PDA

View Full Version : Noctis (Help; 3.5 + small amount of homebrew; lvl 10)

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-10-03, 10:41 AM
How would I go about doing what the title says. Build Noctis from Final Fantasy 15. (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Noctis_Lucis_Caelum) Only a small amount of Hombrew is allowed so if you have anything that you think will fit and isn't too powerful, you are more then welcome to recomend. Also, if you have anything by the books i would be pleased to hear it.

If there is homebrew, it must be approved.
No psionics allowed (Soulknife is out of the picture for Fluff of forming
Stat roles are

I got lucky...
Inventor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?461501-Inventions!-Magitech-Classes-Base-Class-Contest-30-winner-PEACH) has been mostly approved
The campaign quest is to collect the mother load of crystals that power the current city we live in

noob
2017-10-03, 12:17 PM
Straight Cleric?(according to what I saw it have self buffing and teleport a lot and fights by swinging weapons which corresponds to a gish and cleric is the best gish in a can core can possibly give you that is not shape-shifting)
Possibly re-fluff spiritual weapon and find a way to cast twinned repeated spiritual weapon for imitating the limit break(but it will be disappointingly inefficient).

khadgar567
2017-10-03, 12:30 PM
is post public beta content alive able coz funnily spheres of might's prodigy kinda perfect for him you got summoned weapons and magic in same chassis kinda grab and go single talent dip to creation for almost all weapons, small dip to warp to constant teleport all might talents gonna play part of his fighting style
we got gladio as guardian sphere user tanks nearly every blow, claudio for dual wielding combat, and promto for barrage and sniper sphere.
we got every sphere for every combat styles its little bit dip heavy but there is ways to solve them
so my build to buil him is prodigy as all the way

noob
2017-10-03, 12:36 PM
Can you summon spiritual weapons three by three with spheres of power?

khadgar567
2017-10-03, 12:43 PM
kinda not problem it takes bit to go but the moment you hit large in creation sphere its on. So small flaw to boost CL as bit and you can even pull unlimited blade works from your arse or if you want pull bahamut's blade rain attack without problem it all takes 4th caster level so kinda to easy to pull it

Grod_The_Giant
2017-10-03, 12:50 PM
So, looking at that wiki link, you need

The ability to manifest weapons from thin air
Proficiency in all weapons
Short-range teleportation
Turning insubstantial

Any other key points you'd like to hit? Also, is Magic of Incarnum on the table?

noob
2017-10-03, 01:08 PM
kinda not problem it takes bit to go but the moment you hit large in creation sphere its on. So small flaw to boost CL as bit and you can even pull unlimited blade works from your arse or if you want pull bahamut's blade rain attack without problem it all takes 4th caster level so kinda to easy to pull it

So this means that I could blast someone with multiple swords at level 4?
How much damage would I deal to the target?
(I wonder how good a blade spammer could be and how fun)

khadgar567
2017-10-03, 02:00 PM
let me check lets say we throw three sword at that level looks like 3d6 total damage 1d6 for each blade then it goes higher as you get more blades per single creation but numbers in wiki are to old so we can look around 9d6 damage per turn which you can attack along with thrown weapons
EDIT: after research i still cant give you exact number but lets say 20 or more swords as wiki gives table as measurement and i dont have numbers for medival table so if some one can give me mumbers or want to calculate for them self's standard sword weights less then 3 pound( 1kg) and deals around 1d6 we can deal much more damage them my old guess

ATHATH
2017-10-03, 02:16 PM

Turning insubstantial

Any other key points you'd like to hit? Also, is Magic of Incarnum on the table?
That sounds an awful lot like a Psychic Warrior (with that one ACF that gives it Soul Knife-esque abilities) or a Swordsage (maybe even a combination of the two!).

Maybe you could specialize in thrown weapons, use Telekinesis to throw things, and/or refluff Energy Missile to be you conjuring and throwing swords or something?

khadgar567
2017-10-03, 02:37 PM
okay here is kinda my build goes ape sh1t insane after some research most middle age tables made by chestnut trees so i put random numbers to calculator and end up eight and half thousand pounds so if one sword weights around 4 pounds this sucker throws 2125 sword per 6 seconds its faster then modern day machine gun so please dont ask me damage since its one hit kill any thing with out some serious dr and please some one check my damn math

Grod_The_Giant
2017-10-03, 02:40 PM
That sounds an awful lot like a Psychic Warrior (with that one ACF that gives it Soul Knife-esque abilities) or a Swordsage (maybe even a combination of the two!).

