PDA

View Full Version : DM is considering using Genius Overpowered Feats, ideas for build?

sage20500
2017-10-03, 02:27 PM
So GM for a pathfinder gestalt game i'm in is currently considering allowing us to use feats from The Genius Guide to Horrifically Overpowered Feats (from what I understand, if he does allow it, pretty much all feats aside from the full attacking with spells and Go First would be fair game)... after looking over some of the options I saw that Gestalt and Prestigious were a possible thing for me.

Character build I have is a Vigilante Stalker//Edgelord Harbinger, with the play style of essentially being a teleporting skirmisher that blinks in, stabs a person, and then disappears again. I'm pretty much using most of the manuevers from Scarlet Throne, Veiled Moon, Mithral Current, and Steel Serpent that either hit very hard, or allow me to attack people flat footed even when I normally would not be able to.

With the Gestalt feat, When you take it you can select 1 character class to gain all of it's class features aside from spell casting as if half your total character level was your class level. So at the moment right now, if I pick that one up I'm trying to figure out what class I could use that would give me some nice passive abilities to go with my current character build. At the moment my character is going to be doing a lot of potential crit fishing, so I was considering just going with fighter to get 6 extra bonus combat feats that I could pick up. I originally thought of using a sword saint samurai, except samurai iajutsu in pathfinder requires its own action to use and doesn't mesh well with using strikes. Rogue is out the window because Vigilante Stalker replaces deadly strike with normal sneak attack, and I'm pretty sure that your not allowed to overlap features like that. Are there any other classes that people might recommend to help make someone that essentially is supposed to become a God of Slaughter better equipped to do said job?

On the Prestigious feat, since it works sort of the same as Gestalt, just that your effective level of the prestige class you choose is One Half of (Your Hit Dice - 5), i'm going to be picking up Landsknecht so that I can get Silver Crown Strike since that's pretty much all I care about from that prc since I'm going with a Dex/Int stat build.

chimaeraUndying
2017-10-04, 08:25 AM
Fighter might be nice as a selection for the Gestalt feat, if for no other reason than it's effectively a pile of free (combat) feats and other passive effects. Those'll help buff your damage, I'd imagine. Maybe instead Monk, if you can find an archetype that subs WIS for INT on all its monk-ey things (I don't know if such a thing exists, mind).

Depending on how the feat defines "spell casting", something like Alchemist might also be useful -- extracts and mutagens can buff your character quite a bit, and the build you've gone with already seems like a super vivisectionist besides.