PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5] Clerical Polymorphs (or Similar)

Thurbane
2017-10-05, 05:06 AM
Q 234

Aside from (Lesser) Infernal Transformation and Incarnation of Evil, are there any Cleric spells (specifically general Cleric, not only available through a Domain) that allow the caster to assume the form of another being? The lower level, the better.

May be better in it's own thread.

I'm looking for spells on the Cleric list that allow the caster to assume different forms.

Must specifically be a Cleric spell, not just a spell that exists on a Domain list (i.e. I know you can get Shapechange in a couple of domains - this is not what I'm looking for).

Cheers - T

Eldariel
2017-10-05, 05:18 AM
There's Incarnation of Evil (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a). That's the only proper Polymorph I can think of. Visage of the Deity [SC] line does give you Half-Celestial/Half-Fiend traits, but doesn't as explicitly change you. Would Corrupt/Sanctified Spells work? Those are by default on the Cleric-list regardless of Domain. Though I can't actually think of any on that list either.

Fizban
2017-10-05, 07:40 AM
There's the rest of the infernal/holy transformation line, 4th and 7th for the lesser and normal. Planar Exchange doesn't change your form but does replace you with a called monster under your control for the duration. The Investiture spells in FC2 grant a bunch of different abilities mimicking devils via transmutation, some with more visual description than others. Yochlol Blessing and Bebilith Blessing in DotU are similar, but Yochlol requires a "drow" component. Blessing of the Snake Mother (in Ghostwalk) gives the traits of a yuan-ti tained one, not that they're worth much. I think Blessing of the Snake Mother probably came from a Forgotten Realms book initially (Ghostwalk swiped some stuff), and there might be a couple more yaun-ti or drow related transformation spells in an FG book, but I think most were domain-ified.

Thurbane
2017-10-05, 01:46 PM
OK, thanks for the replies. I was aware of Incarnation of Evil, and Infernal Transformation (regular and greater); Holy Transformation is an option I'd missed.

Domains and Corrupt/Sanctified spells aren't really an option, but good idea though.

The goal was for a form that could cast spells, so Incarnation of Evil won't work (without Surrogate Spellcasting or something similar). The build is very feat starved, though.

Looks like Holy/Infernal Transformation is my best option.

Darrin
2017-10-06, 07:23 AM
Hmm. Only thing I can find is bodak birth (BoVD).