PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Tunnel Spooktober 2017

Morty
2017-10-03, 02:34 PM
This year, the annual festival of costumes, spooky fun and titanic amounts of sweets is being hosted by an unlikely source - MERC. The event is hosted in the tunnels beneath the base. They were carefully walled off with barriers to prevent people getting lost, or going into places they shouldn't go.

The main event happens in a large, central domed cellar, with a witch's cauldron bubbling merrily and spookily on a pedestal. Surrounding the cauldron are tables with all sorts of candy for the kids (and, let's be honest, many an adult). There are rumours that a witch and her witch-cat are stalking the area near the cauldron, so everyone best beware.

Apart from that, the theme appears to be "dungeon". There are chests full of fake gold and gems strewn about, and the side-tunnels seem to be populated by either traps or sedentary monsters. MERC members, employees and licensees are invited to dress up as such and entertain the party-goers. Dipsnig's wolf pack is prowling around the place, dressed up as vicious dire wolves, displacer beasts, wargs and other dungeon-dwelling canines and four-legged critters. If said critters were friendly and pettable, that is.

If anyone is feeling adventurous, they say there's treasure hidden in the side-tunnels. MERC's chief executive is nowhere to be seen for now, but word is he's hiding somewhere, waiting for some enterprising kids to find him and claim a prize.

WarKitty
2017-10-03, 07:10 PM
The witch-cat, at the moment, appears to be less stalking and more lapping soup out of half a squash by the door. Her natural black coat is on display, but it's been augmented by a pair of twisted black horns sprouting beside her ears and magic flames ruffling through her fur. She'll pause eating long enough to look at any visitors though.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-03, 09:36 PM
One of MERC's newer members volunteered to provide music for the affair, and as such, she and her kit have occupied one of the short alcoves just off the main room, with speakers surrounding it to project the music throughout the venue. Perhaps "kit" is a bit of an understatement, as the "kit" includes several small anthropomorphic robots which are actually playing the drums, bass and keyboard backing her. Each of the robots have been vaguely dressed up with a fierce face somewhere on their midsection and bits and pieces of their outer shells painted or marked so that they appear like tiny mechs.

Their master herself is dressed in a black-with-red-flames leather bikini top, leather short-shorts, a wide, studded white belt, a striped scarf, light pink thigh-high socks, and white boots with a red flame pattern on the toes. Her long hair has been dyed a bright red, then pulled back into a ponytail and secured with chopsticks and a clip shaped like a stylized skull, while black, finger-less gloves and a pair of large, gold-studded black bracelets adorn her hands and wrists. Her costume isn't completely accurate, since she's neglected to change her eye color from blue to amber, and there's little she can do about the auditory domes that function as her ears. Not that Electra minds, since she's more focused on providing a rollicking party beat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuzBWDiVhvI)with the rest of her "band", her hands flying over her guitar as she plays. She might be coaxed into singing later, but for now she's keeping things in a more electro-swing sort of beat, and instrumental.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-04, 01:16 AM
Oh, but simply calling the score "tables of candy" is insulting to the cook who spent hours slaving over a hot oven (and about forty online cookbooks) to make them. Pumpkin things of all varieties! Potion-bottle punch, Beholder-eye gobstoppers, chocolate gold coins! Strawberry hearts, rock candy gems! Marshmallow slimes and gelatinous cubes!
Along with perfectly normal soup, chili and chips. Because it was insisted that there had to be some actual food there. But there's bats on the bowls!

Sam Bacon is supposed to be playing one of the dungeon villains, dressed in a yellow and red outfit with pointy pauldrons, a big skull necklace, and a very fake looking trident. And of course, a big bag of triangular cookies to any kid that can take down Ganon. But he's so tired from preparing the feast that he's just hoping he gets a few minutes to himself and the Princess to catch his breath.

Krayger is doing much better greeting folks at the door, dressed in some hellish-looking greaves and pauldrons strapped on with plastic chains. They also hide the straps of his fabric wings, which he is hoping can last at least an hour before he backs into something and breaks them. A red fabric whip sits at the belt. He decided not to bother bringing a costume broadsword.

Halae
2017-10-04, 11:37 AM
Sitting by Sam is Sherrel, the heavily augmented techpriestess and Sam's girlfriend. Despite her normal robes being the red of the Adeptus Mechanicus, she's currently sitting in a well made pink dress that anybody who isn't a luddite will recognize as a costume representing princess Zelda. Guarded as she is by her boyfriend, she's the "princess" of this particular dungeon, and the mastermind behind the costumes the pair are wearing. She seems to be fairly happy at the moment.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-04, 12:02 PM
Sam takes a moment to put an arm around Sherrel.
Definitely holding the prisoner close and not hugging!
"Thanks for coming, Sherrel. What did this big ugly monster do to deserve you?" he asks her. He usually tries not to be self-deprecating around Sherrel. Everyone he knows chastises him for insulting himself, but in this case he has the excuse of pretending it's just being in character.

Halae
2017-10-04, 03:37 PM
"You were unusual enough to catch my attention, and then a great enough guy to keep it," She'll move in for a quick kiss! Though as she stretches her back to meet his lips, he'll see a little twinge of pain on her face. The cybernetic hookup in her torso isn't made for that kind of movement, as he'll know by now.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-04, 03:57 PM
Smooch!
"Here I thought you just thought pigs were cute." he giggles. "We really ought to see if we can get you a little hover-node for your rig. We can't keep having you throw out your back whenever we kiss." he suggests. Of course, there are other options, but they can't afford a whole new rig. And he doubts they can find her some oddly torso-specific monster in the Hunting Grounds and hope the Goddess of the Hunt cuts her some slack.

Halae
2017-10-04, 03:59 PM
"You know, some mechanicum like to get their legs replaced entirely with a hover module. Somehow I doubt you'd go for that, though."

Sam will be familiar enough with Sherrel's deflections at this point; she tries to divert the topic any time Sam talks about modifying her rig.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-04, 04:15 PM
"Maybe we'll look into platform shoes, then." mumbles the spigre. Sherrel's extreme density of implants can make things tough. If she needed to avoid stretching up there are places that could make someone two inches taller, but would that go with her mechanical parts, or could it have catastrophic consequences? Who knows?

Halae
2017-10-04, 04:24 PM
"Maybe." Sherrel says, still smiling, "We can talk about it after the party."

Deathkeeper
2017-10-04, 04:42 PM
"So uh, what should we do to pass the time? It's entirely possible the kids won't find us for a while. Or at all. I'll have to check on the buffet at some point..." Sam mutters, relaxing in the seat and surveying their little corner of tunnel. It's probably homey, to Dispnig. Sam finds the whole thing kind of cute, but he'll always be a city boy. He kind of needs the sky.

Rebonack
2017-10-05, 12:02 AM
There are a few constants when it comes to children.

The first?

They like to play.

Even young animals like to play, so it should come as no shock that children do pretty much regardless of the race.

The second thing children like?

"Candy!" Khannie exclaims as she bounds into the dungeon, dressed in an plain brown robe with a rope sash with a fake ring-of-hair wig perched on top of her head. In addition to this, she's also wearing a karate kid style bandana and has some boxing gloves dangling from her waste. Apparently she had learned that this particular Halloween was supposed to be 'dungeon' themed so obviously she was supposed to go as a class that punches things. She found out that the person who usually does this is a 'monk'. However, she found the Gregorian style monk significantly more amusing than the Shoulen style monk and decided to go with that despite the fact that apparently isn't how things work. The idea of a chubby bald human punching monsters (and winning!) is just WAY funnier.

Khannie is, for the record, a kangaskhan. A rather small one, as it happens. About the size of a human child of the age of nine.

She begins scouring the table for her favorites (mostly hard candies of various kinds.) Too much chocolate gives her a tummy ache.

WarKitty
2017-10-05, 12:44 AM
Khannie finds a fluffy demon-cat winding up close to her legs. I recommend the gems myself.

Felandria
2017-10-05, 04:25 AM
Felandria arrives at the party, but she looks a bit different.

Her hair is jet black instead of red, and instead of her usual clothes or adventuring gear, she has decided to wear a more familiar, and familial outfit.

She's wearing a larger version of her sister's outfit.

Well, half sister....

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/justice-league-wonder-woman-poster.jpg

Her shield on her back and her sword on her hip, and a pair of short shorts under the skirt for comfort and cover.

She looks around at the other costumes and grabs a few Kit Kats from the table.

Recaiden
2017-10-05, 02:23 PM
Suddenly there is a figure at the candy tables, dressed all wrapped-up in black (you can only see a pair of steely grey eyes) with a pair of crossed swords sheathed on his back (the smaller one is a plastic prop, the longer an ancient magical artifact) and a belt of throwing stars at his sides. In the blink of an eye he's filled a plate with chocolates, marshmallows, a mountain of chips, a bowl of soup, three different pumpkin drinks...
This is Burning Winds, and he's being festive.
Food is the best part of any celebration.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-05, 02:52 PM
There is a minotaur next to Winds, smiling genially.
"I think you're going to have to drop some of your disguise to eat all of that." he observes. That's why he'd never wear a mask to a party. You need an unobstructed mouth to eat!

Recaiden
2017-10-05, 04:13 PM
Winds shakes his head and takes a sip of pumpkin juice, revealing the mask to have several layers of cloth, none of which have to be removed to eat.
"You just have to be careful." he replies, voice tinged with amusement.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-05, 04:26 PM
Krayger blinks. "But...isn't that more trouble than it's worth?" he asks.
Also, how?

Recaiden
2017-10-05, 04:40 PM
"That depends on how seriously you takes your costume!" Winds retorts, patting Krayger on the back in a way which probably messes up his wings.
Then he gobbles up some chocolate coins.

It's easy, you can do it with just a sufficiently long scarf (though Winds' ninja hood-mask is a bit more intricate than that).

Deathkeeper
2017-10-05, 04:58 PM
Krayger makes a small grunt of distress, fussing with the wires. They're the thick, springy kind that can handle being jostled, but not the durable kinds you'd find on a professional mascot costume. These are one-and-done, just for the night. And so they're rather easily bent.
"Yes well, don't take it too seriously. " after all, one of Winds' swords bounces as he moves like a light plastic prop, while the other has suspiciously realistic weight.
Not that it's unexpected, given the nature of these parties. Last year Sam brought Steve as his hook-blade.

Recaiden
2017-10-05, 08:30 PM
"I wouldn't worry about me, my demon friend." Of course Winds has a real sword. He could hardly be found without it. "But to do anything less than your best? Tsk tsk."

McBish
2017-10-05, 09:24 PM
A small girl enters the tunnels skipping and grinning as she looks around. She doesn't actually appear to be in costume. Unless her costume is little girl skipping church. Her white dress with pink flowers has a matching bow in her curly red hair. Her small white sandals are tied onto her belt leaving the girl barefoot. She barely looks 11 years old, and seems to be lacking a chaperone. But that doesn't seem to bother her. She happily greets a few of the costumed wolves with a few quite yips that would indicate friendliness and playfulness. Her bid language reinforcing that. Anyone watching closely might notice the little girls ling dress shift just a bit, like she is hidding something under there. Besides that which we all hide with our clothes if you know what I mean. The wolves won't hold her interest for long. But she can sense they feel this is their home and she figures she should make friends with them right away

Deathkeeper
2017-10-05, 09:44 PM
Krayger shrugs.
"If I went realistic with this one I'd need quite a pretty penny, some fire, and a lot of extra bones in my back and tail. I suppose that means I should have just gone with something that would have been easier. But the boss asked for a theme, and there's not many monsters I can pull off." explains the minotaur. After all, the MERC members can't go as protagonists! That would spoil the fun.

Recaiden
2017-10-05, 10:09 PM
Winds raises an eyebrow, a movement not entirely concealed by the ninja mask.
"You could have just come as yourself. Maybe set up a nice little maze." Think outside the box, Krayger, and inside this slightly larger box.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-05, 10:13 PM
Krayger chuckles.
"It's not Halloween if you don't come in costume! Besides, I can't make the place any more maze-like without a borer. Also, that's racist." he says, though he makes the accusation in a jovial, un-serious sort of way.

WarKitty
2017-10-06, 09:17 AM
A small girl enters the tunnels skipping and grinning as she looks around. She doesn't actually appear to be in costume. Unless her costume is little girl skipping church. Her white dress with pink flowers has a matching bow in her curly red hair. Her small white sandals are tied onto her belt leaving the girl barefoot. She barely looks 11 years old, and seems to be lacking a chaperone. But that doesn't seem to bother her. She happily greets a few of the costumed wolves with a few quite yips that would indicate friendliness and playfulness. Her bid language reinforcing that. Anyone watching closely might notice the little girls ling dress shift just a bit, like she is hidding something under there. Besides that which we all hide with our clothes if you know what I mean. The wolves won't hold her interest for long. But she can sense they feel this is their home and she figures she should make friends with them right away

The little girl may notice a black cat with flames running over her fur staring at her. Not unfriendly, just staring in the way cats do. Or perhaps not, it's hard to tell with cats.

McBish
2017-10-06, 10:10 AM
The little girl does notice the kitty on fire who is watching her. Disengaging from the wolves she moves over towards the cat. Though it seems like the table of treats near the kitty probably holds more of her interest. While picking several sweets for herself she also looks to find a piece of something a cat might like. She decides to see if she can just ask the kitty. With a glance at the cat she points at all the food. "Hi would you like some food?"

Morty
2017-10-06, 02:59 PM

The girl is sniffed at by the wolves before she moves on. Particularly a pair of young, recently-born pups. They follow her around for a moment before wandering off.

Felandria arrives at the party, but she looks a bit different.

Her hair is jet black instead of red, and instead of her usual clothes or adventuring gear, she has decided to wear a more familiar, and familial outfit.

She's wearing a larger version of her sister's outfit.

Well, half sister....

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/justice-league-wonder-woman-poster.jpg

Her shield on her back and her sword on her hip, and a pair of short shorts under the skirt for comfort and cover.

She looks around at the other costumes and grabs a few Kit Kats from the table.

Felandria will hear a voice... somewhere in her leg region.

"Wow. Cool costume."

If she looks down, it seems she's being addressed by a teenage goblin girl with light grey skin, black hair and red eyes. She's wearing an ornate set of plate armour (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/3/39/Templar_Defender_DAI.png/revision/latest?cb=20150215063148).

Earl of Purple
2017-10-06, 04:18 PM
Two more people arrive. The first is Natalie, a fourteen-year-old girl with shoulder-length black hair and bright green eyes. She's wearing a green dress that reaches her knees, and a pair of plastic fairy wings strapped to her back. She's bare foot, and she's holding a slender willow wand, and flitting around her are three real faeries, with delicate wings, gauzy dresses and transparent dragonfly-like wings summoned with her magic.

The other is Jack, who looks very different to normal, and nowhere near as androgynous as her usual style. She's adopted a form halfway between human and bird, and feathers dot her short black hair. She's barefoot, with a corvid's clawed talons in place of her usual feet, and she's wearing a leather vest and a loincloth with a long, feathered breech-cloth hanging from the front and back. She's wearing long, black talons stuck to her fingernails, and charms hang from her neck and arms, many bearing small bones, feathers or glass beads.

Rebonack
2017-10-06, 06:30 PM
"Okay, I'll try those ones," Khannie replies to the feline with a definite nod. She grabs a little blue candy gem, pops it in her mouth, and-

CRUNCH!

Oh come on, Khannie.

You're supposed to suck on them!

"Sometimes I meet cats who don't talk," she informs the cat in question. While chewing her candy. Crunchcrunchcrunch. "There are lots of those. My neighbors have one named Mister Boots. He's nice, I think. Do you talk 'cuz you're really a princess that got turned into a cat?"

That's a fair question around here.

Especially coming from someone who's nine.

Then what's this?

More people!

She smiles at the girl in the white dress. "Hi! I'm Khannie! What're you supposed to be?"

Felandria
2017-10-06, 11:15 PM
The girl is sniffed at by the wolves before she moves on. Particularly a pair of young, recently-born pups. They follow her around for a moment before wandering off.

Felandria will hear a voice... somewhere in her leg region.

"Wow. Cool costume."

If she looks down, it seems she's being addressed by a teenage goblin girl with light grey skin, black hair and red eyes. She's wearing an ornate set of plate armour (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/3/39/Templar_Defender_DAI.png/revision/latest?cb=20150215063148).

Fel looks down and smiles.

Thanks!

You too.

Is it heavy?

Recaiden
2017-10-07, 10:30 AM
"If you say so." Winds answers with a shrug. "We're all wearing costumes all the time, to some extent."

Oh look at that, a little knight.
"What prompted you lot to put together these festivities this year?"

Deathkeeper
2017-10-07, 10:36 AM
Krayger seems surprised by the question.
"Publicity, I'd guess. Or maybe just for the kids. We've done Thanksmas after all.
You would have to ask the Boss though. I'm just his not-so-demonic muscle." he says with a smile, leaning back absent-mindedly and generating a horrible pop. Krayger groans and begins fussing with the wings again as one now has a limply hanging finger.

Morty
2017-10-07, 12:33 PM
Fel looks down and smiles.

Thanks!

You too.

Is it heavy?

Iknika smiles proudly and raises her arms defiantly.

"It is, but I can take it. I'm a knight in training! And you're... Felandria, from Vigil and HALO."

Shadowcaller
2017-10-07, 08:06 PM
[Entering MERC]

Astrana is now wearing a jacket as she is moving through the tunnels of MERC. She did not envy Willa, that lower body of hers was even more inconvenient than her horns and tail were in a world adapted for people without them. "What sort of enchantments do you use exactly?" She suddenly asks, looking at the centaur.

Recaiden
2017-10-07, 10:58 PM
"Here, you want some help with that?" Winds offers nonspecifically.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-07, 11:02 PM
Krayger does his best to get everything back in condition, but he can't do anything about the snapped wire.
Embarrassed, the minotaur mutters his response to Winds. "Uh, yeah, if you got anything. I have glue upstairs but I don't want to bounce so soon after the thing started."

WarKitty
2017-10-07, 11:03 PM
The cat hops up on one of the tables and snags a decidedly alcoholic smelling potion bottle. In front of the kids, for shame. Princess? the cat snorts derisively. I'm a cat, not a transformed human. She thinks for a moment. I do accept food however, provided it's low on plants.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-07, 11:20 PM
Electra glances around as she plays, and decides to change things up a bit. The number of knights gives her a few ideas, and for the next little while, the music seems to take on a few (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlRoSYtv5T4) more (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh7I9ayCcBQ) epic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeNnLAVI_fM) themes. Music to quest by, after all.

