PDA

View Full Version : Best beast companion for the revised beast master

Spacehamster
2017-10-03, 10:50 AM
Were thinking about maaaybe trying out a STR based mountain dwarf revised beast master
single class with starting stats 17/14/17/8/10/8, will mainly use saveless spells and non attack spells
so "dumping" WIS, taking mariner style for swim/climb speed and +1AC while wearing nothing-medium
armor with no shield, he will use a maul and half plate, ASI/feats will be +3 STR, +1 CON, GWM, Alert and
mobile, but what I am stuck at is what beast would be optimal for a STR melee beast master?

Thinking wolf mainly since pack tactics would work nicely with him attacking next to me + the fact that
the wolf is one of the few DEX attack based beasts letting him have both high AC and good damage.
Thoughts on any better/more fitting beasts? A bear would be cool cus that reminds me of the video in vanilla
wow with the hunter walking through the snow over a hill to spot Ironforge in the distance. ^^

EvilAnagram
2017-10-03, 11:12 AM
I had a strength-based Goliath Ranger with a Panther as his beast companion, and it worked really well. The pounce attack with the bonus action attack made it an incredible addition to the party.

Spacehamster
2017-10-03, 11:19 AM
I had a strength-based Goliath Ranger with a Panther as his beast companion, and it worked really well. The pounce attack with the bonus action attack made it an incredible addition to the party.

Cool, remember the panther seemed good only thing I slightly did not like is that it takes its hit and damage from STR but is DEX high, will have a look at it. :)