PDA

View Full Version : Warlock patron pact.

SupremeKingGais
2017-10-03, 10:51 AM
This is my first time making a warlock patron. So I decided to one that centers around the blade.

Warlock pact
Ancient kings
You have made a pact with the spirits of old and powerful kings each one of them giving you power to fight against an incoming darkness.
Extended spells
1st. Armor of faith,shield
2nd. Misty step,find steed
3rd. Blinding smite,Lightning bolt
4th.Dimension door,Banishment
5th. Banishing smite,Wall of force

Blessing of the ancient kings
You gain proficiency in medium and heavy armor as well as martial weapons.
You can bound up to 4 weapons to you as a pact weapon.

Weapons of the ancient kings.
At level 3. As a hour long ritual you can turn one of your pact weapons into one of the weapons of the ancient kings. This weapon will focus as your spell cast and it gives you a +1 to all saving throws. It does an extra 1d8 against enemies of the chaotic evil alignment and 2d8 against fiends,demons and undead. If you make more then one then the second pact is broken. If you use this on a magic weapon you keep the weapon stats. You can only use this once per long rest

Speed of the kings
At level 6. a bonus action you can throw your weapon at a range of 200 feet and teleport to it using a 3rd level spell slot or higher. You can use this ability after a short or long rest.

Protection of the kings
At level ten you gain proficiency in con saves and you gain a +2 to ac when you wield an weapon of an ancient king. For a fifth level spell slot you can summon your pact weapons and fight with them. you can switch to one of your other pact weapons as a bonus action. . In a state that lasts 1 minute you gain the features of action surge once and when you cast a first level spell or higher you can cast a melee spell cantrip as a bonus action. Upon ending this form you gain a level of exhaustion. This ability can only be used once per long rest

Kings fury
On a successful melee attack you teleport the target to the astral sea . In this dimension the target is blinded and the kings attack the target multiple times. The damage for this attack is 10d12 physic damage and it is once per long rest.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-10-03, 12:48 PM
Your first warlock, you say. Well, I'll try not to be too harsh...

Extended spells
1st. Armor of faith,shield
2nd. Misty step,find steed
3rd. Blinding smite,Lightning bolt
4th.Dimension door,Banishment
5th. Banishing smite,Wall of force

I assume you mean shield of faith?

Misty step, di door, banishment are all on the warlock list already and need to be reselected.

Blessing of the ancient kings
You gain proficiency in medium and heavy armor as well as martial weapons.
You can bound up to 4 weapons to you as a pact weapon.

Assume this is the level 1 ability? Doesn't really work though, since you haven't chosen your pact boon yet. Heavy armour proficiency is probably enough, so you could just move the multiple pact weapon thing into an invocation or something.

Weapons of the ancient kings.
At level 3. As a hour long ritual you can turn one of your pact weapons into one of the weapons of the ancient kings. This weapon will focus as your spell cast and it gives you a +1 to all saving throws. It does an extra 1d8 against enemies of the chaotic evil alignment and 2d8 against fiends,demons and undead. If you make more then one then the second pact is broken. If you use this on a magic weapon you keep the weapon stats. You can only use this once per long rest

*Lana Kane voice* So... couple things. First off, warlocks don't get a feature at level 3. Second, it's dependent on picking a certain boon, which is poor design. Third, demons are a subtype of fiends so you don't need to specify them separately, and they're always CE, so at the moment it reads like the bonuses stack. On balance, I'd just cut this entirely.

Speed of the kings
At level 6. a bonus action you can throw your weapon at a range of 200 feet and teleport to it using a 3rd level spell slot or higher. You can use this ability after a short or long rest.

So like... bonus action di door for a third level slot at sixth level? That's overpowered. How about... A 5ft teleport as a reaction to being attacked, that makes attacks miss if you move out of range or behind cover?

Protection of the kings
At level ten you gain proficiency in con saves and you gain a +2 to ac when you wield an weapon of an ancient king. For a fifth level spell slot you can summon your pact weapons and fight with them. you can switch to one of your other pact weapons as a bonus action. . In a state that lasts 1 minute you gain the features of action surge once and when you cast a first level spell or higher you can cast a melee spell cantrip as a bonus action. Upon ending this form you gain a level of exhaustion. This ability can only be used once per long rest

Yikes. There is way too much going on here. For warlocks, 10th level should be a defensive feature, so I'd be advising you cut this back to something smaller, but more interesting than another AC boost. Maybe an infusion of temporary HP that can be activated under certain circumstances?

Kings fury
On a successful melee attack you teleport the target to the astral sea . In this dimension the target is blinded and the kings attack the target multiple times. The damage for this attack is 10d12 physic damage and it is once per long rest.

So, Hurl Through Hell, but stronger? Pretty sure this needs to be 10d10.

NecroDancer
2017-10-03, 12:57 PM
Weapon of the Ancient Kings deal way to much damage. I'd change it to a passive +1d4 raidiant damage to all enemies.

Also I'd make it an invocation.