Felandria
2017-10-08, 02:53 AM
Iknika smiles proudly and raises her arms defiantly.

"It is, but I can take it. I'm a knight in training! And you're... Felandria, from Vigil and HALO."

That's right, Iknika.

I remember you from Thanksmas, when I was Santa, I gave you that gauntlet, if I remember correctly.

McBish
2017-10-08, 09:08 AM
The little girl grins as Khannie asks about her costume. She takes the time to scoop some soup with beef floating in it, carefully scooping up as many pieces of beef as possible. She sets the bowl in front of cat. Still smiling like the cat that caught a canary, she clasps her hands behind her replies. "Hello I'm Chailyn. And I am a little girl." She seems extremely happy with this answer, almost bursting out laughing, but holding it in hoping she gets to deliver her punch line.

Morty
2017-10-08, 02:16 PM
That's right, Iknika.

I remember you from Thanksmas, when I was Santa, I gave you that gauntlet, if I remember correctly.

Iknika blinks, then understanding dawns on her.

"It was you! Well, thanks!"

Her ears perk up when she hears the music.

"Ooooh, that's good. Music for a knight. I wonder if Koshal's here too. He's a knight in training like me."

Recaiden
2017-10-08, 03:21 PM
"Stay still."
Winds puts a hand on his real sword's hilt. It was one of a pair of blades. The first, relatively straightforward, one is no longer around, exactly. The one that remains -

He draws the sword.

with a blade black as the space between stars.
That which follows those who hunt monsters.
Who stares back at those who stare into the abyss.
What comes for every hero in the end.
old, swift, proud. The grip was never broken.
Its brother is Righteous Anger, but its own name has never been captured.

And in one motion brings it to meet the costume-wings
and then returns it to its sheathe.

This sword, it is also a handy tool for many purposes. And only a moment later Winds has two tiny scraps of wire on the edge of his plate, and Krayger's costume should be repaired, good as new save for a tiny thin mark where the wire had snapped. Winds is reaching up with his free hand to playfully bop Krayger on the forehead.
"Be more careful with it next time, okay?"

Deathkeeper
2017-10-08, 03:23 PM
Krayger blinks at Winds, not really sure how to respond.
"Did you...did you just use an elder artifact to repair a piece of wire and cloth?" Normal swords don't really stare out into the abyss and such.

Recaiden
2017-10-08, 03:24 PM
Winds shrugs.
"When all you have is a hammer..."

Deathkeeper
2017-10-08, 03:37 PM
"Well...just be careful with that thing." Krayger says, breathing out. When serious power like that is thrown out, he's just lucky that it did what it did, and didn't cause any reality-bending, spontaneous ignition, or anything like that.
"So uh, the name's Krayger." he says, offering his hand.

Recaiden
2017-10-09, 01:07 PM
Handshake ensures! "Burning Winds. Interesting to finally meet you in person, and in these costumes of all things."

Deathkeeper
2017-10-09, 01:19 PM
Krayger raises an eyebrow. It's a much more subtle movement than a human's, due to the way his skull and muscles are positioned, but it is movement.
"Finally? I wasn't aware I had much of a reputation. I hope you don't have anything against costumes. After all, you yourself said you put in more work than I did." he says, smiling a bit.

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-09, 02:42 PM
BEHOLD! It's a fearsome... LICH!

A terrible figure in a tall dark robe, with glowing eerie green gemstone eyes peering out of a spooky skull mask. In one hand, a regal jewel encrusted scepter crackles with fel magics, and in the other a heavy ironbound tome shudders under heavy locks, forbidden knowledge of dark and cursed rituals straining against confinement.

Of course, using real magic to create a lich costume is not only cheating, but also runs the risk of being legitimately too terrifying, on account of being... uh... not actually a costume. Which is why Cassandra is mostly chilling out by the music stage, mask off and props discreetly hidden away. Gotta save the full pyrotechnics for a final boss encounter down the line, or something.

The dark elf is a little different looking from her last onscreen appearance, even besides touches added for the sake of the event. Her pale grey skin has been somehow deepened to a slightly darker medium-level grey, and her previously dark hair has changed completely, having turned from raven to stark white. She leans against the wall, eyes closed as she takes in the soundscape being crafted by Electra and her accompaniment.

Morty
2017-10-09, 05:59 PM
A figure of fire and magic appears... or, well. Someone with a pretty good costume of one. Fayyaad came dressed as an ifrit, a fire spirit. He's wrapped in a red toga of sorts, exposing part of his chest. Along his arms run a pair of bright orange ribbons, with stylised flames attached. On the back, there's a pair of brightly-painted flames, made of cloth and mounted on golden filigree. His sandals have a slightly magical paint on them that seems to simmer like embers. All this is very impressive, but does require him to be careful, or else it'll get tangled up in something.

Having wandered in, Fayyaad spots Electra quickly, and waves. But she seems busy playing, so perhaps it's best if he doesn't bother her... but is that Cassandra over there? The tiefling heads towards the music stage anyway.

Recaiden
2017-10-09, 06:50 PM
Winds has no easily observable expression.
"Not much, but I know just about everyone in your line of work."

Deathkeeper
2017-10-09, 06:55 PM
Krayger shrugs. "Well, I suppose we're not exactly hidden. Are you a follower of this sort of work, or just knowledgeable?" he asks. There's something weird about this guy, for sure.

Recaiden
2017-10-09, 09:21 PM
"Well, I'm not just knowledgeable." Winds says, amused. He walks away before the mystery completely evaporates. There are lots more foods on the table to sample.

At the entrance, a giant lobster arrives. Well, on closer inspection it just seems like some other creature in a felt-heavy giant lobster suit. At the front, just under the antennae, is the face of a young girl. Karen ignores the tables of weird candy and the delicious, cutely-costumed wolves and scuttles down towards the side-tunnels. That sort of spookiness is much more appropriate for Halloween.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-09, 10:34 PM
Electra smiles at Fayyaad, but goes on playing, finishing up a song, before starting another (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrZRg4R8Qx0), inspired somewhat by his costume. She did notice Cassandra standing near the stage, and noted that she seemed to be taking the music in, much to Electra's own delight, though it's hard to tell with the way she moves around while she plays. She probably won't have much of a chance to talk to anyone for awhile yet, though perhaps later she might be able to take a short break.

Felandria
2017-10-10, 02:33 AM
Iknika blinks, then understanding dawns on her.

"It was you! Well, thanks!"

Her ears perk up when she hears the music.

"Ooooh, that's good. Music for a knight. I wonder if Koshal's here too. He's a knight in training like me."

Fel beams with pride.

I'm so happy you like it.

And I'm glad it is serving you well.

She scoops up a few chocolate coins.

Koshal, eh?

I wouldn't know if he's here.

Rebonack
2017-10-10, 11:02 AM
Khannie seems quite pleased with the feline's answer!

"Oh, good. Cats that used to be people are weird because sometimes they get offended if you pet them 'cuz they think they're too good for petting. Can I pet you?" she rambles, hand already hovering closer to the cat in the event she says yes.

Because come on.

You can't be confronted by a cat and not pet them.

That just isn't how things work.

In other news, Khannie wrinkles her nose at the 'little girl'. It looks rather silly, considering how her face is put together.

"But you're supposed to be dressed up as something! Like, I dressed up as a monk! See, I've got the silly hair and everything," she explains, pointing at the ring-shaped wig she's wearing. "You can't just come as you. That's cheating! You can't cheat at costumes on Halloween."

Morty
2017-10-10, 01:35 PM
"Well, I'm not just knowledgeable." Winds says, amused. He walks away before the mystery completely evaporates. There are lots more foods on the table to sample.

At the entrance, a giant lobster arrives. Well, on closer inspection it just seems like some other creature in a felt-heavy giant lobster suit. At the front, just under the antennae, is the face of a young girl. Karen ignores the tables of weird candy and the delicious, cutely-costumed wolves and scuttles down towards the side-tunnels. That sort of spookiness is much more appropriate for Halloween.

When the "lobster" enters the tunnels, she'll encounter a green, glowing ghost of a shark floating in the air. It's actually one of Rilla's holograms, but clearly someone is operating them from hiding.

"What do you seek here in the dungeon, young one?"

Fel beams with pride.

I'm so happy you like it.

And I'm glad it is serving you well.

She scoops up a few chocolate coins.

Koshal, eh?

I wouldn't know if he's here.

""

"He's a minotaur, but I'm not sure what he'll be dressed as," Iknika says. "And you're dressed as... I'm not actually sure either. I think I've seen this outfit somewhere."

Recaiden
2017-10-10, 04:20 PM
Karen takes a half-step back upon the appearance of the ghost shark. Though she reminds herself a moment later that it's part of the decoration, it's better spookiness than she'd been expecting.

"Treasure! What else do you want in a dungeon?" Prisoners to rescue, a quiet place to work, just a sense of adventure...but no, a dungeon had best have a big treasure chest somewhere.

McBish
2017-10-10, 05:38 PM
Chailyn grins and holds up a finger dramatically. "Ah but it is only cheating if I am a little girl under my costume." With this she slyly casts a spell which causes her eyes to shift in alien patterns slightly hypnotic. One hand held behind her back fingers wiggling in a complicated pattern. It is a pretty simple charm not at all powerful. An average mind would throw it off 75% of the time. Still she thinks I sells her costume as monster disguised as little girl nicely. Her grin is the only sign of amusement on her face and is fey enough by itself

Morty
2017-10-10, 06:30 PM
Karen takes a half-step back upon the appearance of the ghost shark. Though she reminds herself a moment later that it's part of the decoration, it's better spookiness than she'd been expecting.

"Treasure! What else do you want in a dungeon?" Prisoners to rescue, a quiet place to work, just a sense of adventure...but no, a dungeon had best have a big treasure chest somewhere.

"Ah, of course. Many treasures await here... if you can grab them. Are you willing to face puzzles and riddles, little one?" the shark asks.

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-10, 08:21 PM
A figure of fire and magic appears... or, well. Someone with a pretty good costume of one. Fayyaad came dressed as an ifrit, a fire spirit. He's wrapped in a red toga of sorts, exposing part of his chest. Along his arms run a pair of bright orange ribbons, with stylised flames attached. On the back, there's a pair of brightly-painted flames, made of cloth and mounted on golden filigree. His sandals have a slightly magical paint on them that seems to simmer like embers. All this is very impressive, but does require him to be careful, or else it'll get tangled up in something.

Having wandered in, Fayyaad spots Electra quickly, and waves. But she seems busy playing, so perhaps it's best if he doesn't bother her... but is that Cassandra over there? The tiefling heads towards the music stage anyway.

Electra smiles at Fayyaad, but goes on playing, finishing up a song, before starting another (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrZRg4R8Qx0), inspired somewhat by his costume. She did notice Cassandra standing near the stage, and noted that she seemed to be taking the music in, much to Electra's own delight, though it's hard to tell with the way she moves around while she plays. She probably won't have much of a chance to talk to anyone for awhile yet, though perhaps later she might be able to take a short break.

Cassandra doesn't notice that she's been noticed, and doesn't acknowledge Fayyaad as he approaches - there's too much music going on! If he was looking to get her attention, he might have to try being blatant about it.

Felandria
2017-10-10, 11:20 PM
When the "lobster" enters the tunnels, she'll encounter a green, glowing ghost of a shark floating in the air. It's actually one of Rilla's holograms, but clearly someone is operating them from hiding.

"What do you seek here in the dungeon, young one?"

""

"He's a minotaur, but I'm not sure what he'll be dressed as," Iknika says. "And you're dressed as... I'm not actually sure either. I think I've seen this outfit somewhere."

Diana Of Themyscira, better known as Wonder Woman.

She's my half sister, we share a dad.

WarKitty
2017-10-11, 09:15 AM
Khannie seems quite pleased with the feline's answer!

"Oh, good. Cats that used to be people are weird because sometimes they get offended if you pet them 'cuz they think they're too good for petting. Can I pet you?" she rambles, hand already hovering closer to the cat in the event she says yes.

Because come on.

You can't be confronted by a cat and not pet them.

That just isn't how things work.

In other news, Khannie wrinkles her nose at the 'little girl'. It looks rather silly, considering how her face is put together.

"But you're supposed to be dressed up as something! Like, I dressed up as a monk! See, I've got the silly hair and everything," she explains, pointing at the ring-shaped wig she's wearing. "You can't just come as you. That's cheating! You can't cheat at costumes on Halloween."

The little girl grins as Khannie asks about her costume. She takes the time to scoop some soup with beef floating in it, carefully scooping up as many pieces of beef as possible. She sets the bowl in front of cat. Still smiling like the cat that caught a canary, she clasps her hands behind her replies. "Hello I'm Chailyn. And I am a little girl." She seems extremely happy with this answer, almost bursting out laughing, but holding it in hoping she gets to deliver her punch line.

"Petting is allowed, but please stay away from the tail." Xun mentions, trying not to look too pleased and giving a flick of her tail that sends the "flames" dancing. "Mind the horns too, they're delicate." She purrs slightly and accepts the soup.

Recaiden
2017-10-11, 09:52 AM
"Ah, of course. Many treasures await here... if you can grab them. Are you willing to face puzzles and riddles, little one?" the shark asks.

"Of course!" replies the lobster. "I'm smart, bring on the puzzles!"
Very bold little sea creature.

Rebonack
2017-10-11, 01:01 PM
A normal mind would throw it off 75% of the time?

Well...

Khannie is nine years old. She doesn't fall under the category of a normal adult mind.

As such, her expression briefly flashes a look of surprise before settling into a sort of mental lethargy.

"Oh... that's really cool," she says, sounding completely enamored by the whole idea. Someone pretending to be a little girl when they aren't? That's just the coolest thing she has ever heard EVER.

Obviously she should be friends with this not-girl.

And trust everything she says implicitly.

This is clearly a really great idea.

Khannie seems too distracted waiting to hear what the not-girl wants to do to pet the kitty.

Hopefully this doesn't offend said cat too much.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-11, 03:06 PM
Hearing the music, Jack the Hagraven (though quite a bit younger than they typically appear, and it's only a costume) will head over to the stage, where she will listen and stand slightly awkwardly to one side, as she doesn't recognise anyone and doesn't fancy dancing alone. Jack looks very different to normal, and nowhere near as androgynous as her usual style. She's adopted a form halfway between human and bird, and feathers dot her short black hair. She's barefoot, with a corvid's clawed talons in place of her usual feet, and she's wearing a leather vest and a loincloth with a long, feathered breech-cloth hanging from the front and back. She's wearing long, black talons stuck to her fingernails, and charms hang from her neck and arms, many bearing small bones, feathers or glass beads.

Meanwhile, Natalie walks over to one of the tunnels and peers inside, a little cautious about entering when she doesn't know what to expect. She's a fourteen-year-old girl, with short black hair hanging just to her shoulders, and wearing a knee-length green dress, plastic fairy wings. She's barefoot, and carrying a slender willow wand. Accompanying her are a pair of real fairies, tiny things a few inches tall, with large wings and a slight glow, wearing similar dresses.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-11, 04:00 PM
Natalie could find Sam and Sherrel talking down the side tunnel, dressed in their Ganon and Zelda costumes (a few posts down from the OP). Sam isn't looking down for prospective guests like he should be, and would be easily snuck up on. The large bag of triforce cookies between the pair is quite obvious...

Morty
2017-10-11, 06:00 PM
Cassandra doesn't notice that she's been noticed, and doesn't acknowledge Fayyaad as he approaches - there's too much music going on! If he was looking to get her attention, he might have to try being blatant about it.

"Hey, Cassandra," the tiefling says, as he approaches. "Enjoying the music? Electra does know how to set the atmosphere."

Diana Of Themyscira, better known as Wonder Woman.

She's my half sister, we share a dad.

Wheels spin in Iknika's head for a moment. She's heard of Wonder Woman, having done extensive research on warrior women.

"Does that mean your dad is Zeus? The big... bearded man with all the lightning?"

"Of course!" replies the lobster. "I'm smart, bring on the puzzles!"
Very bold little sea creature.

"Answer me this riddle first, young one: what gets wetter the more it dries?"

McBish
2017-10-11, 07:43 PM
Chailyn gives the cat a few long strokes down the back. Just a few to be nice, but she is too excited about how well her costume worked. She knew it was a good idea when Chailyn told her mom and she had laughed and laughed at the idea. To Chailyn her moms laughter is the most beautiful thing in the world.

"It is cool isn't it. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I think I should really do all the things a "little girl" should do at a party. We have snacks covered obviously, so now... Maybe dancing or getting jewelry?" Right about then is when any possibility of Chailyn being an actual monster disguised. She seems unsure about what to do next and may be confusing a party with a dungeon crawl. Though the setting seems to promise treasure.

Felandria
2017-10-11, 08:56 PM
"Hey, Cassandra," the tiefling says, as he approaches. "Enjoying the music? Electra does know how to set the atmosphere."

Wheels spin in Iknika's head for a moment. She's heard of Wonder Woman, having done extensive research on warrior women.

"Does that mean your dad is Zeus? The big... bearded man with all the lightning?"

Yep, that's my dad.

I only found out a couple years ago myself.

Recaiden
2017-10-11, 09:16 PM
The lobster thinks, tilting her head back and forth in a way that sends the antennae waving wildly.
"Is it the air? Because that's where the water goes when something dries off in-"
"No, a towel!"

Rebonack
2017-10-12, 11:24 AM
Khannie blinks sloooowly as she process those suggestions. Dancing and getting jewelry? Wow, those both sound like the best ideas that she has ever heard EVER. She couldn't possibly decide between them. She'll just have to let her new best friend forever make the choice for her. "Those both sound great. Which one do you want to do?" she asks, her tone dreamy.

Poor Khannie.

You really need to work on improving your Wisdom save a bit.

Meanwhile!

Some guy arrives! And man, is he ever a guy. On the tallish side, athletic build, dressed in a pretty good rendition of the Skyrim iron armor complete with the goofy rams horns helmet. He's got a replica Steel Sword in a scabbard at his hip and a large sack full of cabbages (and other random stuff) flung over his shoulder. Because what kind of adventurer would he be if he didn't have a large bag full of food, brooms, buckets, skulls, and random monster bits? A pretty lousy adventurer, that's what kind.

