PDA

View Full Version : any more loss DMs

Greenflame133
2017-10-06, 08:36 AM
I was looking to get myself involved in a game. Sadly majority of DMs not really like idea of going with something quirky or based on lore. Generally I'm looking for a DM that doesn't mind when players try to pull of some crazy build or strategy. Like Mong with weapon finesse

noob
2017-10-06, 08:41 AM
The only way to use monks with weapon finesse is to play a barbarian 2/fighter 2/warblade 2/crusader 2/swordsage 2/frenzied berseker 4
Then charge and do a full round power attack(the weapon you use is a monk that you wield with two hands)

flappeercraft
2017-10-06, 08:57 AM
Well, by chance it happens to be that I am running a Epic TO game where basically everything is allowed. We do go absolutely insane though, like one round Team Solar insane.

Greenflame133
2017-10-06, 11:58 AM
The only way to use monks with weapon finesse is to play a barbarian 2/fighter 2/warblade 2/crusader 2/swordsage 2/frenzied berseker 4
Then charge and do a full round power attack(the weapon you use is a monk that you wield with two hands)

grwat, it exackly this kind of combinatory I enjoy in D&D. There is build that I;m very igore to play but I know moust D&D will end up giving me wird looks. It's ware-orka troll. As either

Goaty14
2017-10-06, 07:52 PM
DMs don't like players going crazee because they fear its a game-breaking thing that they would have a hard time balancing it out, unless, of course, the whole party is equally game breaking.

Except that is very hard because at some point somebody covers all of the roles.

ATHATH
2017-10-06, 08:26 PM
That's not the ONLY way, you know.

Blue Jay
2017-10-06, 08:53 PM

The only way this works with Weapon Finesse is if you wield an elven courtmonk.

ATHATH
2017-10-06, 08:59 PM
Okay, I just got noob's joke.

You probably should have put it in blue text or something.

RoboEmperor
2017-10-06, 09:05 PM
You need to realize why DMs DM in the first place. Sadistically watching players die hilariously is one. Sadistically watching them suffer as you splatter them with powerful monsters is another. Feeling like a god as he makes the PCs do whatever he wants and watch them struggle in vain to fight you is a third. Powerful PCs ruin all three reasons.

ATHATH
2017-10-06, 09:55 PM
You need to realize why DMs DM in the first place. Sadistically watching players die hilariously is one. Sadistically watching them suffer as you splatter them with powerful monsters is another. Feeling like a god as he makes the PCs do whatever he wants and watch them struggle in vain to fight you is a third. Powerful PCs ruin all three reasons.
You, uh, just, um, forgot to put that in blue text, right?

Right?

Buufreak
2017-10-06, 10:21 PM

Right?

I feel like not. DMs can be whiny, touchy jerks. Some are sensible. Some aren't. Such is humanity.

Remuko
2017-10-07, 03:12 PM

Right?

I actually think thats supposed to be in purple text.

Demonique
2017-10-10, 03:16 PM
There's a colour code now?

flappeercraft
2017-10-10, 04:38 PM

Always have been. Blue is sarcasm and Purple is Evil.

atemu1234
2017-10-10, 10:57 PM
Always have been. Blue is sarcasm and Purple is Evil.

Purple is lawful evil.
Green is chaotic evil.

Crake
2017-10-10, 11:47 PM

It's not an official color coding system, and not enforced by the forum rules or mods in any way at all, purely optional