Maybe you could specialize in thrown weapons, use Telekinesis to throw things, and/or refluff Energy Missile to be you conjuring and throwing swords or something?
It's a shame that Psionics are banned, yeah. An Incarnum-mashup build might work, though-- Blink Dog Shirt gives at-will teleports, Incarnum Weapon is probably superior to the entire Soulblade class at the whole "sword from nowhere" thing, and Apparition Ribbon lets you go incorporeal. A dip in Master of Masks will let you wield any weapon; sufficient levels of Ironsoul Forgemaster will let you enchant it, too.

noob
2017-10-03, 03:41 PM
okay here is kinda my build goes ape sh1t insane after some research most middle age tables made by chestnut trees so i put random numbers to calculator and end up eight and half thousand pounds so if one sword weights around 4 pounds this sucker throws 2125 sword per 6 seconds its faster then modern day machine gun so please dont ask me damage since its one hit kill any thing with out some serious dr and please some one check my damn math

While you could make a whole lot of swords the size of those swords(unless they are two handed swords made for medium creatures(in which case they are small sized according to dnd 3.5)) is not on the creation falling object damage chart and so what would happen when they fall is not clear.
It could mean that you would use the regular falling object damage chart(the one from dnd 3.5) which somehow deals way more damage(I have no idea who made the creation falling damage chart but the number are nonsensical I mean a tavern falling on your head should not just deal 6d6(I mean you could throw taverns at level 1 people and have a significant portion of them survive))
I guess it just means that spheres of power was just not made for simulating unlimited blade works.
Another silly thought is that glass is in fact harder than many kinds of stone(since it is harder than iron according to Mohs scale) and so it would qualify for the double damage(since they say harder and not higher hardness) so you do not need to wait for level 5 for using better materials: glass already have the double damage effect so you just need to reach level 2(and take the Divided Creation and the Distant Creation and the Expanded Materials traits) then spam glass two handed swords for instamurdering people.
On the other hand you can instamurder only your main stat+your level people per day.

khadgar567
2017-10-03, 04:15 PM
I just go 4 level so i can throw good amount of it and i didnt use bunch of talents just core sphere power and iron as material and end up this ridiculous number and i am still eye balling the numbers but creating noctis or emiya looks easier every step i take this is why i asked sphere question threat otherwise this all thing looks ban worthy

ZamielVanWeber
2017-10-03, 04:51 PM
How do you feel about 3rd party/Dragon Magazine?

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-10-03, 06:24 PM
Straight Cleric?(according to what I saw it have self buffing and teleport a lot and fights by swinging weapons which corresponds to a gish and cleric is the best gish in a can core can possibly give you that is not shape-shifting)
Possibly re-fluff spiritual weapon and find a way to cast twinned repeated spiritual weapon for imitating the limit break(but it will be disappointingly inefficient).
I wouldn't want to go strait cleric because my dm and fellow players like to stereo type them as healers and don't take kindly to breaking stereo type. Though your idea is quite interesting.... hm il get back to you is others don't suffice

is post public beta content alive able coz funnily spheres of might's prodigy kinda perfect for him you got summoned weapons and magic in same chassis kinda grab and go single talent dip to creation for almost all weapons, small dip to warp to constant teleport all might talents gonna play part of his fighting style
we got gladio as guardian sphere user tanks nearly every blow, claudio for dual wielding combat, and promto for barrage and sniper sphere.
we got every sphere for every combat styles its little bit dip heavy but there is ways to solve them
so my build to build him is prodigy as all the wayBolding is my edit
I don't understand the words that were Bolded by me, can someone explain?