He glances around the room, pulls out a sweet roll, and takes a large bite from it.

"Well. This place is pretty great," he observes. "Just gotta follow those quest markers I guess." That said, he'll head over to Jack the Hagraven, fish around in his sack for a while, and come up with a large plastic V quest marker. He examines it for a moment or two, nods, then offers it to Jack. "There you go. Don't happen to have the pommel stone of Mehrune's Razor on you? Because marching all the way to Dead Crone Rock is a real pain."

This is likely a joke.

Hopefully.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-13, 02:55 PM
Legend of Cookies

Natalie sees the large four-armed Ganondorf and Techno-Zelda, as she thinks of them (she hasn't met them, so doesn't know their names) and starts to sneak closer. She's quite good at being silent, and her bare feet help a lot in the endeavour. What doesn't help is the pair of glowing fairies trailing along behind her, though their flight is silent, they do give off small amounts of light, and since Natalie's travelling from shadow-to-shadow, they are particularly obvious. Natalie told them to stay behind, but they're disobeying and following anyway.

Meanwhile, by the Music

Jack takes the quest marker with a slightly bemused expression. "Um, no? But I could spare one of these charms. Even make it lucky, if you wanted." Jack has never played a computer game, and based her costume on a real Hagraven she once met at a Rooftop Market in Inside. She would put the plastic into her satchel, but she didn't bring her bag with her. She wasn't expecting to receive gifts, and it didn't match the rest of her costume, either.

Her player, however, greatly appreciates the entire reference, and is picturing the V to have a little circle between the arms, and be made of white plastic.

Rebonack
2017-10-13, 03:31 PM
It is in fact made of white plastic, complete with all the proper trappings. When Jack takes it, she'll likely feel many small something shifting around inside.

Mostly because the thing is full of candy.

"Really? Are you sure?" the guy asks, sounding a bit let down. "Wrong quest, maybe? Let's see... What about Nettlebane? Creepy looking dagger for sacrificing spriggans?"

He's going to see this joke through to the end, confound it all! And if he's going to see it through then he'll need a proper reference to follow through on!

Though if nothing else, Jack got a goofy prop full of candy for humoring this guy.

Halae
2017-10-13, 03:32 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

Thankfully for Sam, Sherrel is considerably more alert (mostly thanks to the auspex in her cybernetic left eye, wouldn't you know it), and though she might have missed the rather silent child, she does notice the fairies, and those lead her to seeing Natalie as well. Sherrel grins, and pokes Sam, before standing up to play her part.

"Oh brave hero! Come, defeat the evil Ganon, and claim your reward!"

Deathkeeper
2017-10-13, 03:55 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

It's important to note that Sam is Ganon, not Ganondorf. He'd have to lose a few hundred pounds and reshape his face to not be half nose to dress as a dark-skinned desert warlord.
"Fool! No one has defeated the dreaded Ganon!" he thunders, hefting his pitchfork and his cardboard box of soft foam dodgeballs at our heroine.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-13, 04:29 PM
Legend of Cookies

The only Zelda games I've played are Phantom Hourglass (where I got stuck) and Twilight Princess, which is one of the very few games I've actually completed. But I haven't played either in ages, so mistakes are likely. Oh, and I unlocked everyone but Jigglypuff on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I don't know if that counts.

"I think Link did, didn't he? I haven't completed my Zelda game, so I don't know if the bad guy wins." She also can't remember what game it is, so her player doesn't have to state which one. "I'm not dressed as Link, though. So I guess a faerie will do." Natalie gestures, and one of her accompanying fey zips forward to hover just in front of Sam's face, and blow a raspberry at him. Natalie counts on that to distract Sam long enough for her to get closer and snag a biscuit. Possibly Sherrel, too, if Zelda wants rescuing.

Meanwhile, By the Music

"I have a set of knuckles. Is this what you mean?" Jack reaches into a pocket under the breech-cloth and pulls out a set of brass knuckles, those these are made of black steel. "I haven't used it to sacrifice spriggans, though."

Morty
2017-10-13, 06:06 PM
Yep, that's my dad.

I only found out a couple years ago myself.

Iknika's ears twitch.

"You make it sound so normal."

The lobster thinks, tilting her head back and forth in a way that sends the antennae waving wildly.
"Is it the air? Because that's where the water goes when something dries off in-"
"No, a towel!"

"You are clever, young one. Go on, and you'll face another puzzle."

The "ghost" of the shark floats into a wall.

Rebonack
2017-10-13, 07:01 PM
The guy heaves a sigh. "No, they don't even HAVE fist weapons in Skyrim, which is honestly a huge shame. There's always the next installment I guess? Assuming it ever comes out. Okay... hmm what else..." he mutters looking thoughtful now. "What were the other quests with hagravens? Orphan Rock with Nettlebane... Dead Crone Rock with the pommel stone... Hmmm... OH! A Night to Remember! Haha, who could forget that one, am I right?" he laughs, gesturing at Jack in a fashion that suggests she should, without question, remember that one. "That's got to be it. Unless we're talking one of the 'you must defeat a hagraven' quests, which this obviously isn't."

Obviously.

Bopping people with realistic looking foam rubber swords might be frowned upon!

Someone might think the guy is actually assaulting someone.

"Okay. A Night to Remember. So... a ring. Do you have a ring on you? Please say you do. Because after the temple and the goat and the giant I'm already at my wits end."

If someone isn't familiar with these references, there's a good chance they might be really confused.

Which makes it all the more hilarious.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-13, 07:47 PM
"I can honestly say I haven't forgotten a Night to Remember?" Because she has no idea what this person is talking about. "I, uh, might have a ring. If you'd look away briefly..." Jack pops off her fake talons and grabs one of her charms, quickly tying it into a circle and tightening it so it could fit around somebody's finger. "Here we go, a ring. Hope it's the one the giant goat wants." It's certainly a ring! It's round and would fit. It's also made from a leather twist, with several glass beads entwined amidst the repeated strand. It's pretty nice, if simple and not one's usual definition of 'jewellery'. Jack blows on it before she hands it over, too. "Here, one lucky ring-charm."

The luck may, or may not, actually be a thing. That's the thing with luck; it's hard to detect. Jack, needless to say, is very confused.

Felandria
2017-10-13, 11:32 PM
Iknika's ears twitch.

"You make it sound so normal."

Honestly, for me, the concept of normal is becoming increasingly distant.

Hard to tell what normal even is these days.

Anyway, what kind of fun we have going around here?

Rebonack
2017-10-14, 08:51 AM
In the end, it probably depends on the sort of luck we're talking about. If we're talking about little immaterial, invisible fae spirits that get offended really easily when people break the rules to their games (such as by walking under a ladder) and react by visiting misfortune on their endeavors? Well! Then maybe luck DOES exist? Assuming said fae spirits do. It's kind of hard to definitively confirm or deny the existence of invisible, immaterial beings who refuse to pay taxes.

But in the Nexus?

Who knows!

Maybe there are little fae exactly like that following people around who have good luck charms to aid them.

Regardless!

That guy has acquired a ring! "Huh, close enough I guess. Not really what I would of expected for a wedding band sold by some trader in Whiterun. Thanks!" He stows it away in his giant sack full of random junk. That went easier than expected. And he didn't even need to slay the hagraven to get the ring! At about this time he finally manages to notice the complete befuddlement written on Jack's features and it slowly begins to dawn on him that maybe they aren't getting the joke? "Oh... oh no. I'm not going to have to explain the joke, am I? You know jokes are like user interfaces. If you have to explain them they aren't very good ones. Familiar with Skyrim at all?"

Upon the likely result of being met with a blank face-

"Okay, it's a good thing I downloaded Skyrim for pocket toasters then," he says, once again reaching into his bag. This time around he pulls out a weird looking little device slightly larger than a slice of bread with a slot on the top and a touchscreen on one face. He fiddles with it a bit, and before long a rather famous opening song begins gradually building to crescendo. He hands it to Jack. "Here you go. Have fun wasting a few hours."

Or days.

Or years.

Recaiden
2017-10-14, 02:58 PM
"You are clever, young one. Go on, and you'll face another puzzle."

The "ghost" of the shark floats into a wall.

Karen is quite proud of herself cleverly figuring that one out.
But before proceeding onward, she stares a moment at the place where the shark disappeared. Was that a real ghost? You don't see those everyday.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-14, 04:02 PM
I have well over seven hundred hours of Skyrim, though I've not completed the game. So, yeah, days or even years looks likely.

"Uh, thank you. How long does the battery last, and how do I recharge it? My hometown's pretty primitive, by... Just about everyone's standards, really. My costume is based on a woman I met at a Roof Market. She was looking for magical reagents, of a decidedly unpleasant sort. Really creeped me out, which inspired the costume." Which also means Jack has very little idea what a 'user interface' is, too. She turns the device over in her hands several times, fascinated with the technology.

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-14, 04:32 PM

Cassandra opens her eyes, smiling as she sees Fayyaad, though that smile tightens very slightly as he mentions the music. "Yes, I suppose. She is quite talented."

Morty
2017-10-14, 06:08 PM
Honestly, for me, the concept of normal is becoming increasingly distant.

Hard to tell what normal even is these days.

Anyway, what kind of fun we have going around here?

"There's puzzles and such in the tunnels. Seems to be a thing for kids, though," Iknika says. "The MERC people seem to be providing them."

Cassandra opens her eyes, smiling as she sees Fayyaad, though that smile tightens very slightly as he mentions the music. "Yes, I suppose. She is quite talented."

"Ah, yes. You two met, didn't you? I suggested that she talk to you. How did that go?" Fayyaad asks. "She did decide to stay in MERC, so I'm guessing it went well."

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-14, 07:07 PM
Cassandra shrugs.

"I just gave my honest opinion. You'd have to ask her if that's what convinced her or not." She glances up at the stage again, briefly.

Morty
2017-10-14, 07:50 PM
"Whatever it is, I'm glad. I rather enjoy having her around. Music aside, her costume is... impressive, wouldn't you say?" He looks up at Electra, before returning his eyes to Cassandra. "So is yours, too. Did you dye your hair for it?"

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-14, 09:17 PM
The presence of more people surrounding the stage gives Electra some renewed energy, and the number of people increasing means she should try and give the music a bit more spooky of an air. She starts off with a relatively quick number (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnbZGYrsM0), then slows it down some for the next (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgJ734b2RuQ) couple (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaPNBugdsd8) of songs, before picking things back up again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fy-UdQrs0I). She grins at both Cassandra and Fayyaad when they look up to her, but others will probably note the grin persisting. Clearly, she's enjoying herself, and that energy is conveyed through the music as she plays.

Rebonack
2017-10-14, 09:21 PM
It turns out that just wanting the on-screen avatar to do something results in the respective actions. Also, the device is a toaster. Because they've released Skyrim for basically every other platform already, right?

"When the battery starts getting low you just have to find a new piece of toast to feed it," the guy explains. "It'll detoast the bread to power itself."

That...

That doesn't make any sense.

At all, really.

But hardly the weirdest thing to grace the Nexus in recent days.

"Thanks again for the ring! I'll need to finish up a few more tests real quick before those alligators take over the house boat. I'm sure you understand," he says as he moves to begin searching for another quest to complete. For whatever reason, completion of a quest has caused a hovering 'bar inventory' to appear next to his sack, which now includes a ring that does not, in fact, look anything like the ring he was just given. Said inventory then flips back over, vanishing from view. He takes a few steps away before pausing suddenly.

"Wait. No, not a house boat. It isn't snowing any ash. This was... a dungeon crawl party?" he says aloud, his appearance briefly flickering like a bad DVD artifact. "Right. Dungeon crawl party. Gotta keep this straight. Don't want to jump straight from one scene to another before this is finished, it's been interesting. Just... c'mon, focus." The flickering dies down as quickly as it began and he smiles back at Jack. "Right, right. So! What sort of dungeon partying is going on, anyway? I don't think I remember this song."

Halae
2017-10-15, 12:33 PM
Legend of Cookies

The only Zelda games I've played are Phantom Hourglass (where I got stuck) and Twilight Princess, which is one of the very few games I've actually completed. But I haven't played either in ages, so mistakes are likely. Oh, and I unlocked everyone but Jigglypuff on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I don't know if that counts.

"I think Link did, didn't he? I haven't completed my Zelda game, so I don't know if the bad guy wins." She also can't remember what game it is, so her player doesn't have to state which one. "I'm not dressed as Link, though. So I guess a faerie will do." Natalie gestures, and one of her accompanying fey zips forward to hover just in front of Sam's face, and blow a raspberry at him. Natalie counts on that to distract Sam long enough for her to get closer and snag a biscuit. Possibly Sherrel, too, if Zelda wants rescuing.[/COLOR][Legend of Cookies]

The princess is part of the set, sadly, so she can't get rescued. But she'll slip a small bag of treats to the little hero when she passes by - a couple chocolate bars should compliment the cookies nicely.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-15, 03:57 PM
Legend of Cookies

"Nu-uh!" Sam insists, though he doesn't stop Natalie from her theft besides waving his pitchfork menacingly at her.
"Curse you!!" he bellows.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-15, 04:40 PM
Legend of Cookies

Natalie giggles as she takes her looted sweets and snacks, before skipping off, her faeries zipping after her. "Curses don't stick to faeries! Thank you, Zelda!" is provided as a parting gift, though its accuracy likely depends on the type of faerie and exactly what is doing the cursing.

Meanwhile, Skydaw at the Stage

Jack puts her new toy away, though she'll likely be playing with it later. "Yes, a dungeon crawl party. Because of All Hallow's Eve later this month. There's music, and stuff. A table of food, some specially designed for the party, others looking less fun. Guests, too, though not too many yet, it seems." Jack is slightly disconcerted by the flickering, and isn't familiar with badly recorded DVDs or other filmographic media. "I haven't been here too long, so I don't know fully what's available, besides food and dancing." She's noted the food, and will likely go to investigate it further later, but right now there's music and someone talking to her.

Rebonack
2017-10-15, 06:44 PM
Yes.

Someone talking to her.

Who is certainly, without question, a guy.

A guy in a dovakin cosplay, since that was thematically relevant for the party. He just has to make sure that he's still on board with what's going on here, as scenarios are easy to lose track of sometimes. He gives her a sagely nod. "Okay, good. That's what I thought. I'll be level with you, here. I'm dreaming right now. And I keep dreaming about this-"

He gestures around.

"-nameless city and all the odd people and places in it. Not to say you aren't real! Just... I'm not. I might be an astral projection. Or something. I honestly have no idea how it works, but I guess it does. And I just walked down here in costume because that was thematically fitting, probably. There isn't always a very clear progression of logic when it comes to dreams. If I start getting less lucid or whatever, feel free to belt me upside the head to get me back on track. I'm about eighty five percent sure at this point that this city is not in fact in the Dreamlands anywhere. This is more like... when Randolph Carter dreamed himself all the way to another planet, I think? I dunno. I have no idea why I'm telling you all this, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about."

With a sigh, he pulls a cheese wheel out of his bag and takes a bite out of it.

"I've been here a few days. I... think? Time is hard to keep track of. Normally I can wake up again pretty easily, but blinking isn't working."

Morty
2017-10-15, 06:58 PM
Karen is quite proud of herself cleverly figuring that one out.
But before proceeding onward, she stares a moment at the place where the shark disappeared. Was that a real ghost? You don't see those everyday.

Karen eventually reaches a small cave, with a door on the other end. Between her and the door there is tiled floor, with eight tiles across and eight tiles wide. They alternate between white and black. There are two keys hanging from the ceiling above each side of the floor, and the door seems to have two locks. One key seems to have a horse-shaped figurine attached to it, while the other has a bishop's hat.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-15, 07:13 PM
"Randolph Carter... Is he a relation of John Carter of Mars?" Which is a book I'd like to read, if I can motivate myself into finding a copy. I have seen the movie, however, and remember enjoying it, though I was trying not to watch it and therefore can't remember the full sequence of events as it started whilst I was on my laptop. But the reference seems valid, and books are far more portable than computers, and don't need too much of a technological base to enjoy the full benefits thereof. Which is handy, as Jack's tribe import all their technology and don't have an electrical hook-up. "The city isn't nameless, by the way. It's called Inside, because it encompasses everything 'inside' the city walls. Although I can see that as being dream logic. Do you ever have dreams where you're underwater but can still breath and move easily?" Jack's not as human as she looks, and has the ability to fly naturally. Dreaming about it, therefore, tends to be quite realistic; but she can't swim.

Rebonack
2017-10-15, 07:50 PM
The guy looks thoughtful for a moment. "That's... actually a pretty good comparison between the Carters. Jack astral projected to Mars, so I guess he technically wasn't really there either? But otherwise, no. I don't think they're related. Though now that I think about it, my situation is probably a bit more similar to Jack's than it was to Randolph's. Mostly since I didn't have a giant space-squid stuff my mind into an alien's body. Since this isn't an alien's body. It's just me-"

The guy- Oh wait.

That's not a guy.

That's some sort of weird bat-wyvern-person thing. Or was he like that the whole time and it just wasn't noticeable? He certainly didn't change form at all. If someone with an eye for magic were watching, there wasn't any illusion or transmutation involved at all. He's just both a human and not a human simultaneously, with one side of the coin being obvious and the other less-so.

Regardless! He's still generally humanoid-shaped with large, three fingered hands. The OTHER two fingers are elongated and currently clamped tight against his arms, ready to unfurl into wings at any moment. His legs are the digitigrade dinosaur-dragon sort you would expect to go along with a long, slightly flattened tail ending in a broad spade. His face is at once mammalian and reptilian, leaning a bit more toward 'reptile' with his nose and 'mammal' with his mouth. Usually lizards don't have lips with which to grin too-wide Cheshire-cat grins full of too-white teeth. That face is framed by long, mobile, elliptical ears and a jagged set of dorsal plates starting small at the crown of his head before growing much larger along his upper back before gradually tapering off again as they run down his tail. Between the plates blue-black mist swirling, tendrils of it wisping between his teeth.

Oh. And he's also fuzzy. Dark brown streaked with rusty red. Where scales show through, they're the same slate-grey as his spines.

He's also no longer wearing the iron armor cosplay. Instead, he's wearing a foam rubber hat shaped like Alduin's curvy horns along with a dragon-y chest piece. The rest of him already looks the part, so why bother?

