PDA

View Full Version : Using one skill in place of another

Crake
2017-10-02, 05:10 AM
I know of the exemplar's persuading performance ability, but what if I instead wanted to be able to replace, say, tumble/hide/move silently with perform (dance)?

Celestia
2017-10-02, 05:26 AM
"Okay, we need to sneak past the guards to rescue the prisoners. How do we do this?"

"I start dancing!"

Kurald Galain
2017-10-02, 05:30 AM
:elan: Move, move, move, move silently across the battlefield!

Forrestfire
2017-10-02, 05:43 AM
The skill replacements I know of are:

The Disciple of the Word PrC (ToM) can use Truespeak in place of Climb, Jump, and Tumble by expending a Stunning Fist use.
The Shaaryan Hunter (PGtF) and Kichi Charger (OA) PrCs can 1/day make a Ride check in place of an attack roll, save, or skill check.
The Path of Shadows feat (RE) lets you use Perform (dance) in place of Concentration checks to manifest powers defensively.
The undersong spell (SC) lets you use Perform in place of Concentration checks in general.

I don't think there's a way to do Perform to Tumble, Hide, or Move Silently.

Crake
2017-10-02, 07:30 AM
:elan: Move, move, move, move silently across the battlefield!

"Okay, we need to sneak past the guards to rescue the prisoners. How do we do this?"

"I start dancing!"

:smalltongue: I was more imagining the shadowdancer dancing across the shadows using hide in plain sight. It just saddens me that the shadowdancer actually has no synergy with dancing at all.

Psyren
2017-10-02, 11:31 AM
Pathfinder Bard has the Versatile Performance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/#TOC-Versatile-Performance-Ex-) ability that does exactly this. You can access it via VMC Bard as well, if you want it on a non-bard class.