PDA

View Full Version : Savage Tide campaign

Zangief1983
2017-10-04, 06:28 AM
Just had a question hoping somebody on these forums would be able to answer. Just wondering in Sasserine in the Champions District what level will we be when we can compete in the Arena? This was originally a Greyhawk campaign, we are playing it for Pathfinder.

Elder_Basilisk
2017-10-04, 09:39 AM
Pathfinder game system vs 3.5, Pathfinder's Golarion setting or both?

Zangief1983
2017-10-04, 02:12 PM
Yes Pathfinders Golarion setting sorry

Elder_Basilisk
2017-10-04, 07:02 PM
Haven't done Savage tide. Based on my Greyhawk Red Hand of Doom using Pathfinder rules, I could give some 3.5 to Pathfinder tips or Pathfinder in Greyhawk tips that might be applicable but not specific to Savage tide. But it looks like that's not really what you're looking for.

Either way though, setting and system shouldn't effect what level you are when you reach that part of the adventure unless the dm fails to account for the difference between the XP necessary to level in 3.5 vs Pathfinder. (By the book combat xp resulted in 3.5 characters leveling more quickly than Pathfinder characters even using the fast track for XP with the difference becoming more pronounced as the characters level increases. In my Red Hand of Doom game I'm using the medium track and giving roughly 75percent bonus XP to get the progression to work about right).