"-and also me. Which also happens to be easier to utilize than normal? Typically I need a really good excuse for flying," he briefly unfurls his wings, careful not to knock off anyone's hat. "Or at least the claws for climbing a tree. And... huh... actually I don't recall ever dreaming about swimming. Ever. Hmm... tons of dreams that involve the ocean. A few wading through rivers. But for the life of me, I don't recall any where I had to actually swim. Like... I can think of several dreamscapes I've visited where I've hopped across rocks. And one I've been to dozens of times at the bottom of a trail through an aspen forest where there's this huge grey cliff-face with a waterfall flowing into a river that I wade around in..."

He seems thoughtful about that, staring up at the ceiling and mouthing something, his ears twitching this way and that as his eyes fall into motions not unlike REM. After a moment or two he shakes his head. "Two. Maybe three? Where I was crossing a river and got knocked over by the current and started tumbling. But I flew out. I didn't swim. Let alone under water. And I swam all the time when I was awake. Is that weird? Do you dream about swimming and breather under water often?"

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-15, 11:41 PM
"Whatever it is, I'm glad. I rather enjoy having her around. Music aside, her costume is... impressive, wouldn't you say?" He looks up at Electra, before returning his eyes to Cassandra. "So is yours, too. Did you dye your hair for it?"

The presence of more people surrounding the stage gives Electra some renewed energy, and the number of people increasing means she should try and give the music a bit more spooky of an air. She starts off with a relatively quick number (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnbZGYrsM0), then slows it down some for the next (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgJ734b2RuQ) couple (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaPNBugdsd8) of songs, before picking things back up again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fy-UdQrs0I). She grins at both Cassandra and Fayyaad when they look up to her, but others will probably note the grin persisting. Clearly, she's enjoying herself, and that energy is conveyed through the music as she plays.

Cassandra frowns briefly as Fayyaad looks away, seeming to either disapprove of Electra's costume - or maybe just the attention Fayyaad is paying to it. That's quickly done away with though, and long before anyone is looking back towards her, she's smiling as if nothing had happened.
"No," she says, reaching up and toying with a few strands of her now snowy hair (https://i.imgur.com/N6uncdv.jpg). "On both counts, actually. I used magic, not dye, and it's for some business of MERC's, not for the costume."

Felandria
2017-10-16, 03:24 AM
"There's puzzles and such in the tunnels. Seems to be a thing for kids, though," Iknika says. "The MERC people seem to be providing them."

Yeah, I saw that.

I wish I was able to do stuff like that when I was a kid.

Ah well.

She absentmindedly noms a Kit Kat.

Anyway, if you ever want a sparring partner, just let me know.

Morty
2017-10-16, 10:05 AM
Cassandra frowns briefly as Fayyaad looks away, seeming to either disapprove of Electra's costume - or maybe just the attention Fayyaad is paying to it. That's quickly done away with though, and long before anyone is looking back towards her, she's smiling as if nothing had happened.
"No," she says, reaching up and toying with a few strands of her now snowy hair (https://i.imgur.com/N6uncdv.jpg). "On both counts, actually. I used magic, not dye, and it's for some business of MERC's, not for the costume."

Fayyaad is blissfully unaware of Cassandra's jealousy, but he doesn't ogle Electra for too long. Instead, he raises his eyebrows, as he looks back to Cassandra.

"MERC business? Now you have me curious, but the kind of business that requires you to look differently tends to be the kind you're not supposed to talk about." He recognizes that, at least. "It's a good look on you, though. White hair and dark skin makes for a fascinating combination." He raises his arms. "Fashion magic isn't my forte, so I went with a fire theme again. Attaching ribbons to your outfit isn't as great an idea as it sounds, though."

Yeah, I saw that.

I wish I was able to do stuff like that when I was a kid.

Ah well.

She absentmindedly noms a Kit Kat.

Anyway, if you ever want a sparring partner, just let me know.

Iknika peers up at Felandria.

"Well... that might be a good idea. I should learn how to fight with people who are a lot bigger than I am. Koshal's mostly human-sized and all my cousins are goblins. Plus they're wimps, anyway. Except Brinika, but she's too tiny."

McBish
2017-10-16, 10:12 AM
Chailyn considers the dance floor and shakes her head. "Well the dance floor looks full of old people. Lets go see what kind of things they have in these tunnels." She says making up her mind and reaching to pull Khannie by the hand to pull her towards the side tunnels. She will definitely be looking to get into places that are off limits. But she isn't likely to get into any of those and will probably be funneled into the puzzles and stuff set up for kids.

Recaiden
2017-10-16, 01:51 PM
Karen eventually reaches a small cave, with a door on the other end. Between her and the door there is tiled floor, with eight tiles across and eight tiles wide. They alternate between white and black. There are two keys hanging from the ceiling above each side of the floor, and the door seems to have two locks. One key seems to have a horse-shaped figurine attached to it, while the other has a bishop's hat.

A checkerboard!
Or, no, wait, a chessboard, with those two key-pieces up there.
Karen scowls at the board. Chess is a boring game. But, uh, the knight went here...
She hops onto one of the matching spaces, guessing that the trick is to get from here to there only moving the way the pieces can move themselves. No thought is given as to whether left or right is the better starting place.

Morty
2017-10-16, 02:27 PM
[Puzzles]

Moving like a knight gets Karen to the first key. Can she now cross the board again, this time while moving like a bishop?

Earl of Purple
2017-10-16, 02:37 PM
"Quite often I dream of swimming. It's odd, I rarely dream of flying, but humans say that's something they do quite often. I'm not as human as I look, though I don't look as human as usual now. I'm a shifter. Not human, not jackdaw, but something in between. I can take either shape, or mix and match like I'm doing now, for the bird-feet and some of the feathers." But she's notably not a human that turns into a jackdaw, nor a jackdaw that turns into a human. Shifter also isn't what they call themselves, but the name their human neighbours use, as a catch-all for her tribe and others like them. "I don't swim, otherwise. Can't, really. I'm not a waterbird, and I never learnt the human method." She can't generate the oil used by ducks to keep their feathers dry, so her bird-shape would soak through and leave her unable to fly and looking very bedraggled. And cold.

Rebonack
2017-10-16, 08:05 PM
"Actually, scratch that, once when I was... I dunno... six? I think? I swam down this deep tunnel that only looked like it was puddle from the surface. Think I might have drowned in the dream," the guy muses. "But otherwise I don't really dream of swimming. I think I might technically count as a fae sort of thing and fae usually have some really arbitrary rules about what they can and can't do. I didn't start dreaming about being like this-"

He gestures to his currently not at all human looking form.

"-until after the puddle-pool of doom dream, so maybe that's why?"

Another shrug.

"Oh! So you're sort of two things at the same time? Or... I guess not really either of those things at once? I guess that's kinda the situation I'm in, but I don't really deal in shades of grey. It's either human or... umm," he glances down at himself, then makes a vague gesture with one arm. "Whatever it is I'm supposed to be. Some kind of wyvern, I guess? I have the creeping feeling I got the general body shape from Rodan. I used to love Godzilla and pals when I was a kid."

A beat.

"I still do. But I also used to. It kind of explains the dorsal plates. And the breath-weapon," he muses aloud, glancing over a shoulder at his back. "Doesn't explain why I'm not ginormous, though. Ah well. Just another mystery."

Then he grins a Cheshire cat grin. "Oh, human style swimming is pretty easy. You spread your arms out and kick your legs back and forth to make yourself float. It's slow and looks pretty hilarious compared to any animal actually built to swim, but it's a serviceable alternative to drowning."

Meanwhile!

Khannie is taken by the hand and begins following her new 'friend' without word.

It's so much more fun just letting someone else decide everything for her, yes indeed.

Felandria
2017-10-16, 09:41 PM
Fayyaad is blissfully unaware of Cassandra's jealousy, but he doesn't ogle Electra for too long. Instead, he raises his eyebrows, as he looks back to Cassandra.

"MERC business? Now you have me curious, but the kind of business that requires you to look differently tends to be the kind you're not supposed to talk about." He recognizes that, at least. "It's a good look on you, though. White hair and dark skin makes for a fascinating combination." He raises his arms. "Fashion magic isn't my forte, so I went with a fire theme again. Attaching ribbons to your outfit isn't as great an idea as it sounds, though."

Iknika peers up at Felandria.

"Well... that might be a good idea. I should learn how to fight with people who are a lot bigger than I am. Koshal's mostly human-sized and all my cousins are goblins. Plus they're wimps, anyway. Except Brinika, but she's too tiny."

You always want to be prepared for any kind of opponent.

Whether it's someone as big as me or someone as tiny as Brinika.

You never want to underestimate an enemy.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-17, 11:26 AM
"I'm not human, nor a jackdaw. I just look like one. Or the other, or I mix and match. I don't do that too often, though. It creeps humans out, a little, and it doesn't serve too much purpose. I'm too big to fly easily at this size, and I can't carry anything if my arms are wings. And the feet are OK for gripping things, but aren't good for fine tasks, and either hold or don't. They aren't so good at gentle." So she's neither, both at once.

"I haven't had much dealings with fae. Probably a good thing, too. We aren't diggers, my people. The technology we have, we bought. On our own, without trade, we'd be in the stone age. And happy with it, too. Shelter isn't too hard to find for us, nor is food. And most predators that would go after a jackdaw won't go after a human, and anything that would go after a human can't fly. As it is, we buy tools and sell lucky charms, feather pillows, and some wood carvings, and occasionally hire ourselves out as scouts, explorers or messengers." So they're pretty vulnerable, since they don't forge their own iron or steel, but with their native abilities and inherent claustrophobia, they didn't have the desire to find anything better.

"I probably should learn to swim, then. If it's pretty easy. But I'm afraid I don't know what Godzilla or Rodan are." Though she has a rough idea for Rodan, based on what the guy has said.

Rebonack
2017-10-17, 12:21 PM
"Oh, so sorta of like a jackalwere, then?" the guy muses aloud. "I guess they aren't technically a jackal. Or a human. Or a mix of both if they feel like it. They're just their own thing that happens to resemble both."

Okay.

He's got it now!

"So mostly hunter-gatherer foraging sort of stuff? There are still some humans that stick to that, though they mostly live out in really remote areas that haven't had much contact with populations that figured out how to get the science and technology feedback look rolling. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, but personally I think I prefer heated houses and Internet," he laughs. "Though maybe that's only because I'm aware it's an option. If someone's only knowledge of civilization consisted of mud-huts and subsistence farming they wouldn't be aware they're missing out on anything."

"Do your people have a name for themselves?" he asks curiously. He's got the uncanny feeling that it would translate to something like 'the people' in their language. People usually call themselves people. Not much of a shock, there. "Learning to swim is pretty easy. I guess humans just KNOW how to do it when they're babies, but then they sort of forget? Learning how to swim isn't terribly difficult, you just need the time and inclination to figure it out. And a body of water shallow enough that drowning isn't an issue."

At the mention of kaiju he laughs and makes a dismissive gesture.

"Don't worry too much about it. They're things from a pretty absurd series of movies. Have you been to a movie before?"

Recaiden
2017-10-17, 01:11 PM
Moving like a knight gets Karen to the first key. Can she now cross the board again, this time while moving like a bishop?

Karen reaches up and takes the first key in her teeth (no one with opposable thumbs wears a lobster costume), and looks across the board.
That hat is a bishop's hat. She's not sure what a bishop is, actually, but it's definitely not a king or a queen or a rook.
She stars hopping, diagonally one-two-three this way, then four-five-six back up, and finally, seven, to the space next to the key.
Hah!
If no other chess symbols present themselves, she scampers across the board to the door without any heed for the pattern and undertakes the process of opening it.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-17, 03:00 PM
"I don't know jackalwere. Never met one. Yes, we are hunter-gatherers. My home village is, anyway. Not mud huts, though. My mother has a yurt, but most of us have moved into some old caravans we found in a bombed-out looking campground. Now I've left, I usually squat in abandoned attics or, if the weather's nice, roost on a rooftop. Lots of abandoned places wings can find, if you know where to look. And can fit through broken windows." So probably not available for the guy, then. Or not as available, at least. "We do have a name. It's... A little arrogant, however. A literal translation would be 'Best People', with jackdaws being referred to as 'Lesser Minds' and humans as 'Grounded'. I'd have to change my face to pronounce the words properly. English is easier. Even if I'm all the way bird I can say some words in English. Takes a bit of practice, though." Corvids are smart birds, and jackdaws and ravens have both some mimic ability. Others might, too.

Morty
2017-10-17, 05:27 PM
Karen reaches up and takes the first key in her teeth (no one with opposable thumbs wears a lobster costume), and looks across the board.
That hat is a bishop's hat. She's not sure what a bishop is, actually, but it's definitely not a king or a queen or a rook.
She stars hopping, diagonally one-two-three this way, then four-five-six back up, and finally, seven, to the space next to the key.
Hah!
If no other chess symbols present themselves, she scampers across the board to the door without any heed for the pattern and undertakes the process of opening it.

Karen is able to reach the door, where she can then use the two keys to open it. She reaches another cave, where she'll see a small chest on a pedestal.

"You have bested my puzzles and riddles, young one," says a voice from somewhere above her. "Now you can claim your prize."

You always want to be prepared for any kind of opponent.

Whether it's someone as big as me or someone as tiny as Brinika.

You never want to underestimate an enemy.

Iknika's ears twitch.

"I guess even someone tiny can be dangerous. Brinika has some goddess-powers someone granted her, but she just doesn't have it in her to use them to hurt someone. I don't think she could even if she wanted to, either."

Halae
2017-10-18, 03:04 PM
Legend of Cookies

"Nu-uh!" Sam insists, though he doesn't stop Natalie from her theft besides waving his pitchfork menacingly at her.
"Curse you!!" he bellows.
Legend of Cookies

Natalie giggles as she takes her looted sweets and snacks, before skipping off, her faeries zipping after her. "Curses don't stick to faeries! Thank you, Zelda!" is provided as a parting gift, though its accuracy likely depends on the type of faerie and exactly what is doing the cursing. [Legend of Cookies]

"Cute kid," Sherrel comments after Natalie's gone, smiling, "I wonder how many we'll see down here tonight."

Deathkeeper
2017-10-18, 03:05 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

"Yeah. Did I do ok? I'm not good at acting." Sam asks. Though he's just overthinking it. He's actually a pretty good liar.

Khannie and her new best friend might stumble into Sam and Sherrel's tunnel, or perhaps someone else's.

Halae
2017-10-18, 03:29 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

"You did fine. Just need to do it a few more times." Sherrel says encouragingly.

Recaiden
2017-10-18, 04:11 PM
Karen is able to reach the door, where she can then use the two keys to open it. She reaches another cave, where she'll see a small chest on a pedestal.

"You have bested my puzzles and riddles, young one," says a voice from somewhere above her. "Now you can claim your prize."

Karen looks up, searching for the voice. That didn't sound like the ghost shark...

But if there's nothing to see up there, she bounds over to the chest to nudge it open.

Morty
2017-10-18, 06:39 PM
[Puzzles]

The chest contains, appropriately enough, a big, plush shark with a silly, toothy grin.

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-18, 09:08 PM

Cassandra gives Fayyaad a cryptic smile. Really, she can't help it. These are becoming a serious problem at this point.

"The type of job where I need to blend in with the locals, yes." Be careful Fayyaad, the next time you see Cass, she might be wearing leather straps and whipping every pathetic male in sight.

Then again...

"Why not?"

Felandria
2017-10-19, 03:21 AM

Iknika's ears twitch.

"I guess even someone tiny can be dangerous. Brinika has some goddess-powers someone granted her, but she just doesn't have it in her to use them to hurt someone. I don't think she could even if she wanted to, either."

Then it sounds like whoever gave her those powers made the right decision.

But even still, it doesn't matter the size, or how confident you are in your abilities, if you take an opponent for granted, you will be making a terrible mistake.

So if you ever need any help with your training, just call me.

Felandria hands Iknika a business card with her phone number on it.

Morty
2017-10-19, 07:09 AM
Cassandra gives Fayyaad a cryptic smile. Really, she can't help it. These are becoming a serious problem at this point.

"The type of job where I need to blend in with the locals, yes." Be careful Fayyaad, the next time you see Cass, she might be wearing leather straps and whipping every pathetic male in sight.

Then again...

"Why not?"

You can't all yourself a sorceress without cryptic smiles. A well-know fact.

"I step on them," Fayyaad says, with brutal honesty. "And they catch on everything. Doors, people, furniture. I don't know if magic can help with that. My practised grace can only go so far."

Then it sounds like whoever gave her those powers made the right decision.

But even still, it doesn't matter the size, or how confident you are in your abilities, if you take an opponent for granted, you will be making a terrible mistake.

So if you ever need any help with your training, just call me.

Felandria hands Iknika a business card with her phone number on it.

Iknika grabs the card.

"Thanks! Uh... I live in Underside, but I think it's too small down there for you. But I hang out at GLoG a lot, too."

McBish
2017-10-19, 10:14 AM
[Legend of Cookies]

Chailyn leads Khannie down the tunnels until she spots Sam and Sherrel. She pulls back around the corner and considers her next move. She looks Khannie up and down. "So what can you do? Any special powers or stuff? She asks curiously, suspecting her new friend has to have some cool talents. She has hears stories about the Nexus even if this is her first time visiting. She knows most people are more than what they appear, a lesson she learned in her homeland as well.

Recaiden
2017-10-19, 10:48 AM
[Puzzles]

The chest contains, appropriately enough, a big, plush shark with a silly, toothy grin.

Victory!
Karen tugs the toy shark loose and maneuvers it around to rest on the claws of the lobster costume. Aww, look at those silly soft teeth! How cute.
With her prize claimed, she'll saunter back out of the puzzle-tunnels towards the main room.

Rebonack
2017-10-19, 11:01 AM
[Khannie]

Khannie still moving around like she's in a daze. Enchantments spells will do that. Wonder when she'll manage to shake it off?

"I'm good at punching stuff!" she replies dreamily. Her new best friend in the whole world wants to know what she's good at? Oh wow, this will be the perfect chance to impress her! But... "But daddy says I'm not allowed to punch people since I might hurt them on accident."

She got a punching bag once!

It didn't survive very long.

Had to enchant it so it would repair itself.

