PDA

View Full Version : The Masked King's Endeavor [5e] IC

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-04, 09:43 AM
The southwestern road leading to Silverfields is flanked on the left by a mile-long field of silver wheat. Beyond that mile is miles and miles of rolling hills. The fields and the road are separated by a fence waist high for a particularly tall Elven child. Also, a few small shacks, evidently where tools are held, populate the middle of the field. The entrance to the town is an arch leading to a circular town square with a marble fountain in the center. Surrounding it are a few small houses, a blacksmiths where a dark-haired dwarf with a large nose works hard all day, and an inn. Atop a nearby hill is the house of the widowed Lady Katherine Freesky, whose crimson-haired young teen son, George, plays in the town square all day, wielding his toy sword.

You arrived a couple days earlier. You went to stay at the local inn, named The Silver Sunrise for the bright shine off the sun reflected off of the silver wheat that awakens sleeping drunks on the floor. Perhaps one or two of you are those drunks. But today, it is not the sunrise that awakens you.

The bawling of an old woman echoes out to the town from the hill. There is also a distinct lack of childish playing at the moment.

Samshiir
2017-10-04, 10:29 AM
Ihlaina Tasira, a young adult half-elf girl, has spent a few days in Silverfields getting to know the locals. She woke in the Silver Sunrise this morning well rested and recovered from her drunken state from the night before. She rested her eyes a while longer, keeping her mind clear as she enjoyed the comfort of rest and relaxation.

Her moment was immediately disrupted when she heard the desperate cries of an old woman outside her window. After strapping her sword and shield to her back, Ihlaina exited her room and the tavern to find the woman. Upon spotting her, Ihlaina quickly approaches her and offers aid. "Is everything alright, my lady? What's wrong? How can I help?"

Illven
2017-10-04, 01:06 PM
Bethlene was longer. Heavy armor took forever to put on.

Storming out of the inn, muttered castings of prestidigitation substituting for a shower, she stormed to the half-elf and the old woman.

Is everything okay, miss!? She called out running up.

puzzler7
2017-10-04, 04:23 PM
Rig Jessal lay on his back in his bed as the screaming began. And as it continued. After a while, he'd had enough. He got up and hobbled over to the window with his hand crossbow. SHUT UP, WITCH! But a thought stopped him. He couldn't kill any of the locals before he met with whatever mage and had his curse reversed. Grumbling, he opened his door and starting wandering down the street, in the direction of the screaming.

Maybe I can help with that...

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-04, 08:38 PM
The source of the scream is a human woman, looking like she's in her mid-fifties. Around her neck, wrists, and ankles, as well as atop her head, are wreaths made of silver wheat. She has long brown hair with gray roots, is wearing an expensive-looking blood red nightgown, and is holding a toy sword, the same one George Freesky was playing with, in one hand, while trying to hold back her tears with her other. It is clear that this woman is Lady Katherine Freesky. She acknowledges Ihlaina's presence, lowering her hand holding back the tears, and a whole flood of tears fly out.

"George id midding... I couldn'd find hib adywhere this morning... Boo hoo hoo!" She drops the toy sword, covering her face with both hands.

Azktor
2017-10-04, 08:48 PM
Avernus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1031614)

The last couple of days Avernus felt like a little boy once again, he stayed with his family, the smells were the sames, his mother pie tasted exactly the same and the beer "Ah, Silver beer I missed that!". Both his parents were the same, besides a new gray hair here and there and some wrinkles. The business has been doing great, they both really happy about Avernus being there.

Avernus and his father - Khitan - got to the field one day and had a friendly spare with some wooden swords; his father was amazed how Avernus was able to fight using two swords at time. Everyday his mother - Lily - made a different dish for Avernus, he was starting to gaining some weight. Avernus was happy. He told both of then all he have done the past few years (he did not mentioned all the ladies), when he told about the pirate ship, they were in shock, but glad that he survived.

