.

JNAProductions
2017-10-16, 09:04 PM
It might be in long range, negating your advantage. Regardless, that first is a hit, so...

The javelin stabs through the flames, injuring the elemental further.

UrsusArctos
2017-10-16, 11:21 PM
Doderic brushes off the fire, before following his allies to chase the fire elemental.

Use my action to put out the fire.

JNAProductions
2017-10-18, 10:49 PM
The elemental dashes further into the fire-following it would be a recipe for disaster, as the flames burn hot and render it nearly invisible.

However, you successfully made it flee, and can feel accomplished over that. What will you do now, though?

Divide 1,800 XP amongst yourselves.

Illven
2017-10-18, 11:23 PM
Is anyone injured? Nina called out, pulling out one of her puppets, of some sort of darkelf female.

Seanfall
2017-10-19, 12:31 AM
Medresh took a moment to pat out the flames on himself and access his damage. "Minor burns. See to the others first." He collects his discarded 'clothing' and wrapped himself back up. "Cowardly spirit, though at least it's anger has been spent if not quelled."

Medrash dropped to his knee and started taking stock of his surroundings, looking for any sign of the fallen star or the direction it might be in. "Odd that their was only one. Did it break off from the others?"