[That Guy]

"Best People?" the guy echoes, a slight grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. "You're right. That does sound a little arrogant. So you just sleep wherever? I guess that makes sense if you can be a bird whenever you want. Birds don't take up too much space and people typically don't pay much attention to them."

Especially corvids.

They're so ubiquitous they can get away with just about anything.

"I had a steller's jay steal my cinnamon rolls once when I was out camping. They were left unattended on a picnic table for about five minutes and then the package was torn open and they were gone. I'm sure you don't do anything like that," he muses aloud. At least they aren't kenku. Kenku are just annoying. And honestly creating an entire race of thieves just feels like bad form. Haven't seen any around the city yet, though... "I... guess I really haven't had anywhere I've been staying. But given that I'm dreaming about being here that isn't too weird."

Earl of Purple
2017-10-20, 04:14 PM
"We're the only people we're aware of that change from bird to humanoid. Hence why we named ourselves 'best'. And, yeah. I sleep pretty much wherever I want." She contemplates the story of the Steller's Jay. "Jays are nearly as bad as magpies. Nasty, horrible birds, magpies. Eggthieves and worse. I wouldn't swoop down and steal a picnicker's lunch, that's for sure." Although she's tried pickpocketing before. "What happens to the you here when you wake up? Do you have somewhere safe to go, or do you decorporate?" She's not too certain she's got the word right, but then, she's not sure there's a word for what she means.

Rebonack
2017-10-20, 07:22 PM
"No no raven people or magpie people, then," the guy muses aloud. "At least none where you're from? This city has quite a bit of stuff ranging from fairly tame to very not, I'll bet if you really looked hard you could find someone else who can be either a human or a bird when they feel like it. Though... they might be able to be other things, too. That's always been kind of a druid thing, if we're talking D&D druids. I guess actual druids were just... priestly lawyers, sort of?"

Or something like that.

At least eighty five percent less transforming into bears and mauling orcs to death.

"I appreciate you not stealing people's cinnamon rolls. There are a few things that shouldn't be meddled with when it comes to camping, and cinnamon rolls are one of those things. If you haven't ever had cinnamon rolls foil-wrapped and warmed over an open fire, I really suggest you try it out some time," that guy says, getting a dreamy look at the thought of the warm, gooey snack. So good...

"Oh, uh, no need to worry about me waking up. I've actually been trying to figure out exactly what's going on. See, I randomly found this weird city several days ago- or at least it feels like it was several days ago- and since then I haven't been able to wake myself up. My guess is that the dream just FEELS like it has been going on a long time when in reality it hasn't been any longer than usual. Dreams are weird like that," he explains. "Though if you want to be technical, I don't wake up. Waking World me does."

That might result in a confused look, so he continues.

"Everyone you meet in a dream, including yourself, is a maskless fae spirit. They don't have any identity of their own, but they draw on the minds passing through the Dreamlands to create an identity. Even the person who might represent 'you'. That's why dreams are often in third person or outside of the dreamer's control. They aren't really there, they're just watching the show. When the dreamer wakes up, the fae lose their identities and go back to being hardly aware spirits," the guy says, scooping up several chips to use as dubiously helpful visual aids. "But when someone is a Lucid, they're able to make direct mental contact with one of those fae. That can create a permanent identity for the fae that the Lucid can express control over while they're sleeping. A Lucid might only have one such dream persona or a whole bunch of them. That's what I am. I can tell Waking World me is still asleep, but right now they're just watching. I, or he I guess, is trying to wake up but we aren't making much headway. He's focusing on that problem while I'm doing all the talking. Though, hehe, given that we're mentally the exact same person there's not too much of a difference between him at the wheel or me."

He eats the chips, their not terribly apparent purpose served.

"When he DOES wake up, though, I'm still like any other masked fae. I can wander around and do whatever I want. Which right now is attending this hilarious party and chatting with the best Best Person I've ever met."

McBish
2017-10-21, 06:52 PM
Chailyn and Khannie

Chailyn isn't very good at reading people, she has meet a lot of people who act just like Khannie is now. She frowns a bit at the limitation on her punching. If she is good at punching why stop her. "Well I mean you can punch bad people right?" She waves the thought away. "What about punching things? Could you punch the wall to distract them. Then I can sneak up and grab the loot." She smiles happy with her plan for a heist. She isn't sure what the loot is exactly but she figures it has to be something good.

Gullara
2017-10-22, 01:55 AM
A new arrival! Or rather, a whole crowd.

First, the children swarm in. Four young girls, around four years old. They're all (nearly) identical red skinned, frizzy haired balls of excitement. (https://i.imgur.com/3BwFVkY.png) They each have their own unique costumes too! A scientist, a superhero, a beast, and an alien. The scientist is dressed up in a little lab coat and protective goggles. For some reason she carries a sack over her shoulder. The superhero is dressed in white tights with purple accents, with a cape to complete the look. Some that are familiar with a particular line of Nexus comics might recognize her. The beast wears a very real pelt over her shoulders. Her face is obscured by a fearsome wooden mask that appears to be canine in shape. Lastly the alien has an elaborate mini flying saucer around her waist that blinks and flashes with a variety of coloured lights. Otherwise she's covered from head to toe in green spandex, aside from her face. A pair of bobbly antenna on her head complete the look.

There's an adult following the four girls (thankfully). It appears to be a tall, rather lanky woman. She has extremely pale skin and dark hair. Her bob hairdo and makeup were certainly meticulously prepared. Her costume is of a witch, though clearly leaning more toward 'cute' than 'scary'. Her navy blue dress hugs her slender figure until it poofs out quite prominently around her hips and legs. Her fairly tall boots leave only the barest bith of leg showing between them and the skirt. A tall, pointy hat sits on her head, with a yellow star just above its wide brim.

It only takes a moment for the kids to spot where all the candy is. They all rush forward at once, leaving their caretaker to scramble after them. "Girls, wait. Stay with me." She stands over them as they harvest the candy and casts her eyes about the room, searching. She clutches the broom she's carrying close to her body.

[Legend of Cookies]

"Cute kid," Sherrel comments after Natalie's gone, smiling, "I wonder how many we'll see down here tonight."

Really it's Sherrel's own fault when one of the kids breaks off from the pack and confronts them. "Rawr! I'm the bultungin!" The beast shouts! Although her bared teeth are invisible, the visage of her mask probably does a much better job of selling it.

Felandria
2017-10-22, 04:09 AM
You can't all yourself a sorceress without cryptic smiles. A well-know fact.

"I step on them," Fayyaad says, with brutal honesty. "And they catch on everything. Doors, people, furniture. I don't know if magic can help with that. My practised grace can only go so far."

Iknika grabs the card.

"Thanks! Uh... I live in Underside, but I think it's too small down there for you. But I hang out at GLoG a lot, too."

Well, there's like a 20% chance I'm a member of GLoG, I've only been there once, but I think I signed up, or maybe i just had a picnic, I can't remember.

I've been to Underside as well, briefly.

What do you do at GLoG?

Morty
2017-10-22, 12:27 PM
Well, there's like a 20% chance I'm a member of GLoG, I've only been there once, but I think I signed up, or maybe i just had a picnic, I can't remember.

I've been to Underside as well, briefly.

What do you do at GLoG?

"I just hang out there with my cousin. And her cousin. He's a little half-goblin half-wolfen kid. And I train there, because there's lots of open space," Iknika says. "They're pretty relaxed about who is invited in."

Meanwhile, the assorted kids might find themselves the object of attention of the wolf pack. The three little tieflings are approached by two young pups, followed closely by their father, an adult wolf. The young wolves keep some distance and sniff at the kids cautiously.

Deathkeeper
2017-10-22, 03:36 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

Sam jumps about eight inches into the air, straightening up with his plastic pitchfork.
"Foolish! uh...bultungnsin. None can defeat Ganon and claim Princess Zelda's triforce of cookies!" he proclaims, waving his pitchfork at her and the bag of butter cookies.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-22, 08:21 PM
Electra keeps things going with a song with a bit of driving melody (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiZEDvS0IUE), before slowing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZzwSAYRpq8) things down once more. While she's playing the slower song, another woman moves up to Fayyaad and Cassandra, glancing between the two of them and Electra, who has her back to the group and is playing with her eyes closed. The woman has long hair, which appears at first glance to be black, but actually has a deep blue sheen to it, the color of storm clouds, or perhaps deep, dark water. Her eyes are a muted red, though they seem to almost smolder if one looks into them too long. She's dressed (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dfziAOxHL.jpg) in a tight, black leather sleeveless top that exposes just a bit of her mid-riff, a pair of knee-length gi shorts tied just above each of her knees, with a long sort of leather-ish looking loincloth type piece over the top, which is longer and wider in back than in front, and black boots and gloves. The dead give away that she's something similar to Electra are the rounded domes where her ears should be, though the lenses in the centers are red instead of blue. She seems to have overheard Fayyaad and chuckles.

"You just need the right wind to push them into whatever place you need, that's all." She smiles at both of them in a friendly manner, and glances towards the stage for a moment, not watching Electra, but the robots playing the other instruments behind her for a moment, before looking back to both of them. "Do either of you know how long she's slated to play for?"

Felandria
2017-10-23, 02:03 AM
"I just hang out there with my cousin. And her cousin. He's a little half-goblin half-wolfen kid. And I train there, because there's lots of open space," Iknika says. "They're pretty relaxed about who is invited in."

Meanwhile, the assorted kids might find themselves the object of attention of the wolf pack. The three little tieflings are approached by two young pups, followed closely by their father, an adult wolf. The young wolves keep some distance and sniff at the kids cautiously.

Oh yeah, Tuskfang, right?

He's adorable.

I see him every year at Thanksmas.

Are they coming to this party?

Earl of Purple
2017-10-23, 03:13 PM
"Just jackdaw-people in the Clattering. Otherwise, it wouldn't make as much sense as a name." As a group of jackdaws is called a 'Clattering'. "And I'm never a human. I just look like one." She can't argue with the bird part, though. "But, I guess I know what you mean. I've met lots of bird-people in Inside, but none quite like me. Sirens and Aven and Harpies and such."

Then there's the explanation on sleeping. "How do you know you aren't awake right now, and you're just remembering being the dreamer?" She has no idea if that would work. It's all a little outside her experience, and she's guessing.

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-24, 12:49 AM
Cassandra gives a commiserating nod to Fayyaad, though raises her eyebrow at the newcomer. She doesn't yet offer a greeting or an answer to the second reploid, choosing for the moment to observe silently.

Morty
2017-10-24, 06:11 AM
Electra keeps things going with a song with a bit of driving melody (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiZEDvS0IUE), before slowing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZzwSAYRpq8) things down once more. While she's playing the slower song, another woman moves up to Fayyaad and Cassandra, glancing between the two of them and Electra, who has her back to the group and is playing with her eyes closed. The woman has long hair, which appears at first glance to be black, but actually has a deep blue sheen to it, the color of storm clouds, or perhaps deep, dark water. Her eyes are a muted red, though they seem to almost smolder if one looks into them too long. She's dressed (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dfziAOxHL.jpg) in a tight, black leather sleeveless top that exposes just a bit of her mid-riff, a pair of knee-length gi shorts tied just above each of her knees, with a long sort of leather-ish looking loincloth type piece over the top, which is longer and wider in back than in front, and black boots and gloves. The dead give away that she's something similar to Electra are the rounded domes where her ears should be, though the lenses in the centers are red instead of blue. She seems to have overheard Fayyaad and chuckles.

"You just need the right wind to push them into whatever place you need, that's all." She smiles at both of them in a friendly manner, and glances towards the stage for a moment, not watching Electra, but the robots playing the other instruments behind her for a moment, before looking back to both of them. "Do either of you know how long she's slated to play for?"

Cassandra gives a commiserating nod to Fayyaad, though raises her eyebrow at the newcomer. She doesn't yet offer a greeting or an answer to the second reploid, choosing for the moment to observe silently.

"Wind is not something I have control over, I'm afraid," Fayyaad says. "And I'm afraid I don't. I'm not sure if other musicians signed up for this. But she'll have to take a break eventually, I expect. And it seems you know her already."

Oh yeah, Tuskfang, right?

He's adorable.

I see him every year at Thanksmas.

Are they coming to this party?

"I think so. They rarely miss a Halloween party." Iknika looks around. "I think... I see him over there."

If Felandria looks, she'll see Reelshka and Tuskfang, accompanied by a gaggle of little goblins. The little wolf-goblin is dressed up as a hunter, it seems. He's got a green outfit, jolly hat with a feather in it and a toy bow. His mother opted for a simple sorceress' outfit, with a star-dotted dress and hat. She only ever dresses up to accompany her son, nieces and nephews, since she's not a fan of it herself.

Rebonack
2017-10-24, 11:49 AM
Khannie nods enthusiastically at that plan.

"Oh yeah, I can do that! Daddy never said I can't hit walls and stuff," she says, turning toward the nearby tunnel wall and angling herself juuuuust right to send rock-chips spraying everywhere. "Just tell me when!"

Hoo boy.

This is going to be trouble.

Lots of trouble.

Meanwhile!

"So... more like how a kelpie can look like a horse, but they absolutely are not a horse?" that guy offers. He isn't sure if Jack is familiar with kelpies. Or horses. But it seems like a pretty reasonable analogy. "Kelpies are pretty weird, all things considered. There aren't that many elfs that get all monster-y, but kelpies are totally one of them. Typically it's the goblins that get all monstery. Or the pooks that are just monstery all the time. Though, to be fair, I would probably fall into that category, too. The first one. Monstery elfs. Not to be confused with elves. Elves and elfs are pretty different in spite of phonetic similarity."

This is a very important distinction!

"Oh, hah, that's easy. Awake-me can't be this," the guy replies, unfurling one wing briefly (and again being careful not to hit anyone). "And when I... er, he's awake it feels different. That part is... really hard to put into words. The Dreamlands don't feel like the Waking World. Though..." he glances around. "To be frank, this place feels more like the Waking World than the Dreamlands. But there's still something... off? I must have passed through a threshold without realizing it to get here. That can happen. It's where all the 'monster' sightings back home come from. I'm pretty sure most people aren't aware that the Dreamlands are really a place?"

Earl of Purple
2017-10-24, 03:00 PM
"Yes, exactly. Or... Sort of. I'm better at hiding my nature than a kelpie pretending to be a horse." Since a kelpie has waterweed in its mane, and usually smells of fish. "Nor do I eat flesh, and if you tried fitting me with a bridle, I'd just get annoyed, not bound to your will." So Jack is pretty familiar with kelpies. If only because they're one of my favourite faerie critters. "I thought kelpies were a type of troll, not an elf. Not much difference between the two, in some of the Old Legends."

"I wasn't, before I met you. This is a place called Nexus, where all kinds of holes to many different realities and dimensions open up. I'm a native, but not everyone is." Nobody knows when the first shifter of the Clattering entered the Nexus, nor where from, so they consider themselves indigenous.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-24, 09:36 PM
The woman's smile widens, as she nods. Now that Fayyaad has had a chance to look at her, he might recognize her, though he met her only briefly during the ruins excursion where he met Zenon, and she was mostly there to act as transportation to the old man who had hired MERC. She seems a lot friendlier now, though.

"Oh, yes. Electra's an old friend of mine." She glances at Cassandra for a brief instant, then looks back to Fayyaad, and rubs her chin for a moment. "Have we met before? I'm sure I've seen you somewhere, but I apologize, I'm having a hard time placing it. My name is Kendra, by the way."

Rebonack
2017-10-25, 11:48 AM
"Yes, exactly. Or... Sort of. I'm better at hiding my nature than a kelpie pretending to be a horse." Since a kelpie has waterweed in its mane, and usually smells of fish. "Nor do I eat flesh, and if you tried fitting me with a bridle, I'd just get annoyed, not bound to your will." So Jack is pretty familiar with kelpies. If only because they're one of my favourite faerie critters. "I thought kelpies were a type of troll, not an elf. Not much difference between the two, in some of the Old Legends."

"I wasn't, before I met you. This is a place called Nexus, where all kinds of holes to many different realities and dimensions open up. I'm a native, but not everyone is." Nobody knows when the first shifter of the Clattering entered the Nexus, nor where from, so they consider themselves indigenous.

"Hah, well, I would hope not. Taking control of a not-jackdaw with a bridal wouldn't be very thematic, would it?" that guy laughs. "And honestly it's all arbitrary. If a fae can look human they get called an elf. If a fae can look sort of human, but deformed and ugly, they're a goblin. If they can't look human at all then you're dealing with a monster. Heh, or a 'cryptid' if we're talking a bit more modern. I guess a troll or ogre or whatever would just be a really big goblin?" He gives a shrug. "These are all names humans came up with to categorize things. The Dreamlands are full of all sorts of weird stuff that defies classification, but that won't stop humans from trying to fit everything into nice neat little boxes."

Humans really DO like classifying things.

Because humans are odd like that.

Morty
2017-10-25, 11:55 AM
The woman's smile widens, as she nods. Now that Fayyaad has had a chance to look at her, he might recognize her, though he met her only briefly during the ruins excursion where he met Zenon, and she was mostly there to act as transportation to the old man who had hired MERC. She seems a lot friendlier now, though.

"Oh, yes. Electra's an old friend of mine." She glances at Cassandra for a brief instant, then looks back to Fayyaad, and rubs her chin for a moment. "Have we met before? I'm sure I've seen you somewhere, but I apologize, I'm having a hard time placing it. My name is Kendra, by the way."

"I'm Fayyaad ibn Haashid al-Zafar," the tiefling introduces himself, with a little bow. "And we have met. You were accompanying a gentleman who had hired MERC for a job. I should have noticed the similarity when I first met Electra, perhaps."

Earl of Purple
2017-10-25, 04:48 PM
"Oh, right. You're cosmology is, or nearly, the Old Legends. The Old Legends feature a place called Faerie, or the Queen's Fields, where such things are from. There's a link to dreams, I think. Not a concrete one, though. I think it's easier to get there through dreams, but that's not necessarily required. I'm not sure. The Old Legends are, well, Old. And most were passed on to us from others, meaning there's a high potential for drift from what we were originally told." First because of the age, and secondly because of cultural differences leading to misunderstandings.

Meanwhile, some of the Crowd may run into Natalie, who is also plundering the sweeties table, though she's being sensible and not taking so much that she'd be sick. Natalie's a fourteen-year-old human girl with short black hair and bright green eyes, and she's wearing a pair of fake fairy wings and a green dress. Hovering around her are a pair of real faeries, of the flittering insect-winged young girl type.