Avernus was in the middle of breakfast - eggs, meat and bread and cake - when they listened to the scream "What was that?" He put his head outside of the window without seeing anything weird he sayd to his parents "I will go check out, don't worry I will be back for lunch!" he then grabbed his gear and rushed outsided - but before he gave his mother a kiss on the check and a half hug on his father.

Illven
2017-10-04, 10:33 PM
Wait..What? Bethlene said alarmed.

Uh? Okay um what does he look like, and the last time you saw him was in his bed last night? She questioned running a hand through her hair, as her other hand gripped the hilt of her sheathed sword for comfort.

Estralita
2017-10-04, 11:17 PM
A blonde halfling woman crawls to the window. "Can you keep it down? Some people have busy days to-" Seeing the woman crying was, in fact, the lady of the town, the halfling trailed off. "I'll be right there, my lady." She (noisily) slammed the window shut, and scrambled to put on her gear before heading down, much more awake than before.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-04, 11:51 PM
Jogging from the southwest road comes a tall, lightly muscled golden-haired haired elf in his 80's (that's about 20 in elf years). He is wearing no shirt, leather pants, and wood sandals. He sights the commotion and comes running.
"Oh my, what seems to be wrong, my lady?" He bows politely with a flourish and his eyes closed. Not getting a response from the crying woman, he bows even lower, stands up straight, bends his neck to each side until there is a crack, and jogs off into the forest by the northeastern path.

At this point, Lady Freesky rubs her eyes to dry the tears, and notices Bethlene speaking. She sniffles.
"He's about your height, short crimson hair, beautiful crimson hair..." She cries for a moment, gulps laboredly, and sniffles again. She shakes her head.
"No. George always plays from early in the morning till late at night, before I wake up until after I go to sleep. That boy, his father was a bad influence on him, though he never met him..."

Samshiir
2017-10-05, 05:33 AM
Ihlaina reached down and picked up the toy sword, figuring it may be handy to calm the boy when found.

She then placed a hand on Lady Freesky's shoulder in an attempt to calm her. "Don't worry, he couldn't have gone far. Any idea where he might have gone, my lady?"

Azktor
2017-10-05, 09:25 PM

Avernus rushed to the source of the scream, only to see a group of womans of different races (some of those that he saw a couple of times in the past few days around the town) and a strange old man with an unfriendly expression around Lady Katheryne Fresky, that was crying about George being missing.

Avernus quickly come near Lady Katherine (not in a seductive way, more as a 'friend' that is here to help) and said "Lady Katheryne I will help you find George I love that boy, me and my father even played a bit with him the other day! When was the last time you - or anyone else - saw him? And where could he have gone?" he gives a friendly smile to both Ihlaina and Bethlene, happy that those armored womans were interested to help.

Just to be clear Avernus is trying to comfort her a bit.

puzzler7
2017-10-05, 09:48 PM
Rig arrives in time to hear the details of the missing child. He hides in the background, assessing the old lady and pondering what to do next. Just go back to the inn. Find this mage guy, and fix up this whole mess. And deal with her screaming and moaning and crying for the next how long? Week? Maybe more? The lady's silver adornments catch his eye, and he begins to formulate some semblance of a plan. He shuffles out of the shadows, putting on his best "calm" face.

"Excuse me, miss, but I couldn't help overhearing, what with all the screaming to raise the dead and whatnot. Anyway, I'd love to help find this wretched son of yours, but I'm afraid that I'm in no condition for extensive travel. I've recently been struck a grevious injury, leaving me ... in my current state."

He pulls up his left sleeve slightly, showing the widow his withered forearm.

"I've heard rumors of a powerful magus retired in this town, are they true? If so, could you point me in his direction? After I've been restored, I'd gladly return your kid to you."

Illven
2017-10-05, 09:59 PM
Bethlene shoots a disdainful look at the withered old man, before turning back to the others.

Does anyone know how to track? Or any of this boy's friends? Maybe one of them knows what happened to him. Bethlene suggested.

