PDA

View Full Version : Literally building zombies in 3.5

bobbtimus
2017-10-03, 07:50 PM
Hey GITP folk, since you all greatly helped with my ability to survive a truly intense 3.5 campaign with my favorite Catfolk Dread Necro I wanted to ask some ideas from you. My DM has allowed me to literally corpse craft. I can take parts and make zombies now, I have to mod the zombies prior to animating them per my DM but I can make basically anything. From dissecting various creatures and weird stuff I have come across (yay healing crosstraining) I have learned how to double the muscle in a creature for example. I need advise on parts for a certain zombie I am excited to make, a Street Shark. I can literally put together anything I would need to make this guy for the most part. Assume parts are relatively easy to find and please offer up your advise.

Also if you have any other cool zombie creatures I can build please tell me and offer up a shopping list of parts. In theory these builds should be able to do some of the basic things their counterparts can. Like the Street Shark's "shark dive" and "swimming" underground.

ATHATH
2017-10-03, 09:35 PM
Take a look at some grafts (and symbionts) for inspiration.

Venger
2017-10-03, 11:38 PM
please explain the rules of your homebrew and we'll give you something within those parameters

Fouredged Sword
2017-10-04, 10:56 AM
Get one of each metalic dragon. Stich one of each head onto the gold body. Make a zombie dragon tiamat but with metal dragon parts to have access to 10 different breath weapons.

ShurikVch
2017-10-07, 01:26 PM
Dragon #359 have skill Craft (body modifications)

Also, Dragon #312 have some [necromantic] feats, which are work not during the animation, but with the dead bodies (thus, you can use Chameleon's "floating feat" to get multiple effects, or just pay to hireling necromancers to do it).
Feats: Heightened Agility (+4 Dex), Heightened Strength (+4 Str), Uncanny Speed (+2 initiative and +10' speed), and Vicious Claws (+1 slashing or pircing/slashing damage) - are all required Heal check to apply

Berenger
2017-10-08, 04:32 AM
I need advise on parts for a certain zombie I am excited to make, a Street Shark. I can literally put together anything I would need to make this guy for the most part. [...] Like the Street Shark's "shark dive" and "swimming" underground.

Bulette? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bulette.htm) My answer isn't awesome enough without more words.

Nifft
2017-10-08, 11:44 AM
Get one of each metalic dragon. Stich one of each head onto the gold body.

"... thus, since I managed to power the whole amalgamation with elemental lightning, I call it Voltron."

Quarian Rex
2017-10-10, 01:31 PM
Necrocraft (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/necrocraft/) perhaps?

It is Pathfinder but you can adapt it easily enough.

atemu1234
2017-10-10, 11:16 PM
If you want to 'build' tiamat, I'd recommend running a Multiheaded-templated undead past your DM. Start with a Dragon of one type, then add the heads, and apply the Breath Weapon graft from Draconomicon.