Halae
2017-10-25, 07:02 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

Chailyn leads Khannie down the tunnels until she spots Sam and Sherrel. She pulls back around the corner and considers her next move. She looks Khannie up and down. "So what can you do? Any special powers or stuff? She asks curiously, suspecting her new friend has to have some cool talents. She has hears stories about the Nexus even if this is her first time visiting. She knows most people are more than what they appear, a lesson she learned in her homeland as well.

Really it's Sherrel's own fault when one of the kids breaks off from the pack and confronts them. "Rawr! I'm the bultungin!" The beast shouts! Although her bared teeth are invisible, the visage of her mask probably does a much better job of selling it.

[Legend of Cookies]

Sam jumps about eight inches into the air, straightening up with his plastic pitchfork.
"Foolish! uh...bultungnsin. None can defeat Ganon and claim Princess Zelda's triforce of cookies!" he proclaims, waving his pitchfork at her and the bag of butter cookies.[Legend of Cookies]

((Apologies for the delayed response))

Sherrel really wants to respond to the young girl in the beast mask. She really does. But she's trying her damndest not to giggle over the little girl being utterly adorable, and if she tries to say anything, her self control will waver and she'll let loose a high pitched giggle brought on by the cute. Children are such fun!

McBish
2017-10-25, 09:38 PM
Chailyn and Khannie Legends of Cookies

The beast may be here at the time Chailyn is planning her mischief. She tells Khannie to give her a three count and then hit it.

Then if the beast is here she will see along with Sam and Sherrel will see Chailyn skipping oddly towards them. The little girl looks like she is dressed I her Sunday best, a white dress and little bow in her hair. She moves her feet like she is playing hopscotch, or avoiding leaves on the ground. She hums a little melody a fey tune that should make it hard for people to pay attention to her. So once Khannie hits the wall, assuming I am right in how distracting that will be Chailyn should become practically invisible.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-25, 10:37 PM
Kendra smiles and offers a hand to shake when Fayyaad introduces himself.

"That's right, now I remember. You were the one who took the job Toji posted." She chuckles at the mention of her being similar to Electra. "I don't blame you for not noticing; our encounter was brief and I've been trying to keep a relatively low profile."

Electra seems to be finishing up her first set, as she pulls her last song into a soft, fading finish, and bows, before removing her guitar and placing it on its stand.

"We'll be taking a short break before the next set. In the meantime, please enjoy the party!" She announces to those in the vicinity of the stage. The robots continue to play, but they're playing a simple, loping tune that fades very quietly into the background, a simple drum, bass and keyboard routine that loops after about 10 bars. Electra herself starts making her way over towards Fayyaad, Kendra and Cassandra, her expression somewhere between surprise and worry.

Gullara
2017-10-25, 10:51 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

"Foolish! uh...bultungnsin. None can defeat Ganon and claim Princess Zelda's triforce of cookies!" he proclaims, waving his pitchfork at her and the bag of butter cookies.

[Legend of Cookies]

((Apologies for the delayed response))

Sherrel really wants to respond to the young girl in the beast mask. She really does. But she's trying her damndest not to giggle over the little girl being utterly adorable, and if she tries to say anything, her self control will waver and she'll let loose a high pitched giggle brought on by the cute. Children are such fun!

[Legend of Cookies]

The beast looks between the two adults. "Normally I eat people." She counters. "So you better let me eat cookies instead!" Oh my, a threat most dire. She holds out her hands expectantly. She's quite unaware that she's wandered into the middle of some kinda situation! She's sure to be caught up in it now.

The tieflings are approached! "Puppies!" The superhero goes to pet the wolves immediately, but her hand is caught! "Orlane." Oh no, adult supervision. "What did mommy say about new animals?"

Meanwhile, the scientist is putting that more to practice. She watches the wolves to see what they do. She holds out her hand to see if maybe they want to sniff.

The alien, finally, doesn't seem all that interested. In fact, she's wandering a bit away...

[COLOR="#800080"]Meanwhile, some of the Crowd may run into Natalie, who is also plundering the sweeties table, though she's being sensible and not taking so much that she'd be sick. Natalie's a fourteen-year-old human girl with short black hair and bright green eyes, and she's wearing a pair of fake fairy wings and a green dress. Hovering around her are a pair of real faeries, of the flittering insect-winged young girl type.

...and walks up to Natalie. "What are supposed to be?"

Deathkeeper
2017-10-25, 10:58 PM
[The Legend of Cookies]

Sam shakes his head. MENACINGLY.
"None may claim the spoils of dungeons while I, Ganon, doth stand upon my throne!" he declares, waving his pitchfork around.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-26, 11:14 AM
"I'm a fairy princess. And these are my Maids of Honour, Vineweft and Beetlechaser." Natalie grins at the little alien girl, and drops into an elegant curtsy. The two fairies accompanying her drop into similar poses, slightly clumsily, and don't land to do it. Vineweft is carrying a block of chocolate and Beetlechaser carries an orange-and-black candy cane that is taller than she is. "And what are you dressed as, Miss?"

Rebonack
2017-10-26, 11:32 AM
[Legend of Cookies]

Oh!

Oh, Khannie knows just the move she'll use, too! The last time she snuck out she found that fighting-type dojo and had challenge them to a battle! Oh, they sure thought they would be able to beat up a normal-type really really easy but she sure showed them! No one ever expects mega evolutions! Especially not one like hers, since her daddy is so special. But she was able to beat them! And they were really impressed and gave her a TM for winning! And that's what she's going to use now.

On the count of three, Khannie hauls back and smashes her fist into the wall, using the special brick-breaking technique she learned from the TM!

One tremendous crash later, bits of stone are flung about (certainly not fast enough to cause harm, thankfully) as a chunk of the wall is pulverized.

It doesn't even occur to Khannie she might get in trouble for this.

After all, her new best friend in the WHOLE world told her to do it and she wouldn't tell her to do something bad, would she?

Jack and That Guy

"That sounds about right," that guy replies with a nod. He stretches briefly and then he's back to the dovakin costume along with looking human. There's no transition to speak of, not is it really a transformation as such. More like one simply stops noticing all the wyvern traits altogether. "I think the Dreamlands might have been... I don't know... closer a long time ago? Closer to the Waking World back home, I mean. Stories of elfs and goblins and stuff used to be much more common. Now you get the occasional lake monster or bigfoot sighting or alien encounter or whatever, but they're increasingly uncommon. Actually physically moving back and forth is pretty tough. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've wandered out of the Dreamlands and it was totally on accident."

He gives a bit of a laugh.

"Heheh, though I'm pretty sure if I had wandered out back home and someone saw me, there would would be a real hubbub over it. We don't have all sorts of different sapient races back home, just humans. So anything that looks really weird would be picked up on in a hurry."

Morty
2017-10-26, 05:52 PM
[Legend of Cookies]

The wolves keep their distance when the little tieflings stop approaching, but one of the pups does pad over and sniff at the scientist's hand. He then sits down and peers at her with big eyes. They're certainly well-behaved.

Gullara
2017-10-26, 06:21 PM
"I'm a fairy princess. And these are my Maids of Honour, Vineweft and Beetlechaser." Natalie grins at the little alien girl, and drops into an elegant curtsy. The two fairies accompanying her drop into similar poses, slightly clumsily, and don't land to do it. Vineweft is carrying a block of chocolate and Beetlechaser carries an orange-and-black candy cane that is taller than she is. "And what are you dressed as, Miss?"

"I'm an alien. For outer space." The alien, Rosabel, thinks about that answer for a moment. "What kind of fairy are you?" She's pretty sure that's not enough info.

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-26, 07:53 PM
"My name is Cassandra, by the way."

Morty
2017-10-26, 08:00 PM
Kendra smiles and offers a hand to shake when Fayyaad introduces himself.

"That's right, now I remember. You were the one who took the job Toji posted." She chuckles at the mention of her being similar to Electra. "I don't blame you for not noticing; our encounter was brief and I've been trying to keep a relatively low profile."

Electra seems to be finishing up her first set, as she pulls her last song into a soft, fading finish, and bows, before removing her guitar and placing it on its stand.

"We'll be taking a short break before the next set. In the meantime, please enjoy the party!" She announces to those in the vicinity of the stage. The robots continue to play, but they're playing a simple, loping tune that fades very quietly into the background, a simple drum, bass and keyboard routine that loops after about 10 bars. Electra herself starts making her way over towards Fayyaad, Kendra and Cassandra, her expression somewhere between surprise and worry.

"My name is Cassandra, by the way."

"Cassandra's a MERC member as well... although I'm just a license-holder," Fayyaad clarifies. Kendra's snubbing of the sorceress suggests she's here for a purpose. "Hey Electra. Seems like an old acquaintance came calling."

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-26, 10:04 PM
Kendra looks to Cassandra and smiles, offering her hand as Electra makes her way over.

"Nice to meet you, Cassandra." She glances back at Fayyaad when he mentions he's only a license holder, then grins at the sorceress. "I guess that means you outrank him, eh?" She winks at Cassandra, then turns as Electra comes up.

"It would seem so, Fayyaad. Hello, Kendra, you're looking well." Electra looks between Fayyaad and Kendra, then to Cassandra. "Hey, Cassandra. I suppose a little background wouldn't hurt, since it seems Kendra's introduced herself. Kendra and I worked for the Maverick Hunters back home, and our squads often worked together during wartime. They provided air cover, while we tended more towards the force recon sorts of duties."

Kendra nods, chuckling. "Yes, indeed. Electra and her siblings often bailed our butts out when we ventured a little too far behind enemy lines, and we flew interference when they needed it. It worked well, and command liked how effective we were."

Electra nods once and gestures towards Cassandra. "Cassandra here is a sorceress, and I'm sure Fayyaad's probably already told you he's an adventurer for hire."

Kendra eyes the sorceress, and nods respectfully. "I see. An interesting business to be in around here, I'm sure. And yes, I'm well aware. Fayyaad and I seem to have met before, though it took him pointing it out for me to recognize him."

Gullara
2017-10-26, 11:36 PM
The wolves keep their distance when the little tieflings stop approaching, but one of the pups does pad over and sniff at the scientist's hand. He then sits down and peers at her with big eyes. They're certainly well-behaved.

She smiles. "Hi puppy. I'm Jaazha. What's your name?" She giggles and tries to pat the wolf on the head.

"But daddy, I want to play with the puppies." Orlane complains and pouts.

"Just walk up nicely. Don't run. Okay?"

Orlane bites her lip and then nods. Then she walks over to Jaazha and the wolf to pet him.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-27, 03:31 PM
Fairy & Alien

"A magic fairy princess. And I can prove it, too." Natalie smiles, and will reach over to Rosabel's ear, tugging it gently before pulling her hand back. Only, this time her hand is holding a chocolate coin, which certainly wasn't there before she pulled Rosabel's ear. "See? Magic." Natalie will hand over the foil-clad treat, too. It's only fair, since she's pretending she pulled it from Rosa's ear. Although... I don't know how Natalie's stage-magic works, and she isn't wearing long sleeves, deepening the mystery of where she really got it from.

Jack & The Guy

"Might be because of where you've wandered to. This place is a crossroads, I guess. The original realm, if there was such a thing, has been flooded by things that have fallen in, drifted off, or been deliberately pulled into it. And it doesn't always like letting go of anything that finds its way here." Because I favour the 'Nexus is a universe in its own right, where things unwanted elsewhere collect' theory of Nexus. "Here, something weird happens every five minutes. Especially in Inside, which is... Hmm. The oldest dimensional shard making up the Nexus, or the mystic heart of the Nexus, or an ever-changing city built across all the worlds that make up the Nexus, or the lowest part of the multiverse where everything eventually falls. Or all of those things at once. Depends on who you ask. I like the 'mystic heart' idea, personally." Jack herself eventually 'fell' to Inside, after she left the Clattering. She wanted to see it, but didn't know where to find it, but found it anyway.

Morty
2017-10-27, 04:11 PM
She smiles. "Hi puppy. I'm Jaazha. What's your name?" She giggles and tries to pat the wolf on the head.

"But daddy, I want to play with the puppies." Orlane complains and pouts.

"Just walk up nicely. Don't run. Okay?"

Orlane bites her lip and then nods. Then she walks over to Jaazha and the wolf to pet him.

The pup is patted on the head and prances in place a little. He's very excited to finally meet a two-leg pup. Orlane will be approached by the other pup, encouraged by the girls' coming forward. She sniffs at the tiefling eagerly. The larger wolf pads around the assembly, before approaching the girls' father. She seems to acknowledge him in a way.

Rebonack
2017-10-28, 12:25 PM
Strictly speaking, all interpretations of the Nexus are accurate. Though PCs are certainly free to disagree!

"That was sorta the impression I've been getting," that guy replies with a nod. "Or at least that's what the ranting hobo with a crown told me. No reason not to believe him."

Why would he believe...

You know what?

It doesn't matter much.

"This all has a very Unknown Kadath sort of feel to it. Only difference being, I actually found the city. Quite by accident, really," the guy continues. "Though there are far fewer weird squid-marmosets. Which I'm honestly pretty happy about. Zoogs are pretty bizarre."

That they are!

"Though if this place doesn't like letting people go, that might make waking up tricky..." he hums. "Or maybe not tricky. I might just be stuck here every time waking world me wakes up. Which... I guess isn't the worst thing?"

Gullara
2017-10-28, 04:08 PM
[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel's eyes widen and she takes the coin. She looks it over, as if trying to figure out what happened. "How'd you do that?" She cracks open the foil and nibbles on the chocolate inside. She looks at Natalie's hands, but she can't seem to find anything.

The pup is patted on the head and prances in place a little. He's very excited to finally meet a two-leg pup. Orlane will be approached by the other pup, encouraged by the girls' coming forward. She sniffs at the tiefling eagerly. The larger wolf pads around the assembly, before approaching the girls' father. She seems to acknowledge him in a way.

The two girls are very enthusiastic about the puppies. They will receive a lot of pats and stritches!

Val eyes the larger wolf a bit more warily. He's gotten a lot more used to animals being with Astrana, but he's not quite as at ease as the rest of his family is. "So do you want to be pet too, hm?"

Earl of Purple
2017-10-28, 05:11 PM
Fairy & Alien

"Fairy magic, of course. Unless you happen to keep chocolate coins in your ears?" One day, somebody will say that they do keep chocolate coins in their ears, and Natalie will be left feeling a little awkward as a result. "Would you like to see some more?" The two fairies accompanying Natalie would, and nod their heads eagerly... Though they're behind her, so she can't see them.

Hagdaw & Guy

"Unknown Kadath is, alas, unknown to me. Which... Might be the point?" Jack's not sure. It's hard to tell with anything with 'unknown' in its name. "Well, sleeping for me and the others usually seems to work normally, so I guess that waking up might not be a problem?" Or maybe the Guy's waking body is in a coma. "I'm sure there's Zoogs somewhere, though. There's most things if you look hard enough, I know that much."

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-28, 07:15 PM
"Cassandra's a MERC member as well... although I'm just a license-holder," Fayyaad clarifies. Kendra's snubbing of the sorceress suggests she's here for a purpose. "Hey Electra. Seems like an old acquaintance came calling."

Kendra looks to Cassandra and smiles, offering her hand as Electra makes her way over.

"Nice to meet you, Cassandra." She glances back at Fayyaad when he mentions he's only a license holder, then grins at the sorceress. "I guess that means you outrank him, eh?" She winks at Cassandra, then turns as Electra comes up.

"It would seem so, Fayyaad. Hello, Kendra, you're looking well." Electra looks between Fayyaad and Kendra, then to Cassandra. "Hey, Cassandra. I suppose a little background wouldn't hurt, since it seems Kendra's introduced herself. Kendra and I worked for the Maverick Hunters back home, and our squads often worked together during wartime. They provided air cover, while we tended more towards the force recon sorts of duties."

Kendra nods, chuckling. "Yes, indeed. Electra and her siblings often bailed our butts out when we ventured a little too far behind enemy lines, and we flew interference when they needed it. It worked well, and command liked how effective we were."

Electra nods once and gestures towards Cassandra. "Cassandra here is a sorceress, and I'm sure Fayyaad's probably already told you he's an adventurer for hire."

Kendra eyes the sorceress, and nods respectfully. "I see. An interesting business to be in around here, I'm sure. And yes, I'm well aware. Fayyaad and I seem to have met before, though it took him pointing it out for me to recognize him."

"I don't think it works that way," says Cassandra. "The bosses give orders, I don't."

Morty
2017-10-28, 07:23 PM
"Indeed. Dipsnig, Dena and Kirk. I've only met Dena, myself," Fayyaad confirms. "An old comrade in arms, then. Just paying a social call, or are you here for a purpose?" Despite Kendra's friendliness, Fayyaad isn't relaxed. She was involved in business that had a few unknowns too many.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-28, 11:01 PM
Kendra chuckles slightly, giving Cassandra an amused grin.

"I see. Well, that makes things simpler for you, then." Kendra looks to Fayyaad and gives a mischievous smile, which seems to put Electra on edge, as she stiffens ever so slightly, though her expression doesn't change. "Why not both? Though the business end of things is more precautionary than anything else. I'm not expecting trouble, and I did want to visit Electra tonight." Electra chuckles, relaxing. Obviously, there's some sort of history there.

"I appreciate the thought, Kendra, though I'm not sure how much visiting we're going to be able to do; I did volunteer to provide music, after all," Electra says in an amused manner. "Feel free to stick around, though, maybe after the party we can chat for awhile." She looks to Cassandra and Fayyaad. "I hope you're both enjoying the music so far. Any requests before I go back up?"

Ashen Lilies
2017-10-29, 06:15 PM
"As much as I've enjoyed it, I don't seem to have much of an ear for music," says Cassandra, shaking her head. Of course, that's not how it looked, earlier, and even as she says it a moment of brief confusion and uncertainty seems to pass across her face. "I'm sure what you were going to play anyway will be just as good."

Morty
2017-10-29, 06:23 PM
Kendra chuckles slightly, giving Cassandra an amused grin.

"I see. Well, that makes things simpler for you, then." Kendra looks to Fayyaad and gives a mischievous smile, which seems to put Electra on edge, as she stiffens ever so slightly, though her expression doesn't change. "Why not both? Though the business end of things is more precautionary than anything else. I'm not expecting trouble, and I did want to visit Electra tonight." Electra chuckles, relaxing. Obviously, there's some sort of history there.