Estralita
2017-10-05, 10:32 PM
The halfling woman meets the group at a run, just in time to hear them bring up needing a tracker. A smile crept onto her lips unbidden."Finding and tracking people is what I do."

Illven
2017-10-05, 10:46 PM
The halfling woman meets the group at a run, just in time to hear them bring up needing a tracker. A smile crept onto her lips unbidden."Finding and tracking people is what I do."

"Good"! Bethlene says emphatically. This lady's son is missing, can we help her? She asked eagerly.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-06, 12:22 AM
When Avernus comes near, Lady Freesky calms down. She takes a deep breath.
"I must go inside and change. Avernus, young man, would you come in and make some tea for me?"

She turns and walks up to the door of her home, which isn't too large for a Lady. Just enough space for a living room, a bath, and two small bedrooms with libraries, as well as an attic.
She pays no heed to the others who have asked of George's situation and leaves the door open for Avernus to enter while she goes to her room.

When Avernus comes inside, the first thing he sees is a painting of Lady Freesky's former husband, Frederick. He has long crimson hair and a short moustache, and piercing green eyes. He is wearing military clothing with several badges. In the corner are a few cabinets and a sink.

The sun peeks over the horizon. A rainbow of colors reflect off of the silver wheat; the sight is simply dazzling. It's about 6 in the morning.

A few farmers come out of their homes, and the Dwarven blacksmith waddles out, lights up his smith, and holds an ingot of iron with tongs in the fire. The town crier can just now be seen jogging back out of the forest.

Illven
2017-10-06, 11:37 AM
How long have you known her, Avernus? Bethlene questioned quizzically.

Azktor
2017-10-06, 04:16 PM

"Sure, I can make you some tea." for a second Avernus was tempted to give a quick peak at the room, but there were these stranges around him and besides George was more important than his own 'curiosity'. He goes to the kitchen and start making a chamomile or some other relaxing tea available, for her and the other.

While they wait for Lady Katherine to come back, Avernus properly introduce himself saying "My name is Avernus Tydes, and I know Lady Katherine my entire life, after all I was born here in Silverfield. I remember seeing you all from the town, but I don't know your names." He says that looking at the other four.

Illven
2017-10-06, 10:41 PM
My name is Bethlene. It is a pleasure to meet you. Bethlene said warmly, with a curtsy.

puzzler7
2017-10-07, 01:35 AM
Rig stares at Lady Freesky for a moment as she walks away, before addressing Avernus. "Jessal. My name is Rig Jessal."

Samshiir
2017-10-07, 05:56 AM
With a slight nod and a smile, the half-elf introduces herself to everyone."My name is Ihlaina Tasira." She outwardly appeared social and vibrant with her introduction, but she couldn't help but feel concern for the questionable safety of Lady Freesky's son while everyone was sharing introductions and considering tea.

Estralita
2017-10-07, 08:21 PM
"And I am Rikki Moonbow." Rikki said without a beat of hesitation. It had been her name almost as long as her birth name. "So where should we start?"

Azktor
2017-10-08, 04:33 AM

Avernus listens to all four of these people introductions with close attention, he does gives a charming smile while the ladies are talking. He finish doing the tea while saying "From the looks of it, the four of you are willing to help - good! - I'm worried about George, that boy is adventurous, so I hope he is not in trouble..." he makes a pause to think for a while and say "We could start talking with the people in the city, perhaps the patrol guy" Avernus can never remembers his name "saw something, but after that we should start looking for him while there is still daylight!"

Charisma roll: [roll0] just too se how charming is Avernus's smile :smalltongue:

Samshiir
2017-10-08, 07:37 AM
"I wholeheartedly agree with you, Avernus." Ihlaina said as she smiled back at Avernus.

She knew that they would have to pool more information if they were to have a chance of finding the boy, and Avernus seemed to know the people here, which meant he was the best bet for pooling that information.

