PDA

View Full Version : [Starfinder] Base Class: Executive

Giegue
2017-10-04, 12:46 AM
https://thoughtraid.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/joker-game.png?w=825

"Remember the golden rule: the one with the all the credits makes the rules."- Yuki Asuka, Kitsune Executive from Yuki Holdings.

In the far future, there is no power greater than the megacorps. While space empires fight for scraps of influence like hungry wolves, the megacorps grow rich from their conflicts, pulling the strings of all sides like a skilled puppeteer. It is no surprise, then, that the megacorps traffic in the magical as well as the technological. Despite this, while Wizards and Technomancers are easy to employ, divine spellcasters are often a hard to obtain asset for these megalithic companies. Due to their loyalties to higher powers and personal beliefs, Clerics and Mystics are often unwilling to work for companies that don't share their moral views, putting them at odds with the largely amoral and pragmatic megacorps. As a result, those megacorps have turned away from hiring out divine spellcasters and instead create their own, constructing powerful magical computer systems that can grant divine magic to the most influential, effective, and privileged individuals in their ranks.

Through their vast wealth and resources, these companies have reduced phenomenal cosmic power to being little more than a perk for fat cat executives, their spoiled children and any other employees that prove useful. They say that she who controls the credits controls the universe, and the Executive is the ultimate manifestation of that statement. Their privileged status affords them access to divine magic that they can wield through sheer force of personality, letting them use their rank, influence and wealth to literally control reality.

Executive Class Document (https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Iae7ZKeYajnrMOJpACbVu5yXnUthuOPW68e18cfzTE/edit?usp=sharing)

This class, while largely complete, is still an unfinished product. As it stands now, it is currently being playtested in a game that occurs every other sunday with a group of friends. Thus, as it stands, some abilities may be too overpowered or too weak...and once the playtest game gets more than 1 session under it's belt these unbalanced features should get balanced. That being said, this class is also desgined to work with the Starfarer's Companion by Rogue Genius Games, and thus utilizes many spells that where introduced in that book. Additionally, like the Cleric and Wizard from that book, it is a prepared caster, and thus it's balance level is meant to be around the same as those classes.

Also, note that this is entirely for my own campaign setting...so if you don't like the idea of corporations using magitech to make their own clerics, I totally understand. Just something I needed for my own world, so I decided to make it myself!

Either way, while this is being playtested currently, any suggestions/comments/feeback is still more than welcome!

khadgar567
2017-10-04, 02:20 AM
Is this class meant to recreate cleric but with divine is money as main theme or what please explain
nope dont say it its cleric of money works in mega corp so is this guy or gal comands teams of experts or channel the power of money to archive their whims. please decide one if comander of experts then get rid of channel energy and give more focus on supporting their experts as main focus. No its cleric of money in mega corp then let them act like cleric not try to hide corparete bull1hit as excuse to worship money

so decide one of the themes either corporate commander of experts or cleric of money?

caledscratcher
2017-10-04, 02:45 AM
Is this class meant to recreate cleric but with divine is money as main theme or what please explain
nope dont say it its cleric of money works in mega corp so is this guy or gal comands teams of experts or channel the power of money to archive their whims. please decide one if comander of experts then get rid of channel energy and give more focus on supporting their experts as main focus. No its cleric of money in mega corp then let them act like cleric not try to hide corparete bull1hit as excuse to worship money

so decide one of the themes either corporate commander of experts or cleric of money?

I'm obviously not the creator, but my take on it from a quick look over, and in response to your comment? Very few classes have only one idea behind them. Corporate commander and wealth cleric are not opposites. They can coexist, even on a single character. After all, the biggest corporation in Paizo's setting (Pact Worlds) is also a church.

Executives can b... 2 things.

Giegue
2017-10-04, 04:09 AM
I'm obviously not the creator, but my take on it from a quick look over, and in response to your comment? Very few classes have only one idea behind them. Corporate commander and wealth cleric are not opposites. They can coexist, even on a single character. After all, the biggest corporation in Paizo's setting (Pact Worlds) is also a church.

Executives can b... 2 things.

That's exactly the point of this class. It can be and do both. It trades the cleric's better saves, HP, armor and domain powers for an expanded spell list, more skills and the ability to act as both a divine Spellcaster and manager of your party. However, it dosen't have to be a party manager, either, and that's the beauty of it. If you checked the example builds you'd see that i've presented not only a healer/leader/party manager build, but also a gun-toting and offensive spell-slining combat build with a side of infiltration, a "save or suck" caster who fully harness' the class' spellcasting power and slaps some computer-based debuffs on top of that for good measure, and a full on Necromancer who takes the manager approach but for her undead pets instead of her party.

The class can be, and is meant to be, taken in many directions within it's fluff, and is not one thing, but many. Just not all at once.

khadgar567
2017-10-04, 04:20 AM
well at least write better fluff for it