"I appreciate the thought, Kendra, though I'm not sure how much visiting we're going to be able to do; I did volunteer to provide music, after all," Electra says in an amused manner. "Feel free to stick around, though, maybe after the party we can chat for awhile." She looks to Cassandra and Fayyaad. "I hope you're both enjoying the music so far. Any requests before I go back up?"

"As much as I've enjoyed it, I don't seem to have much of an ear for music," says Cassandra, shaking her head. Of course, that's not how it looked, earlier, and even as she says it a moment of brief confusion and uncertainty seems to pass across her face. "I'm sure what you were going to play anyway will be just as good."

"Something quiet and atmospheric, maybe," Fayyaad suggests, looking between Kendra and Electra. Those two have a history, and it seems Electra isn't very pleased to see Kendra. "But I've also loved it so far, so I'm sure whatever you pick will be great."

Gullara
2017-10-29, 09:52 PM
Fairy & Alien

"Fairy magic, of course. Unless you happen to keep chocolate coins in your ears?" One day, somebody will say that they do keep chocolate coins in their ears, and Natalie will be left feeling a little awkward as a result. "Would you like to see some more?" The two fairies accompanying Natalie would, and nod their heads eagerly... Though they're behind her, so she can't see them.

[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel laughs a little bit. "Okay, show me more." This is nothing like the magic mommy tells her about, so she's gotta figure out why it's different.

Felandria
2017-10-30, 03:32 AM
"Wind is not something I have control over, I'm afraid," Fayyaad says. "And I'm afraid I don't. I'm not sure if other musicians signed up for this. But she'll have to take a break eventually, I expect. And it seems you know her already."

"I think so. They rarely miss a Halloween party." Iknika looks around. "I think... I see him over there."

If Felandria looks, she'll see Reelshka and Tuskfang, accompanied by a gaggle of little goblins. The little wolf-goblin is dressed up as a hunter, it seems. He's got a green outfit, jolly hat with a feather in it and a toy bow. His mother opted for a simple sorceress' outfit, with a star-dotted dress and hat. She only ever dresses up to accompany her son, nieces and nephews, since she's not a fan of it herself.

Ohmigosh, he looks so cute!

With his little bow.......

So, have you looked into getting a horse, every good knight needs a fine steed.

Earl of Purple
2017-10-30, 03:16 PM
Alien Fairy

"There's nothing in this hand, top or bottom, yes?" Natalie proffers her hand and rotates it so Rosabel gets a good look. When she's said 'yes', Natalie grins and closes her hand into a fist, opening it to reveal a brightly coloured red-and-yellow striped bead. "Huh. Where'd that come from?" Natalie's more amused than confused, and the befuddlement is faked. The two real fairies are drifting closer, too. They want to watch the show as well, as this kind of sleight of hand is unknown to fairies with real (albeit quite minor) magic.

Gullara
2017-10-30, 11:14 PM
[Alien Fairy]

Rosabel's eyes go wide and she stares at the bead. "Can I see?" She holds out her hand to take the bead. Maybe it's the bead? A magic bead?

Morty
2017-10-31, 04:02 PM
Ohmigosh, he looks so cute!

With his little bow.......

So, have you looked into getting a horse, every good knight needs a fine steed.

"He saw that picture in a book and decided he wants to dress like that. His dad's a hunter." Iknika's ears twitch. She's not sure what to make of Pathfinder and the other Wolfen. Brinika's aunt has always been weird. "I've been thinking about a beetle. Goblins tame and ride those. But learning how is tricky."

Deathkeeper
2017-10-31, 06:19 PM
((I'll post for Sam in a bit if Hal doesn't get to it tonight))

Iknika might notice a certain spectacled blond having come, thinking that it's exactly the sort of place he might find her.

Also because she might have mentioned going to last year's party.

Isaac's wearing a bright red shirt with white lines on it with a cape, and has augmented his bangs with two extensions that stick up in a V. Certainly not hard to spot, given that he's mildly tall.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-10-31, 09:26 PM
Electra smiles gently, pleased that both Fayyaad and Cassandra have been enjoying the music, and nods at Fayyaad.

"I think I've an idea that you might like."

Kendra opens her mouth to make a comment, but is shushed quickly with one of Electra's fingers over her lips as she turns towards her old friend.

"I know what you want me to play, but it's not appropriate for a party with children." Kendra looks startled for a moment, before smiling at Electra, and giving a little chuckle, backing up a step.

"Actually, I was going to ask you to play something with a bit of a slower beat to it." She glances at Cassandra for a moment, then at Fayyaad, before looking back to Electra, who's got an eyebrow raised in curiosity. "Something folks can dance to. The Hounds, maybe?"

Electra seems to consider it for a moment, then nods.

"I suppose that can be arranged. I wasn't sure if I was going to sing tonight, but I suppose I don't have much choice now." She smiles once more, that smile of enjoyment. Fayyaad knows she likes to sing; the reluctance is an act on her part, a bit of teasing. "Well then, I should get started."

With that, she turns and heads back up, picking up her guitar and strapping it on. The bots finish their last loop of the fill music she'd been having them play while she was gone while she pulls a mic stand over from one side of the stage and sets it up, but doesn't say anything more. Rather, she closes her eyes, and begins to play softly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66z2GuD8V0M). The song could probably be played more aggressively, but she's taking a soft, slow, almost haunting approach to it, with no distortion or effects, and the band behind her does very little to fill, other than the drummer providing a few rhythm hits now and then, and the bassist chiming in with notes where a bit of bass helps round the song out. It's a rather long song, too, but she plays it with her eyes closed the entire time, bobbing her head in time, oblivious once more to everyone and everything, at least, for the time being.

Morty
2017-11-01, 11:00 AM
Fayyaad waves to Electra as she departs, then looks between Kendra and Cassandra. He'd like to know more about Electra and Kendra's past, but this isn't the time and place for that. Instead, he turns to Cassandra, bows and reaches out with his hand.

"May I have this dance, lady Cassandra?"

Felandria
2017-11-01, 12:49 PM
"He saw that picture in a book and decided he wants to dress like that. His dad's a hunter." Iknika's ears twitch. She's not sure what to make of Pathfinder and the other Wolfen. Brinika's aunt has always been weird. "I've been thinking about a beetle. Goblins tame and ride those. But learning how is tricky."

Makes sense, their shell is probably difficult to sit on.

But it does provide some excellent armor for itself, which is beneficial in battle.

Morty
2017-11-01, 01:08 PM
((I'll post for Sam in a bit if Hal doesn't get to it tonight))

Iknika might notice a certain spectacled blond having come, thinking that it's exactly the sort of place he might find her.

Also because she might have mentioned going to last year's party.

Isaac's wearing a bright red shirt with white lines on it with a cape, and has augmented his bangs with two extensions that stick up in a V. Certainly not hard to spot, given that he's mildly tall.

Makes sense, their shell is probably difficult to sit on.

But it does provide some excellent armor for itself, which is beneficial in battle.

"They make special saddles to keep beetle riders steady. But they're still bugs. And beetles trained for battle are pretty aggressive." Then Iknika spots Isaac, does a double-take and waves awkwardly.

Deathkeeper
2017-11-01, 03:31 PM
Isaac sees that Iknika is talking to someone, and will wait around for Iknika to stop by while he takes a few minutes to stuff himself full of candy, having not been cured by Civvy just yet of his magically-induced sweet tooth.

Earl of Purple
2017-11-01, 03:56 PM
Alien Fairy

"Sure you can. Here." Natalie will go to drop the bead into Rosabel's hand, only it seems the bead has disappeared... Much to Natalie's hand-maids' befuddlement. "Oh, um. Where'd it go? Oh, here it is!" Natalie then opens her mouth and seems to pull it free, though the bead is dry if Rosabel still wants to handle it.

Zefir
2017-11-02, 06:55 AM
Now another MERC member makes his appereance. He is obviously late, but that got a reason. He had to get one of those costums people wear during this event.
People might not recognize him first. instead of his raged clothes and jeans he got a very fine suit with cape. The inside of the cape is reed while most of the suit is black. even his hair is stlyed back and a fine cloth covers his mouth instead of the scarf he normaly wears. in addition to his costum he carries a stone offin on his back. Some might think the coffin is fake due to the way Fade carries it, but it is a real one.
He heads over to the sweets and grabs one, but sadly the package appears more complicated then he thoughts and brute force doesn't help right now.

Deathkeeper
2017-11-03, 12:02 AM
((Hal asked me to skip her))

The strike might not have its intended effect, as at the loud noise Sam immediately spins around, shielding Sherrel with his back with arms protectively over her shoulders and face.

Of course, he has nothing to worry about as the shards pelt his back harmlessly. But the bag of cookies on Sherrel's lap is now even more well-guarded, albeit accidentally.

Felandria
2017-11-04, 01:08 AM
"They make special saddles to keep beetle riders steady. But they're still bugs. And beetles trained for battle are pretty aggressive." Then Iknika spots Isaac, does a double-take and waves awkwardly.

Oh yes, I've seen them once or twice, they're pretty vicious.....

She notices the wave.

You should go ahead and say hi to your friend, I'll see you again later, maybe help with your training.

Morty
2017-11-04, 04:11 PM
"Okay, thanks. Bye!" Felandria may notice that Iknika's face gains a darker shade of grey as she scurries off. "Hi Isaac! I like your cape."

Deathkeeper
2017-11-04, 04:30 PM
Isaac, for his part, remains as it was, and not a whiter shade of pale.
"Hi Iknika! I thought I might find you here. Thanks. Of course, I'm not quite bulky as I should be, and if I bulked up I don't know what would happen to my hair." he says, giving her a meager flex and then fussing with his bangs.
He hopes she recognizes the costume but she might not have actually started those comics he recommended for her.

Morty
2017-11-04, 05:53 PM
Iknika tilts her head.

"I think I remember seeing it somewhere, but I don't think I've got to that comic just yet."

Deathkeeper
2017-11-04, 11:32 PM
Isaac isn't the kind of person to be stuck-up about differentiating comics from manga and thus will not even think about correcting her.
"Oh, that's ok. How've you been doing? Still want to see that movie?" he asks with a smile.

Felandria
2017-11-05, 12:31 AM
Meanwhile, Wonder Woman Fel will wander around the party, admiring the costumes and absentmindedly eating candy.

Ashen Lilies
2017-11-05, 01:39 AM
Fayyaad waves to Electra as she departs, then looks between Kendra and Cassandra. He'd like to know more about Electra and Kendra's past, but this isn't the time and place for that. Instead, he turns to Cassandra, bows and reaches out with his hand.

"May I have this dance, lady Cassandra?"

"I'm no lady," says Cassandra, taking Fayyaad's hand with a smirk on her face. "But I suppose I'll accept a dance."

She steps up to him, and as she does so, her attire shifts slightly, the menacing lich robes altering themselves into something more appropriate for dancing - the top part tightens, voluminous robes and ragged sleeves wrapping tight around her so that they're not flapping around in the way (the fact that it's also more flattering to her figure could probably be considered a happy side effect) and the skirt splitting to reveal trousers and becoming like a big swooshy train or a coattail.

Whatever dance Fayyaad chooses, Cassandra will take to it with confidence, though a problem will quickly become apparent - one that's probably obvious to Fayyaad, even if Cassandra wouldn't have noticed it by herself - they can't both lead.

Morty
2017-11-05, 11:05 AM
Isaac isn't the kind of person to be stuck-up about differentiating comics from manga and thus will not even think about correcting her.
"Oh, that's ok. How've you been doing? Still want to see that movie?" he asks with a smile.

"I just spoke to a half-goddess who offered to help me train, so that's a week's worth of weird and cool stuff," Iknika says. "A movie sounds great. And can you guess what I'm going as?" she asks, raising her "armour"-clad arms.

"I'm no lady," says Cassandra, taking Fayyaad's hand with a smirk on her face. "But I suppose I'll accept a dance."

She steps up to him, and as she does so, her attire shifts slightly, the menacing lich robes altering themselves into something more appropriate for dancing - the top part tightens, voluminous robes and ragged sleeves wrapping tight around her so that they're not flapping around in the way (the fact that it's also more flattering to her figure could probably be considered a happy side effect) and the skirt splitting to reveal trousers and becoming like a big swooshy train or a coattail.

Whatever dance Fayyaad chooses, Cassandra will take to it with confidence, though a problem will quickly become apparent - one that's probably obvious to Fayyaad, even if Cassandra wouldn't have noticed it by herself - they can't both lead.

Fayyaad is perplexed. He assumed Cassandra wouldn't know how to dance at all. She really doesn't seem the type. Maybe she's learned for whatever mission she's going on that also requires her hair to be white? He decides that the least awkward way out for now is to let her lead.

Deathkeeper
2017-11-05, 01:15 PM
Isaac smiles, but he’s never been a video game person. Can’t afford to have to have so many hobbies.
”I mean, you’re a knight. Or do you mean like, the specific order?” he asks her, brow furrowed.

Morty
2017-11-05, 02:46 PM
"They're called Templars. Their job is to protect mages and keep them out of trouble," Iknika says. "And they get really stylish armour. But I've also heard they drink some stuff to help them resist magic, and it messes with their heads. That part is less cool."

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-05, 08:08 PM
Kendra smiles as Fayyaad and Cassandra take to the floor, but stays off to the side. Although she herself doesn't dance anymore, that doesn't mean she can't help provide the amusement for others. Instead, she seems content to watch quietly with a nostalgic smile on her face.

Once Electra finishes the long, slow song with a flourish, she'll step up to the microphone, as the robots playing the bass and drums launch into a faster, swinging (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChtBpTjvTY) rhythm that's more suitable for a more energetic style of dancing. The keyboard player adds a bit of organ, and she'll strum at the outset, adding more and more guitar as the song calls for it, playing as she starts to sing softly, building as the song does.

o/~"Tonight the streets are red, the lights are blue and blindin'. No sign of the 'Good Doctor', but the siren's wail and whinin', tell us he'll be found!"o/~ Synthesized brass plays a crescendo accent, and while it doesn't sound quite as good as live players would, it's still more than adequate. Her mezzo-soprano lowers in intensity for the next line as she gives an impish grin and looks out amongst those close enough to be dancing or listening. o/~"I can almost hear the hounds."o/~

She strums with a flourish, before going on. o/~What kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl? No, he did not use his hands, like a smart man, he used a tool. But just the same!"o/~ The brass plays again, but Electra's intensity doesn't ebb this time. o/~Can you question who's to blame?!"o/~ And from seemingly nowhere, numerous voices seem to rise up from everywhere in front of the stage, all shouting in unison, "WHAT WAS HER NAME?!" Those looking in Kendra's direction might note her mouthing those words as well, though her voice seems conspicuously absent. Electra carries on with the song, though a brief flash of puzzlement is evident on her face, though not in her voice. o/~"It doesn't matter, now listen! The 'Good Doctor' has to pay!"o/~

The confusion passes quickly enough, and her singing lowers in intensity before ramping up once more. o/~"When I say he was a monster, when I set fire to his name, it doesn't matter where you hear it from, whether truth or lies, it gets said all the same."o/~ Another flourish of horns, and then, o/~"Whatever's on the table plays!"o/~

She launches into a raucous solo, accentuated by the horns until its crescendo, which quiets the entire band for a brief instant, before the bass picks up the beat once more and she strums along to it, her singing quiet and low and seductive. o/~"There is a flame that I've been fanning, there is a fire waiting to catch, there is a hell that has been building from the moment we first met. If there ever was a time, if there ever was a chance, to undo the things I've done and wash these bloodstains from my hands,"o/~ She begins building in intensity, along with the music. o/~"It has passed and been forgotten, these are the paths that we must take, 'cause you and I, Tom, we are men, and we can break."o/~ The music, and her singing, grow in intensity, building quickly. o/~"If you think that you can run, if you think that you can stand, well you forget who turned this city on, you forget who plugged this city in!"o/~ Yet another flourish of horns. o/~"They'll not switch it off again!"o/~ More horns. o/~"One by one, they're tuning in!"o/~ The horns now stay in the music, until the end of the song, which Electra finishes with a massive energetic solo that captures perfectly the mental image of a villain gloating in victory over an adversary.

When the last note rings out, she grins, before launching right into a spritely (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6M83VHncEk) instrumental jazz/rock fusion song that invites yet another form of dancing. Perhaps she'll sing a bit more later, though her selection for this particular venue might be a bit limited by the children present.

Zefir
2017-11-06, 04:17 AM
Fade moves over to Kendra. He still got the packed candy in his hand trying his best to open it without using to much force.

"Are you enyoing the event?" he asks. His voice is normaly soundless, but that sounded a bit forced. He still got an issue starting a conversation.

Deathkeeper
2017-11-06, 01:16 PM
Isaac leans forward with a knowing smile.
"So is that's what's going on here? You're here to protect me? I should warn you, keeping me out of trouble is going to be quite a task." he tells her.

Morty
2017-11-06, 06:43 PM
"I figured as much, yes," Iknika says, leaning in a little. "But I'm sure an accident-prone mage could use the protection of a brave knight."

Deathkeeper
2017-11-06, 07:10 PM
"Maaaaybe. We could hang out here for a bit, and then you could protect me all the way to the theater." proposes Isaac, snaking an arm around her shoulder. At the perfect height in fact, if Iknika wanted to make the first move for a kiss or something of similar forthright nature.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-06, 09:45 PM
Kendra looks over at Fade and nods, smiling gently.

"Yes, it's very nice," she says, glancing at the candy in his hand. "I haven't heard Electra play in a long time, so it's nice to be able to hear it again. How about you?"

Zefir
2017-11-07, 03:53 AM
Fade is still busy trying to find a way to open it. It's a typical plastik package, One of those you need to grab at the right point to open it.

"I'm not really into this ... play.... . I'm also confused why this should scare away spirits and not attract them."

Morty
2017-11-07, 04:41 PM
"Maaaaybe. We could hang out here for a bit, and then you could protect me all the way to the theater." proposes Isaac, snaking an arm around her shoulder. At the perfect height in fact, if Iknika wanted to make the first move for a kiss or something of similar forthright nature.

Iknika leans in slightly, opening her mouth... then she blushes a deep shade of grey and pulls away.