Charisma check, smiling back at Avernus: [roll0] (+2 if this is a Persuasion check)

Estralita
2017-10-08, 11:32 AM
Opposing Check first, then reaction

[roll0]

Rikki rolled her eyes, but returned the smile in spite of herself. "Sounds like a good place to start. Should we split up?

Illven
2017-10-08, 11:55 AM
Wis check [roll0]
If fails, Charisma check [roll1]

Bethlene rolls her eyes as Avernus tries to charm the ladies. However she relents slightly as the man goes over his plan, eventually turning on her own dazzling smile.

If he's as adventurous as you say. Perhaps we should split up. The ones that are good with people interview the townfolks, where the more down to earth among us, look at the woods.

puzzler7
2017-10-08, 11:10 PM
Wis 'save': [roll0]

As Avernus smiles, Rig's rage unexpectedly calms, and he attempts a smile in return. A hideous, toothless smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"I'll search through the woods; I'm unused to dealing with people."

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-09, 09:11 PM
Lady Freesky comes out of the house, drinking the tea and wearing a velvet dress. She still wears the silver wheat jewelry she had on before. She begins to stroll out to the northwest path that goes through the silverwheat fields.

Illven
2017-10-09, 09:18 PM
Bethlene places a hand on the top of Avernus's back.

You know who her friends in town are. Can you take us to them? She asked.

puzzler7
2017-10-10, 03:35 PM
As the others discuss, Rig begins moving toward the woods in the direction that the runner went, looking for traces of a small boy, paying special attention to rocks he may have kicked over, or twigs he would have snapped. A sword ... adventurer in the making. Now a damsel in distress. How poetic.

Survival: [roll0] looking for traces of the boy. Not leaving earshot of the party, however.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-10, 05:39 PM
Rig finds that with his weakened body his senses have heightened. There are small boys' footprints on the ground, leading into the woods. No confirmation it was George, but it's a start.

Azktor
2017-10-11, 09:06 PM

Avernus tries to search his memory, after all it have been a while. But he is too distracted with Lady Kath passing by for a second to remember, she ends saying to Bethlene "No I don't know any of her friends to be honest. I have been out for quite some time, so she may have some new ones."

[roll0]

Illven
2017-10-11, 09:29 PM
Beth's insight [roll0]

So go house to house and see if anyone is saying anything I guess? Beth replied.

puzzler7
2017-10-12, 05:41 PM
Rig turns around to face the party. He gestures towards the woods.

"If you wish. I've a little skill in tracking, it seems like the kid went this way."

Estralita
2017-10-12, 07:47 PM
Rig's statement drew Rikki's attention."Looks like we may already have our lead. Probably should go follow it before it dries up."

Samshiir
2017-10-13, 07:50 AM
Ihlaina nods in agreement as Rikki finishes speaking.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-15, 12:42 PM
The path winds through the woods, between the tall and thin birch trees. After about 10 feet is a pole with directions; Back the way you came, "You have arrived in Silverfields" and "Goldenkeep- 50 miles"; Down the path, "Redwick- 20 miles- go east after 5", "Troutberk- 45 miles", and "Allwater 70 miles", the capitol of the kingdom. After following the path for about 30 minutes, you come across a clearing; A relatively new one. Trees lay fallen on the ground, perhaps torn off by a mighty bear. A wagon on its side can be seen next to a nearby rock, and limping horse tracks lead off into the woods. Around this area are several scraps of blue cloth and leather. But, in the darkness of the forest in the sunrise, even those of you without the ability to see in the dark can make out a lantern-light about 40 feet off the path. A makeshift shack is there.

Samshiir
2017-10-15, 12:52 PM
Ihlaina keeps her eyes and ears peeled for signs of danger as she approaches the shack with her sword and shield drawn.

Perception check (60' Darkvision): [roll0]

Illven
2017-10-15, 12:55 PM
Think he's in there? Bethlene questions gesturing to the empty foreboding shack.

puzzler7
2017-10-15, 12:59 PM
Rig kneels down and grabs a scrap of fabric.

"I don't know. Is he often blue?"

