PDA

View Full Version : Improving to Hit Chance

khaldorgas
2017-10-05, 12:24 PM
Hi guys.
I'm playing with a unnarmed build, thats is really nice on damage, but has a lack on hit chance (i miss everything, my dm makes AC high because other players).

I have one level to up now, (level 7, that means i have a feat too).
Some ideias to improve my hit chance? Some 1 level cheesy combo?
I saw the psionic version of true strike, that can be taked with psych warrior, and i can make a swift that grants me +5

Pathfinder and 3.5 allowed.

EDIT

My build until now is:
Monk master of many styles 2 (dragon style and jabbing style) : Fuse styles
Brawler 2: Feats and damage progression
Barbarian 1 Spirit Totem Lion Variant (from CC 3.5): Pounce and Rage
Fist of the forest 1: Damage Progression and Feral Trance

We mix totally Pathfinder and 3.5, for the most strong.

Feats i have:
Jotunbrud
Superior Unarmed Strike
Improved Natural Attack:Unarmed Strike
Dragon Style
Dragon Ferocity
Power attack

Traits i have:
Heavy Hitter: +1 at unarmed damage
Reactionary: +2 Initiave

Status i have (i get some bonus in game)
STR: 23
DEX:16
CON: 18
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 14

This way i can full attack at charge dealing:
RAGE AND FERAL TRANCE :smallfurious: : 2 Attacks +10 / Dmg 4d8 +17(14 off hand) Bite +12/1d6+7
without rage + feral trance :smallfrown: : 2 attacks +9/4d8+13 (10 off hand)

Thanks!!!

legomaster00156
2017-10-05, 12:30 PM
We have absolutely no details on anything. We don't know your classes, race, build, etc. Without these, it's not easy to help you. We also need to know if this is 3.5 with some Pathfinder, or Pathfinder with some 3.5.

Necroticplague
2017-10-05, 12:35 PM
How much money is available in the budget, and what items do you already have on this front? Standard +numbers is usually best taken care of through equipment. In this case, Belt of Giant Strength and Necklace of natural Attacks

For feats, you could work towards Deep Impact to let you make touch attacks, which have a good chance of hitting.

Darrin
2017-10-05, 12:42 PM
Knight of the Middle Circle (Defenders of the Faith p. 65) might work for this, and is easy to qualify for. Combat Sense gives you a +2 attack bonus and a +2 AC bonus against a single opponent, but you can change your chosen opponent whenever you like.

emeraldstreak
2017-10-05, 01:14 PM
If you fught unarmed wand of swift wraithstrike will do.

Also, if Good and facing undead take Touch of Golden Ice and simply touch them.

khaldorgas
2017-10-05, 01:32 PM
We have absolutely no details on anything. We don't know your classes, race, build, etc. Without these, it's not easy to help you. We also need to know if this is 3.5 with some Pathfinder, or Pathfinder with some 3.5.

My build until now is:
Monk master of many styles 2 (dragon style and jabbing style) : Fuse styles
Brawler 2: Feats and damage progression
Barbarian 1 Spirit Totem Lion Variant (from CC 3.5): Pounce and Rage
Fist of the forest 1: Damage Progression and Feral Trance

We mix totally Pathfinder and 3.5, for the most strong.

Feats i have:
Jotunbrud
Superior Unarmed Strike
Improved Natural Attack:Unarmed Strike
Dragon Style
Dragon Ferocity
Power attack

Traits i have:
Heavy Hitter: +1 at unarmed damage
Reactionary: +2 Initiave

Status i have (i get some bonus in game)
STR: 23
DEX:16
CON: 18
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 14

This way i can full attack at charge dealing:
RAGE AND FERAL TRANCE :smallfurious: : 2 Attacks +10 / Dmg 4d8 +17(14 off hand) Bite +12/1d6+7
without rage + feral trance :smallfrown: : 2 attacks +9/4d8+13 (10 off hand)

How much money is available in the budget, and what items do you already have on this front? Standard +numbers is usually best taken care of through equipment. In this case, Belt of Giant Strength and Necklace of natural Attacks

For feats, you could work towards Deep Impact to let you make touch attacks, which have a good chance of hitting.
Equipaments are running low on campaign, it would be better with if a could improve without them :/

Knight of the Middle Circle (Defenders of the Faith p. 65) might work for this, and is easy to qualify for. Combat Sense gives you a +2 attack bonus and a +2 AC bonus against a single opponent, but you can change your chosen opponent whenever you like.

Very nice class, maybe this class + weapon focus, would grant me +4 to hit on next level! Thanks :smallbiggrin:

If you fught unarmed wand of swift wraithstrike will do.

Also, if Good and facing undead take Touch of Golden Ice and simply touch them.

Nice wand too :smallbiggrin: , but equipaments are running low on campaign, it would be better with if a could improve without them :/

Thurbane
2017-10-05, 01:39 PM
It's not great but, Reckless Offense (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#recklessOffense) gives you +2 to hit for -4 to AC.

There's some good general advice here: [3.X] Person Man's Guide to Melee Combos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?127026)

Grod_The_Giant
2017-10-05, 01:52 PM
Dang. That's a pretty sweet 1-2 level dip.

Thurbane
2017-10-05, 02:01 PM
Dang. That's a pretty sweet 1-2 level dip.

Just had a quick read...it's an interesting class. The only thing I don't like is the alignment restriction...you need to be LG or NG, which can be a pain to combine with some other classes.

ottdmk
2017-10-05, 03:54 PM
So, if you're playing a Monk... are you Lawful?

I ask because if you're able to get Essentia from artifacts like you did with your Beguiler, the Lawful version of Incarnate Avatar might work for you. At Character Level 6, you could dump 2 pts of Essentia in there for a +2 on all your Melee "to hit" rolls. It would go up at 12th and at 18th, if you had the Essentia.