PDA

View Full Version : Small stuff I hope is in Xanathers

NecroDancer
2017-10-06, 09:09 AM
1. More elemental options for four element monks.

2. A list of warlock patron idea (like Shemeshka the Marauder , Mishka the Wolf Spider, Fakename the Adjective and/or Noun).

3. Some low level dungeons that any DM can quickly use.

4. Warlock Invocations

5. More hints about Planescape/Manuel of the Planes

6. Concept art in the book.

ImperiousLeader
2017-10-06, 09:37 AM
Ignoring the question of which subclasses I want or am guessing are in the book:

1. Sorcerer-only spells that help make the class feel more unique.

2. More metamagic options?

3. Interesting feats for casters.

4. A good variety of generic (setting neutral) backgrounds. While it's one of the easier things to houserule, a wider start range would be good.

Sception
2017-10-06, 09:46 AM
I'd absolutely support a call for more elemental monk abilities, unique sorcerer spells (particularly individual spells designed to do a lot of different things - shape changey spells that allow a variety of different useful forms, shadow magicky spells that can imitate a range of other spells effects, etc), and useful feats for casters.

I'd also like to see more necromancy spells, for wizards and otherwise. In particular new spells, or changes to animate dead, to allow the creation of the variant skeletons and zombies in the monster manual, spells to summon ghostly type undead, low level spells to let novice necromancers make undead pets & helpers before 5th level, concentration spells to buff undead under your control, spells to banish undead you've created to a hidden pocket plane then summon them back later, etc.

Foxhound438
2017-10-06, 11:28 AM
1. More elemental options for four element monks.

that's a big one for me, though I still think it would be worth retconning the ki costs to ki=spell level, and maybe give more disciplines learned or at least a way to trade out more easily.

Byke
2017-10-06, 11:30 AM
Ignoring the question of which subclasses I want or am guessing are in the book:

1. Sorcerer-only spells that help make the class feel more unique.

2. More metamagic options?

3. Interesting feats for casters.

4. A good variety of generic (setting neutral) backgrounds. While it's one of the easier things to houserule, a wider start range would be good.

Please make this a reality WotC!

Millstone85
2017-10-06, 12:34 PM
New pact boons, such as...

Pact of the Orb
Your patron gives you a crystal ball. You can use this item as an arcane focus (orb), or as the material component for any divination spell. With the orb in hand, you know the guidance cantrip and augury spell. You can cast the latter as a ritual, and they don't count against your numbers of cantrips and spells known.
Additionally, you can perform a special ritual while you hold the orb. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a short or long rest. Choose an eldritch invocation of which you meet the prerequisites, from among Beast Speech, Devil's Sight, Eldritch Sight, Eyes of the Rune Keeper, Gaze of Two Minds, Visions of Distant Realms, Whispers of the Grave, and Witch Sight. You gain this invocation, and it doesn't count against your number of invocations known. Performing the ritual again replaces this invocation with another.
If you loose your orb, you can instead perform the ritual to receive a replacement from your patron.

This is inspired from Pact of the Star Chain in "The Faithful" UA. I think they were on the right track, except for it being badly named, patron specific and too weak.

suplee215
2017-10-07, 08:40 AM
More animal totem abilities for Barbarian. Sure it is hard to beat out Bear Totem for level 3 but some more options could be interesting and I really like what can be done for the 6th level ability from a fluff perspective.

Foxhound438
2017-10-07, 01:38 PM
I could really go for some good ranger spells, at higher levels especially.

DracoKnight
2017-10-07, 01:42 PM
I could really go for some good ranger spells, at higher levels especially.

Adding to this: melee ranger spell support.

jaappleton
2017-10-07, 01:42 PM
Adding to this: melee ranger spell support.

Seconded. Seriously, they need some love.

One thing I hope is in there: New magic items.

DracoKnight
2017-10-07, 01:52 PM
One thing I hope is in there: New magic items.

I’d particularly love some cool weapons in the uncommon-rare categories. It doesn’t take a lot to please me...I just need something other than a sun blade to swing around.

(Also, how many sentient sun blades are they going to put into their prewritten adventures? Lol)

wilhelmdubdub
2017-10-07, 05:46 PM
More melee weapon cantrips, ranged weapon cantrips, backgrounds, feats, crafting, more potions, a way to throw weapons as ammo

lunaticfringe
2017-10-08, 10:38 AM
A whip master feat so I can be Indiana Bard. Come on! ToA already added the Archeologist background!

Side note: I'm pretty sure they"'ll add the Adventure Backgrounds from Rage & Tomb to it.