Standing back up, he cautiously approaches the wagon, looking for a rider.

Perception: [roll0]
If Rig doesn't sense any threat, he'll search the wagon.

EDIT: I may have just made a terrible mistake by committing to that.

Estralita
2017-10-15, 01:10 PM
"Only one way to find out..." With that, Rikki pulls her bow, and silently makes her way to the shack, attempting to peek through the windows.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception[roll1]

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-15, 01:53 PM
Looking at the wagon, Rig can't see anything threatening. There are two crates in the back seat, and traces that 4 or 5 people were taking a ride in it; enough sets of clothes for a 7-day travel. There are several missing pieces to the wagon.

When Rikki gets to 20 feet away from the shack, which is made of multiple sheets of metal and thin wooden boards attached with rusty nails, a board creaks up. A man can be seen through the crack for an instant. The next thing Rikki sees is an arrow flying out of the crack and landing in front of her. "You there! Are you mimics, too!? Don't come any closer!"

Estralita
2017-10-15, 03:11 PM
Rikki froze. In a split seconds she had a decision to make. She dropped her bow, (it wouldn't take long to scoop up again) and raised her hands."No mimics here! We're actually looking for a missing little boy."

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-15, 03:20 PM
He speaks gruffly out of the shack, in fear and not too convinced.
"I haven't seen any boy. Have seen a mimic, though. About 4 hours ago."

Azktor
2017-10-16, 01:51 AM

Avernus looks perplexed at the arrow flying next to Rikki and start talking in response "My good sir, don't worry we are not mimics by any mean, to be honest I used to be paid to talk. We are just looking for a missing kid - Avernus describes George to the man - if you could please help us in any way we would be really happy and perhaps we could even help you out with your mimics problem. We had not seem any, but what did he do to you? And where did he go after?" Avernus is calm, you notice that he did this kind of negotiation before.

Persuassion roll:[roll0]

Illven
2017-10-16, 01:53 AM
Bethlene narrows her eyes, as she judges the man.

Is there a mimic problem, or something that could easily be assumed as a mimic problem.

Or is the man just crazy?

insight [roll0]

puzzler7
2017-10-16, 02:55 AM
Emerging from the wagon, Rig holds up the scrap of blue fabric on the ground. He starts speaking to the man.

"Hey! Did this blue cloth belong to one of the men in this wagon?"

To the party, he says, "There's a couple of crates in the back. Might be valuable."

I'll let them figure out if there are any mimics back there.

Deception: [roll0] to convince the party there's actually something worthwhile in the back.

Normally, I'd throw rocks at them, but even if they hit, I'd deal 1d4-2 damage. This seems a bit more in character.

EDIT: Wow! A nat 20 on a roll that doesn't matter!

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-16, 08:47 PM
The man answers the questions in sequence.

"First of all, don't think of a mimic as a treasure chest with a mouth. This thing was human-looking, with big crimson eyes. You know a mimic when you see one. Or, I guess you could call 'em changelings or doppelgangers... it was 'Bout that girl's height." He says, reaching out a muscled, leather-gloved arm and pointing at Beth.

"Valnar, our mage, identified this thing in the middle of the road as a threat and we needed to take it out, about 3 hours ago. It toppled over the wagon and killed Valnar, then dragged his body out into the forest. Two of us ran away and the other went after him. I haven't seen that one since."

"I ain't seen no kid, but I know where the shape-changer went. It's bound to be back here to find me, like anything else, so I'll be along with you." The sound of a light drop onto the ground is followed by part of the wall falling off and a small figure appearing. His skin is sunburnt, with a bald head and gray-white hair with a breaded beard down to his knees. He has a little bit of a pot belly, on top of which is a white-and-blue striped shirt and inverness cape, open in the middle showing a bare midriff. As he exits the building, a hawk flies down and lands on the glove of the dwarf, which he feeds a crouton and it happily eats. On his back is a quiver of arrows and a long (for his size) bow. At 3 and a half feet high, he stands triumphantly with a gap in his front teeth and ear-to-ear smile. "Simi Silentfoot, at your service! After all this is done, can you lead me to a place called, er-" He pauses to take a scroll out of his satchel, which he unravels- "Silverfields. Yes, that's right, that's the place."

