PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Psychic Warrior TWF, Possibly Dual Shields Build Help

Lantz234
2017-10-06, 12:07 PM
Hello all, First time posting. So my friend is running a campaign and we are allowed to get rather high stat rolls (4d6 reroll 1s &2s) and starting HP (CON score + max HD) and I decided to try and play a Psychic warrior from Dreamscarred Press psionic classes.

For those who care my rolls were 21, 20, 19, 19, 16, 16. I was obviously going to go with half-giant for a race, (the bonus to STR and WIS is nice, the Powerful Build is nicer) and the GM was going to just give me Psicrystal Affinity. I'd rather not go with the Earthbreaker or other 2H weapon simply because that feels boring. So I was consider either going with TWF with say a scimitar and a kukri and picking the Dervish Path or going sword and board or maybe double shields and get the interceptor path.

The biggest problem I see is that while I get a good number of feats, (I think about 18 with about half having to be combat or psionic) my 3/4 BAB is gimping my ability to actually get the combat feats I need at a reasonable level and my d8 HD means that my HP is going to be mediocre. The HP issue is made worse by the fact we start with such High HP, getting the Vigor power to get 5 temp HP per PP is nice when you start with 13 HP, not as much with 27. While I would like to take advantage of Hustle or Lion's Charge powers to move and do a full attack, it feels lackluster when going TWF is going to be only at higher levels and my lower BAB means I probably won't hit nearly as often as I would expect. My GM is fairly open minded so I was considering asking if I could be considered having full BAB for the purposes of meeting combat feat requirements, But I still think the class would be lacking in atk and HP.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Oh and thanks for reading even if you don't have anything to add.

Air0r
2017-10-06, 07:08 PM
Hello all, First time posting. So my friend is running a campaign and we are allowed to get rather high stat rolls (4d6 reroll 1s &2s) and starting HP (CON score + max HD) and I decided to try and play a Psychic warrior from Dreamscarred Press psionic classes.

For those who care my rolls were 21, 20, 19, 19, 16, 16. I was obviously going to go with half-giant for a race, (the bonus to STR and WIS is nice, the Powerful Build is nicer) and the GM was going to just give me Psicrystal Affinity. I'd rather not go with the Earthbreaker or other 2H weapon simply because that feels boring. So I was consider either going with TWF with say a scimitar and a kukri and picking the Dervish Path or going sword and board or maybe double shields and get the interceptor path.

The biggest problem I see is that while I get a good number of feats, (I think about 18 with about half having to be combat or psionic) my 3/4 BAB is gimping my ability to actually get the combat feats I need at a reasonable level and my d8 HD means that my HP is going to be mediocre. The HP issue is made worse by the fact we start with such High HP, getting the Vigor power to get 5 temp HP per PP is nice when you start with 13 HP, not as much with 27. While I would like to take advantage of Hustle or Lion's Charge powers to move and do a full attack, it feels lackluster when going TWF is going to be only at higher levels and my lower BAB means I probably won't hit nearly as often as I would expect. My GM is fairly open minded so I was considering asking if I could be considered having full BAB for the purposes of meeting combat feat requirements, But I still think the class would be lacking in atk and HP.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Oh and thanks for reading even if you don't have anything to add.

4d6 without dropping the lowest? and rerolling 1s and 2s? that IS generous. same for HP. which brings me to the first thing: d8 isn't bad for HP, especially with the kick start you have with your HP.

scimitar and kukri would be interesting for two weapon fighting. I doubt you'll be held back THAT much in the feat department considering:
Psionic Proficiency (Ex)

A psychic warrior treats his base attack bonus as equal to his psychic warrior level for the purposes of requirements for psionic feats. Base attack bonuses granted from other classes are unaffected and are added normally.

as for ability to hit, well, you have a decent strength (and could take the Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting feat from path of war expanded if you want to be able to ignore dex entirely).

EDIT: psionic proficiency won't help with combat feats specifically, but is still useful in general for prerequisites.

Elricaltovilla
2017-10-07, 06:58 AM
The biggest question is what books are you allowed to pull material from. Without knowing where to look it's difficult to make suggestions.