PDA

View Full Version : Art A party drawing

Gallade
2017-10-06, 02:16 PM
...and also a reference. An obvious reference to a popular manga. And since I like to explain what I'm drawing, I'll also write some bio about the subjects in the picture.
The drawing:
http://i64.tinypic.com/2lscfh4.png
The character bios:

From furthest left to furthest right:
Lucian Altham (LG Human Paladin): Hailing from the theocentric nation of Lysia, he was sent to apprehend one of his companions who had gone rogue, before getting tangled up in a case of people disappearing overnight. Though humble in his ways, he has a penchant for martyrdom, going out of his way to take punishment that others would suffer.
Geralt the Righteous Shadow (CG Half-Elf Vigilante/Barbarian): He was raised by druids and endowed with the essence of Nirvana, granting him the ability of wildshaping into a black panther. He later moved to Rudy-Drag, the techno-centric capital of the lands, where he enstablished a base and became a silent warden to the city.
He is calculating and charismatic when exploring and trying to captivate favor out of people, but gets reckless and aggressive in battle, requiring surgery and augmentations to sustain himself.
NPC Clara (N Construct Bard): Clara fell victim to a wasting curse at 18, prompting her father, the Governor of Rudy-Drag, to seek a way to preserve her life. He ultimately used his engineering and magical knowledge to create a life-sized mannequin and transfer her conscience into it, but to achieve that he sacrificed many to serve as his guinea pigs, first killing his servants, then abducting his own citizens to further his studies.
He ultimately died by the hands of the party, who then agreed to take care of Clara to atone for killing her father and to spare her from the retaliation from the victims' relatives.
Her bardic magic is staggeringly strong, and though she is not a fighter her body is lined with adamantium and can withstand any stray blow that comes her way. Though she is naive from her lack of experience, she is trying to learn how to use her powers for good.
Root Crimcross (NB Half-orc Alchemist/Gunslinger): A street thug turned scholar with a fascination for medicine and mechanics. He became a doctor in Quellasar, a town famous for its schools and research, and was researching a particular mineral from which the fabled Philosopher's Stone could allegedly be refined when he was assigned to the investigation party bound to Rudy-Drag. On his return he found his teacher murdered and was delivered a parcel containing a mysterious book, which seems to be possessed by a necromantic presence coveted by undead. He sought once again the help of his companions to find a way to destroy the book.
He keeps his cool and never joins a fray directly, controlling the augmentations on his companions and debilitating foes with his alchemical weapons, while managing the party's armaments and supplies between battles.