Illven
2017-10-16, 08:58 PM
Bethlene nods as the man points out her height. It was a useful piece of information. Or it would, if they weren't shapechangers.

We should find Valnar, if able and give him a proper burial. The name sounds Elvish. Does anyone know elven funeral customs? Bethlene started.

We'll be glad to lead you to Silverfields, once we find George. Bethlene explains running a hand through her long blonde hair. Do you have any clue where he might be likely to hide?

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-17, 12:31 AM
"Your guess is as good as mine. I'm from all the way out to Troutberk."

Illven
2017-10-17, 12:44 AM
Damn. Beth whistled. What brings you out to Sliverfields? She asked.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-17, 12:51 AM
"A little mission some messenger sent me and my buds on. Apparently the king wants some of this silver wheat stuff delivered."

Illven
2017-10-17, 01:23 AM
"A little mission some messenger sent me and my buds on. Apparently the king wants some of this silver wheat stuff delivered."

Aren't these farmers already paying taxes? Beth asked.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-17, 09:17 AM
"No, the lady of the town trades it to Redwick and Troutberk, gets the cash, and then pays the taxes with what's left on behalf of the town. The king wants some delivered to Allwater, quite a long way past Troutberk,
I can tell you that much."

Illven
2017-10-17, 02:57 PM
So you'd have to deliver the silverwheat 70 miles? Bethlene comments wincing.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-18, 09:52 PM
"Yep. It's not too much work with a wagon and all that."

Illven
2017-10-18, 10:33 PM
"Yep. It's not too much work with a wagon and all that."

Yeah, I suppose the animals would we doing all the work. Bethlene commented.

Estralita
2017-10-19, 12:02 AM
Rikki nods impatiently. "Well it's in that direction at least.Good luck." Rikki waved her hand vaguely towards where they left. She turned to Rig. "The child, the mimic,or the mimic pretending to be a child. They hopefully left something behind.

Time for the Ranger to do some Ranger-ing! Survival!:

[roll0]

puzzler7
2017-10-19, 10:04 AM
So now we help this man, too, I suppose. Rig looks down the path as Rikki directs him. "It looks like it may have gone this way."

Helping Rikki's Survival. If I can't Help, then I'll do my own search (+3).

[roll0]

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-19, 09:20 PM
There is a pretty obvious trail of blood leading out into the forest.

Estralita
2017-10-19, 11:01 PM
Rikki scooped up her bow and pointed out the blood trail. "Better get moving while it's still fresh. Thank you for your help."

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-19, 11:23 PM
Following the track of blood, the party finds a man standing still in the woods. He is about 6 feet tall, has a chest-long blood-red beard, and wears torn blue robes with bloodstains as well as a hat where pointy ears poke out the sides. Simi calls out to him.
"Valnar! I thought you were killed by that thing, that mimic!"

The man looks towards Simi as he puts on a leather glove, similar to Simi's. A hawk that was previously circling above his location comes down and lands on his hand, notices Simi's hawk, and they go off into the branches above to socialize, as they do. "Ah, Simi, I told you, they're called Doppelgangers. Or changelings, at least. Mimics are just treasure chests and desks looking to eat unsuspecting foes. Like a Wolf-In-Sheep's-Clothing.
My memory deceives me: Did we fight one of those in the past?"

Simi lets out a loud laugh. Crows from nearby trees fly away, and are quickly picked off by the hawks that had previously perched up there.
"HA! We were just beginning adventurers then. The look on your face when it bit your beard was priceless! And The funny thing is, it wasn't even in sheeps' clothing!"

Illven
2017-10-19, 11:39 PM
Beth puts a hand in front of Simi.

