PDA

View Full Version : Shadowdeath Godzilla [PrC]

Inyssius Tor
2007-08-14, 07:08 PM
Shadowdeath Godzilla

Er, I'll add the fluff tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Deep in the marshes of Q'barra, there lurks a rogue tribe of blackscale lizardfolk; dismissing Haka'Torvhak, they instead revere darkness itself. Their chieftain, and his heirs, always take levels in this class.

HD: d10

Requirements
To qualify to become a shadowdeath godzilla, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Race: Blackscale lizardfolk (MM3 95).
Base Attack Bonus: +7.
Skills: Hide 10 ranks.
Feats: Skill Focus (Hide).

Class Skills
The shadowdeath godzilla's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Hide (Dex), Move Silently (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Climb (Str), and Swim (Str).
Skill Points at each Level: 2 + (Int modifier).

Shadowdeath Godzilla
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort.|Ref.|Will.|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Eyes of Night

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Shadow Sanction 1/day

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Deeper darkness 1/day

6th|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+2|Shadow Sanction 2/day

7th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+2|

8th|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+2|Deeper darkness 2/day

9th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+3|Shadow Sanction 3/day

10th|
+10|
+7|
+7|
+3|Size Increase (Huge)[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the shadowdeath godzilla prestige class.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: A shadowdeath godzilla gains no new weapon or armour proficiencies.

Eyes of Night (Su): At first level, a shadowdeath godzilla gains the ability to see normally in magical darkness.

Deeper Darkness (Su): As the spell; CL 3 + shadowdeath godzilla level.

Shadow Sanction (Su): At third level (as a swift action), a shadowdeath godzilla can call upon the darkness surrounding it to guide its blows once per day. For the rest of the round, every damage die the shadowdeath godzilla would roll is treated as though it had rolled the maximum possible amount; for example, a longsword would automatically deal 18 damage (instead of 3d6). This ability is usable one additional time per day at 6th and 9th levels, and can only be used when the shadowdeath godzilla is completely enshrouded by shadows.

Size Increase (Ex): At tenth level, a shadowdeath godzilla increases in size, becoming Huge. It gains +4 strength, +1 natural armor, and an additional -1 size penalty to attack rolls and AC, but does not take a penalty to Hide or Move Silently.

I'm honestly not quite sure how to work the size increases. Okay, I think I've got that...
Anyway, what does everyone think?

Goober4473
2007-08-14, 07:25 PM
The size increases may be a bit much, depending on weather or not you use monster advancement size modifiers (which would give it a horendeous bonus to Strength). Maybe just Huge at 10th level?

Xefas
2007-08-14, 07:30 PM
Yeah, if it got the normal +8 strength for each size increase, for a net bonus of +16, not to mention constitution and natural armor, it would be too much.

However, if you made it not give any of these bonuses, or perhaps just a simple +2 to strength or some such, then I believe that it would be fine.

Goober4473
2007-08-14, 07:41 PM
At 10th level, become Huge and get +4 to Str, +1 natural armor, -1 more size penalty to attacks and AC, and maybe a special ability called Oversized Sneak, which would negate the additional penalty to Hide and Move Silently?

Inyssius Tor
2007-08-14, 08:20 PM
And so it shall be!

Anything else?

jindra34
2007-08-14, 08:22 PM
And so it shall be!

Anything else?

if you like the big person idea maybe the ability to cast enlarge person on themselves a few times per day?

ZeroNumerous
2007-08-14, 10:12 PM
Lizardfolk are monstrous humanoids though. Enlarge Person does nothing for them.

My suggestions: Dead levels! Noo! They burnss us!