Confused still

I understood something! But i don't know the context

Turning insubstantial

Yup, covered all the points!. Magic of Incarnum is on the table (literally).

let me check lets say we throw three sword at that level looks like 3d6 total damage 1d6 for each blade then it goes higher as you get more blades per single creation but numbers in wiki are to old so we can look around 9d6 damage per turn which you can attack along with thrown weapons
EDIT: after research i still cant give you exact number but lets say 20 or more swords as wiki gives table as measurement and i dont have numbers for medival table so if some one can give me mumbers or want to calculate for them self's standard sword weights less then 3 pound( 1kg) and deals around 1d6 we can deal much more damage them my old guess
still don't understand

Psychic Warrior would have been PERFECT.... but its not allowed (my fault, the dm is scared of it because i built an unkillable character with psionics) Swordsage would work well, but then again (looks at friends sheet) nope too much toe steps.
There is that Master of the unseen hand thing in Complete warrior...

ok say here is kinda my build goes ape sh1t insane after some research most middle age tables made by chestnut trees so i put random numbers to calculator and end up eight and half thousand pounds so if one sword weights around 4 pounds this sucker throws 2125 sword per 6 seconds its faster then modern day machine gun so please dont ask me damage since its one hit kill any thing with out some serious dr and please some one check my damn mathnope, don't understand. and can't kill a swarm that is diminutive size.

It's a shame that Psionics are banned, yeah. An Incarnum-mashup build might work, though-- Blink Dog Shirt gives at-will teleports, Incarnum Weapon is probably superior to the entire Soulblade class at the whole "sword from nowhere" thing, and Apparition Ribbon lets you go incorporeal. A dip in Master of Masks will let you wield any weapon; sufficient levels of Ironsoul Forgemaster will let you enchant it, too.
This seems to work, keeping it tabbed

How do you feel about 3rd party/Dragon Magazine?
They are all open to abilities/ items.(i know for sure the Book of templates is open).

Grod_The_Giant
2017-10-03, 06:33 PM
I don't understand the words that were Bolded by me, can someone explain?
Spheres of Power (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/spheres-of-power/) is an alternate magic system, made for Pathfinder by a third-party studio. It's typically seen as well-written and balanced, and occasionally gets heavily pushed by proponents. Spheres of Might (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520046-Drop-Dead-Studios-Spheres-of-Might-Open-Playtest) is a follow-up that's currently being beta-tested, extending the basic principles to cover martial characters. No idea about the cheese being discussed, tho.

Yup, covered all the points!. Magic of Incarnum is on the table (literally).
This seems to work, keeping it tabbed
Cool.

There is that Master of the unseen hand thing in Complete warrior...
It's terrible for casters, at least. Decent if you enter as a ghost or something with an at-will SLA.
nope, don't understand. and can't kill a swarm that is diminutive size.

ATHATH
2017-10-03, 09:43 PM
What trick did your "unkillable" psionic character use? Was it just too strong overall?

You (and your DM) do know about the #1 Rule of Psionics (you can't spend more PP on a power (the base PP cost and any PP costs of augmentations that you add combined) than your manifester level), right?

Oh, and you're not alone in not understanding what noob and khadgar567 are talking about (seriously, guys, did commas hurt your families or something?). I think it has something to do with Telekinesis cheese and/or Spheres of Power/Might, but I'm not sure.

khadgar567
2017-10-03, 09:54 PM
Most of my build is experimental in this stage. But prodigy from spheres of might or heck armoris from power will create a respectable noctis clone. And about unlimited blade works part i am waiting for offical word on few questions

noob
2017-10-04, 12:02 PM
What trick did your "unkillable" psionic character use? Was it just too strong overall?

You (and your DM) do know about the #1 Rule of Psionics (you can't spend more PP on a power (the base PP cost and any PP costs of augmentations that you add combined) than your manifester level), right?

Oh, and you're not alone in not understanding what noob and khadgar567 are talking about (seriously, guys, did commas hurt your families or something?). I think it has something to do with Telekinesis cheese and/or Spheres of Power/Might, but I'm not sure.

It is the fact you can create big objects with the creation sphere and you can make as many objects as you want as long as the total volume is smaller than the volume of the biggest object you can make.
So you can blanket the galaxy with swords thereby killing all your opponents.

khadgar567
2017-10-04, 12:17 PM
I was writing in the middle of the night via my phone cut some slag will ya mate?