You saw Valnar die. And were dealing with shapechangers, and now he's here back in the flesh. And his memories deceiving him?I don't trust that.

Prove yourself to Simi. She demands of Valnar. What is something only he would know? Bethlene replied turning to Valnar.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-23, 10:29 PM
"Simi used to fight in the army as a knight. His first day, he hadn't received any training, so he didn't know how to put the armor on so they dropped to his ankles the second he got onto the pretend battlefield.
It's how we met, by me helping him get it right." Valnar says, a slight chuckle on his voice.

Simi bursts out laughing once again, rolling on the ground.
"It's true! Ha ha, that was hilarious AND embarrassing. That's what makes it so funny... hehe..."

Illven
2017-10-23, 11:01 PM
Beth nods. Sorry for that then. It was only a precaution that needed to be taken. Bethlene comments.

Have you seen any children out here? We've been trying to find a missing child. Bethlene remarks hand on her hip as she ***** her head curiously.

Estralita
2017-10-23, 11:11 PM
Rikki hung back slightly, trying to get a read on the newcomer.

Let's get Insightful!

[roll0]

Azktor
2017-10-25, 12:33 AM

Avernus look Bethlene and then at the new guys saying "Looks like they know each other, no way a shapechanger can mimic a friendship! I think we can trust them." he then gives another quick look to Bethlene and the others winking at them as if he is saying (not really trusting for a second in this).

"What should I do next? We still have not find either George or the Shapechanger...I think finding the missing kid in the middle of a dangerous place like this is more important, so let's try to focus on that first." saying to the party

Deception: [roll0] I want them to believe I'm believing, while the party knows I'm not trully believing.

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-25, 11:35 PM
You don't think there's anything suspicious about this guy.

Valnar turns to Avernus.
"Oh, you're looking for a boy? What does he look like?" He snaps his fingers and his hawk comes flying, landing on his gloved hand.
"Whisper will be able to find him with the help of Simi's bird. Her name eludes me..."

Simi gets up from the ground. "Aye, Fire can see a speck of color that stands out from the forest from miles away."

puzzler7
2017-10-26, 12:06 AM
Rig catches up to the rest of the party, winded. Even after hearing Valnar's story, Rig is still suspicious of the bloodied elf. He gestures to the numerous cuts and bloodstains on the elf's robes.

"How'd you get those vicious cuts? By the looks of it, you shouldn't even be conscious now, much less standing and talking."

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-27, 09:51 PM
"Healing potions work wonders, my friend." Valnar replies.

puzzler7
2017-10-27, 09:52 PM
"You didn't answer the question, my friend."

Azktor
2017-10-27, 09:56 PM

Avernus inspect Valnar up and down, becoming more and more suspicious about him. Waiting for him to answer Rig's question.

Insight roll: [roll0]

Gluteus_Maximus
2017-10-27, 10:14 PM
"I believe I have, in my own way. A monster, 4 feet 10 inches, with the ability to transform into any humanoid it has seen, if it wishes. Depending on how long is has remained in this area, it may or may not have seen the traveling Tabaxi circus, The "Clawed Caravan" coming through. And as I felt it strike me while half-conscious (and I have met the Clawed Caravan myself, a long time ago), I know it has seen them from how it hit me with such ferociousness that could only have been imitating the alpha cat of their group, Toby Scratch, whose act is challenging townsfolk to a one-on-one battle to see who would fall on their tailbone first, which resulted in several scratched shins from Toby. And if it had seen Toby then that means it could become him, and that is what clawed me and destroyed these robes." Valnar says in a long-winded way, never stopping to take a breath until the end of each sentence.

He doesn't seem suspicious at all.

Azktor
2017-11-05, 08:13 AM
Avernus a bit less worried about the man now after his explanation start to believe him "I think we should capture this monster...Valnar, do you have any suggestion on how to proceed? I don't want this creature walking around attacking or killing inocents."

Illven
2017-11-05, 01:22 PM
Mass interrogations are the only thing I can think of. Bethlene muses a finger on her lips.