"So, um. There's candy, and wolves and some riddles in the tunnels. But I think those are for kids."

As if on cue, a young wolf wanders by.

Gullara
2017-11-07, 06:17 PM
Alien Fairy

"Sure you can. Here." Natalie will go to drop the bead into Rosabel's hand, only it seems the bead has disappeared... Much to Natalie's hand-maids' befuddlement. "Oh, um. Where'd it go? Oh, here it is!" Natalie then opens her mouth and seems to pull it free, though the bead is dry if Rosabel still wants to handle it.

[Alien Fairy]

"What?" Rosabel reaches for the bead and snatches it. She inspects it closely and then peers up at Natalie. "Did a spirit do it?" She asks.

Deathkeeper
2017-11-07, 06:19 PM
"Yeah, I've been enjoying the candy. You said your people raise wolves, right?" Isaac says, whistling to the lupine pup. Surely Iknika knows how to handle her.

Morty
2017-11-07, 07:24 PM
"Yeah, but they're not as, uh... friendly," she says. When she was there with Claire, the wolves were in a pen. Those wander around like puppy-dogs. The wolf trots up to the two teens, sniffing eagerly. Iknika smells like his great-grandpa, but Isaac is weird. So he walks up to him and examines his knees closely. Iknika grins toothily. "Awww, he likes you."

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-07, 09:14 PM
"I don't think the point was to scare spirits away, at least, I'm pretty sure it isn't anymore," Kendra comments thoughtfully, though she leaves the comment about him not enjoying the music alone. Can't please everyone, after all. Instead she offers a gentle smile and nods at the treat he's struggling to open, then asks, "Would you like some help with that?"

Zefir
2017-11-08, 04:59 AM
Fade thinks for a moment and then holds the candy to her.
"Sure. I don't think I can open it without breaking the thing inside."
He will then go on.
"In some cultures I have been over my life most did, but you are right the nexus doesn't seem to need that. Not only can anything end up here, there are also people fighting against it."

McBish
2017-11-08, 11:06 AM
[Legend of Cookies]

Chailyn stops her dance in surprise. That was way better then she thought it would be. She picked the best new friend. She gives a delighted squeal and clap before remembering her charm to hide isn't working. She starts to move her feet in the magical way that makes people ignore her. So she might be able to get to the cookies. It might be too late if they already noticed her after the distraction.

Deathkeeper
2017-11-08, 07:19 PM
Oh no, a big furry thing!
Isaac smiles with a nervous chuckle, and bends down to pet the cub.
”Hey uh, buddy. What’s going on?” he asks it.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-08, 10:02 PM
Kendra takes the candy Fade offers, and in one quick motion, manages to pop it open without damaging the treat inside. She hands it back to him, still smiling that same gentle smile.

"Well, anything bad, anyways. I doubt there are a lot of folks fighting good spirits, or wanting to keep them away."

Zefir
2017-11-09, 04:43 AM
Fade takes the Candy with a nod. He takes the sweet between his scarf and takes a bit from it. His expression shows that this thing is much to sweet for him.

"Maybe." Fade comments. "This food is to sweet. How can small ones eat this like drinking water."

Morty
2017-11-09, 01:50 PM
Oh no, a big furry thing!
Isaac smiles with a nervous chuckle, and bends down to pet the cub.
”Hey uh, buddy. What’s going on?” he asks it.

The pup prances in place and grins up at Isaac.

"They're really tame here. Back home they don't let anyone near the wolves, except their riders and handlers."

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-09, 04:34 PM
Kendra chuckles, a motherly smile on her face.

"They're children, they run on sugar. Any excuse to inhale sweets is a rare opportunity, so they take fullest advantage of it."

Meanwhile, Electra ends her previous song, and begins another, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHhe8begOQk) this one sounding more like a pop/disco/rock fusion with a driving bass line, which might lend itself to yet a different sort of dancing.

Zefir
2017-11-10, 06:39 PM
Fad stares at Kendra.

"They run on that stuff?" he asks his voice still missing any speacial spelling. "Then I guess those guys in trucks are just some kind of mobile supply , since they give them candy for free."

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-10, 09:58 PM
Kendra raises an eyebrow for a moment, then shakes her head sadly.

"Those guys are generally bad guys. There's a reason we tend to teach kids to stay away from them, and it isn't the resulting sugar high for the kids, you know." Either Fade's trying to make a joke and she somehow missed it, or they really don't have that problem (or apparently, any sort of childhood) wherever Fade's from. She's not sure which thought bothers her more.

Deathkeeper
2017-11-11, 03:32 PM
Isaac tries to gently stroke the pup's head, though really Isaac's healing factor really should keep him from being so nervous.
"I wonder what they do to keep them like this. Maybe it's just the young ones that are personable?" Isaac suggests.

Earl of Purple
2017-11-11, 05:07 PM
Alien & Fairy

"A spirit? Well, that's an interesting idea. But I'm a fairy princess, so I think it's my native fairy princess magic playing up." Natalie nods, though she knows exactly how she does it, and it's not really magical. Or so she tells me. I'm not sure, since she performs sleight of hand with nothing up her sleeves, or more often, no sleeves at all. Her real conjuration is literally flashier, but she's prouder of her sleight of hand.

Morty
2017-11-11, 05:25 PM
"I've heard they've got a... druid, I think they call it," Iknika says, as the pup is content with being petted. "She can train animals to be much better around people. I've heard that hobgoblins are even better at training wolves than goblins are. And they use much bigger wolves, since they're bigger too. Or boars, or big cats, or lizards."

Zefir
2017-11-11, 06:13 PM
Kendra raises an eyebrow for a moment, then shakes her head sadly.

"Those guys are generally bad guys. There's a reason we tend to teach kids to stay away from them, and it isn't the resulting sugar high for the kids, you know." Either Fade's trying to make a joke and she somehow missed it, or they really don't have that problem (or apparently, any sort of childhood) wherever Fade's from. She's not sure which thought bothers her more.

She either got to ask or continue to guess it.^^

"Intressting. So they use their need of sugar." he replies. "What happens if they run out of it?"

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-11, 09:23 PM
Kendra shrugs after a moment.

"Eh, nothing bad, just that they tend to be grumpier and less willing to behave. It's a fine line, sometimes."

Gullara
2017-11-12, 01:32 AM
[Alien & Fairy]

"Ooooh." Rosabel understands perfectly now. It makes a lot of sense. "You're a spirit."

Earl of Purple
2017-11-12, 04:09 PM
Alien & Fairy

"I'm a fairy. I suppose we might count as a type of spirit, but fairies are totally their own thing, too. Spirits aren't usually so physical." Though Natalie's going by the rationale of her magic system, and that is not the same as the rationale behind other magic systems I run, let alone those provided by other players.

Zefir
2017-11-13, 05:32 AM
Kendra shrugs after a moment.

"Eh, nothing bad, just that they tend to be grumpier and less willing to behave. It's a fine line, sometimes."

Fade got confused now.
"So they don't run 100% on that stuff? That is weird. I guess I have more to learn about their kind."
After a break he asks.
"May I ask why are you here? Do you accompany one of thos small once?"
And i migth have missed it, but does she wear a costum?

Gullara
2017-11-13, 08:43 PM
[Alien & Fairy]

Rosabel looks very confused. Something's just not lining up. "Can you do more magic?"

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-13, 10:23 PM
Kendra is indeed wearing a costume, dressed as Tifa (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dfziAOxHL.jpg) from Final Fanasy VII Advent Children. She chuckles again at Fade's question.

"No, I'm here on a mix of business and pleasure. The business is making sure the party isn't crashed by someone nasty I've been hunting. The pleasure is that Electra is one of my old friends, and I wanted to take the opportunity to visit with her for awhile. I didn't realize she was supposed to provide the music."

Speaking of Electra, she's decided to keep the whimsical bit she's got going on going with a silly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOHV4UQNaTM) tune that turns heavy after a moment. It's a relatively short piece, and she follows it with another somewhat whimsical (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64cvrwzrmhU) tune that goes on a bit longer. Perhaps she'll get back to the more morose music in a bit, after she's gotten this stuff out of her system, but hey, there are kids present, and not all of them want to be depressed, right?

Zefir
2017-11-14, 03:44 AM
"Don't worry about the business part." Fade says in his typical voice. "I and other members are around if any trouble appears."

Sadly the music is wasted on Fade. He lacks the emotions to enjoy the music or understand what kind of feeling they want to create.

Earl of Purple
2017-11-14, 04:18 PM
Fairy & Alien

"I have some bits and pieces, yes. More of the same, really, nothing too spectacular. Summoning creatures, teleporting objects, creating miniature portals that emit light. Everything so far can be duplicated by stage magicians, ones with no real magic." Because so far, none of it has been real magic. You can tell with Natalie, because she is the only character of mine who still generates an Individual Magical Effect, because that concept really interested me back when I first found Goblins.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-14, 10:33 PM
Kendra looks sharply at Fade, an assessing sort of look, and frowns.

"I'd rather you didn't get involved with this enemy, if it's all the same to you. He's not a normal threat."

Gullara
2017-11-15, 10:50 PM
[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel's eyebrows furrow again. "What do you mean no magic? I saw you do magic!" She points at Natalie's hand.

Earl of Purple
2017-11-17, 05:11 PM
Fairy & Alien

"You did see me do magic, yes. But there's some very clever people out there with quick fingers, and they can hide the bead in their sleeves, taking it out when you're distracted, and make it look like magic. But I'm not wearing sleeves, am I? It's real magic what I'm doing." Natalie's not sure if she wants to confess that she's just an apprentice conjurer in a fairy costume or not. She might have to, and explain the differences between her magic and whatever Rosabel's familiar with. Which would be tricky if she doesn't know what Rosabel is familiar with.

Zefir
2017-11-17, 06:39 PM
Kendra looks sharply at Fade, an assessing sort of look, and frowns.

"I'd rather you didn't get involved with this enemy, if it's all the same to you. He's not a normal threat."

"Be sure I can handle a fight" Fade says. He sure might look like a normal person, but he still carries a stone cffin around like nothing.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-17, 08:55 PM
Kendra sighs and shakes her head.

"Well, it's your life, but then again, I'm more here as a precaution than anything else. I don't expect him to show up tonight."

Zefir
2017-11-18, 01:28 PM
Fade looks at her, Someone might say he is annoyed, but he doesn't look different.

"I'm not sure how I shoult take that. You think he is so strong none can take him or do you think I am so weak I can't stand anything?"

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-18, 05:10 PM
"He's that strong." Kendra returns the annoyed look, but there's sadness and more than a little anger in her eyes, too. "He -eats- things. Nearly anything you can think of, including souls, and, if our intelligence is correct, possibly even deities and entire dimensions, though we're not sure. And when he eats something, it gets converted to energy that he can use to defend and attack with. Even I can't really injure him, not permanently, anyways, but I can at least draw him or drive him away if he shows up. Do you really want to go up against something that terrible, that can snap you up like a dog with a bone without a second thought?"

Gullara
2017-11-19, 08:36 PM
Fairy & Alien

"You did see me do magic, yes. But there's some very clever people out there with quick fingers, and they can hide the bead in their sleeves, taking it out when you're distracted, and make it look like magic. But I'm not wearing sleeves, am I? It's real magic what I'm doing." Natalie's not sure if she wants to confess that she's just an apprentice conjurer in a fairy costume or not. She might have to, and explain the differences between her magic and whatever Rosabel's familiar with. Which would be tricky if she doesn't know what Rosabel is familiar with.

[Fairy & Alien]

"Can you do other magic then?" Rosabel looks at her hand, and then closes it around the bead. "Like take the bead outta my hand?"

Zefir
2017-11-20, 05:26 AM
"He's that strong." Kendra returns the annoyed look, but there's sadness and more than a little anger in her eyes, too. "He -eats- things. Nearly anything you can think of, including souls, and, if our intelligence is correct, possibly even deities and entire dimensions, though we're not sure. And when he eats something, it gets converted to energy that he can use to defend and attack with. Even I can't really injure him, not permanently, anyways, but I can at least draw him or drive him away if he shows up. Do you really want to go up against something that terrible, that can snap you up like a dog with a bone without a second thought?"

Fade doesn't show any kind of fear or such. Sometimes it's good to have no emotions, but fear is also one.

"I wouldn't seek for a fight, but I have fought worst. I fougth something that can extinguish all living beeings in his sight without exceptions. You may guess I didn't loose, since I am here."

Earl of Purple
2017-11-20, 04:10 PM
Fairy & Alien

"Ooh, now that's tricky. I can do it, though." Natalie shows her hands, open and empty, before closing her left hand into a fist and blowing on it. Several red symbols appear in the air around her- card suit symbols, clubs, spades, diamonds and hearts- and float around her head as she attempts to teleport the bead using her flashier conjuration magic into her hand, and then opening it, to show the bead- if it's successfully teleported. It should work, but MERC may have blocked some forms of magical transportation for security reasons, or Rosabel could be magically impervious or some other thing could interfere. If it isn't, Natalie's confused.

Gullara
2017-11-20, 11:12 PM
[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel looks at the bead, freshly produced, and then opens her hand. She gasps! "You gotta be a spirit!" She insists. That's just how these things work!

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-20, 11:25 PM
Kendra raises an eyebrow, and shakes her head.

"I can think of a number of ways to attack such a being, starting with sending things that aren't alive in the first place after it. I'm not trying to slight you, I just want you to understand that this is a powerful enemy, and honestly, I'd hate for him to manage to get anyone here."

Zefir
2017-11-21, 04:29 AM
Fade shrugs.

"Where I met this thing, there wasn't anything not alive to throw at it or even hide from it, but I guess your not comfortable with this theme. So let's drop it." Fade says.
"Up to know I asked you many things. Do you have something to ask me?"

Earl of Purple
2017-11-21, 05:24 PM
Fairy & Alien

"I'm not a spirit. I'm not a fairy either. I'm just dressed like one for the party, like you're dressed as an alien. You aren't really an alien, are you?" Upon giving an answer, either affirming or denying extraterrestriality, Natalie smiles and continues. "I'm a conjurer. A type of wizard whose magic lies in moving things from one place to another. That's where my fairy handmaids come from. They really are spirits, I think. Or possibly reflections of spirits. The theory behind summoning creatures is a little fuzzy. I draw my magic from leylines, but I guess somebody you know uses spirits to power their spells. I wouldn't know how that works." Magic on Natalie's homeworld is confusing, and whilst it's studied as much as science is in ours, it makes less sense due to the different types of magic outright contradicting each other.

Nova_Eclipse
2017-11-22, 08:27 PM
Kendra shrugs, eyeing Fade once more.

"Were you born here in the Nexus, or did you come from elsewhere?"

Zefir
2017-11-23, 05:30 AM
"I lived my live mostly in another world. One without light." he says.
"I can't tell you where I was 'born'. My first memory was walking into the shadow world.

Ashen Lilies
2017-11-23, 07:45 AM
"I just spoke to a half-goddess who offered to help me train, so that's a week's worth of weird and cool stuff," Iknika says. "A movie sounds great. And can you guess what I'm going as?" she asks, raising her "armour"-clad arms.

Fayyaad is perplexed. He assumed Cassandra wouldn't know how to dance at all. She really doesn't seem the type. Maybe she's learned for whatever mission she's going on that also requires her hair to be white? He decides that the least awkward way out for now is to let her lead.

Cassandra fails to notice any form of puzzlement. She's lost in the dancing for the moment, a somewhat vague expression on her face, as if she's trying to remember some kind of dream.

Morty
2017-11-23, 09:35 AM
"You dance very well, lady Cassandra," Fayyaad says, adopting a tongue-in-cheek formal manner. "Where did you learn to do it?"

Gullara
2017-11-23, 10:22 PM
Fairy & Alien

"I'm not a spirit. I'm not a fairy either. I'm just dressed like one for the party, like you're dressed as an alien. You aren't really an alien, are you?" Upon giving an answer, either affirming or denying extraterrestriality, Natalie smiles and continues. "I'm a conjurer. A type of wizard whose magic lies in moving things from one place to another. That's where my fairy handmaids come from. They really are spirits, I think. Or possibly reflections of spirits. The theory behind summoning creatures is a little fuzzy. I draw my magic from leylines, but I guess somebody you know uses spirits to power their spells. I wouldn't know how that works." Magic on Natalie's homeworld is confusing, and whilst it's studied as much as science is in ours, it makes less sense due to the different types of magic outright contradicting each other.

[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel frowns as she parses through that info. "Do you do rituals? Like with circles and dancing?" She's still trying to fit this all within her worldview.

Earl of Purple
2017-11-24, 07:10 PM
Fairy & Alien

"No, not really. There's some I could do, but they're a lot of bother, come with a price, and mostly they don't help in day to day stuff. But I could, if I really wanted to answer three questions and age a year." Unless the questions are unanswerable, in which case the price doesn't need paying. Other rituals do other things, and the price is different for each one, too.

Gullara
2017-11-30, 10:06 PM
[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel crosses her arms and purses her lips. "I don't get it." Yes, this is starting to get frustrating. "How do you do magic with no ritual?"

Earl of Purple
2017-12-01, 01:03 PM
Fairy & Alien

"All magic needs is a source of power and the knowledge to manipulate it. Sometimes that's rituals and dancing, sometimes it's chanting and waving, and in my case it's opening doors in my head and throwing my mind out like a net." Which probably doesn't answer many questions.

Gullara
2017-12-03, 05:12 PM
[Fairy & Alien]

It's not very relatable for the girl, no. "I need to talk to my mommy about this." She decides. If anyone could help her understand, it's mommy. She looks backward... But mommy isn't here, and daddy won't be able to help.

Earl of Purple
2017-12-03, 05:37 PM
Fairy & Alien

"Go ahead. I don't know what your mother has told you of magic, but mine works differently. I think everyone's does, really. Would explain a lot." Like the anti-teleportation ward around GLoG; she has no idea how that works, because it's impossible to do it with her magic. Though what she can do with her conjuration is create an enchantment that conjures creatures whenever somebody else conjures some, though that requires quite a lot of energy, time and skill- and Natalie lacks two of those, as well as a suitable area to place said enchantment.

Gullara
2017-12-04, 10:25 PM
[Fairy & Alien]

"I'm gonna go find her." Rosabel decides. "Bye!" She runs off with many questions in her mind to pester her mom with.

((I think we can call that there. :smalltongue:))