PDA

View Full Version : Godslave

danelsan
2017-10-04, 11:25 PM
Do you like Egyptian Mythology? Or perhaps you enjoy ancient myths interacting with the modern world? What about kick-ass lady protagonists empowered by a troublemaker god? If so, go read this (http://www.godslavecomic.com/comic/page-1) right now!

Art is good, has action, humor and a nicely developing plot. I am really enjoying it so far, so I figured I'd create this thread to signal-boost the comic. It is nearing 300 pages so far, so you already have a lot to enjoy if you prefer to get a slow pace, or a nice big binge if you prefer to just "devour" all the currently available comics. Updates twice a week.

lord_khaine
2017-10-05, 11:58 AM
Just spend an hour diving though the achive. Yes, it is actually a really good story. I can warmly recomend it and the art to everyone else.

Lethologica
2017-10-05, 10:55 PM
Well, I'm only through chapter 1, but I'm certainly having fun so far. I never learned much about Egyptian mythology, so I'll have some reading to do after, or alongside, this.

Ibrinar
2017-10-06, 10:12 PM
After reading everything I would say it is quite good.

Lethologica
2017-10-07, 03:52 PM
Having fully caught up, I'm now reading through the author's previous complete webcomic, Take Off! (http://www.megacarter.com/takeoff/?p=4), and it's similarly enjoyable.

Onyavar
2017-10-20, 11:09 AM
Thanks for linking Take Off!, that was a really enjoyable comic.

Even so, I think Godslave is an improvement!

Especially Anpu's REAL identity had me surprised (although I binged the comic - I believe I would have spotted it if I had had time to think about it and -pedia-up my mythology).

Lethologica
2017-10-20, 12:02 PM
Thanks for linking Take Off!, that was a really enjoyable comic.

Even so, I think Godslave is an improvement!

Especially Anpu's REAL identity had me surprised (although I binged the comic - I believe I would have spotted it if I had had time to think about it and -pedia-up my mythology).
I agree--I had trouble reconciling the issues surrounding Alex, and the morality was a tad too protagonist-centered, and...lots of little things that bugged me but didn't stop me from liking the comic, but Godslave does most of them better.

Yeah, I would have been more surprised if I hadn't read, like, five thousand comments about how that totally isn't Anubis.