PDA

View Full Version : Krixx the Lizardfolk

Zerozolo
2017-10-04, 04:24 AM
I am starting in a new pathfinder campaign and I am making Krixx a Lizardfolk Gunslinger (Yes I know that sounds weird.)
But I want to know how I could make it work I so far have the sheet worked out and everything but this will be my first time playing a none human character so some advice would be really helpful.
I'm looking for advice on how to play him because so far the only other person I know who is gonna be in my party is a Vanara and I would like some thoughts and ideas on how Lizardfolk act around others.

BowStreetRunner
2017-10-04, 08:08 AM
Well, there's always Rango.

Zerozolo
2017-10-04, 12:10 PM
Okay so far I have come up with something that could be a backstory.
Krixx was abandoned at a young age by his tribe of Lizardfolk who saw he had no proficiency in magic they tossed him by the way side.
Thinking he was dead for Krixx resigned himself to die that was till a wandering old gunslinger named Robert Kelly happened onto Krixx.
Taking the near dead Krixx home Robert nursed the boy back the health and then decided to raise him, Over the years Krixx learned to speak common most importantly the art of the gun. But the Lizardfolk was harassed at a young age leaving Krixx not hating humans and there kind just preferring not to be around them.
Now with Blunderbuss on his hip and a jacket made by his adopted father Krixx Kelly has become a bounty hunter seeking fame fortune and a place where he feels he belongs.

Psyren
2017-10-05, 09:08 AM
You certainly can do this but Lizardfolk seem much better suited to melee combat to me.

If I wanted to be a green gunslinger I'd probably go with a Grippli instead. The stat bonuses line up with Gunslinger perfectly, and you can even use your tongue to reload.

Zerozolo
2017-10-05, 09:36 PM
You certainly can do this but Lizardfolk seem much better suited to melee combat to me.

If I wanted to be a green gunslinger I'd probably go with a Grippli instead. The stat bonuses line up with Gunslinger perfectly, and you can even use your tongue to reload.

Well that's half the fun of pathfinder being able to do what you want and making a character how you want. So thank you for the advice but I worked with my DM and Krixx Kelly is gonna be one hell of a shotgun wielding lizard man.